If things were different....

Since the end of 2008 when the Toa Nuva, Takanuva and the Av-matoran (Karda Nui Matoran) escaped from the 'spirit storm' in Karda Nui, and Makuta Teridax taking over the universe, I just think Mata Nui (trapped inside the mask of life) should come back to save them. (although the LEGO Group would have to make sets)

It would be a good conclusion for 2009 instead of having Mata Nui exiled to Bara Magna and become a Glatorian. I would love to see him become a Toa and aid the Toa and the Matoran against Makuta Teridax. It would be like the Battle of Hogwarts in Harry Potter and the deathly hallows.

This is an example on how I look at Mata Nui's return:

The kanohi ignika would be lost and alone in deep space, mata nui trapped inside the mask, was pondering his thoughts. He has been the 'great spirit' for many years. he watched over the matoran universe from his former body while he was performing his mission to study alien planets from the real world, collecting knowledge as a resource, in order to restore his home planet Spherus Magna.

Edited by bohrokmaster

To return, he would have to bring the mask back in, and being Legendary and with the whole countdown-to-kill-all thing going on, you can bet Makuta was tracking it to make sure it didn't. That's why he expelled it in the first place.

So it would seem that canonically this is impossible.

Of course, there's always fanfics in which the canon rules need not matter.

I do wonder if the Ignika might have at one point been able to reach out before being shot out, so still in range, create a body, and transfer Mata Nui's consciousness into it. But then he'd be removing his only protection, and Makuta would probably notice and just kill him.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

How would Mata Nui have made it back to save the matoran universe?

The mask would give him a 'Toa's body' and give him an oxygen to breathe while he was in space. His whole body would glow yellowish and be able to fly iron man-style.His colour scheme would be keetorange (Keetongu's colour scheme) and yellow. Obviously Teridax in mata nui's robot body would have sensed him. So he sent the heat vision Rahkshi in canisters to space as he was busy oppressing the inhabitants, they came out quickly to attack Mata Nui and Mata Nui disintigrated them with laser beams from his sword (similar to the swords from the toa inika) and

destroyed the other half of the Rahkshi's group. He then flys back to Aqua Magna and the mask disguised him invisible to pass through makuta inside his old body, making sure makuta haven't sensed his returning.

Edited by bohrokmaster

Let's not get into color schemes and other things we couldn't possibly have canon evidence for, okay? That stuff belongs in fan fiction, not here.

To the idea that while in space the Ignika could make a body for him and send him back without the mask, two big problems with that. First, from what matter would the body be made? We've always seen the Ignika convert existing matter to make new bodies, both as Toa Ignika and for Mata Nui. But this would be in space, so there is no matter to do this with. Second, again, Makuta would be tracking this so it would not escape his notice, and he'd just blast them to oblivion. (Or just blast the body rather than the Ignika, if it's not yet out of range for the life effect.)

I must admit that would be an awesome battle scene, but wouldn't it be rather messy to send out Rahkshi to do this when he could just blast them away himself?

As for invisibility, that might be plausible to some extent, but if it's sending him back down into the atmosphere first, it would have to be a really powerful cloak to hide the atmospheric entry effects, and it's likely Makuta would be using a power to see past invisibility. At the very least, the risk of it would be enough that it would be much safer to go to Bara Magna instead and try to power up the prototype robot.

Also, after getting inside the robot what exactly would he do, even if hypothetically he could get in undetected? Tahu and the others were only able to survive long enough to escape and aid in the battle that was shielded by the prototype giant robot under Makuta's control. Admittedly, Mata Nui would have knowledge others wouldn't, but it still seems unlikely that Makuta wouldn't be monitoring any approach to the Core Processor. Overall, it's just more risky than the strategy Mata Nui did use.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I can't imagine your version of the storyline... And how Mata Nui could save everyone? He was just the mask flying in the space.

I agree with you, but then teridax can't be everywhere at once, he threw him far away from the robot's chest. And mata nui was safely away from him, giving him the full chance to succeed.

Let's not get into color schemes and other things we couldn't possibly have canon evidence for, okay? That stuff belongs in fan fiction, not here. To the idea that while in space the Ignika could make a body for him and send him back without the mask, two big problems with that. First, from what matter would the body be made? We've always seen the Ignika convert existing matter to make new bodies, both as Toa Ignika and for Mata Nui. But this would be in space, so there is no matter to do this with. Second, again, Makuta would be tracking this so it would not escape his notice, and he'd just blast them to oblivion. (Or just blast the body rather than the Ignika, if it's not yet out of range for the life effect.) I must admit that would be an awesome battle scene, but wouldn't it be rather messy to send out Rahkshi to do this when he could just blast them away himself? As for invisibility, that might be plausible to some extent, but if it's sending him back down into the atmosphere first, it would have to be a really powerful cloak to hide the atmospheric entry effects, and it's likely Makuta would be using a power to see past invisibility. At the very least, the risk of it would be enough that it would be much safer to go to Bara Magna instead and try to power up the prototype robot. Also, after getting inside the robot what exactly would he do, even if hypothetically he could get in undetected? Tahu and the others were only able to survive long enough to escape and aid in the battle that was shielded by the prototype giant robot under Makuta's control. Admittedly, Mata Nui would have knowledge others wouldn't, but it still seems unlikely that Makuta wouldn't be monitoring any approach to the Core Processor. Overall, it's just more risky than the strategy Mata Nui did use.

EDIT: I apologise for the colour scheme bit. :( I was actually meaning if Mata Nui did come back with the Ignika (mask of life). If Mata Nui does have any knowledge or any experience as a Robot then I don't think he'll simply come back to regain his power or stop Teridax by himself. He'll simply come back to aid Tahu and his Friends after they know the truth about him while he was kicked out by Teridax. I didn't know about matter in space but I guess I was thinking of 'magic' and technology, Sorry. :(

Edited by bohrokmaster