Inika zamor sphere colors

If the Inika and the Matoran Resistance's Zamor spheres are full of energized protodermis, then shouldn't they be silver?

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Technically, they can be any color. there's brown, green, red, blue, silver, etc. I mean, the seas around Metru Nui were protodermis so...

answer your question?

Not that kind. Energized protodermis is silver.

I'd go with set reasons, or maybe the Zamor bubble itself is colored?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Wait wait wait then what was the dark green pool that Axonn fell into that possessed Brutaka in DW? Wasn't that EP?

No, antidermis. That was the pool the Makuta were made from.

Basically the opposite of EP, since EP cures Matoran of control by antidermis. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Wait wait wait then what was the dark green pool that Axonn fell into that possessed Brutaka in DW? Wasn't that EP?

Antidermis. The Piraka had zamor spheres full of Teridax's antidermis, as a way of keeping him alive to find a new body after his was previously smashed in MOL. It was kept in a large crystal so it didn't dissipate.

Canonically, the Inika's zamor spheres are silver, and I think something of the sort is stated in Inferno about it, but I cannot remember. They were colored in sets to fit in with their color schemes, as the toys came before the story was fully fleshed out. They contain Energized Protodermis, which would destroy the antidermis inside the enslaved matoran, due to it not being destined to transform.

EDIT: oops, ninja'd by bonesiii!

Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

They contain Energized Protodermis, which would destroy the antidermis inside the enslaved matoran, due to it not being destined to transform.

Is that how it worked? Huh. Then I wonder why it didn't directly affect the Matoran who was being possessed, just the antidermis.(And if it destroyed the antidermis, would that be in the same way as normal? Explosively? I don't recall seeing possessed Matoran exploding everywhere.)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

They contain Energized Protodermis, which would destroy the antidermis inside the enslaved matoran, due to it not being destined to transform.

Is that how it worked? Huh. Then I wonder why it didn't directly affect the Matoran who was being possessed, just the antidermis.(And if it destroyed the antidermis, would that be in the same way as normal? Explosively? I don't recall seeing possessed Matoran exploding everywhere.)

Where does it say it normally destroys things explosively? I was under the impression it's more like dissolving.

As for why it doesn't affect them, gotta be a destiny thing, methinks. Just like with Kraata, it's always destined to do the same thing when the same circumstance is presented related to antidermis, it seems.

I suppose EP "uses up" itself to destroy matter. So in a way the antidermis and EP cancelled each other out in a Matoran. Also, EP doesn't make things explode. It rather erodes stuff, as depicted in the book Maze of Shadows. It dissolved a stone rat, but nothing went boom.

EDIT: Darn, bonesii-ninja'd. :P I see this is the second time this happens in the thread.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

If you wanted a justification, it would be feasible to say that the spheres changed color after coming into contact with the Toa. For example, all the Inika weapons fired Lightning + Element, right? So maybe some of the Toa's energy bled into the Zamor spheres and caused them to become color co-ordinated... :P

- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

Where does it say it normally destroys things explosively? I was under the impression it's more like dissolving.

As for why it doesn't affect them, gotta be a destiny thing, methinks. Just like with Kraata, it's always destined to do the same thing when the same circumstance is presented related to antidermis, it seems.

This picture makes me think that EP destroys things explosively:

AOSR_Energized_Protodermis_Testing.png

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Specifically, that was described as tapping into its power. If you try to use EP as a power source, it explodes. But that's not to be confused with destroying things not destined to transform. (And I had a feeling that was what you meant; its explosive power is what caused the Shattering itself after all; but that's a different effect.)

I don't remember it being explained, but I'm pretty sure it only targeted the antidermis, due to how a zamor sphere passes through the body.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

It's not like the drop of EP was dropped only on a table. You can even see from the picture that there is something small on the table which the drop of EP is being dropped on. So I guess it violently reacted with that specific thing on the table. I mean, why would the Great Beings test the thing by pouring it on a table in the first place?

As for why the tube in general is unaffected, it is made of exidian which is the only substance not affected by EP (Donald Duck and the universal solvent, anyone? Ya know, with the diamonds?)

It's not like the drop of EP was dropped only on a table. You can even see from the picture that there is something small on the table which the drop of EP is being dropped on. So I guess it violently reacted with that specific thing on the table. I mean, why would the Great Beings test the thing by pouring it on a table in the first place?

As for why the tube in general is unaffected, it is made of exidian which is the only substance not affected by EP (Donald Duck and the universal solvent, anyone? Ya know, with the diamonds?)

Actually the shadows match up exactly so it would seem it wasn't being dropped on anything but the table itself. But that's just an artist's impression, who knows if "tapping into power" works that way or not. If so, then presumably the tabletop itself must have been made of the needed reactant. Or, a few drops may have been placed on the table and then perhaps the robotic arm hooked up wires "offscreen" before the explosion happened. Or the table itself could be conductive. That portrayal is vague enough that I wouldn't put much stock in it.

And if it's not affected, it has to be a mixture of exsidian with a special unidentified type of solid protodermis (or perhaps solid proto in general, not sure), not pure exsidian.

Technically, they can be any color. there's brown, green, red, blue, silver, etc. I mean, the seas around Metru Nui were protodermis so...

answer your question?

It can't be colored, because in the piraka online animations (and a few of the comics), the crystal vat containing the antidermis used to enslave matoran was green colered, because it had antidermis. If it didn't have antidermis in it, it would be clear. And the zamor bubbles are made out of the same ccrystal as the vats.

2xu8Ptu.png

answer your question?

It can't be colored, because in the piraka online animations (and a few of the comics), the crystal vat containing the antidermis used to enslave matoran was green colered, because it had antidermis. If it didn't have antidermis in it, it would be clear. And the zamor bubbles are made out of the same ccrystal as the vats.

I meant like with artificial coloring, like translucent paint. Obviously it wouldn't be inherent to the crystal or they'd all be the same color.

I personally think that the differing colours are a set-only thing and that they are only meant to match the Inika's blade colours. Otherwise Hahli would be using antidermis spheres. I can not remember very well (so please don't take my word for it), but I think Greg said something about this before, that the actual colour of the Inika's spheres were silver, like those found in the zamor refill packs released at the same time. The gold zamor was Axxon's special stasis zamor (not sure on this one, it could also have been the one that reversed the effects of Hakann and Thok's momentary IMBA status) and I think the black zamor was what Hakann and Thok used to steal Brutaka's power.

answer your question?

I meant like with artificial coloring, like translucent paint. Obviously it wouldn't be inherent to the crystal or they'd all be the same color.

In bionicle legends #1, it says that the bubbles are made of the same crystal as the vats. If that's what you weren't telling me, then I completely misunderstood what you just said.

2xu8Ptu.png

In bionicle legends #1, it says that the bubbles are made of the same crystal as the vats. If that's what you weren't telling me, then I completely misunderstood what you just said.

Sorry if I worded that unclearly. :P I meant, maybe someone painted the Zamor crystal shells that the Inika were using. But more likely it's just a set thing of course.

Also, I wasn't gonna bother saying this but now that I'm posting on this again, in real life the same kind of crystal can have "impurities" in it that naturally color it in various different hues. This might be true even of the same crystal for Zamor and the vats. So the fact that they're the same type of protocrystal doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be the same color. However, most likely they are all clear "naturally", yeah. So any actual coloring (if it's canon, and it sounds like Greg said it isn't) is probably paint.

I bring it up mainly cuz I wonder if people like the idea for an alternate explanation, for fanfics, rather than just trying to pretend they were silver. :shrugs:

LOL! They might lead their elemental energy through these zamors, simple.

Hello and welcome ^^
Bionicle fan and follower from Lublin in Poland. Theoretician, nerd and figure collector. The same goes for Transformers and MLP:FiM and more sophisticated works of science fiction fantasy.
I'd like to be your friend my friends :)
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/butterscotch.pl.

The story is inconsistent on coloring of "glowing things" in general; Onua's energy was portrayed as green in MNOG for example and Whenua's was more of a purplish-white when he helped make the protocage. It's possible it can change according to individual much like eye color is different. But yeah, it does seem a stretch to use those colors for elemental energy for those two. Green for example is about the last color you'd expect for Fire; it's probably there for contrast.

LOL! They might lead their elemental energy through these zamors, simple.

Then why were Jaller's green and Hahli's orange? If LoMN is any indication, Water is blue and Fire is red. (Also, firing elemental energy at Matoran is not a good policy.)

Yes, Jaller's were green, but Hahli's were green as well, not orange. Hmm... I'm trying to think of why they are different colours.... Maybe because the energized protodermis in each reacts differently to impurities in the zamor's make up? That is the most reasonable explanation I can think of :notsure:

I did a Greg hunt on the "impurities" thing and found nothing to directly disprove it. There's this though...

6)The Zamor spheres themselves are transparent, and they assume the colour of the substance they contain. Right?6) Yes 1) All of the Toa Inika figures are carrying energized proto zamors. I realize the colors do not seem to match that, but that is how it is in the story. 6. What color would the EP Zamor spheres be? I've heard blue, but that seems to be the special Zamor containing part of Vezok's power. n6) I would assume silver in the comic

Of course, you all can speculate how the Zamors "assume" that color. I also didn't have enough time to dig through all 400-something past Zamor refrences... :P

Edited by fishers64

Re: airvortex's suggestion, can't believe I didn't consider this before, but the crystal isn't the special exsidian-mixed substance that is immune to EP, and we don't have confirmation (do we?) that other substances can be. So logically the EP might have to transform the crystal in order not to destroy it. So yeah, that might be the best solution; the EP is silver but transforms the crystal to match the color scheme of the weapons of the Toa Inika who were to carry them, as a side effect of transforming them to not be destroyed.

Edited by bonesiii