BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

Ic: "I see, I see..." Jaa said, nodding slightly as he looked away. "Well, actually, there is something you can do for us right now. If... you're interested?"

IC: Helios (Jaa's Office)

"Well, I don't have anything better to do" Helios reasoned "lay it on me"

Ic:

"Great," Jaa said timidly but enthusiastic about having a helper. "Wait one second." He excused himself and stepped out a narrow doorway into an adjoining records room, then returned with a scroll which he expanded on his desk. It was a schematic chart outlining a specific cave system under Ko-Koro, though it was partially unfinished.

Jaa explained that before discussing the mission itself, "Ko-Koro is considering beginning a mining operation in the foundations of our glacier, but because of the current progresses above ground we have not been able to use much resources for furthering subterranean exploits. As a result, the map is incomplete because the one team we sent down this shaft was too small and had to contend with some... rahi, probably. They didn't get a good look at them in the dark. I hope a toa hero like yourself would be able to finish the work they started.

"I ask you to take this chart and finish mapping the cave, as well as deal with whatever is down there. Take this note to Kokkan and he will furnish you the supplies you need. And when you return I will have a suitable reward for your efforts," Jaa assured Helios. "Would you please undertake this mission?"

OOC: Sorry this took so long.IC(Ignitus):I look up to the sky and see a trio of Gukko Birds like the ones we arrived on flying overhead, landing not far from here. Still, it would be a pain to find them in this snowstorm so late at night. I decide to go alone, using fire to light my way. Eventually, I come to three Toa dismounting from the Gukko."What's your business here?" I ask, pointing my flaming sword at them. :a: :k: :i:

OOC:Mild correction-One Kadin flyer, two Toa riding on one Gukko.

IC:"Woah, woah, woah, watch the fire. Don't want to heat things up around here.",The green Toa chuckled. "As for the reason, I'd be interested in signing up for that Red Star expedition that was featured in the Mata Nui Daily. Or, rather, we'd be interested. Any clue where to find the people you need to talk to?"

IC(Ignitus):Glaring at the newcomers with suspicion, I say, "You're talking to one of 'em. But why should I let any of you in? What can you offer the crew?":A::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Ic: "I see, I see..." Jaa said, nodding slightly as he looked away. "Well, actually, there is something you can do for us right now. If... you're interested?"

"Well, I don't have anything better to do" Helios reasoned "lay it on me"

Ic:

"Great," Jaa said timidly but enthusiastic about having a helper. "Wait one second." He excused himself and stepped out a narrow doorway into an adjoining records room, then returned with a scroll which he expanded on his desk. It was a schematic chart outlining a specific cave system under Ko-Koro, though it was partially unfinished.

Jaa explained that before discussing the mission itself, "Ko-Koro is considering beginning a mining operation in the foundations of our glacier, but because of the current progresses above ground we have not been able to use much resources for furthering subterranean exploits. As a result, the map is incomplete because the one team we sent down this shaft was too small and had to contend with some... rahi, probably. They didn't get a good look at them in the dark. I hope a toa hero like yourself would be able to finish the work they started.

"I ask you to take this chart and finish mapping the cave, as well as deal with whatever is down there. Take this note to Kokkan and he will furnish you the supplies you need. And when you return I will have a suitable reward for your efforts," Jaa assured Helios. "Would you please undertake this mission?"

""Anything to help", that's me in a nutshell" Helios replied as he studied the terrain that was properly mapped. "So... yes, the answer is yes"

Helios wasn't a mapmaker himself, but his experience as a diskmaker had included several hours at the drawing board, so he figured he should be able to work this out.

"Good thing Colx isn't here to see this" Helios thought as he realized how his mentor would react to him taking a possibly dangerous mission based on such a meagre request.

"So, where can I find Kokkan?" he asked.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC(Ignitus):Glaring at the newcomers with suspicion, I say, "You're talking to one of 'em. But why should I let any of you in? What can you offer the crew?" :a: :k: :i:

IC: Keldor

"Please excuse my blunt companion. What he really means is what is the skillset you have to best aid the crew?"

IC: Vorok found the personality of this Fire Toa far to confrontational and suspicious. Thankfully, he had learned some self control. "You have three Toa, all of whom have various means to fly-could be useful in expanding your search radius for land, if there is any besides this island, or rescuing men overboard. Green Tornado here can control wind, which is useful for sailing-really, elemental powers are his specialty. Gravity like my own can make it easier to move things around, stay afloat for a while if we hit serious trouble. I'm a sharpshooter with the crossbow, and good in a brawl if it comes down to it. My Calix has a magnifier built in, in case Kivar here can speak the languages of some Rahi, though not all. Beyond that, his sonics powers could prove useful in repulsing enemies, long-range communication, or perhaps double as sonar should it be needed."

Kivar decided that he best place a disclaimer of his own skill to avoid any disappointments. "Be warned, the languages of Rahi are not necessarily the same here as they are elsewhere-it might be best for me to acquire a Mask of Translation before our departure in place of the Kanohi Zatth, which is not the most useful in terms of our expedition."

Vorok added, "And beyond that, we brought equipment. I had no idea if you were actually prepared, so I brought anything that I thought could come in handy. All of which is in bags that landed with us."

IC(Ignitus):"So, a sharpshooter, a Rahi whisperer, a tornado just waiting to happen, and some equipment? Congratulations, you're in. We're staying at a cabin not far from here, follow me.":A::k::i:

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC(Ignitus):"Fine by me, as long as you feed him."As we walk, I see the cabin's porch."That's it. We'll wait here until the rest of the crew gets back from recruiting. Until then, have a drink," I say, handing over the last three of Xadah's beers.:a::k::i:

IC: Agonerok in the drifts

Agonerok quickly made out of the drifts after wandering for what felt like forever.

Having seen enough of Ko-Koro, he quickly made his way out by going to the North March and entered Ta-Wahi.

IC:As Ignitus came back, there where more Toa with him. He then asks the Toa, "So you guys are also joining the voyage to the Red Star?"He noticed one was a Toa of Gravity, one of Air, and the other of Sonics. He knew the Air Toa would be useful, but he didn't know about Gravity or Sonics.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC(Ignitus):"Fine by me, as long as you feed him."As we walk, I see the cabin's porch."That's it. We'll wait here until the rest of the crew gets back from recruiting. Until then, have a drink," I say, handing over the last three of Xadah's beers. :a: :k: :i:

IC:Green Tornado answered, "Sorry, but none of us drink. Bad for flying, sharpshooting, and in Kivar's opinion, any mind-altering substance disrupts his meditation and connection with nature. If you have something else, we'll be happy to join you.Vorok and I will take coffee or milk-coffee's probably a bad idea at this time of night, though. Kivar will take tea, I guess."

IC:As Ignitus came back, there where more Toa with him. He then asks the Toa, "So you guys are also joining the voyage to the Red Star?"He noticed one was a Toa of Gravity, one of Air, and the other of Sonics. He knew the Air Toa would be useful, but he didn't know about Gravity or Sonics.

IC:Kivar answered, "As surely as waves roll on the sea, we are coming with you."

OOC:What character am I talking to here?

IC(Ignitus, Xadah):"'Fraid that's all we got, unless Xadah has something stored up here I don't know about?"I turn to Xadah."Nope. Got some ale in the cellar, but that's it."After a while, I turn to Potas, Green Tornado, Kivar, and Vorok."Y'know," I say, "I'll give you all fair warning right now, more likely than not we'll all die on this voyage. The chance of all of us coming back is all but zero. If you don't like the sound of that, this is your chance to turn back. So I ask you one question: do you fear death? Because that's what we're sailing into."OOC: That's not just IC. Once we set sail, we're at the mercy of what the staff decides to do to us.:a::k::i:

Edited by Toa Aki

IC: Demos - from Onu-Wahi

Ah, the crispy, cold mountain air. Demos had almost chosen this as his area of residence, but decided on Onu-Koro instead on account of the glare of the snow here. His anachronistic clothing keeping the chill off, he worked his way through the snow, to the village of ice itself this time.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC(Ignitus, Rerus, Gravus, Xadah):I nod. "Only a fool or one who has nothing to lose. The rest of you?"By this point, Gravus and Rerus have come out onto the porch."Radriar destroyed my homeland," Gravus says, "and there will be Karzahni to pay for that.""Well," says Rerus, "if Gravus has told me right, Radriar's one evil son-of-a-Kavinika. And nobody can just blow up a continent like that and get away with it. Besides, there are two possible directions this quest will take. Glorious victory, or Artahka. I'm in.""Ah, to Karz with it all," says Xadah. "You're all completely insane, but what've I got left to lose?"I nod to each of them. "Victory or Artahka indeed, my friend. Victory or Artahka indeed. And the rest of you?":A::k::i:

IC: Demos

Sticking to the surest road, the Toa of Sonics made his way to the entrance of the village. It really was quite a sight. Rising spires of crystal-clear ice, a nigh impregnable wall, it was no wonder they considered this the jewel of Mata Nui. Prideful and conceited as such a claim was. Demos wrinkled his mask at the sight. It was beautiful, but in his eyes, utterly pointless.

He called for a guard, who asked him to identify himself. "Demos Etonai, businessman of Onu-Koro, and seller of knowledge," he called up. The titles were unnecessary, this was not his first trip here. Nevertheless, the Ko-Matoran did seem to relish their precious knowledge.

Without a further word, the doors opened and the wealthy Toa entered. He wandered the town- or would it be a city at this point?- until he came upon indication of a bookstore. Following the signs, he found the shop called The Hungry Scholar it was quaint enough. Slightly small, considering its Koro, but decently sized nonetheless. And open.

He entered and was greeted by a Ko-Matoran at the front desk. "Where might I find the manager?" he asked. The matoran went to fetch him.

Another Ko-Matoran soon appeared from out of sight, accompanied by the receptionist. "Yes Toa, what may I do for you?" he asked. There was a slight tinge of nervousness in his voice. Demos liked it when he made people nervous. The sap probably was intimidated by his clothing.

"I wish to make an investment in your business," he stated with a flourish.

The Matoran relaxed, and Demos frowned internally at that. But he reminded himself that relaxed Matoran were easier to kill. "Ah, an appreciator of knowledge! That would be most welcome."

"I do appreciate knowledge indeed," Demos said, pretending to study his sleeve. "So much so that I own a library in Onu-Koro. The biggest one, as a matter of fact."

The owner's mask showed intrigue, as well as a renewed tinge of uneasiness. "So... This is no ordinary investment, is it? A partnership, perhaps?"

"More than that," Demos said, smiling. "I am going to buy this shop." He stated it as a fact. He did not wish to, he would.

The little one was uneasy at the prospect, though no more uneasy. "Err... Well, you see... Books are my one livelihood. Without this shop, I--"

"I have no lack of money," Demos said tantalizingly, almost carelessly, "I will pay handsomely. Such is the way of business. Should you find yourself wanting once more, I will always keep a position open for you here. In fact, you could be my sous-manager, as I operate from Onu-Koro."

This seemed to please the Matoran, who smiled amiably, "I can see I am dealing with a man of wisdom. To tell you the truth, as much as I love books, leading was never my strong point, so it is a--"

"Name your price," Demos interrupted, his voice remaining friendly.

The Matoran cleared his throat, a little embarrassed at the interruption and not wanting to make a bad impression. "Well, as the proceeds will no longer be going directly to me, I suppose... oh, three..." he shook his head, not wanting to seem greedy, "No, two thousand widgets ought to keep me well on my feet for a long time."

"Done!" Demos said. He reached into his sack and produced the demanded price. "I shall await the deed here, and sign it before I leave back to the tunnels. I will be adding several books from my own collection to this establishment, beginning with these." He dumped three thick tomes in front of the Matoran.

His eyes widened like puffer fishes. "These are..." he picked them up and leafed through them. "How on Mata Nui did you get ahold of these? They are priceless, or very near it!"

Demos smiled. "I told you, I am an avid collector." He had been very skilled at not having to pay for anything back in the day. Before he'd lost his Mahiki. His past. His self. His name. His sanity.

"Yes indeed, I shall have these inventoried immediately after the process is done!" With that, he rushed off.

The eccentric Toa was treated to a cup of snowleaf tea as he awaited his deed. He was not long waiting. He signed on the dotted lines, blew the ink dry, and handed it back to its former owner. "I must return to Onu-Koro now. Please, have that delivered to the authorities. I will correspond with you by letter, and have some of my books sent here. You will see, soon this place will rise to become a place of great repute."

"Yes, sir," said the former owner, already willing to serve. "I... well, I will be remaining with the establishment. I am, you see, what others would call a workaholic. I must have my work to keep me busy. Hrrm... Now, would you, ah, have the shop's name changed?"

Demos considered it a moment. "Yes, change it to The Wise Man's Archive, like my own shop in Onu. I will make a franchise of it." He stood up. "Well, this has been an absolute pleasure."

"Yes, certainly!" enthused the Matoran. "I will have this delivered right away, sir!"

Demos nodded and stepped outside. As soon as he was alone, he activated his mask and slipped through the streets, invisible and soundless, following his new underling to make certain he was not smarter than he looked.

OOC: Introducing new character, Priicu

IC: Priicu

The old Ko-Matoran shuffled through the streets of his beloved hometown, headed towards the Sanctum to have the contract validated, completely oblivious to the silent Toa following him. As must have been everyone else. It was difficult to detect a pantom, after all.

The former owner of the bookstore composed himself, cleared his throat, and entered the imposing Sanctum, headed for the office of one of the officials. He handed them the contract, which the Matoran at the desk looked over. They nodded, "It's done."

Priicu nodded and smiled before turning around to head back home.

IC: Demos

The invisible Toa smiled and nodded in satisfaction. That would do very nicely. He found a nice secluded area to reassume his visibility before making his way to the exit to the town- or city- to the snow beyond. He had to make it back to Onu before dark.

OOC: Demos back to Onu.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

NPC- Elmuur - Ko-Koro Guard Armory

IC:

"Yeah, for as long as I can keep Krenn off my back," I replied to the veteran guardsmatoran, glancing cautiously at the rows of weapons filling the room, before once again focusing on the Ko-Matoran. Funny, I'd seen him a few times before, but never actually stopped to talk. Elmuur, or something, was his name. But he was in the armory... That couldn't be right...

"Say, whatever happened to Lurah?" I asked the scarred man, referring to a certain Toa of Crystal that I may or may not have knew well the last time I was in the guard. "Doesn't she work in the armory?"

Elmuur paused, halfway through running his hand over a row of tightly packed polearms. "Lurah... sometimes. We've started taking shifts in here, just checking up on everything. She's probably out patrolling right now, if it's not her day off." He turned around to face Tehlin, "But I assume you are not here to ask after old girlfriends."

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC:"I'm in for sure. I have good reasons to travel away from here-better than staying."

Kivar smiled,"I relish the chance to see the wilds of the lands beyond my own-though I do fear that none will speak for the Jungle when I am gone."

Green Tornado answered, "I'm just happy for the adventure. By the way, a suggestion-if you don't yet have a vessel, it might be wise to build one that's self-sustaining. That may be what's necessary to follow the Red Star for long distances. In which case, we might need to have a crew that includes a Toa of the Green, a Toa of Water, and a Toa of Earth to produce the food and water. Perhaps the ILF has some Toa who might be willing to come with us-maybe we should send a message."

OOC:It's been noted that any Mata Nui vessel doesn't have the range to sail to the Kentoku Archipelago, which is where I suspect we will arrive if we succeed-it's introduction is almost certainly related to the Vault Riddle and the only known land beyond the island of Mata Nui. I suspect the range is due to supply limits, and with that in mind, I think self-sustainment is a suggestion we should consider.

IC: Kughii

The vortixx laughed and played in the snow, using his long limbs to gather the drifts into small missiles, accurate bursts of white bombarding Lykiira in a flurry of mirthful war. Three rounds later, they were headed along the red-flagged path to Ko-Koro, their escapades in the snow put on hold until a warm cup of cocoa could relieve the shivers.

“Hey, what’s that sound,” Kughii said, his head pricked to the side. He listened intently, closing his eyes to better immerse himself within the soft murmurs of the wind. “Yes, definitely a fight. This way!” Jumping foward, the swordsman plowed through the snow away from the beaten path of crushed ice and salt, sprinting ungainly with exaggerated steps. As Kughii overcame a small rise, he looked down at the finality of a charred body, the outline of a toa sauntering into the white flakes on the horizon. “Holy Karz...”

IC: RuneThe Vo-Toa's audio receptors picked up a faint murmur of conversation over the harsh wind. Was she being pursued as a result of her vengeful actions? Two vague silhouettes were making their way up the frozen rise behind her, swiftly approaching the ashen corpse she had left in the snow. Rune quickened her pace, intent on keeping herself hidden from the strangers' sight. She veered off to the right to get a better look at the mysterious pair, but kept at least one red flag in sight so as not to lose her way again.

Edited by Toa Varen

OOC: Okajo from Onu-Koro

IC: Okajo (End of Onu-Koro highway/Entrance to Ko-Wahi)

Okajo stood in the bitter cold wind, and glanced around. His eyes hurt for a bit, since it had been so long since he went outside... the cold was quite refreshing, actually. He took a step forward, into the snow, and left the cave behind. He trudged through the snow, looking for anything to keep in mind where the way back was. He saw a pathway, made of red flags, and decided to follow them. He was on his way to...wherever the flags lead. He could end up at Ko-Koro, or the Massif, or anywhere really in the Wahi. It didn't really matter, he wasn't planning on staying in the Wahi long anyways. Just a quick walk in the snow to change things up a bit.

OOC: Okajo is open for interaction.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

OOC: For you X.

IC:

Karz to this. I'm leaving.

Still dressed in her hospital gown, she swiftly headed out of the hospital, and then the village. She needed a new arm first, and the doctor had talked about one being found in a 'Onu-Koro'... And those poles with the red fabric sticking out of the ground seemed almost like a path... For Silbi, it would do. Trudging along, Silbi saw a figure approaching her. Silbi paused, unsure of what this being would do, as she was in no shape to run away.

IC:Okajo (Ko-Wahi/Path from Onu-Koro to Ko-Koro)

Okajo saw a tall being approaching him, a Toa of sorts. The Toa stopped moving forwards, and Okajo kept trudging forwards. He knew something was...off about the Toa, but he couldn't put his finger on it until he got closer. He then noticed that they didn't have a right arm.

Well this is...odd. A Toa approaching me in the snow, without an arm. Why are they here, and why don't they have an arm?

Shrugging to himself, he waved towards the Toa, and shouted over the wind "What are you doing out here?"

The arm really puzzled him. What could cause someone to lose an arm? Other than it being cut off, that is... or was that what happened?

Just in case, Okajo strapped his sword to his back. It may bring on memories, or possibly anger. The sword was still in reach though, in case the Toa turned out to be aggressive.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Okajo

Hm. Maybe I should help... this Toa seems pretty helpless right now. And I don;t want to be responsible for leaving someone out to die in this cold. Besides, I'm getting cold myself.

"I can help you out. I just got out here, I probably can help you to Onu-Koro."

Okajo made his way over to the mysterious Toa, hoping it was a good decision to help them out.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Okajo

"Alright, come on." Okajo got the Toa's arm around his shoulder, and helped them back towards the cave from which he came from, slowly. He may be shorter than the Toa, but he could still support their weight. The two trudged through the snow, chilled to the bone.

I hope we can make it before they die... carrying a dead body to Onu-Koro may not be a good idea. Neither is leaving someone out to die in the cold.

OOC: Okajo/Silibi to Onu-Koro

1Ydp0mg.jpg

KO

IC: Riaril, Nuju-Marillion Research Hospital

The toadstool floated in her mind, the landscape still refusing to form from the swirl of muddied color. Stealthily, the words creeped in her receptors as if honey from a jar: these are my memories, enjoy them?

Riaril’s eye snapped to attention, the golden haze of light projecting from her orb to illuminate the darkness of the night. Her hand was stretched into the air; the sheets lost off the edge of the bed. She pulled in a deep breath. “Just a dream.”

The snowy morning lifted the horrors of the night, bringing clarity through the blue-glass window of her office. The morning smoke was uneventful. Riaril felt drained even more, as if her past was a leech sucking away her future. At the front desk, the doctor heard the news of the runaway patient, apathetic. The cup of tea didn’t cure her mood either. The evening came, after seeing Widgets off with an invoice and do pay it soon otherwise the injury might reopen in spite, she barred herself within the Observatory with her microscope.

Riaril was alone.

IC: Kughii, Ko-Wahi Drifts

“Liikyra, this is... I’m not quite sure what this is, actually,” Kughii admitted while prodding the charred corpse with the bottom of Samsara’s sheath. “Bet they were shocked to end up like this though...”

A moment. No laugh. The vortixx huffed, wriggling the tip of his serpentine face. Unable to contain it any longer, Kughii burst out shouting:

“Liikyra, COME ON! This is a SERIOUS MATTER! My joke was FUNNY! Shock? Electricity? Oh forget it.”

IC(Shalia-Drifts)Out of seemingly nowhere, she pounced. The Fe-Toa came from above, obviously having been waiting for him. She landed on Quon's shoulders, pulling him down into the snow with her legs. She instantly deduced his basic details- he was a Lesterin, three weapons. Two axes, and a foreign weapon. That could be useful. Rolling, she ended up on top of him."Here's the drill," she said, voice dripping with what could only be described as boredom, "give me your stuff, and you live."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Thanks, JL. :)

IC: Kiron

The Toa of Fire stopped angrily.

"No, you cheated! I had two Ussals, and I played them fair and square. I saw you slip that Tarakava Card into your pocket before this," Kiron shouted back at JL.

He felt the cold wind of Ko-Wahi around him. He looked up in surprise.

"Well, we're here."

OOC: Ignitus came come gret our little Taxi, Aki. :)

IC: Tehlin

I grinned, glad to hear that at least something from before was the same. Everything else seemed to have changed so drastically. And not for the best.

"Right, I'll go say hi later," I replied to the scarred veteran. My gaze flicked over to the rows of weapons lining the walls, noting the fact that there was quite a bit more than before.

"I need some new armor," I said after a moment of taking everything in, spreading my arms out to indicate my, admittedly quite worn, current set of plates that I used. "While this has served me well, it's not really Sanctum Guard-issue material."

And there was something to be said about professional armorsmiths, compared to Le-Koroan goods dealers.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -