BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC(Gravus):"It's a code the heroes of Torren, our homeland," Gravus says, gesturing to me and Rerus, "follow. Apparently, it has some similarities to your Toa Code, but at the same time many differences. For instance, while your code prohibits killing, the Aegis code allows killing in situations such as war and self defense, among others.":A::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC(Gravus):"Radriar, for some reason, completely disregarded the code years ago. He's an omnicidal maniac. There are some who say he worships Malus Tenebrus, the Evil Shadow, who I believe you would call Makuta. They say that Radriar wishes to expand the kingdom of Malus Tenebrus by sending the entire world into the Void.":A::k::i:

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

OOC: And, why am I listening to Earth Wind and Fire while I write this fight???? Oh well, that's KUGHII for ya'. :lol:

IC: Kughii

Kughii shivered, and it wasn't from the cold. He stared at the sunken eyes and protruding teeth of the corpse and couldn't help but pull a dance move. That's gonna' give me nightmares, he thought, then glanced at the stoic toa of earth by his side. She hadn't said anything yet, not surprising given her better-hero-than-thou personality when working, but couldn't she at least laugh at his jokes? The playful banter they had enjoyed back in Ga-Koro seemed to be fading the longer they stayed on the road. He sniffed, feeling alone with a black cloak.

"Wonder if we should bury it," Kughii mentioned awkwardly; "Or we could use it as a bobsled. It's all downhill to the Koro from here, so it might speed up our time." His cream colored armor began to disappear under the small piles of snow building up on his shoulders. Kughii opened his mouth to keep talking, then snapped it closed as the first crunch of snow hinted to the ghostly apparition from behind. The pace of footsteps quickened, then stopped, a whistling sound careening through the air. Taking a wild guess of skill, the vortixx crouched and pulled Samsara from its sheath on his back, swiping widely through the air in a flowing movement of black steel.

"Swallow's flight!"

The sword clashed mid-air with the invisible foe, sending them crashing out of the air into the snow. Kughii's keen eyes quickly followed the indentations, picking up the stance as he pounced, bringing his sword under and through from the left side.

"Show yourself, punk," He yelled as the blade whistled through the air.

OOC: BTW, this sword move shouting stuff is NOT based on the anime/VN/LN pointed out to me. It's battojutsu, and a random name smashed together. :P

Edited by Kughii

IC(Gravus):"Radriar, for some reason, completely disregarded the code years ago. He's an omnicidal maniac. There are some who say he worships Malus Tenebrus, the Evil Shadow, who I believe you would call Makuta. They say that Radriar wishes to expand the kingdom of Malus Tenebrus by sending the entire world into the Void." :a: :k: :i:

IC:"I am curious-having heard your conversation, as a Toa of Sonics always does. Who is this villian, and what does he hope to accomplish worshipping the dead Master of Shadows? For that matter, what is this Void of which you speak?" Kivar stood, and inquired of those who would join him on the expedition.

Green Tornado, meanwhile, found a blank piece of paper and an inkpot on a nearby desk. Hoping the owner wouldn't mind, he began to write something down for the ILF.

Vorok began making plans for the vessel in his head, trying to take an inventory of the Toa elements around him. If they were to have a self-sustained ship, then he would need to know what elements they had yet to recruit.

OOC:What elements do we currently have on the expedition in addition to Gravity, Air and Sonics? The letter to the ILF in question will be about the matter of joining the expedition.

IC: RuneShe knew that voice. Vague memories from her past began to surface that she didn't know wether to banish or cherish. She tried to get a good look at the owner's face, but suddenly found herself staring up at the sky as impact forced all the air from her lungs. She gasped, but quickly regained her composure. The vortixx's sword was swinging swiftly through the snowflakes towards her head. She pushed herself back up with her hands, leaping in a smooth arc up and over the sleek blade. Now on the inside, she found her opportunity and grasped his arm. She raised the knife above her head, ready to snuff out yet another existence...It dropped from her hand, and the darkness within her faded with it's fall. The deep eyes gazing back at her were those of an old friend. She allowed herself to shimmer back into visibility. Friend. The word seemed foreign to her, a taste of better days now long gone. She had been on her own for so long, tracking down criminal after criminal. Allies now seemed far off, especially since the defeat of makuta's forces.The words stumbled out of her mouth with the jumble of confused emotions she now struggled to control. "Oh! Kughii! I apologize, I didn't know it was you. It's been a long time.."

Edited by Toa Varen

IC(Ignitus):"Probably knows something we don't. But the Void is nothingness, the realm of Malus Tenebrus, and now that he's dead, his home."OOC: Let's see... Besides you, I think we have Toa of Fire, Stone, Gravity, and Lightning.:a::k::i:

OOC:In other words, we might want to do some more recruiting if we want a self sustaining ship...

IC:"Interesting. And you expect to encounter this person on our voyage?"

Vorok took a mental inventory of the elements-he saw another Toa of Gravity, some Fire and Stone, and a Toa of Lightning. Not the crew you wanted to create food supplies and nutrition. Best to start recruiting.

Green Tornado finished writing and turned to Ignitius, "I hope you don't mind, but I'm going into town and sending a letter to the Island Liberation Force. I haven't had contact with them recently, but I used to, and I'm hoping that we can recruit some Toa who would be of use to us from there number. Plus, these are the people who took down the Nui-Rama hive. If there's a force of strong fighters running around, it's them."

OOC EDIT:Couldn't wait for Toa Aki to reply because I'm going. Will send letter next post.

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC:A lone Toa of Air flew to the village of Ko-Koro that night. Admist dark, cloudy skies and the fury of Ko-Wahi's ever-constant snowstorms, he landed in the center of the village. Finding a messaging service that was still open at this time of day proved to be quite the challenge. But when he did find such a place, he passed a letter to a Kakama runner, before flying back to the rest of the Red Star Voyagers.

Dear Kethrye: (Or whomever may be leading the ILF)

Last I had contact with you, Vorok, Kivar and myself set off searching out the phantom fleet of ships and soldiers from Xa-Koro that Le-Koro. Needless to say, we have not had any luck in this expedition, since we had yet to return to Pala-Koro for several months. Recently, we returned to Le-Koro to get our affairs in order there before returning to your base. However, our plans were disrupted when it appeared Vilor and the Black Inferno was seeking us out to kill us yet again. We decided to flee to Ko-Wahi and join the expedition that is seeking to sail towards the Red Star to see if it relates to the Vault Riddle. This appeared to us the only place where Vilor could not follow.

It seems the expedition could use a little help getting started. We could use more Toa to man our ship. In paticular, we have need of Toa of the Green, of Water, of Earth and of Iron. These elements will make it much easier to sustain a ship for a long voyage. In addition, the ILF are considered warriors of high calibre for their efforts in bringing down the Nui-Rama hive. Veterans such as these are valuable for their experience, particularly in exploring foreign lands.

The assistance and support of the ILF would be valued in our exploratory venture. In addition, this exploration may help the ILF continue to fufill it's goal in helping improve the island and the lives of it's inhabitants. Plus, the solving of the Vault Riddle by an impartial third party may indeed help restore Unity among the villages.

I hope that the ILF will chose to join us with at least some of it's number. We are in Ko-Wahi right now-you can find us with the crude map on the back.

Sincerely yours,

Cyclonis, the Green Tornado (Toa of Air)

Vorok, (Toa of Gravity)

Kivar, (Toa of Sonics)

ILF Affilates

OOC:NPC Kakama runner to Le-Wahi.

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC:The guy still seemed pretty confused, but he muttered his thanks and ran off. Kind of unfortunate that he didn't stick around, I thought; chatting with someone who obviously wasn't from around here might've been good for breaking up the monotony of this place. I don't know what the deal is - maybe Matoro's still working on restructuring the Guard and stuff, but there's been pretty much nothing to do since I got back. I was off-duty at the moment, which was slightly better more interesting the alternative, but that didn't mean I really had anything to do.A half-hour of wandering through the city eventually brought me back to the Guard's headquarters. It seemed I wasn't the only Guard with nothing to do - a Ko-Matoran was standing in front of the building, watching my approach. "Afternoon," I said. She looked somewhat familiar. One of the ones who'd joined up during my absence, I thought? "It's, uh... Reylo, right?"

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Liikyra

So Ko-Wahi, able to be described entirely in a single word: Cold. Not just the chill that one got during the desert nights, the slightly-uncomfortable drop in temperature that she was far too used to, but a biting, cold that seeped into one's armor and soul, snuffing out any memory of a warm retreat. The frost coating the visor of her Kanohi was cold. The snow that her boots sunk more than halfway into was cold. The flurries of snow that bit into any exposed part of her body was cold. In retrospect, Liikyra definitely liked the dry heat of Po-Wahi better.

And she probably should have gotten a new cloak while in Ga-Koro. Too late now, though.

Except for the occasional snatches of conversation, Liikyra had stayed silent for most of the trip through the ice, slipping into her previous introvertive demeanor with a startling lack of effort. Not that she minded it all that much, it had just become so very quite lonely.

Pushing the thought aside, Liikyra glanced up from the white ground beneath her to the muscled back of her... Vortixx traveling companion, opening her mouth with a puff of frozen breath to speak, only to be interrupted by a rather unnerving sight. It was a body, and one in really not that good of a condition. Her heartrate jumped, evident by the flash of her hearlight. Immediately, she shut her eyes tightly and let out a breath, fighting back a tide of memories that she really didn't want to go through right now. Kughii said something, and she opened her eyes just in time to return to her stoic self once again.

And that was when they suddenly found themselves under attack. There was the sound of footsteps in the snow nearby, though no one in sight. Which really only meant one thing. Invisibility.

Not that much of a problem, though. Liikyra's mask flared briefly, and the landscape around her suddenly came into stark clarity. Not just visually, either, as even the minute sound of snowflakes impacting against their brethren on the ground became audible. The Toa of Earth dropped into a low crouch, her bronze sword in hand and held ready as she saw their unseen attacker with senses other than sight.

It was, after that, quite simple for her to locate the being, and had her sword pointed at their neck even before they became visible again.

"Who are you?" She said sharply, her eyes narrowed despite the fact that the Toa seemed to know Kughii. Right, she had tried to stab him with a knife. Exactly how you greet friends. As it was, Liikyra had yet to lower her sword, and she didn't seem to be doing so any time soon.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: RuneThe cold bronze of a blade brushing against her throat diverted her attention away from her former companion. The Onu-toa's piercing stare bore into her like that of her own reflection, and Rune wondered if the same hatred was imbedded in her heart as well. The lightning toa forced a smile, despite her swelling fear. "My name is Rune. Kughii and I once collaborated on a mission for turaga Matau. But that of course, was long ago." The memory of the escapade had been dulled in her mind for years, only presently regaining it's lost clarity. "It's a.." She regarded the quivering sword that threatened to cleave off her head. "Pleasure to make your aquaintance."

Liikyra's expression changed slightly, though it was hard to tell to what given that fact that it really was a slight change. Her eyes did soften, or it looked that way. The Toa of Earth's fingers shifted slightly, rearranging their grip on her Tarakava-molded sword, though Liikyra had yet to move her elegant weapon away from the azure-armored Toa.

"Likewise," She stated flatly, though the fact that her voice had dropped to the featureless monotone that she adopted at times said something else entirely.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Hey, ladies, don't mean to be the avalanche on your mountaintop, but mind moving your cat-fight outside of my arms?" Kughii's voice quavered, unsure whether or not to stay in the mellow tenor of its natural state, or halting spring to the top of the staff. Slowly, he attempted to disentangle himself from the two toa as he tried to remedy the situation. "Liikyra, this is Rune. She and I, well, don't have much in common. We just worked together to collect some paintings of Ga-Koro matoran for Matau. So yeah, what she said."

He paused, realizing the horrible jokes, then continued with the introductions. "And Rune, this is Liikyra. I carted her around on a bobsled for three weeks in the desert, and we've been bosom buddies ever since. Any questions? No, okay, class out of session, let's find a warm place to sleep at that big koro over the hill; I'm exhausted and this cold isn't good for my knees." Letting his sword slide back into the scabbard across his back, the vortixx began to trek back to the little red flag path.

OOC: So much to post for, so little time. >.<

Eventually, almost reluctantly, Liikyra lowered her bronze-tinted sword away from the Vo-Toa, sliding it back into the sheath strapped to her back. Her eyes lingered on Rune for a moment longer, before the Toa of Earth started off after Kughii.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: RuneLiikyra's adhesive gaze was a rare one, one that sent chills down Rune's spine. Fear? It was unthinkable for her to feel such an emotion. She hadn't been afraid for years. Not even when the rahkshi had attacked. The toa of lightning had fought tough, cunning, and deranged foes alike. But the Onu-toa was different. Rune watched warily as the bronze edge retreated from it's baleful position at her throat. She sensed that a mind akin to that of her own resided behind those perceptive eyes. She would have to be careful. The Vo-toa crunched through the snowy drifts after the pair. She could just make out the dim lights of Ko-Koro beyond the white haze.

The giant archway glowed with a pale brilliance in the clouded light of the afternoon. Ko-Koro had two times: dusk and starry. Kughii felt glad to be arriving before the latter, when chittering frost Beatles patrolled the slopes in groups of four, their melodies luring unsuspecting travelers off the beaten path until they were blue with cold. The tell tale crunch of snow vanished upon entering the growing koro of wisdom and piety, but the vortixx soon regretted suggesting the village as a rest stop.

"Everything's too small," he complained while trying to fit into one of the chairs by the hearth of an inn, Liikyra and Rune easily slipping within their seats. "It's easy for you midgets -- you don't have to duck every time you walk into a building. This place is gonna cramp my back, I swear to Tarakava back scrubbers."

Edited by Kughii

OOC: Mild bunnying

IC: Helios (Ko-Koro)

After getting directions to the trader named Kokkan, Helios went to the bazaar, in his mind already dictating the letters he would have to send to Colx and Melna when his mission was completed.

"If I face something dangerous down there, I might just outdo Melna" Helios suddenly realized, quickly followed by a sudden boost of determination. He was going to pull this off, and outshine Melna, Mata Nui willing.

He'd reached Kokkan's store, and gave the door three solid knocks.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: RuneShe had not said a word since the trio had entered the koro, though dozens of questions threatened to burst from within her. The flickering flames of the hearth cast a warm light on Liikyra's cool expression. Kughii's brow was furrowed with complaint at the inn's inconvenient scale to his body size. Rune crossed her legs and wondered what the two of them had been doing wandering about in the wastelands of ko-wahi. Curious indeed, even for the vortixx's often strange antics. The Vo-toa ran a finger along the smooth leather of the chair she now lounged in. Her limbs ached from the blizzard's icy nip, but it felt good to be comfortably indoors after such a long and strenuous day.

NPC- Elmuur

IC: Tehlin

"I need some new armor," I said after a moment of taking everything in, spreading my arms out to indicate my, admittedly quite worn, current set of plates that I used. "While this has served me well, it's not really Sanctum Guard-issue material."

And there was something to be said about professional armorsmiths, compared to Le-Koroan goods dealers.

Elmuur nodded understandingly. “Yes, armor. We can have some custom forged for you, or you can look through some secondhand pieces, if it please you.” he gestured at a few racks filled with shaped metal for every part of the body. Most of it was old and battered, like Tehlin’s, but there were still some pieces that looked almost new.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Keldor

"You are Toa." Do you intend to lecture me? I will not condone killing unless it is certainly, not probably saving lives. No silver tongue will change that. You waste your time. When will you understand this, he thought.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

IC Jarkale

(Ko-Koro):

While others seemed to be almost bored by the waiting, Jarkale kept himself busy by recording the current events. He was surprised at how often he had to take breaks from doing that due to his hand getting tired. During one such break, Jarkale sought Rerus and walked next to him.

"Toa Rerus, may I ask you something about that crater you woke up in?"

IC(Rerus):"Sure. What is it?"IC(Gravus):"Do you think that we would kill just for fun, or that we're pround of what we did, that we feel no remorse? No. I still have nightmares about the war. But we did what we had to do to save generations down the line, and if I'm right about Radriar's goals, possibly Mata Nui. Just, please, remember that.":A::k::i:

Edited by Toa Aki

IC Jarkale

(Ko-Wahi):

"I'm troubled", Jarkale admitted. "I thought for sure that the Great Spirit sent you. But now you and your teammates claim to have come from someplace called Torren. Tell me, how much exactly do you remember about that place? Or do you only think you remember things that Ignitus and the others mentioned? In other words: do you have clear memories of it by yourself?"