BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

That which is good can never comprehend true evil.

The depths of depravity the mind is capable of conjuring, the sheer violence that can be unleashed upon one another. By their very nature, paragons of virtue cannot understand. They walk the path of light, never to stray into the shadows. But how can they know that which they have never seen? To catch a killer, one must understand a killer. One must be able to see what the killer saw, to feel how the killer felt, to view the world how they would have viewed it. To catch a killer, one must adopt the viewpoint of a killer. No guard, no detective, no fighter will ever remain untainted, because that is how they improve; by understanding. With every successive event, they understand a little more.

Two beings had fled to Ko-Koro. The Vortixx knew that even before he arrived. Ko-Koro was the closest village they could reach before the word spread, before every village was on the lookout for them. It was also the only one that the Turaga, weakened as she was, would have risked fleeing to; it was the village with the least aggressive police force. Few people would trouble her, and given her past history of assaults, that was something required for her haven. But most importantly, it was the last place standard guard forces would look. The two were used to temperate climates, no one in their right minds would flee to such a cold place. But it was where they had gone, and it was where even now they were working to escape.

How did he know this? It was his job.

He watched unnoticed as the first wave of attackers were forced to retreat. One of them, Viima, the one who had been persuaded to attack Hahli, was easily identifiable by his reaction. His behavior would only be present in someone for whom it was personal. The other was even easier to identify. Khervos, one of the island's... Esteemed detectives. His bearing was unmistakable. It was the walk of one who believed he was right, little realizing the folly of his own plans.

But no matter. The subjects were escaping.

A grey form peeled away, moving down the street. They seek to evade detection. Their pursuers have not yet noted them, they were too far to the front. They will take back roads, as no doubt the Sanctum Guards have been informed. Alleys, back roads, little used passages. The Turaga cannot move quickly. So they will take the quickest, but also the least noticeable, path to the gate. Which is... Here.

Surina, Tivanu, and Celite were forced to stop short, as a tall figure stepped into their path.

"Celite and Surina of Ga-Koro, I presume?"OOC: Pardon, gents, but I have to leave for a time. Getting a haircut. I will return shortly, and I ask that you leave me some time for response when I return, mm?

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Alright... but who is this guy? :P

IC Surina

(Ko-Koro):

A Skakdi came after Surina, Celite and Tivanu, asking what they had been accused for.

"Friend of yours?" Surina asked Tivanu, but it was clear the Skakdi did not know each other. Still, the presence of another Skakdi made Surina's heart sore. If this one was as malevolent as Tivanu, the two could work together to use elemental powers. A huge advantage.

"If you join us, we'll explain", Surina said and started, giving the Skakdi an opportunity to follow. However, before more words could be shared, a shady figure looking like a Vortixx appeared in their way.

"Celite and Surina of Ga-Koro, I presume?"

Surina panicked. This one might or might not be on their side. If he was after them, things would get really bad. Then again, there were TWO Skakdi on her and Celite's side now, assuming the new one had followed.

"Who is asking?" Surina asked wearily.

OOC: The two latest posts contradicted a little so I tried to match them this way.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Khervos (Ko-Koro)

The chase didn't last long, but sticking to the shadows and whatnot wasn't exactly an easy task, so I wasn't going to complain when they were stopped by a stranger.

"Celite and Surina of Ga-Koro, I presume?"

Right now, looking wasn't important, as such I hid close to the entrance to the alleyway, focusing on listening rather than looking.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Hm. This could go either way. Why am I now expecting to spend the rest of this character's life in jail? :PIC: CeliteCelite came to an abrupt stop in front of the other two when the figure stepped in front of her group. Her eyes widened when their identities were presumed correctly. Before responding, she let out a stuggled grunt."Grah...Even with our 'party' this is a bad situation..." She said to nobody in particular. Right now she did not wish to confirm nor deny who they were. Besides, what difference would it make? There were probably very few if any other Turaga of Lightning that had Celite's distinctive build, never mind others that would possibly be travelling with a Ga-Matoran wearing a Miru. Celite raised her staff above the ground and held it in both hands in a offensive pose, despite the fact that she clearly knew nothing would come of such a foolish attack.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

IC:"That answered my question. If you were not they, you would have denied the question."A single click was the only signal that he had drawn his weapon. "You fit the standard master/servant psychology remarkably well. The Matoran answered first: indicating the dominant personality. The Skakdi is no doubt your hired muscle.""Surrender."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC Sernon:

The Toa of Stone eyed the Matoran.

Clearly, news of technological development spreads more slowly than I'd thought. he mused. That, or Matoro is testing me. Either way...

"It's a new technology, Akiri. Similar to how the sound from your microphone array on the walls reaches you, but without wires and over a huge distance. For example, you could speak into a microphone here, and someone at the other end of the island - Akiri Kongu, for instance - would hear you immediately, as long as he had a similar system. I have no idea how it works, regrettably, I am simply a poet. However, I believe one of the Matoran in the trading caravan is an engineer, who could give you a far better explanation than I can."

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

"Surrender"

"And ally?"

Quriosity got the better of me, and I peeked into the alleyway to see the little crew I'd been chasing stand face-to-face with a Vortixx, who'd drawn his weapon. Not that I was complaining.

I retreated to behind the corner and loaded another disk into my launcher, the stranger wasn't going to face the underground scum alone

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Celite

This is bad, VERY bad."We shall not surrender to the likes of you!" the now-slightly unbalanced Turaga shouted.to their adversary. She had no intention of spending the rest of her life in a cell if she could help it. She had no chance in combat, and Surina was now unarmed. Tivanu was their only chance, and even then it was slim. "Let us pass and we shall have no reason to harm you or anyone else." Her threat was completely empty, naturally. What could she use as leverage? nothing at all. The situation was becoming utterly hopeless, and Celite began to feel her knees shaking as fear began to course through her normally-composed body.

IC Surina

(Ko-Koro):

Do it, you two, Surina thought, referring to the two Skakdi. Incapacitate this guy or we're doomed.

"Look, I know you want to catch us", Surina made an attempt to distract the Vortixx, hoping the Skakdi would use the moment to attack. "But you know, we could make a deal. I've got quite a bit of money with me. Let us leave this village and it's all yours."

IC Surina

(Ko-Koro):

Surina could feel the impact of a disk on the back of her head even as she fell to the ground.

"When do I learn not to speak conspiracies with a Turaga...", she muttered.

OOC: You have a good point Geardirector, so I edited this post. It did seem a bit unrealistic...

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC: I dunno, I'm kinda iffy on this one. There was no indication whatsoever that Surina knew or suspected Khervos was there, her attention was entirely on the Vortixx before her, and the bamboo disk should move faster than you make it out too. I don't see this as realistically possible

I heard a thud, and the sound of the bamboo disk cluttering to the ground, I looked in to see whether or not I'd hit my target,

OOC: Simple post to avoid confusion.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ic: The akiri listened to the ambassador's description intently and at first seemed very interested with a shine in his eyes -- information could be relayed over great distances, valuable information to spread knowledge. But then Ambages quietly stepped up to the throne and spoke into Matoro's ear.

"I do have some knowledge of this device," he said hushedly. It was natural; the architect would understand such things. "Po-Koro has a station. It's weak and unreliable and barely covers the wahi. That is over a flat and level desert. I fear that a broadcasting signal from us would be lost in the many alps around us. This is no a wise venture and almost frivolous."

"What do you suggest?" Matoro asked.

"Tell this ambassador that we will research the matter and would like an audience with their engineer to ensure I am not mistaken on any count. In the meantime his convoy is welcome to remain in the village."

Matoro nodded and his adviser stepped away. "Sernon, while I appreciate your offer from Akiri Hewkii I have elected to debate the matter through tomorrow. I would like to meet your engineer later today. In the meantime, you and your convoy are welcome to remain in the city.

"Is there any further business to be had?" he asked the audience at large.

IC: CeliteSeeing her co-conspiritor fall to the ground, sparks began to crackle from the Turaga's body as she became filled with various negative emotions, They weren't powerful enough to do much harm at all - in fact with her power going haywire across her body, Celite's diminished elemental powers would easily become almost powerless besides causing shocks weaker than those she'd used on Matoran previously. Nonetheless, it was not a good sign for her health that this would happen. So much stress, She was starting to lose rational thought, wanting to do whatever she could to survive, and yet at the same time she suffered far too many disadvantages at this point.

Then again...If I am captured I do know one option...Even while distressed, Celite could not help but smirk somewhere beneath her emotionally baffled face. She at least had a backup plan.

IC:The Voetixx didn't bother with another warning. No sooner had Celite finished speaking, a loud bang heralded the flight of a bullet toward the Turaga's left leg.A pivot and a click sent a bullet flying toward the same on Tivanu.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Celite

Everything went white.The poor Turaga had not experienced a gunshot wound before, and the pain of it was intense, despite only being in the leg. It had managed to pierce the organic matter and left her reeling in the moments before she too collapsed to the ground as a result of the emotional overload effectively short-circuiting her, her eyes dimming as she fell into a painful slumber. With her body now limp, the electricity in her flowed out and became grounded, leaving an effectively powerless ragdoll on the ground. Her trident-like staff also fell from her hand as her grips loosened, and Turaga Celite was now completely and utterly unable to run from her actions any more.OOC: This'll end it for the night, that way I can wake up in interrogation or something.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

OOC: I take one hour to study for exams and almost miss everything? Edit: Post edited for clarity. Edit in bold.

IC: Keldor

As soon as Keldor saw the unprovoked Vortixx shoot the frail Turaga, he knew who to side with. He fired a high velocity and high speed lightstone from his own gun. From this distance, assuming the Vortixx had armor, a shot to the chest wouldn't bleed, but it'd leave a big bruise. After doing that, he also shot a beam of laser vision at Khervos. Keldor looked over at the other Skakdi. "Shall we give them a taste of our elemental powers?" whispered Keldor as he prepared to channel his plasma through his axe.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

OOC: I know the feeling, man

IC Surina

(Ko-Koro):

Surina was seriously hurting and the sight of Celite falling did not make her feel any better. She lay on the ground, stunned, but could hear the Skakdi resisting. That, she knew, was the only hope of them all.

OOC: I take one hour to study for exams and almost miss everything?

As soon as Keldor saw the unprovoked Vortixx shoot the frail Turaga, he knew who to side with. He fired a high velocity and high speed lightstone from his own gun. From this distance, assuming the Vortixx had armor, a shot to the chest wouldn't bleed, but it'd leave a big bruise. He also shot a beam of laser vision at Khervos. Keldor looked over at the other Skakdi. "Shall we give them a taste of our elemental powers?" whispered Keldor as he prepared to channel his plasma through his axe.

OOC: I'm kinda confused as to how Keldor can look in one direction and shoot in another, it won't be good for the aim, that's for sure.

I darted behind the corner again, as twin beams of searing light shot past. Rendering the immediate air around them incredibly hot to the touch.

"This is going to take bit of thinking" I assessed.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Teuijn. Snow drifts - Ko-Koro

Teuijn walked towards the village, the cold biting into him per normal.

is cold

"Of course it's cold. we're in the middle of mountains" he said. a few matoran gave him weird looks, but he ignored them. there seemed to be a congregation in the village.

Edited by Strack

Previously known as Aiwendil.

IC: Tayis

The sun was getting low in the sky, but more importantly the snow was starting to grow heavy. Putting his hood back up for some shelter, Tayis began to walk back to the tunnel he had come by, but after an hours walking, he realised why the drifts had such a reputation for people getting lost.

He struggled through the snow, the light in the sky begining to receed, when he spotted the silhouette of a figure, sitting alone in the drifts with their head in their hands. As he got closer, the outline of a minor abandoned campsite came into view.

"Are you alright?" Tayis shouted over the wind.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC: Zieta

Zieta heard a voice which she couldnt quite place. What she expected to come out as an incontrol shout came out nothing more than a sorry whimper, lost in the blizzard. "Yes... I'm fine"

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC: Tayis

He didn't quite make out the reply, muffled as it was by the wind, and he walked even closer to the figure. He was only a couple of bio away, the wind whipping his cloak about his ankles, when he recognised the Toa of Lightning before him.

Lowering his hood, he exclaimed "Zieta!"

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

OOC: Unprovoked? You do realize that the Turaga threatened him right in front of Keldor, right? :P

IC:

Keldor's shot, however, missed by a mile. When the stone rocketed through the air, its target was no longer where he used to be. The time taken to raise the weapon and fire had been more than enough time for him to move away, the shot flying far to his right. Projectile launcher. Lightstone ammunition. Size prevents it from being a truly effective projectile at this range. Rifle. Not suited for close quarters combat. Laser vision, avoid direct gaze.

Having already drawn his weapon, Keldor had no warning before a bang filled the alley, bullet lancing towards his right leg. The Vortixx's walking aid shot up, pole knocking aside the barrel of his rifle. It would take time to bring it back to bear, time that could easily be used to dodge. Vos' eyes, though primarily focused on Keldor, watched Tivanu warily.

"I should inform you. I have a warrant for the arrest of these individuals, and they were given the chance to surrender. You are acting against the law."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Wait how is tivanu acting against the law when he has done nothing as of yet

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu sighed. He knew he could possibly fight this vortixx. He also knew he was the strongest involved in this skirmish. a Vortixx had no powers... That he was aware of. The matoran, Khervos, Had that flimsy disk launcher and was not much of a risk. He checked above, Kive-phu was flying overhead surveying. He sighed again as he seemed to consider his possibilitys. When he heard the bullet he had had inches to dodge it. And he had. He grabbed his staff and with a friendly gesture he tapped Surina and Celite on the backs with it making it seem like he was doing a friendly 'stay calm' gesture but infact he was using his staffs power to send bolts of gravity into them that would affect their gravity making them float above the ground for 2 minutes. it was only about a foot off the ground but still effective.

With calm posture and words he looked at the Vortixx directly

"I am not standing in the way of the law. I have a contract with these two. 300 widgets for my protection. At time of the agreement i had no prior knowledge they were wanted criminals. As such i have been misled. But know now that i am willing to switch the side i fight with very quickly if you are willing to pay off the contract they have. Now if you agree to pay off it i would be willing to fight with you against these two since they are not a very threatening bunch. Currently you have about a minute to decide before the gravity wears off. I think 400 widgets would be fair for it would then neutralize my legal contract with them."

OOC: Logic Why would Celite and Surina resist Tivanu when he fought for them. Simple abuse of trust. I could also see this going good or bad

Also sorry for having to run off. Sleep is more important

Edited by Vox The Shadow of Reality

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: If I can miss, you can too.

The bullet grazed Keldor's leg armor, tearing a chunk out of it, but fortunately, not reaching the skin. "Whose law? Akiri Hahli's?" he asked. He then whispered to Tivanu. "Either you're a good distractor, or a worthless weasel. If you are a weasel, I'll pay you 500 in addition to their 300 if you'll combine powers with me and cream this guy."

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

OOC:Kapura, there is a very large difference between what I did, and what you did. A lighstone is a large projectile, which automatically slows it. Second, he was not stated to have drawn his rifle before, which means that he had to draw it and aim before he could fire. All in all, that leaves time for a dodge. In contrast, a bullet is a very fast moving projectile, which was already drawn and would only take a moment to aim. I will let it slide this one time, but pay more attention to all factors.

IC:"I do not care about what contract you have. I am informing you that you are against village law by siding with them. And even if you discount Ga-Koro, you have violated Ko-Koro law with your actions in the inn.""You may choose to either stand down, and negotiate your contract and maybe not go to jail, or continue, lose, and proceed to jail."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Μαρφοιρ:

Upon a nearby moutainside to Ko-Koro's glacier stood a single being. He had a white blanket pulled over himself, protection and camouflage both; and through a small scope he could see a small battle taking place within the streets of Ko-Koro. Two skakdi, one Matoran, and a Turaga, fighting a Vortixx.

It's been a while.

The being upon the mountainside slowly pulled out a small, black, box-like object, wrapped in white tape and cloth, inserting it into the similarly bedecked item held in his hands, never taking his eyes off the scope. As he stood, memories went through his mind; a battle in Xa-Koro, mainly, though a few others came back, parts of his past.

But now I will fight again.

The being pulled back the bolt on his rifle, loading a specially designed protosteel bullet. Optimized for speed, accuracy, and aerodynamics, it would, invariably, fly true to strike its target. Looking through the scope, the being began to think again, continuing his internal monologue.

What am I? I am a hunter. I am like a bird of prey; a falcon? No, too showy. I am more like an owl; swift, silent and deadly all in one, my prey never knowing I'm there until it is too late.

I am like the panther, or the tiger; stalking quietly through the underbrush, to pounce at the perfect moment.

I am the predator.

The Vortixx with his rifle drew a bead on one of the combatants, a Skakdi; after a moment he calmed his breathing.

And he fired; a supersonic round, drawn through his rifle's magnetically-powered barrel, to strike the target, center mass, about two hundred metres away in approximately 0.57 seconds.

And Marfoir was already loading his second round.

OOC: That was Keldor he shot at. Good luck.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu grinned softly as he heard this

"Well i gave you a chance. You can not say i didn't. And to think we could have arrested right here since the two are disabled."

And like that the gravity wore off and Surina and Celite dropped to the ground. He looked at the other skadki and nodded

"I am not a weasel but a mercenary. I take jobs that pay. I am neither good or evil. I am just here"

He looked at the Vortixx again and grinned a wicked grin

"I will turn these two in in exchange for some form of leniency. How does that sound Vortixx?"

Tivanu made no threatening motions and just stood there off from the group

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: Is this because Keldor's being more violent or is it revenge for me unintentionally being OP with Strak, which I apoligized for? And anyways, a whole half second to dodge? Easy. :P

By sheer luck, the bullet hit Keldor's axe, leaving a rather large hole. It then continued to head towards him, albeit at a lower velocity. Going through the axe, combined with Keldor's armor saved his life. The bullet didn't go very deep. Keldor was able to pull out the bullet from a tiny portion sticking out of him. It hurt, but he ignored the pain. He turned to the Vortixx, "If you serve Mata Nui, I have no quarrel with you." At least until my "buddy" picks a side. With that, he walked away, took cover and started looking through his own scope to find the sniper who had shot him, but still listening to the battle and ready to help Tivanu use his element at a moment's notice.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

IC:"Works for me." The Vortixx said to Tivanu, pulling a pair of handcuffs out of his bag, and moving toward the fallen Turaga. He did not, however, holster his weapon. He didn't trust the mercenary that far. With his foot, he pushed off her mask, robbing her of what little elemental power she would have maintained. When she woke up, she would be too weak to resist.

He didn't bother looking for the sniper. From what he'd seen, they were after the same thing. If Tivanu moved, he had a feeling that the unknown ally would move first.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Just...check your PMs, Kap.

IC-Μαρφοιρ:

Once he had loaded the second bullet into his rifle, Marfoir had quickly moved to a different spot along the mountainside, carefully - but quickly - clearing any tracks he made. Now he was lying on the edge of a cliff, or a rock outcropping, covered in snow; his blanket draped over him and his rifle, his rifle covered in white cloth and tape, made him virtually invisible.

And by now, he had drawn a bead on the second Skakdi. He'd watched this one quickly converse with the other Vortixx, and was now giving his far-off ally-by-chance some cover; if the Skakdi had noticed his friend getting shot, he'd be wary to be on his best behaviour.

And if he attacked, he would be dead before he could give the other Vortixx anything more than a papercut.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now