BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Ferron (Zuria's Hut)

IC: Zuriana

She gazed at the miniature Krell as if she was looking upon the real thing once again. It was as if his body was preserved and shrunken so it could fit into the palm of one's hand. Reaching out, she patted the little Krell on the head with her index finger.

"Ferron, it's wonderful!" She exclaimed softly. "You've got it all spot on. How long did this take you?"

IC: Zuriana

She gazed at the miniature Krell as if she was looking upon the real thing once again. It was as if his body was preserved and shrunken so it could fit into the palm of one's hand. Reaching out, she patted the little Krell on the head with her index finger.

"Ferron, it's wonderful!" She exclaimed softly. "You've got it all spot on. How long did this take you?"

IC: Ferron (Zuria's Hut)

Ferron smiled, Zuria's joy was almost proportional to his own when he'd finally finished his work, and finally realized hos much it looked like the real thing.

"It took quite a while, about the three months since we last saw each other. I didn't want to cheat and just use my powers to form it, so I did it by hand. There are some things that any variety of fancy powers can't replicate, like a work you put your very being into."

"The other reason it took so long is because I made two of them, one of them for me..." he trailed off as he floated the statue into Zuria's arms.

"And the other for you"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Calkf"Losing your sanity, you say?"There was a sudden gleam in her eyes."Well, I am a therapist."

IC - Aenarius:

The Toa gave a half-snorted laugh. "Sorry," he said. "Two hours in the sun will do me a lot more good than that."

IC:Miraul smiled as he lead the team through the open gates of Onu-Koro, finally returning from a long expedition in the Le-Wahi jungle. Miraul and his team had decided to make themselves useful by hunting and defeating the Rahi in the wilds there. They had proven greatly effective in this role, until the Rahi had ceased to be aggressive. Mystified by this, they had discovered the defeat of the Makuta when they returned to Le-koro. Now content that they had done much in the role of protectors, they decided to make a living until some new threat emerged on the island. They set course for Onu-Koro-with the growth of industry there, there was no better place for craftsmen, as much of the team already was, and the rest would soon be.

Miraul lead the way into the village, looking around for someone to ask where he might get a building permit, land and the materials for a larger than average hut. That, or one that he could buy.

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Matan & Natan workshop):

"I'm looking for... an upgrade for my piackaxe", Kirgan replied. "Making it a crossbow on the side. Normal arrows. Think you can do it?"

EDIT: Edited...

IC (Matan and Natan): "That should be possible" Matan replied. "Come inside and we'll see what we can do." He lead the matoran inside, just as he had done with Ferron, into the workshop where Natan was.

"So now, what exact specifications do you want on this weapon?" Natan asked after hearing the brief run-down from Matan.

ppg2.png

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Matan's and Natan's workshop):

"Well, I need to be able to keep mining with it", Kirgan said. "Just the basic crossbow mechanism should be added to one side. The more compact, the better. The trigger should be on the other side, of course."

IC-Ράξα:

Raxa waited for the others to slowly leave the alley - ignoring the insult that Interitio had given him - before speaking up again, his wine glass, contrary to Interitio's expectations, still mostly full; the Toa of Crystal wasn't a drunkard, despite what his former co-worker might hope.

"Interitio, I didn't think you the type to so blatantly insult me as though it were some sort of revenge. Still sore over my having been chosen to be the new voice, earlier?" Without waiting for a response, he quickly continued, looking through a small prism quickly formed in his hand.

"However, I do not plan to do as you and our superior wish me to do. I think it would be good for you to actually speak to some of our people, instead of just watching them; judging by what I just saw, you could use the practice. Instead, let it be known that I have my own plans to pursue. Where they coincide with NEX's I will help, and if you all need a hand, call on me; however, I'm not going to be just another one of the slaves; I'm not a simple gear, you know." He tossed the prism to Interitio, the shadowed Toa easily catching it. Once it was held in the light he would notice it wasn't perfect; a single shard of crystal was trapped within, as dark as Onyx.

"You can carry the message that our little friend who used to hide in the catacombs is dead, if you've noticed that much; Meanwhile, I have business to take care of in the other Koros. Also...that wine I asked you to hold on to before I left, I hope you didn't drink that yourself. And may mercy be extended upon whoever did drink it, even if they were licking it up from the floor." With a quick about-ace Raxa walked off through the Koro, into shadows past the alley, where he disappeared with more surety than any but Interitio, his only equal in the field of natural stealth.

And soon enough he was already on his way back to Ta-Koro; time for him to get a real wine, not this second-rate Onu-Koran stuff. Showing his inter-koro travel visa to the guards, he set off down the tunnel. In his hand, playing with a small gem; dark onyx as well, though this was strangely translucent. The sign of one loose end that had been tied up.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Krahma

'I swear, I'll give you the worst headache of your life if you put Tepi in harms way,' said Dowun's voice.

'Since you asked so nicely, I'll get us both killed before that happens,' Krahma said in his head.

'How refreshing.'

"His name is Tepi," Krahma said to Vex. "Not really sure where he lives though, I met him in Le-wahi."

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC: Vex

"So... you have no idea where he lives... well thats just grea-", Vex was interupted by a crashing sound and shouting coming from a bar. And from that, a wreck of a Onu-Matoran walked out of the doors

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC ZahkonAs he crossed the Onu-Wahian border, there came a smile on his face, Onu-Koro had always been the Koro, where he as an engineer and weapon-maker felt most home too."Ah Onu-Wahi, it's good to be back... Guys I think we better out up our camp here and stay for the night, ok?"

I'm back!

IC: Kordan

"Ive heard this place isnt the nicest of areas. Be on your guard", Kordan looked around. I think there may be a few bars or inns further down the read. We had better stay there than be vulnerable outside."

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC Zahkon"I'm tired ya know, we should rest here, no dark creature is going to dare and attack our combined mights, lets create a fire, and rest. I think there needs a lot of storytelling to be done, and also, tomorrow will be a hard day."The sun had almost dissapeared behind the horizon...OOC Also ToaTapio, we just crossed the border, we're still quite far from the Koro, and we're still aboveground

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

OOC: Oops, my mistake. Sorry.

IC Hile

(Onu-Wahi):

Hile watched the sun disappearing under the horizon. It was a beautiful sight, truly a reason for why he loved travelling. The wonders of nature had always been important to him. Other Ko-Matoran didn't understand him. They just wanted to stay in their small icy huts contemplating all day, leaving their dwelling's only to stare at some carvings on the Wall of Prophesies. Hile wasn't like that. He loved adventure, and he felt pretty sure adventure was meant for him.

'That's him by the way,' said Dowun in Krahma's head.

'Genius,' Krahma responded. 'I have your memories you know, I know who Tepi is.'

"That's him Vex," said Krahma, suddenly realising that Tepi did not look like the most successful engineer, and wondering if Vex might be about to turn him inside out.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Tepi

Tepi locked eyes with his old friend. The two of them had fought waves of Rahkshi together but had lost contact after the batter. Tepi didnt even know if he was alive. but he saw... yet something... looked... different in his eyes.

"Ranama?" he said, almost not believing the words that came out of his mouth

"He took out some Nui-Rama with some sonic weapon when we first met, didn't you Tepi? That's engineering talent. Still, he might not be all there anymore. I know I'm not."He laughed hysterically.

'If you're quite done, can I talk to Tepi?' asked Dowun's voice.

'That's a great plan,' Krahma replied sarcastically. 'Just when he thinks his friend is gone, make him come back, and show that you've absolutely no control over your own brain anymore.'

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

"I don't want anything personally from you. Vex here wants weapons though! Ironic really. Presumably, if you don't give them to him, he'll have to kill you. With this weapons. Which he doesn't have."

Krahma burst into more laughter, in no doubt that Vex probably had plenty of weapons, and was probably about to wring his throat.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Matan's and Natan's workshop):

"Well, I need to be able to keep mining with it", Kirgan said. "Just the basic crossbow mechanism should be added to one side. The more compact, the better. The trigger should be on the other side, of course."

IC (Matan and Natan): "Yes, that's definitely possible" Natan said, scratching his oversized chin, "but I should tell you that pickaxes and crossbows don't normally go together too well. If you want a hybrid, the effectiveness of both pieces will be compromised. Having the crossbow mechanism attached will disrupt some of the strength in the pickaxe's handle (though we can find a way to deal with the balance problems), and if the crossbow is to be compact and collapsible to integrate with the pickaxe, it won't be very large or strong."

"What my brother is saying" Matan interrupted, "is that you might be better off with just a pickaxe and a crossbow. Though of course we can build a hybrid if that is really what you want".

ppg2.png

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Matan and Natan's workshop):

Kirgan chuckled. "Hmm, didn't think of that. Perhaps I could propose a separate crossbow then, but with sharp edges? My main idea was having a tool/weapon in the mines, since you never know when Rahi might get agitated and attack. I wouldn't mind a different kind of weapon either... maybe something that could be mounted on my shoulders, like one of those Zamor launcher things I've seen around. One possibility is having a crossbow with sharp edges useful for climbing, not mining. What do you suggest?"

IC (Matan and Natan): "A zamor launcher, unfortunately, is out of the question" Matan replied. "The technology level of this island isn't yet advanced enough for the manufacture of new ones - we can't make the necessary equipment or materials yet. All the zamor launchers you may have seen have been brought to this island from elsewhere, and those who own them will not part with them easily. That includes our own."

The Skakdi picked up a couple of parrts from the workbanch and began turning them over in his hands. "Your other ideas, though, have some merit. A small crossbow would be sensible to carry with you, but it would be possible to have a composite tool if you so desired. There's an idea I had last week that might be suitable, actually".

He moved over to a draw in one corner of the workshop, and withdrew some rough planns, scribbled out and redrawn many times.

"What we have here is a staff with a lightstone embedded within the shaft, with the other material (which could be any number of things), moulded around it to cover it completely" - he indicated a rough drawing - "except at one end, where it is exposed to a hollow cavity within the staff. Light shining into this cavity is the reflected and focussed through a series of mirrors and lenses to produce a small laser. It's not terribly powerful, but it should scare of most kinds of rahi. This button on the outside" - again he indicated a diagram - "controls a small flap that can sut off the lightstone from the inner focussing chamber, and thus can shut off the laser when it is not needed"

Matan put down the plans, since he wouldn't need them any more. "We could put this mechanism inside your pickaxe. The handle may have to be a little thicker to protect the lenses from breaking when you hit something with it, but it would be effective as both a mining tool and a weapon. You would simply have to flip it around to aim the handle at your target, push the button, and there you have it - a laser. We would, of course, be happy to sell you the crossbow in addition."

OOC: That's my idea, and it doesn't require much by the way of advanced tech, but you might want to run it by a staffie before we go ahead and build it. If it's a no, we can always revert to the crossbow or think up something else.

ppg2.png

OOC: Pretty cool, actually.

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Matan & Natan's workshop):

"Hmm, that sounds like an efficient tool", Kirgan said. "Maybe the laser mechanism should be at the bottom of the handle, instead of the end which I use for mining? You know, to minimize the impact of the lenses. But anyway, that sounds pretty good, I want it. How much would a crossbow cost as an addition?

OOC:PMing staff, I guess.

IC (Matan and Natan): "Yes, that's what I meant" Matan confirmed. "Like I said, the laser would be directed out of the handle end, so that is where we would do the strengthening."

"I'd offer you 150 widgets for the pickaxe and the crossbow both" Natan said. "That's including the lightstone, some protosteel fittings on the pickaxe to protect the mechanism, and a dozen bolts for the crossbow."

ppg2.png