BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Aerus (Echelon's Lair, Ko-Wahi)

You ever been in a labyrinth?

The point of a labyrinth is usually to lose you, prevent you from escaping or finding your destination, leaving you to die. This one's better.

You see, this labyrinth is made of ice, leading deep below the ground. And the question is what will kill you first -- the cold, or the twisting, endless path?

Of course, that is an exaggeration -- the path is not endless, but only to those who know where to go, those people trusted by the shadow which lurks beneath the ice.

Those people like me.

As such, I have worked my way through the maze, the turning passages of ice, watching my distorted reflection in the glacial walls, shivering in the cold as my breath becomes steam before my very eyes but, eventually, reaching my destination: the door.

There's something chilling about that door, beyond its snowy setting. It's tall, and despite its relatively plain surface it's grand. I remember days when only Echelon could open it -- of course, with my importance to his schemes, those days have passed, and a conveniently placed circular panel now resides at its centre, ready for me to press. Which, of course, I do. I once used to flinch slightly as the door opened, the deep rumbling and grating echoing through the icy tunnels as it slid into its frame. I've grown used enough to it now that I barely notice, simply walking through as it grinds to a halt. I make my way through the unremarkable metal corridor, at last reaching the hexagonal atrium, the warmth hitting me immediately, to my great relief. I've grown familiar with the cold for all the times I've been here, but it doesn't mean I have to like it, and something tells me Echelon isn't particularly fond of it either judging by the heatstones lining the smooth metal walls. The language carved into the raised platform at the centre is still beyond me, although I've long since outgrown my curiosity. My mind drifts back for a moment to when I first came here, my confusion and thirst for knowledge, a thirst that has now -- for the most part, at least -- been quenched.

I'm pulled back into the present, though, as Echelon and his heavy arrive. Utu doesn't bother me much -- he's a tool, just as I am, and we both have our uses. I carry intelligence and the ability to move in the outside world, Utu carries strength and power. And even though he's the only one of us with a stone commanding his every move, I know I'm just as much under Echelon's control as he is. Sometimes, I even feel sympathetic toward him.

Sometimes.

What distracts me are the thin tendrils spreading across his body, an unnatural maze of dark veins carved through his armour. It shouldn't be anything more than odd or unusual, but there's something about it that scares me, a creeping feeling that the lines have some life of their own.

"Mail call," I smirk, holding up the latest messages from the web as Echelon notices me.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Tehlin

"Sure," I said, nodding to the Vortixx, and focused my attention on the ground at me feet, holding my hands out slightly. It didn't take much to have a few dried out sticks to materialize. When you grow up here, you tend to forget that not everyone is used to "colder than Karz" temperatures. With that, I telekinetically floated the pile of dried wood over to him, still not moving from my spot on the icy floor.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC- Korzaa

Korzaa nodded. “Ah, yes, the Rahkshi heads.” She wasn’t entirely sure what Matoro wanted her guard to do with the heads when they found them; throw them into the wastes, keep them for research, keep them as trophies…. She had always felt that it was best to be cautious, so she might as well keep them around.

“We are almost there. Just follow me a bit longer.”
Korzaa led Klavier across the edge of the large chasm of Ko-Koro until the two beings reached the wall of one of the villages’ enormous glaciers. Carved into the ice were dozens of shops, homes, and public buildings. Korzaa walked past the entryways, and finally stopped outside one that was mostly hidden behind a very large domed hut. A guard stood stock still by the entryway.
“You may now drop your bag- we’ll take care of it from here.” she said. “If you’ll follow me inside, I will deliver to you your reward and a petition for an audience with Matoro.” Instead of turning towards the room built into the wall, she turned towards the building the were standing behind and walked towards its door.
Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

OOC: Well, clockwork is rather basic, simply watch. One handed. Nuju said they were in relatively common use.

IC: (Junyaus/Ko-Koro Streets/Ko-Koro)

"Aihus, Aihus Jezria," Jun said. "And by the way, my post office box is at 867 Lightstone Street. Sorry I didn't say earlier."

He got up, and carefully put the newspaper in the trashcan.

"If you don't mind, I have to be returning to the forge."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

"So," I replied back, kicking back as best one could on a rock-solid ice-covered floor. The book I set aside, along with the hunting spear slung across my back. Folding my arms across my chest, I continued, "What brings you to this marvelous Wahi that is this Mata-Nui forsaken Ice Land?"

Judging by the height, this guy was probably a Vortixx. I mean, who else would threaten someone with a complex looking apparatus that looked better suited for clubbing someone with.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Marfoir:

"Muaka hunting," Marfoir replied. "Been trying to catch a good one, there's a nice price for their claws on the market, lately; seems people like them more than the horns on Kane-Ra, now. Go figure the blizzard hits me before I can get back to my camp or get a nice big one."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Demas really didn't have time to be trapped inside a glacier. He had places to be, people to see, a legacy to leave behind. So being frozen solid was, well, really inconvenient. Fortunately for his schedule, though - and probably for his life, too - the Ko-Toa had made a mistake. Well, not so much a mistake as an oversight - while he could travel through this frozen world without feeling the cold, Demas could not. Demas had to find other ways of keeping warm. Ways, for example, like heatstones.How long it took for the amber rock to melt through the ice around him Demas had no idea. Minutes? Hours? Days? And that was just enough to allow him a miniscule range of motion.Fortunately, though, that was all he needed. With extreme effort, he managed to wrap his fingers around the heatstone's metallic container and shove it into the wall of ice until it had melted a niche just large enough for it to rest in. Slowly, the canister inched forward, magnetic force pushing it on. Within a few minutes a narrow tunnel had formed, and Demas' body heat had melted a bit more of the ice surrounding him. With a thought, he closed the heatstone container and pulled it back to him.Reaching up, he dropped two small pouches in the opening and then replaced the canister, pushing it forward again until it had reached the end of the tunnel. With a faint click, the heatstone opened.Demas collapsed in exhaustion as the photothermic powder exploded, leaving behind a cave full of shattered ice and a ringing in his ears that wouldn't be going away any time soon.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

"You're a hunter."

It wasn't so much a question as a statement. It wasn't the first time I'd run into another one out in the Drifts, but it was the first time it'd been a Vortixx. Fascinating. "I've been tracking a pack for a few days now, would have run into them today if it wasn't for the blizzard," I commented, unsheathing a knife before using it to whittle down a small piece of wood I produced with my elemental power. "If you'd like, we can pick up the trail together, split it fifty-fifty."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu nodded slowly as she looked at the matoran

"Well good luck with that. And i will certainly be keeping an ear out for any news."

He looked towards the various streets of the village and seemed to debate on what he should do.

Perhaps i should head to Onu-koro for a bit. Or maybe even Po-koro. Been forever and a day since i was there

OOC: Tivanu open for interaction

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC (Echelon)

Echelon took the proffered messages from Aerus silently, opening the letters one by one, his keen eyes scanning the text of each carefully. The nonsensical jumble of letters and numbers might seem like gibberish to the ignorant; not so to Echelon, and the Dark Toa's mind translated it into the information it concealed.

Once the final letter had been read, he turned his attention to Aerus.

"Good," he said succinctly. "Things are proceeding as planned. You have done well....Aerus."

He handed the small collection of papers back to the Matoran.

"Take them to my study and file them," he instructed. "Then meet me back here. Tonight, we convene with the others."

As Aerus made his way to the Necromancer's study, Echelon took a different door, following the metal passage until it reached a room. It was long, stretching significantly further than most of the complex's rooms. What distinguished it was firstly, that it was much colder than the heated rooms elsewhere. Secondly, the row upon row of coffin-like capsules. Their frames were of metal but they were covered in ice and frost - and within each one there was a body.

Echelon walked along the row of preserved corpses as though it were a weapon-rack. As he passed one body (that of a green-and-black Le-Toa), he paused and smiled thinly, before continuing. Eventually he settled for a pair of Matoran. Small, but quick and agile - the perfect complement to Utu's brute strength and sheer speed. The Necromancer wasn't expecting trouble, but it was always worth taking precautions.

As the Dark Toa activated his Tryna, the dead Matoran's eyes opened and they wordlessly climbed out of the metal banks, and followed Echelon towards the door. Passing a weapon rack, Echelon armed them with a wave of his magnetic powers, four vicious knives floating into their outstretched palms.

Returning to the atrium, Echelon found Aerus waiting. He beckoned for the Matoran to follow, and the Necromancer and his entourage stepped into the long passageway that led to the great metal door, which slid open with a wave of his hand.

The twists and turns of the glacial maze held a beauty that even Echelon acknowledged; the grace of their rippling curves, the light blue they seemed to glow as the sunshine from high above filtered through them, the peaceful air that was only disturbed by the trickling of water and the occasional creak as the ice shifted.

"You remember the old cave in Po-Wahi, I'm sure," he said, speaking to the only being present capable of answering him.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC-Marfoir:

Marfoir nodded, before snatching his hand out, catching a wood shaving that had caught an updraft from the fire, floating over towards him. After a moment of silent contemplation, he tossed it into the fire, where it rather quickly burnt to ash.

"So. What were you reading?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I glanced down at the book. Right, I had been reading. Funny, thinking about significant events in my life didn't really leave much room for reading. My gaze focused on the cover of the book, which was upsidedown from where I was.

"An Encyclopedic Compilation of the Flora of Mata Nui," I said, reading the cover.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I grinned. "You'd be amazed at what a picture can do for the mind," I said, flipping the piece of wood around in my fingers, "It's one thing to read about it, and it's completely different see it. Besides, it's a whole lot easer to create when I know what it looks like."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Aerus (Echelon's Lair, Ko-Wahi)

I nod as Echelon gives me my orders, glancing down at the paper. The characters which create it make no sense to me, but I don't mind -- were I to attempt to decipher it, Echelon would catch me rather soon, and that would be me out. Whether or not I like him, there are certain... benefits... to his presence. I turn promptly, heading toward the door opening into the corridor that leads to Echelon's study. The monolothic slab of metal slides out of the way, and I begin walking down the hallway, reaching Echelon's study soon enough.

The room has changed a lot since I first came here; some details remain the same, like the semicircular metal desk at its centre, decorated by attractive quills and pens, and the bookshelves lining the walls. The amount of bookshelves, though, has increased, the walls barely visible behind the towering wooden structures, extensive pillars of knowledge. The glass cabinets, too, have had some additions -- the one containing Tamaru's mask stands as before, the lime green Rau gazing expressionlessly into its surroundings. I give it a solemn nod as I stand before it -- Tamaru was a Matoran, powerless against Echelon. He had no way to prevent what was coming; Makuta's will was final. Another familiar sight is a stone tablet, covered in odd runes. I take a moment to examine it, drawn by the images. I've wondered for quite a while the exact meaning behind them, and the fact that one of them is the same as the tattoo from which the tendrils covering Utu's body extend has only made it all more intriguing. The most interesting, though, are the more recent additions, my personal favourite being a severed hand. Its presence is rather disconcerting, but it makes an excellent trophy. Who it's from, I don't actually know, but I can't help but wonder how they'd feel about knowing their limb was on display among Echelon's bookcases, earning a small chuckle.

None of these, though, are actually of my concern. I walk to a filing cabinet at the back of the room, storing the individual letters based on their deliverers, before walking back the way I came. I feel the eyes of Tamaru's mask glaring at me as I pass, causing a stab of guilt. Echelon killed a helpless, innocent Matoran, and here I am helping him in his struggle for power over Mata Nui, shaming Tamaru's memory. It passes quickly. It served Tamaru rightly; he wasn't careful enough.

Seconds after I reach the atrium, Echelon arrives, two Matoran in tow. Obviously from the freezer room. Just thinking about it gives me chills. It's downright disturbing, and yet very efficient and perfectly suited to Echelon's mask. I wonder for a moment if these are the same two Matoran Echelon had just killed when he first met me, feeling almost ashamed at the realisation that I can't even remember what they looked like. I do, of course, remember the freezer room; the blank walls, the cold air, capsule after capsule of corpses, one after the other, a twisted cross between an armoury and a morgue. Echelon gestures, expecting me to follow him, just as I do. As we walk through the labyrinth, I can't help but admire the alien beauty of it, the rippling walls, the eerie blue glow that they have in the sunlight, frozen and majestic.

"You remember the old cave in Po-Wahi, I'm sure," Echelon announces, not even turning to look at me. Of course, why would he have to? The only others present are Utu and the Matoran -- two are dead and the other may as well be.

"Of course," I reply, thinking back to it. Oh, yes, I remember it well; it's not often that an ally questions aloud whether or not to eat you. "I assume that's where we're headed, then." A statement, not a question -- the answer is obvious and Echelon has no time for stupidity.

Edited by Indecisive Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Alak)

"Naturally."

Alak seated himself, ordering a small glass of crystal water (a popular Ko-Koro drink consisting of crushed ice and a little lemon juice).

"So, how are things in Po these days?" Despite the Matoran's accent, his tone was informal and friendly. "And what brings you to the Village of Ice? You do not have the...air of a trader about you, so I assume you come on some other business."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Sernon:

"Indeed not." said the Toa, as Yaake returned with a tankard of something that smelled like acid. "My friend here is the leader of the trade caravan. I myself am a poet by trade, though I am currently handling Po-Koro's diplomatic relations with Akiri Matoro."

"And you?" butted in Yaake, nodding curtly. "What's your trade?"

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

IC: (Junyaus/Ko-Koro)

Jun slipped out of Ko-Koro, and began to make the journey to Po-Koro.

OOC: Junyaus to Po-Wahi

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Tivanu made his way to the tavern of Ko-koro.

He was quite surprised when he saw 3 beings sitting at the bar and instead of heading there he walked over to an empty table and sat down. His body caused the chair to creak. With a flurry of wings Kive-phu flies to one of rafters and rests there, Her eyes watching the whole tavern

OOC: Tivanu open for interaction

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC (Alak)

Alak smiled. It was not a particularly warm smile, but in Ko-Koro, few were.

"Trade is my trade, and business is my business. I started out in raw materials, natural resources, that sort of thing. But the last few months have been kind to me. I've branched out."

The Matoran quickly switched back to asking questions, much like a skilled warrior avoids going on the defensive.

"And so, you are a diplomat...interesting...if you'll pardon me for being so forthright, many people would say that Akiri Hewkii's recent actions have not exactly been in the spirit of trust and unity. I assume you're here to remedy that."

Edited by Ghosthands

IC Sernon:

Sernon shrugged. "Would they? I'll be honest - inter-Koro politics are of little interest to me. Frankly, I find this bickering childish and tiring. I suppose I was chosen for my skill with words rather than any master of the art of diplomacy. Excuse me, I'll grab a drink."

Sernon rose and headed to the bar. Yaake leaned forwards, glaring, and spoke in a harsh whisper.

"My friend here probably doesn't give a karz, but I heard what you said there. Or more specifically, what you didn't. Branched out into what, exactly?"

OOC: Vox, feel free to have Tivanu chat to Sernon.

Edited by Tahakki
[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

Tivanu heard what was said and made a shrill whistle and as such Kive-phu, The female lava hawk, flew down onto Tivanu's right shoulder and sat there.

Tivanu looked down at the fancy gold watch that he now wore on his left wrist. Even though it was his now it along with the silver ring he wore on his right index finger, to him it was a constant reminder of the job he has taken. With a quick movement he walked over to the bar and placed his hands on the counter. He looked the bartender directly in the eyes when he spoke

"Hey barkeep, How about a thing of bula juice. Fermented, No ice."

And with that the barkeep prepared the drink and handed it to Tivanu and in turn tivanu handed the barkeep 5 widgets

"Thanks."

He proceeded to sit down which caused the bar stool to creak loudly given the simple fact he was larger than the average Skakdi. He looked over at the Toa of stone next to him and offered him a brief look

"Hey there."

OOC: That would be you Sernon and also tivanu's current widget amount is 295 widgets

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Helios and NPC (Ko-Koro, The Sanctum)

After his tour around the Koro had been finished, Helios had decided to do what he came here for, get in touch with the Koro's leadership tp see if he could do anything to help. As he approached The Sanctum, a pair of guards blocked his way.

"State your name and business, Toa" one of them demanded.

"I just wanted to relay a simple offer to Akiri Matoro. If he doesn't have time for me, I totally understand, but maybe he has a secretary or something like that?"

Ic: "The Akiri has just concluded a meeting," one of the guards said rigidly. "His advisers have not come out; he is likely consulting with them and will not be available for some time. Jaa the scribe, however, should be available for you to meet with him. His office is marked 'Clerical' in the right hall." Unlatching the door to the outer sanctum the guard waved for Helios to enter.

Ooc: Hiemalis post coming soon.

IC: Utu Kotore - Ko-Wahi - Echelon's LairIf I could I might've rolled my eyes. At least in Ko-Wahi I didn't have to worry about passing out from some mixture of dehydration, heat stroke, and boredom.Count another day that Echelon hasn't spilled all my blood onto the floor. I should consider myself lucky. At this rate, he should've killed me a long time ago. I am effectively useless to the man in this condition. At least when we compare now to what I used to be. Or maybe luck isn't the best word to use. I didn't want to be here any more than I wanted to be in Po-Koro. I was in a mobile cage that was slowly shrinking. It isn't ideal for a man of my size or stature. I was a free-spirit; man. Honestly, sometimes when Echelon would put me under I would pray silently that I wouldn't wake up.

Whatever.At least we'd be doing something. And it wasn't like I got to vote for a place to head to. I might've been bigger than everybody else but democracy wouldn't let my vote be worth anymore than it already was.Democracy is flawed; man.In my world we decided what to do by whether or not you were willing to get shanked to change the point of view of the murderous butt-hole that invaded your home and stole all your money.I liked that system.##### got done.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Helios and NPC (Ko-Koro, The Sanctum)

After his tour around the Koro had been finished, Helios had decided to do what he came here for, get in touch with the Koro's leadership tp see if he could do anything to help. As he approached The Sanctum, a pair of guards blocked his way.

"State your name and business, Toa" one of them demanded.

"I just wanted to relay a simple offer to Akiri Matoro. If he doesn't have time for me, I totally understand, but maybe he has a secretary or something like that?"

Ic: "The Akiri has just concluded a meeting," one of the guards said rigidly. "His advisers have not come out; he is likely consulting with them and will not be available for some time. Jaa the scribe, however, should be available for you to meet with him. His office is marked 'Clerical' in the right hall." Unlatching the door to the outer sanctum the guard waved for Helios to enter.

Ooc: Hiemalis post coming soon.

IC: Helios (The Sanctum)

"Thanks" Helios responded and stepped into the building, taking a quick sweep of the interior.

It was nothing short of magnificent: massive walls of ice rising up around him, lightstoned embedded in the walls reflecting their light off of them with dazzling effects. He swore he could see the fabled wall of prophecies that Turaga Nuju had contemplated at so often. A large carving of Kopaka's Akaku hang in the wall to the far back, but now with a smaller carving of Nuju's Matatu embedded under it, as a dedication to two different kinds of heroes, both with their great triumphs, and crushing defeats.

Helios finally found the office entitled Clerical, and went inside.

"Uh, hi" he said to the Ko-Matoran hunched over a desk "you're Jaa, are you?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC- Korzaa

Korzaa nodded. “Ah, yes, the Rahkshi heads.” She wasn’t entirely sure what Matoro wanted her guard to do with the heads when they found them; throw them into the wastes, keep them for research, keep them as trophies…. She had always felt that it was best to be cautious, so she might as well keep them around.

“We are almost there. Just follow me a bit longer.”
Korzaa led Klavier across the edge of the large chasm of Ko-Koro until the two beings reached the wall of one of the villages’ enormous glaciers. Carved into the ice were dozens of shops, homes, and public buildings. Korzaa walked past the entryways, and finally stopped outside one that was mostly hidden behind a very large domed hut. A guard stood stock still by the entryway.
“You may now drop your bag- we’ll take care of it from here.” she said. “If you’ll follow me inside, I will deliver to you your reward and a petition for an audience with Matoro.” Instead of turning towards the room built into the wall, she turned towards the building the were standing behind and walked towards its door.

IC:

[Klavier]

Klavier smiled. "Of course, of course." He dropped the bag, the soft thump of the snow mingling with the soft sound of mutilated flesh.

Today was one of the days when Klavier wished he could see. He could feel the wondrous architecture, the way the buildings were embedded into the glacier, like flowers from a meadow, he could smell the people bustling about quietly and he could hear the sounds of the ice creaking, the snow melting, the ground groaning. But alas, alas, he could not see! His vision failed him! Only prophecy visited him, but there was no desire there. Those were phantoms of past and future and what he wanted, more than anything, was to see the now!

None of this came close to registering on Klavier's face. Instead, he remained neutral and aloof, his cloak billowing about and his sword a constant presence on his back. The captain led him to the door. He bowed. "I will follow you, of course. Lead the way."

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles