BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

When people thought of Po-Koro, they don't think of water. Endless expanses of sand, dry, arid deserts, that's what people thought of. And those misconceptions were only reinforced by the sudden antisocial behavior as the Lost Koro cut itself off from the world. But that was only half right. Po-Koro was situated to the north, on the western edge of the Motara Desert, and right beside a network of tributaries that connected the Koro to the ocean.

Po-Koro's navy had always been small, but few realized how big a gap in defense that was. Any old pirate could do what Raknar had done, and sail up those tributaries to the village's front door. And with the Fowadi as the only ship in the force, they were at an extreme disadvantage if anyone chose to do so again. Which was why there were a handful, a very, very small handful, of beings whose sole job was to guard those tributaries and keep watch. Well, that was how the higher ups explained it. In actuality, that figure was much inflated by the inclusion of the crew of the Fowadi.

In truth, there was just one being keeping an eye on them. No one else had the qualifications necessary to patrol the vast expanse of the waterways, and no one else had the inclination, either. Po-Matoran were notoriously bad swimmers. Which was why the Sentinels had been so keen to recruit the Ga-Lesterin when he showed up during the battle against the Rahkshi.

He was, in all honesty, Po-Koro's only true amphibious warrior. Able to function as effectively in the ocean as on land, maneuvering unseen beneath the surface until he surfaced for air. A keen eyes fisherman, such as the one currently perched on the bank, saw only a glint of cerulean armor, not at all unlike a large fish, before he passed by. The villager blinked, glancing at the bottle of rum beside him, and tossing it away.

A few more yards upstream, the surface of the water was broken by a hand, and subsequently a dripping wet being hauling himself onto the bank. Water fell in small streams off of the fin-like protrusions of his armor, colliding with the ground in a steady drip, evaporating almost instantly. Keen eyes noted the status of the village as the Lesterin approached, bouncing cheerfully on the balls of his feet. Any other Sentinel would have hated his job; Xohkan loved it.

But unfortunately, it was time for his shift to end. Not by choice, either. There was a mandatory time after which he had to take a break.

Oh well.

OOC: Xohkan open for interaction.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Rynekk

Short shadows striding resolutely through the burnt-tan avenues, as the multi-coloured lights of the rising sun mingle and merge it all together. A single stiff breeze rising up, flinging sand into the air like a divine broom sweeping up the world. The shouts of merchants; the steely gazes of patrollers; the sober silence of vagrants and beggars. I soak it all up, snatching away every stimulus of every sense that I can find, and sealing it away in my memory banks. I want to remember this time, this fleeting moment of utter normalcy.

Because after this, everything changes.

Maybe I should amend that last statement -- to be fair, nothing in these past three months could be considered normal. Not to me. Beneath my facade of kind, if rather prickly, good nature, darkness has been brewing in the tattered remains of what most would call my soul. Anxious dreams of fiery blue speedsters have roiled in my gut; cryptic sigils and endless lines have burned in my brain; nightmares of golden skulls with eyes of pure ice have haunted my sleep. Ghosts of my past, present and (probably) future who've juxtaposed themselves into my consciousness. The same ones who have driven me here:

The Po-Koro Penitentiary.

For my last visit.

Ever.

My fingers graze the twin papers in my coat pocket -- gifts from my antithesis. For a brief moment, I waver on my decision to have kept their existence hidden from my comrades. But within the next moment, my will has regained its steel bearing -- Knowledge of these documents only would've made them bigger targets for Stendhal, I quickly rationalize, my mental tone perfected through weeks of practice.

Targets; like Tadris. The best friend that I abandoned. The thirteenth coil in the noose that Stendhal's made for me. The Toa I've spent the last three months tearing this island apart to find -- and the one whose remained frustratingly elusive. I remember swearing to myself that I wouldn't do a thing that my resident sociopath asked until I had found Tadris again, safe and sound.

But after three months of chasing rumours and hunting shadows, I realized that that was a promise I would have to break.

Thus, why I'm here; stalking the sterile, unyielding hallways of this sandstone prison, heading right down to MaxSec 0 -- one of the most secure rooms in the entire building, and new home of the wonderful Stendhal. The iron amphitheatre for his orchestra of eternal screams -- his private Karz, built of bear traps, and wooden stakes and at least one iron maiden. It was the pinnacle of brutal engineer; and this was coming a guy who had made torture and despair into a science.

I turn the corner leading to the padlocked door of MaxSec 0, and I realize, with exponentially increasing horror, that three things are amiss.

- 1: There are no screams.

- 2: There is no guard.

- 3: The door is wide open.

My blood turns to straight to salted ice, and I sprint to the cell's portal, silently hoping against hope that my darkest suspicions will turn out to be horribly wrong.

Unfortunately, my intuition is just too good.

Where once stood a shackled Toa of Gravity, a poor Po-Matoran Sentinel now lay bloody and broken on the very device meant to keep him and his kin safe. A cursory glance at the corpse told me that it had been stripped of weaponry, meaning that the escapee was armed and dangerous.

It didn't take a genius to figure out the rest.

Prisoner Zero had broken free.

Stendhal was loose.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

I didn't really want to waste any more time on this place than I had to, so I cleared my throat. “Morning, Bry. Any plans for today?”

Ic: Brykon absorbed the moment and felt the familiar warmth from the sun as it battled with the cold of the pre-dawn and melted his past away with redemptive rays. His quiet and gentle tears were in stark contrast of his macho personality. The two streams pooled readily at the bottom of his chin before combining and dripping slowly to his great chest. He was so caught up in the moment to hear Jin's cool steps behind him.

She cleared her throat. "Morning, Bry. Any plans for today?"

The toa wished he could stay and savor every sunrise that peeked over the vast horizon of Po-Wahi but knew he couldn't. His mission and its intricacies was still first -- wallowing in a drug, no matter how benign, never solved anything. He knew that more truthfully then anyone. 'Senegal' was his drug for two centuries and what good did it breed for him? Nothing.

"Nothing," Brykon said in reply to Jin. She seemed disappointed at first until he turned away from the sun to face her. "We'll grab something to eat and then leave this koro." He was wary to say where to, thought. He didn't trust a village that didn't trust him, a symptom that went beyond his usually cautious disposition. And why wouldn't he have had reservations of speaking before guards? After all, the unlikely pair before Manuka just so happened to be two of the venerated turaga's assassins. Brykon had his charismatic factor going for him which translated as a good disarming tactic but it never could hide the truth of his past crimes.

But those are different, he assured himself. They were for the greater good, it was true, and he was serving as a counter against a true evil. "Sin for me," Atrim has asked of him. "Go where I can never go. Do what we know must be done."

And yet they were still crimes. Horrible crimes. Crimes he might never atone for, let alone confess to. But for now, the mission.

"Let's go back down," he said and tapped Jin on the shoulder lightly then led the way down the ramparts.

Stannis watched patiently as Joske placed the golden idols on his shelves. First there were thirty ceramic and hewn likenesses of the Wanderer, but Joske added another sixty. "... Ooh, here's one for 'Best Defined Jawline'! Um, 'Most Shamelessly Stolen Name.' 'Most Dreamy-eyed Maru.' 'Most Muscled Forehead.' Here, this one is for 'Most Prominent Cheekbones.' And ah! this final one is-- oh, I thought I saved the best one for last," Joske said, glancing back at the one for the cheekbones. "Anyway, this one is for 'Most iStones Broken.'"

The shelves looked about ready to fall off their mounts and Joske looked back at Stannis with a beaming face. "So!... Whatcha think!?!"

The Wanderer patiently stroked his chin as he stepped forward and inspected the last mini-Stannis. He picked the statuette from its perch and hefted it as if trying to measure its weight and quality for a road show. "What's an iStone?" he asked.

"You what? You... don't know?" Joske said, apparently mortified either by his joke being nitpicked, lost in translation or the disappointing reaction Stannis was giving. "It's like a glooowy tablet thingy that you can write on and watch things on. It also can play moving pictures! And--"

"No."

"Huh?"

"I stone you."

Still with the most expressionless of faces Stannis telekinetically pulled on a one of the stone idols -- the one for 'Longest Neck' -- and shot it from the shelf to the back of Joske's head. If used by a normal toa the move would have been useless, but Stannis was a Toa Maru with elemental powers beyond anyone else's so the maniplation trick was strong, precise and, most importantly, fast. Clobbered solidly, Joske's eyes rolled to the back of his head as he collapsed forward and into Stannis' waiting arms.

"He'll be out of it for an hour or so," Stannis said simply to the others in the room as he dragged Joske's limp body to the couch and laid him there. "Long enough for us to finish breakfast."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: (Hari)

"Alright then ma'am." Hari said, taking a seat across from her mentor. Relaxing as she reclined a little more into her chair she set down her gear so that no one would trip over them. "I actually haven't be here before, what would you recommend?" Hari asked with a smile, the anticipation for the training trip was obvious, because although she had previously relaxed into her chair she was now leaning forward. It was good to spend time with Naona, even though the Toa had only been around Hari personally a few times when she was a child the Toa had left a lasting impression on the Toa of Plant Life, whether it was her kind and caring behavior to Hari in the face of the lost of her parents, or whether it was getting Hari out of the way of the bar scuffles that Po-Koro seemed to be know for. She was an idol to Hari, Stannis was too in his own way, but Naona had been around longer and she had meant so much to Hari. Naona was the kind of officer, the kind of Guard Hari hoped to be, minus a few bits here and there, but everyone has their quirks.

"What's going to be our first stop ma'am?" She added.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC (Cael)

The healer's eyes widened as her amusement turned to shocked surprise. Pushing her chair back from the table, she quickly moved to the couch, her experienced fingers prodding at the back of Joske's skull.

“That was uncalled for,” she said shortly to Stannis. “He could have a concussion.”

Ic: "Maybe, but I doubt it," Stannis said as he started to cook the break of fast. "However, I'm sure he'll be rather angry." He didn't seem entirely perturbed by the prospect, though he was very much aware Joske's spirit of competition would want to top the counter prank with something more. And Stannis would be waiting for it. "It was good stress relief, though, as if Joske were Korero and I had slapped the bad jokes from his lips."

IC

[stannis' residence, Po-Koro - morning]

The last thing I remembered was Stannis giving me he maddening blank look, saying, "I stone you".

Then everything going black.

How long I was out I didn't know. Nor did I care. What was the most pressing thing on my mind was the pain and pressure at the back of my skull pounding at my brain. Needless to say I returned to consciousness with the full welcoming committee dancing in my head, complete with gritted teeth and a mild groan. And my attempt to sit up only met with my rolling off the couch and collapsing to the floor on all fours.

That... that was uncalled for.

I stared at the polished stone floor, or as much as my eyesight would allow me, feeling as though all my senses were re-booting. You know, the blow didn't even have to be that hard; as long as it was perfectly placed at the back of the skull, right at the soft spot, you could incapacitate someone instantly, not to mention leave them completely out of sorts once they managed to wake up. And it didn't take a genius to figure out he must of used one of those statues... somehow...

I couldn't get any farther due to the headache.

Ok, I understood escalation. I understand how things can be said or done and not be seen as funny, and I perfectly understood how things can get out of hand. But that was... to go from witty banter and toys to outright violence - I found myself surprisingly angry. As emotional as I got at times anger wasn't on the list anymore, and if it was, directed at me and me alone in a mild sense. I had learned early on that getting angry only made things worse, much worse, and as Ta-Toa that was particularly true. Except in this case I was utterly powerless in every sense of the word and could do literally nothing but lay down and take it. Which didn't help my anger which had found it's way into my cheeks. Even through the headache I was coherent enough to realize that right now the ball was in my court and whatever happened next was up to me, which meant there was only one thing I could do in a situation like this.

Walk away.

"Vakama was right... never take a Po-Toa for granite."

I said that with as much even-leveled voice as I could muster, which was no easy feat. Slowly I got to my feet - well, more like stumbled as I was slowly regaining my equilibrium - I steadied myself against the wall, taking a breath as I felt my body quickly returning to normal, my pain now a dull throbbing.

"I'm going to see a matoran named Golyo; got a lead he might know where the charms in this Koro are located. I'll be back... sometime."

With that I walked right out the door without another word. I didn't even look at any of them as I left, particularly Stannis. I didn't even take my cloak or even bag, the only thing on me was my armor and the sheathed sword; I was too busy trying to leave and not do anything stupid or that I would later regret to remember some of the more useful items I had initially brought with me. I didn't even have breakfast. I just left and stalked down the street, making a bee-line for the main gate. Once I got there if I remembered the trip in correctly I would take a left and near the entrance would be a range where he herded the Mahi. Just look for the annoying Rahi.

Speaking of annoying Rahi, I know one very well. Happens to be a Toa of Stone and thinks it's great to beat people over the head with mini likenesses of himself...

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Naona

"I'd recommend the green tea and bean-curd," replied Naona, ordering for herself some black tea and a croissant. "I tried some the last time I was here; it was pretty good."

She leaned forward, sliding some widgets over to the Matoran manning the bar. Tillian's message had convinced her to bring her protégée along on a training trip, but she did not know if she wanted to visit her superior just yet. The Toa of Stone didn't actually know where the younger Toa was anyway; was he in Le-koro or Ga-koro? It was sometimes rather frustrating, having to deal with his flightiness and regular disappearances.

Besides, there were other people she needed to visit too.

Naona mentally sighed. She supposed she could go find Tillian first - Hari was keen to see him again.

"We'll go to Ga," she replied.

OOC EW jam.

IC

Number one Brykon's to-do list: Breakfast. Can't say I was unhappy with the decision.

We got ourselves a table at a sort of cafe with a patio. Cobblestones, wooden tables, umbrellas. The sun had only risen half an hour ago, but the air was already getting warm. That's Po-Koro for you. See why I hate it yet?

We were seated at a table with a view of the marketplace. I watched the vendors set up as I drank my coffee (cream, no sugar, if you care) and waited for Bry to say anything if he had something to say, or for the waiter to come back and take our orders. Whichever came first.

Brykon started to say something but hadn't made it past the first syllable before the server came -- the kitchen had just opened to make more than mere coffee -- to take their orders. Brykon sipped at his earl grey tea with one lump while he waited for Jin to place her order -- eggs benedict with a side order of biscuits and gravy. Brykon settled for a dollar chocochip pancake platter with sausage links and watched the server go back inside before trying to talk again.

"There's an abandoned herder village near the border with Onu-Wahi. I used it as a base once. It was home, even, for a short while. We'll check it out, maybe spend the night there and plan our next steps," he explained before sipping his tea.

“Can't say I'm against planning,” I said, taking a sip of coffee. The stuff wasn't amazing, but it was hot, and it woke me up. “But what are we planning for? When do we get a new assignment?”

"Whenever I get word," Brykon said, somewhat disappointed. After the Makuta's defeat he was told that he was to devote his time running both Bad Company and the army. That was fine by him except for the fact that Bad Company hadn't been needed for anything in that time. The bad eggs were becoming restless, only the constant stream of cash from Brykon kept them obedient and on call. Including Jin. But it was still dangerous to be sleeping for too long.

"We'll work on weighing some options. I don't want the company to fall apart from too little practice. We may have to change some things up a little. Make some action."

Action. That was what I liked to hear. Staying still for too long let things catch up that I'd rather stay ahead of.

The waiter refilled my coffee; I splashed some cream in. It was times like these that I realized how much I missed the good old days. Sure, being in Bad Company was basically the best thing you could put on your resume, but it didn't feel the same. I remembered the last time I'd been in Po-Koro: I'd been kicking butt and taking names. Picking fights on the streets. Seducing a guy only to stuff an explosive fruit in his mouth. Those were the glory days, I guess.

The days before I'd met Dorian. Aurelia. Vakama. I'd left half of them behind, but they kept catching up and reminding me that things weren't the same. And as long as things stayed slow, there wasn't any way to prove them wrong.

All I wanted was to plant my fist in some ######'s face. Too much to ask?

“Sounds good to me.”

"Something's on your mind and I think I know what it is," Brykon said. He sipped his tea gently and looked over the rim of the cup into Jin's eyes. He knew that look. He spent many years looking at those kinds of eyes before, in the ring and in his life. His thoughts were interrupted by the server -- what an annoyingly attentive server -- bringing a new pot of tea. Being first customer had its perks and downfalls, it seemed.

“Didn't know you were a psychiatrist,” I shot back without thinking, so wrapped up in my thoughts that I'd forgotten who I was talking to. Colonel Brykon. Senegal. The Bard. The Man Who Could Snap My Neck Off And Also Cut Off My Cash Flow.

“Sir,” I quickly tagged on.

The sudden formality caught Brykon off guard. "Not in public," he glowered slightly. While in that scene he preferred keeping low profiles. Subordinates calling him "sir" all the time would raise suspicions and assumptions. Thankfully nobody was around then and there.

"But I've had to deal with dozens of people who had that look. I know it well."

I nodded once. Rookie mistake. What happens when you get caught up in the past and stop focusing on the job. Because, like it or not, this was a job. Still had to prove I had what it takes, even when I wasn't doing much of anything in particular.

“Sorry,” I mumbled. “Just tired of doing nothing, is all. You know how it is.”

"I do," Brykon said. Or rather, he did, secondhandedly. He never possessed the same sort of hankering for violence and blood his peers did, but he witnessed it plenty enough. To him, the violence was necessary but never a driving factor. He was an entertainer for a long time, then a servant, then a leader, but every time he bashed faces in it was for a higher purpose, either to please the fans, appease the handlers or impress the workers.

How ironic it was that someone who detested destruction so much was charged with organizing and operating those who enjoyed it. Poetic.

The server came with the food. Breakfast never did take long to prepare.

The waiter placed a steaming plate of food in front of me. Slamming back the last of my coffee, I picked up a knife and fork and dug in. Across the table, Brykon did the same.

Say what I do about the rest of the place, breakfast in Po wasn't too bad. Guess you can't mess up eggs and pancakes too badly, even when you're stupid enough to live in the middle of the desert.

I swallowed my bite. “So. Changing things up.”

"That's enough for now," Brykon said. "We'll talk more about it later." After all, the plan was to strategize in the village Brykon mentioned, not there in Po-Koro. That was a time for much lighter conversation.

"You chew funny."

Forget chewing- I just about choked at that remark. I looked up to see Bry daintily munching on his flapjacks, like he'd said nothing out of the ordinary.

Let's just say I hadn't been expecting that. But we were undercover, after all. Less we acted like mercs, less likely we were to be taken for them. Unless we took it too far, in which case it'd be obvious. I decided to play it cool, even though it felt off. Sparring with a partner's one thing; sparring with your boss is another. Sure, in this case my boss was my partner, but you get the picture. Weird.

Anyway, I was on company time.

“Thanks. Your eyes are a lovely shade of bloodshot.”

"Only the most mysterious eyes for you," Brykon shot back. "I know how much you like red." -- after all, just look at Vakama.

My knife almost cut through my plate. “You'll be seeing nothing but red in half a second -and it'll be you bleeding it.”

Brykon laughed good naturedly, as if Jin had just said a particularly conservative joke. "Have you ever seen someone's armor crush the life out of them?" he asked back.

"Yeah. S'why I don't wear any."

Brykon's tone turned dense enough to be a knife. "You wear enough."

-- "More coffee?"

“Thanks.”

I held out my mug, and smiled innocently as the dark brown liquid splashed into the cup.

Brykon pulled a cigar out and conjured a little razor between his fingers to cut the plump roll while the server poured the coffee for Jin. He stuck a match and lit the end of it as she walked away, then puffed the vanilla scented smoke, relishing its flavour. Casting his attention back to the table he readied his fork.

The server had stolen his plate from right under his nose. "###### that server," he muttered.

"What?"

"I still had a perfectly good link on the platter," Brykon said with a sigh and nonchalantly finished his tea.

IC (Cael)

“Joske-”

She was too late. The Toa of Fire was already gone.

The healer stood silently for a moment, then sat down at the table, rejoining Stannis and Merror for breakfast. Merror in particular looked concerned as to the fate of their companion; Cael waved away his concerns with a sigh.

“It's alright; he's just steamed up.”

She picked up her piece of toast, then changed her mind and reached for an orange instead. The peel fell away easily from the ripe fruit, filling the room with a fresh, summery fragrance.

Sure, Stannis might have gone a little far, but it wasn't much different from many of the pranks Joske had pulled. The healer's mind flew back to a crisp morning in Ko-Koro, when he and Angelus had tied Tuara down and force-fed her waffles. That hadn't exactly turned out well, but the two Ta-Toa had thought it hilarious at the time.

Turned around on him, Joske had retreated with a stormy countenance. A year ago, Cael would have followed him (in fact, that's what she had done the first day she'd seen him as a Toa: she'd followed him away from the crowd in an attempt to help him), but living with the Toa of Fire for a few months had taught her that Joske could handle himself. Sure, he was still a relatively inexperienced Toa, but he was wise in his own way, and he had learned how to handle his emotions. The healer had walked him through this many times; now he was able to do it himself.

It was hard for her, though. Even though she knew he didn't nee her to hold his hand anymore, she wanted nothing more than to rush after him and try to fix the problem. That's what she'd done all her life: throw herself at problems until she found the solution. She had spent her life on others; now she was learning to help others find the path to improvement, and then let them walk it themselves.

It was a different kind of healing.

Edited by Holden Caulfield

IC

[Outskirts of Po-Koro, Mahi range - morning]

The walk took less time than I had hoped.

Before me was a large pen, a low stone wall the only indication of its existence it was so large and open, Po-Koro's walls a small distance behind me. Getting out had been extraordinarily easier than getting in - somewhere between my elevated "VIP" status and the scowl on my face as I marched out of town more or less kept everyone at arm's length. In fact, the walk had taken so little time I hadn't fully diffused myself from what had happened a few minutes earlier. It was here in the midst of my disjointed ponderings that I heard a higher-pitched, creaky voice.

"What can I do for you, sssssonny?"

I craned my head, and to my right there sat an old matoran in a just as old rocking chair, lounging beneath an expired shack that should have been taken down decades ago. I couldn't tell if that chair had been imported from Ga- or Le-Koro, and I couldn't decide which was older: the chair, him, or the shack that looked like what little shade it provided was about to collapse on top of him. Despite the apparent danger however he rocked away in that rickety wooden chair, smoking something out of a obnoxiously long pipe. Despite all this his eyes were exceptionally bright, composed, piercing even.

I had a hunch he was a lot more perceptive than appearances let on.

"Are you... Golyo?" I asked, giving him the once over.

"Who's asking?" came the curt response as he leaned back, taking another puff from his pipe. I maskpalmed, grimacing as I did. Not here, not now, not him too. I wasn't in the mood and I didn't have time for this-

It hit me just how similar things were back when I first started this quest and right now, feelings included.

"Someone who is looking for these," I said, lifting up a charm I had in my pocket from last night, forcing a pleasant tone, "and I heard you might know where the rest are in this area."

It was his turn to size me up, as if he was gauging me for something. His lips played with his pipe for the longest of times before finally speaking, his eyes critical. "First of all, I don't like yer attitude, sonny; even if ya were one of the Maru I wouldn't give ya the time of day if yer weren't polite about it. But seeing as ya already have some of the others... "

His high-pitched whistling speech was grating, causing me to cringe ever-so-slightly as he spoke, but he did have point - my attitude wasn't the greatest at this point in time. I just kinda frowned at him as he continued to stare me down, though his eyes had brightened up again.

Never a good sign.

"Tell ya what... I'll give ya chance to prove yerself, but ya gotta do me a favor first."

Suddenly it felt like Le-Koro all over again with that obnoxious disk-throwing Le-Matoran.

Except about a hundred degrees hotter.

"Like what?"

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC (Merror)

"You shouldn't have done that," said Merror reproachfully in spite of Cael's reassurances as they finished their breakfast. "I can understand resenting his little bit of one-upmanship, but you didn't have to escalate to violence..."

Stannis may have been one of the most powerful and respected Toa on the island, but that didn't exempt him from Merror's moral critique. He may have vanquished Makuta, but that didn't make him infallible, and his un-called-for striking of Joske had chipped off a little of the respect he'd earned from the veteran earlier. Merror was the oldest Toa in the room - not a prophet, not a celebrity, not a healer - a veteran, and experience like his brought wisdom.

Taking a clean piece of cloth from one of the bags, he wrapped up Joske's uneaten food (mainly fruit, bread and Maha cheese) from the table and stowed it in the sack, which he then slung over one shoulder.

"I'd better follow the lad," he said, immediately turning to Cael, raising a hand to interrupt the warning he knew would come " - and, don't worry, I'm not going to try and interfere."

He rolled his eyes.

"I just want to make sure he gets his breakfast."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC::As Devounx is wandering the wasteland where the Hybraxi felt most comfy, a strange huge boulder flew at him, and got disintegrated by the Hybraxi,'s fused energy, a combo of lame and sonic attacks merged inside of him, and a scorpion Rahi came out where the boulder had come from. "So your the own that threw that boulder at me..." Devounx said to it. The Rahi just chittered at him, and a ball of magma formed at the tip of its stinger. "Oh karz..." Devounx said as the ball of magma solidified into a boulder, and was shot at him and he instinctively blocked it with another blast of sonic blaze. "At times, I wish I had a team with me! That would help right about now!" Devounx yelped as he ran to Po-Koro and panted at the gate. "You down there! The Toa! What are you doing panting there?" A guard cried down to Devounx. "Got attacked by a catapult scorpion! Thing almost got me! I HATE catapult scorpions! If I never see another of those things in my life, it will be too soon!" Devounx replies. "Hey who are ya anyways?" "No time, I just saw an army of nui-jaga aproaching." "Well I'm heading inside!" Devounx yells, going right through the gates. I hate scorpions., Devounx thinks to himself, and he tries to find somepalce to live at here and failing miserably. Man I hate my broke life right ow, he thinks to himself. Maybe Le-Koro can help...no too much plant life, there's a biological matter issue for me...onu is too dark...ga too wet...po has too many stingers...ta has too much bravery...ko is too cold...there might be someplace else, I just cant think of it and still nothing...OOC: Devounx nowopen for interaction in the kohlii fields. Also hybraxi were made through a incident involving the nui stone, which Devounx mostly forgot about reading.

Edited by ToaDraconixMahvi

Ic: “It's alright; he's just steamed up.”

"I know."

"You shouldn't have done that," said Merror reproachfully in spite of Cael's reassurances as they finished their breakfast. "I can understand resenting his little bit of one-upmanship, but you didn't have to escalate to violence..."

Stannis shrugged. Joske would pay him back and up the ante eventually, he knew that much -- it was in his nature as a Ta-Matoran. Perhaps it rubbed off a little -- or even a lot -- on Stannis from his many years as a Ta-Koro Guard. In any case the prophet didn't seem too perturbed. Besides, it was hardly immoral violence. Stannis knew that the older toa was worried about morality, but Stannis opted to simple observe Merror more closely insetad of discussing points with him.

"I'd better follow the lad," he said, immediately turning to Cael, raising a hand to interrupt the warning he knew would come " - and, don't worry, I'm not going to try and interfere. I just want to make sure he gets his breakfast."

"Joske's just fine," he said to the departing Merror. "But here, take this pancake wrap to him. The hot sun will warm it up in time for him. I'll stay here and wait for his return."

On another part of town, Brykon and Jin had finished their breakfast with more than enough animated conversation for the day. In the end, by the time the server collected the payment -- a single golden widget -- the toa and Vortixx had played with each other's nerves, minds and hearts. And Jin had lost.

As Brykon led her from the village and out the gates into the sandy wahi, his maps secreted in his armor and the sun's position guiding his way as he considered Jin's place in his plan. Jin was a reminder of a violent past, a chilly relic of Brykon's crimes, if a new addition. And for every one of good Brykon added to his soul he would always have -- always need -- Jin to balance him. Ambages, Aurelia, their fellows, they played games. Brykon played life. His was a more dangerous activity.

He resisted the urge to look at Jin with wary. He needed to trust her, and so long as he was Brykon the commander he knew he could. He needed Jin more than she knew. That was his main advantage.

IC: Prei

I think I know how the others feel now. The village may be safe, but it's really, really boring. Nothing happens. At all. Especially when you're stuck on the wall. Nothing. At all.

Wish Tera would let me have doughnuts again.

Tch.

"Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone," I murmur, my eyes trained on the sands.

IC: SerenThe Onu-Toa's mouth turned up in a grin, Seren adjusting his Akaku before continuing. "Something like that, yes."He leaned forward."Point of fact: Po-Koro's recent actions have scared the other villages. If this pace continues, we'll have war on our hands.""And the Guard isn't strong enough to defend it if that happens soon. Professional opinion."The ex-soldier was met with a murmur of agreement. "I propose that we stop this, before it costs the village dearly."IC: "Prei, I'm sorry." Tera walked out next to her former partner.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Shadows that held more darkness than what the eye could see obscured a monolithic form in their inky depths. The gigantic shape was unmoving, as if it was carved from the massive throne of granite it was seated upon. Two points of light burned bloodred from underneath a shadowy Kanohi, staring into the darkness surrounding them. Thoughts darker than the blackness that enveloped them flicked their way behind eyes that gleamed with an unnerving intelligence.

It was almost time.

And then, it would begin.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: (Junyaus/Governmental Offices/Po-Koro)

Jun had arrived in Po-Koro in mid afternoon, and had immediately set forth to getting out of his luxury clothes. After making sure it was safe, he put on his Sentinel uniform; khaki tunic with copper buttons, brown trousers and leather boots. After inspecting himself for dress-code violations, he walked on over the Akiri's office. To the secretary, he said:

"Agent Junyaus," he flashed his Sentinel badge. "May I speak to the Akiri?"

OOC: Retcon.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: OgekaOgeka sat behind the counter in Ogeka Tech, impatiently tapping his fingers on the stone surface. It has been hours since he had. Seen a customer, and what's worse, his designs had been at the Akiri's office for weeks with no word.As soon as I get those plans confirmed, I Chang leave this isolated village and get some real money, he thought. That's it, I'm going to check on it! That Akiri's kept me waiting long enough!He charged out of the shop, pausing only long enough to put up his "Closed" sign. He burst through the Akiri's door, but he had learned enough from his last encounter to not try and barge into the Akiri's office. This time, he shouted at the secretary: "I need to see the Akiri..."He pause when he noticed a Su-Matoran who seemed to be in mid-conversation with the secretary. The threatening look in the Matoran's manner quickly humbled him. "I mean...I'm sorry, was he here first? Let him go, I can wait."Without another word, he sat down on one of the chairs in the lobby, idly looking around.

IC: Stendhal

Breaking into the prisoner belongings chest of any high-security establishment, even with the use of ludicrous powers like gravity and teleportation, was generally seen as impossible. Fortunately for Stendhal, he had been well-versed in the impossible since birth.

The real trick was not to kill anyone. This was a mistake made by many a would-be thief. Killing simply ensures the stealing individual's discovery. If you slip in and slip out without anyone noticing, then it was a simple job, and one's deeds would go undiscovered until one was far from the premises.

Except, slipping out without anyone noticing is a lot harder when you're completely decked out in heavy armour and brutal weaponry. It is for this reason that Stendhal didn't bother with the sneaking once he had caused a distraction outside to make the guards look the other way -that being setting a nearby cart alight, which was quickly extinguished by its owner- and recovered his equipment. Instead, he simply smashed the door off its hinges, taking the guards by surprise, and ran for his life.

As he paced athletically through the sands, over huts and under market stools, his mind wandered back to his cell. Now was around the usual time of Rynekk's house calls, and he was almost sure to have discovered the dead Matoran and wide open door. Stendhal was tempted to quickly look over his shoulder to see if his old buddy was on hot pursuit with the other people chasing him, but he knew that if he turned around for only a split second he could lose valuable speed and distance. So, he ran, and hoped he was far enough ahead of his pursuers. For the gate was now fast-approaching, and if he could just get out into the desert, he could lose them.

But something was horribly wrong.

Stendhal couldn't see it yet, but there was a small mishap with the roads. This being, that they had ceased to be.

He had no way of getting back if he left the village.

Edited by Wotsiznaim

IC: Rekirar

Rekirar could see much of Po-koro from his position on the wall, including a Toa who was running right for the gates below the Vortixx. Rekirar scanned the being with his visor, storing an image of his face. It appeared to be a male Toa (Stendhal), from his color scheme Rekirar guessed he may be a Toa of Water, or maybe Lightning, but he decided not to assume that till he knew for a fact what he was. He knew some Toa had odd colorings for their element.

Regardless, this Toa was clearly on the run, trying to escape Po-koro by the looks of it. Rekirar knew his duty as a guard was to apprehend him as such.

Rekirar leaped off the wall, landing on a ledge a few feet below before leaping off of it as well, he continued this until he reached the ground, unsheathing is massive broadsword as he did so, the weapon was nearly as long as a Toa was tall.

"Halt Toa!" Rekirar said loud and clear in a stern, stoic matter. Not harsh in the slightest, but it still carried the authority and seriousness required. "If you do not I will bring you down by whatever means necessary. Do not attempt to escape...even if you succeed, you will perish in the sands." If the Toa wanted to escape now, he'd have to get past Rekirar first, the only thing standing between him and the gate.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: (Junyaus/Governmental Offices/Po-Koro)

Jun noticed the other person with a bored look.

"I have a report for our Akiri, and I think it would be prudent to show it him now."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

iC: Hewkii's secretary nodded. "The Akiri is overseeing a trial at the moment. However, you may wait for him." She said.

~+~

Hewkii looked the disguise over and frowned, thinking. Finally, he seemed to come to a decision. "You have not substantially harmed anyone." He said. "And you have made it clear your efforts were to escape a perceived threat to your life. That being said, it does seem that you did what you were accused of. You will be expected to do one week of community service. For that week we will make sure no one harms you. However, if you wish to seek formal asylum in Po-Koro after that week, we will continue to protect you and attempt to root out whoever it is that is after you."

:w:

OOC: Woot. You have defined Hewkii as fair, intelligent, competent and just judge. Nice job Wysp. IC:Ghoti pouted. "Fine..." She quickly took of her disguise armor pieces. She left the courtroom when granted leave, and went to lobby, awaiting to be assigned her community service. OOC: I'm probably not going to RP her doing community service, I'll just take a break with her character and focus with some new characters. After some time has passed I'll go back to her, and continue with her story, saying a week has passed.

Edited by Shark

lawl.png

I have been known as shark112, Shark112, Shark Owns Demons All teh Time (yes the is typoed intentionally), Sharkalicious, The Venom Symbiote, Zyglakky Shark Ranger, Pope Sharkictus CXII, King Sharkictus CXII, Dotor Shark PhD Bionicle, and Shark.

The Toa of gravity was close enough now to see his mistake. The path he was sprinting across led under the village walls, through the gate, but it stopped right there. Everything was very different to what it was three months ago, when he had been brought here.

Suddenly, a Vortixx slammed down in front of him, carrying a weapon larger than Stendhal himself. "Halt Toa!" They cried. "If you do not I will bring you down by whatever means necessary. Do not attempt to escape...even if you succeed, you will perish in the sands."

Stendhal skidded to a halt before the towering figure, his eyes still focused on his non-existent escape route. A glance over his shoulder revealed that his other pursuers had caught up with him as well. He was completely surrounded.

"I'd rather die out there than spend another day in here," he spat, narrowing his eyes at the Vortixx. "I'm warning you. Don't make me hurt you."

"You are hopelessly outnumbered, and outmatched." the Vortixx replied simply, his massive weapon in an defensive stance. His visor displayed the heat signatures of both the Toa and the other guards quickly coming from behind the runaway.

"It is not my job to kill nor harm you. But I will one or the other if you continue this foolishness. Stand down."

Edited by A billion cats

Stendhal shook his head, and began to reach out with his powers. The sand on the ground began to shuffle and grind irritably, and soon, several of those surrounding him began to drop their weapons, and one or two were brought on to one knee. "I warned you. You didn't listen."

The gravity was increasing in a ring around Stendhal, affecting those around him. Everything was getting heavier and heavier, and it wasn't long before more weapons were dropped.

"Stand aside," he announced as another fell to the ground behind him, their legs unable to support their own weight. "Please."

Ah, a Toa of Gravity... Rekirar thought as he stabbed his weapon into the ground, using the weapon to support himself so he could stand a little longer under the increased weight of everything.

Rekirar knew he had little time to act, the gravity was still increasing and soon it would be too much for even a strong Vortixx like himself to stand. One of his hands let go of his weapon and went to his tool belt, pulling out his Volo Lutu Launcher, the grapnel gun was designed to withstand a considerable amount of weight considering it was for hauling entire beings. He aimed and fired the launcher at Stendhal, hoping to either hook around one of his limbs or any piece of his armor. If the Toa tried to evade the weapon he'd lose focus on using his powers and give Rekirar enough time to launch an attack. He seriously doubted that at this range Stendhal would have enough time to increase gravity enough to stop the launcher from reaching him, it wasn't very feasible.

Edited by A billion cats

The hook narrowly missed Stendhal, skimming his shoulder, as he leaned out of the way, and subsequently sacrificed his concentration to grab the hook out of the air. Now using both hands, he planted his feet in the ground and pulled, hard, in an effort to either disarm his foe or draw him in closer.