Rise of the Rockets Discussion Topic

Parugi

Backstory edited, and changed movesets slightly. Uncertain about Fennekin's. Thank you for your patience. ^^;

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Username: Unknownmercury

Name: Jared "Mercury" Winters

Faction: Neutral (Previously did mercenary work for Team Rocket)

Hometown: Snowpoint, Sinnoh

Appearance: Stands 5'5, has straight silver hair to his shoulders, grey eyes, and fair skin. He wears a leather duster over T-shirt and jeans. A scar runs across his right jaw-line, disappearing behind his ear.

Personality: Mercury is antisocial and introverted. For the most part he keeps to himself, preferring to do things alone rather than trust others. He can often be described as cold and calculating, weighing what he says and to whom. He is meticulous in his pursuits, often pushing himself and his pokemon past the point of exhaustion. Despite these traits, he seems to believe in an underlying good in the world, and strives towards a better tomorrow.

Background: Mercury has no memory of his past, having woken up in Fallarbor Town's pokemon center a few months prior to current events. The nurse informed him that he was carried in by a weak-looking Lucario, which then returned its self to a pokeball on his belt.

He had slept for two days after arrival, with the nurse watching over him. The only clues to his identity were his trainer card and a list of dates and locations in his pocket.

As soon as he felt well enough, he got directions and set out for the next location on the list. He got there too late, however, and found that Sootopolis City had been recently destroyed, all of its inhabitants either dead or evacuated.

Mercury is able to use Aura powers to a degree, though he's forgotten most of his training due to post-traumatic amnesia. He is still able to sense auras, with that being deeply ingrained into his mind. As time goes on, he may regain or learn new abilities.

Equipment: None outside of the bare necessities and extra pokeballs.

Pokémon: Lucario, Lapras, Absol, Onix

Species: Lucario

Nickname: Anubis

Trainer: Jared

Appearance: Injuries: A tattered ear and a multitude of smaller scars and cuts across face and body. Other: A white mask over his eyes instead of black.

Personality: Driven, focused, and determined, Anubis seems to know Mercury incredibly well. In battle, Anubis often carries out commands before his trainer can give them.

Ability: Inner Focus

Specialty: Can manipulate aura to mimic other types (in essence, allows for Aura Sphere to act as fire/ice/etc, without reducing base damage).

Known Moves: Aura Sphere, Power-up Punch, Counter, Swords Dance, Foresight, and Bone Rush

Species: Lapras

Nickname: Oggie

Trainer: Jared

Appearance: Larger than average, possibly due to advanced age.

Personality: Calm, gentle, and caring. Lapras does not like to fight and will attempt not to as much as possible

Ability: Shell Armor

Specialty: High defense due to size and Shell Armor.

Known Moves: Sing, Confuse Ray, Safeguard, Rain Dance, Water Gun, and Perish Song

Species: Absol

Nickname: Styx

Trainer: Jared

Appearance: Multiple scars and wounds that leave more black skin than white fur on its body. One of its eyes has been damaged, turning a milky white rather than the usual red.

Personality: Vicious and bloodthirsty, Mercury caught the Absol for his own safety and the safety of others shortly after leaving Fallarbor. The dark-type attacked him and was barely subdued by Anubis. It leaves its ball only rarely, and that is as a last resort. It seems to have been driven mad by all of the recent disasters in the world.

Ability: Justified

Specialty: Has a battle-lust that causes it to become more excited and powerful whenever it takes damage.

Known Moves: Razor Wind, Shadow Rusht, Quick Attack, Sucker Punch, Psycho Cut, Night Slash

Nickname: Stones
Species: Onix (of the Shadow persuasion)
Trainer: Jared "Mercury" Winter
Appearance: The boulders that compose his body are chipped and cracked, and the horn on his head has been broken, ending in a sharp point.
Personality: Being a shadow pokémon, Stones is extremely aggressive and territorial. However, he is willing to take commands in combat, and can be snapped out of his 'Hyper Mode.'
Ability: Rock Head
Specialty: Extremely accurate attacks, due to size.
Known Moves: Shadow Rush, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Rock Tomb, Double Edge

Edited by MELON LORD

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Looks good to me. I would add a caveat or two to Lucario to compensate for the Aura type-changing ability--a decrease in a stat or possibly limiting the Types it can change the attack into--but other than that, I think it's within the realm of possibility. It might even open up some possibilities as the overall human-Aura mechanics continue to develop.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

So in honor of Colette's birthday today, I colored the picture Blade drew of her about a year ago.

Happy Birthday, Colette! ^_^

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Would it be bad form to add myself/my characters to the TV Tropes character pages?

Username: Unknownmercury

Name: Belle "Nightshade" LaDonna

Faction:

Hometown: Pyrite Town, Orre

Appearance: Belle stands 5'11, with a lean, muscular build. Her hair is usually kept in a long, high ponytail and is a deep violet with lighter purple and pink streaks through it. Her eyes are light pink, and her skin is darkly tanned from growing up in the desert region of Orre. She tends towards light clothing, including tank tops and shorts, with shoes meant to stand up to rocky terrain. Over this, she wears a long, billowing cape that stops behind her knees.

Personality: Belle is snide, sarcastic, and uncaring for those around her. She always has her eyes on her next target, her next mission. Her arrogance and bravado are matched only by her patience in tracking and catching rare pokémon. There is little good in her heart, though she does have a small soft spot for young kids, especially orphans.

Background: Belle grew up on the streets of Pyrite Town. From the age of five, when her parents seemed to drop off the face of the planet, she scrounged, stole, and fought for everything she gained in life. She heard about a now-destroyed group known as Team Snagem, who acted much the same as she felt. To get ahead in life, you had to take what you want.

With this attitude, she decided that she would get her hands on a pokémon and use it to help her achieve all of her goals and dreams. A group of poachers passed through Pyrite town when she was nine, trafficking illegally imported pokémon, and she stowed herself in the back of one of their trucks, in the hopes of taking one of the rare, powerful pokémon she'd seen them display.

Unfrotunately, she was caught when they stopped for the night, and they tied her up in the back of said truck while they decided what to do with her. She felt her journey about to reach a violent end. Despite impending death, she refused to go easily. She struggled against her bonds. Whenever one of the team checked on her, she would kick at them and even headbutted one who got too close.

The band left her in place for the night, deciding to handle her in the morning before they started traveling again. It was during this time that she saw the Dratini in the cage directly across from her.

She spoke to it, getting its attention, and asked if it would help her escape. The willful creature nodded the affirmative, and she crawled over to its cage, pressing against the bars so the dragon could chew through her bonds.

In return, she opened its cage and the cages of all the other creatures in the truck. The angry pokémon destroyed the truck and defeated the poachers before dispersing. Belle and the Dratini made their way back to Pyrite Town, where she purchased a pokéball with cash she had taken off of the group.

From that day, she and Dratini battled every day, earning money in the lower-leagues of the Pyrite Colosseum. Dratini eventually evolved into a Dragonair, and the duo left Orre when Belle was 17, looking to collect more rare and powerful pokémon to join them.

Equipment: 10 Pokéballs

3 Potions

Pokémon: Dragonair, Metang, Bagon, Goomy

Species: Dragonair

Nickname: Hemlock

Trainer: Belle LaDonna

Appearance: Slightly longer horn and grey wings on head.

Personality: Spirited and willful, Hemlock is a perfect match for Nightshade's rebellious nature. The two do occasionally butt heads when their stubborn natures rub against each other.

Ability: Shed Skin

Specialty: Speed+, +50% damage from tail based moves

Known Moves: Dragon Dance, Twister, Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail, Dragon Rush, Iron Tail (Egg Move)

Species: Metang

Nickname: Cyanide

Appearance: Has a bright sheen, as of freshly polished steel.

Personality: Eager and excitable, Cyanide enjoys racing with its teammates and showing off its strength.

Ability: Clear Body

Specialty: Attack+, Extra resistance to Dragon-type attacks

Known Moves: Magnet Rise, Confusion, Metal Claw, Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash

Species: Bagon

Nickname: Arsenic

Appearance: The center ridge on its head is a deeper grey than the others.

Personality: Fearless and quick to anger, Arsenic likes to go on the offensive and not let up until the opponent is defeated. Unfortunately, this just as often leads to him losing the fight, as he'll charge through any obstacles or attacks on the way to his enemy.

Ability: Rock Head

Specialty: Attack+

Known Moves: Rage, Ember, Headbutt, Dragon Breath, Bite, Scary Face.

Species: Goomy

Nickname: Buckthorn

Trainer: Belle LaDonna (eventually)

Appearance: Darker purple color overall, the dots on his cheeks are a brown-green rather than the usual shade.

Personality: Goofy and silly outside of battle, but straighten's up when the time comes.

Ability: Hydration

Specialty: Special Defense+

Known Moves: Absorb, Protect, Bide, Dragon Breath, Rain Dance, Body Slam

Edited by MELON LORD

Species: Goomy

Nickname: Buckthorn

Trainer: Belle LaDonna (eventually)

Appearance: Darker purple color overall, the dots on his cheeks are a brown-green rather than the usual shade.

Personality: Goofy and silly outside of battle, but straighten's up when the time comes.

Ability: Hydration

Specialty: Special Defense+

Known Moves: Absorb, Protect, Bide, Dragon Breath, Rain Dance, Body Slam

Edited by Unown Mercury

• 2 weeks later...

Profile can also be found here.

Species: Grotle (male)
Nickname: Maturin
Trainer: Ellen Burks (OT Evan Tierra)
Appearance: The leaves of the bushes on his back look a little more ragged.
Personality: At one time a newcomer, Maturin has easily been accepted into Ellen's team. He remains careful and unyielding, although he is not quite as playful as he was as a Turtwig. Instead he spends time deep in thought, pondering over the tough questions that have recently plagued Ellen. True to the song Ellen once sang, "his thought is slow but always kind."
Ability: Overgrow
Specialty: Counterattacking
Known Moves: Seed Bomb (Egg Move), Razor Leaf Leaf Blade (GM Approved), Crunch, Withdraw, Curse, Tackle
Number of Battles: 7 (Seven (x2), Mt. Pyre Ghosts, "Groudon" (x2), Scar, Bisharp)

Razor Leaf replaced with Leaf Blade

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Username: Unown Mercury

Name: Alma Mason

Faction: Mercenary

Hometown: Pallet Town, Kanto

Appearance: Alma suffers from OCA1 albinism, which has turned her hair and skin completely white, and her eyes blood red. She has a short, slight build, barely topping 4'6" and weighing less than eighty pounds. Her clothing consists of a long, white dress with a red apron. Her hands, clothes, and the ends of her hair are often covered with blood, and her eyes are bloodshot with dark bags under them from many sleepless nights.

Personality: Alma is quiet, obedient to only her master. In the field, she focuses on her target and cuts down anything standing between her and it, whether it be friend or foe. She considers herself and her team to be merely weapons to be wielded against her master's enemies.

Background: James Mason was a scientist  who wished to crate a perfectly obedient soldier, someone who would follow any order without question. His pool of experimental candidates was completely empty until the day his wife died giving birth to their daughter, Alma.

He started conditioning the girl from a young age to be unfazed by things that anyone else recoiled from. Scenes of violence and bloodshed became part of her daily routine, and she soon began to enjoy the sight of blood.

At age four, he started giving her 'missions.' She would go play with other children in town and come home with money and valuables she had taken from other houses. From there, it escalated into torturing and killing small creatures.

Her first subject was a Spinarak that her father had trapped in their back yard. He brought the spider pokémon into the house and gave her a set of knives. She started slow, not entirely sure how to go about killing a creature such as this. The Spinarak lived for two days before finally succumbing to its wounds.

Immediately, he gave her her next victim and told her to kill it quickly. She wasted no time, and it was dead within minutes.

These procedures became routine. Once a month from when she was five to when she was ten, she killed a new subject.

In between her learning about torture and murder, she herself was put through torture sessions. The idea was to desensitize her to pain, so she could keep attacking even as her body failed her. After each session, he would leave her a small medical kit to patch up the worst wounds, teaching her to stave off infection and rot.

Finally, at age ten, she reached the pinnacle of her education. With the help of her father's Haunter, Shadow, she broke out of her room late one night and retrieved the largest knife from the kitchen. She'd never had a human subject before, and so she made sure to learn all she could. It was several hours before James Mason died.

Early the next morning, a mysterious person came to collect her. She was told that she had passed her final test and was ready to be used. The two went to Hoenn, and she was put to work for the next year.

Unfortunately, things in Hoenn went south, and her new master had to relocate back to Kanto, taking Alma along. Since then, she has been in her master's compound, training with her father's old pokémon and learning new, more efficient ways to carry out directives.

Equipment:

Assorted knives (three light throwing knives, two small daggers, one stiletto, one bowie knife, one survival knife)

Snub-nose revolver (six shots, two extra quick-loaders)

Medical kit (suture kit, bandages, iodine, splints, tourniquets)

Five pokéballs

Camping gear (Pup tent, blanket, sleeping bag, pillow)

Pokémon: Gengar, Poochyena, Sableye, Growlithe

Species: Gengar

Nickname: Shadow

Trainer: Alma Mason

Appearance: Is a deeper purple than normal, appearing almost black.

Personality: Shadow is mischievous and enjoys causing trouble. To date, his best prank was helping Alma break out of her room and kill his former master.

Ability: Levitate

Specialty: Shadow can not only inhabit the shadows of objects and creatures, but can move from one shadow to another within a certain range. This makes him an effective infiltrator. Gains additional power in conditions that power up Dusk Balls. No longer weak to Dark-type attacks.

Known Moves: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball, Curse, Shadow Sneak, Hex

Species: Poochyena

Nickname: Howler

Appearance: Has a gold streak running from between his ears down his spine.

Personality: Energetic and playful, Howler revels at the chance to go with Alma and 'play' with people.

Ability: Rattled

Specialty: Howler is extremely fast and has good reflexes. Couple with his small size, this makes him very hard to hit.

Known Moves: Bite, Odor Sleuth, Assurance, Taunt, Fire Fang (Egg move), Thunder Fang (Egg move)

Species: Sableye

Nickname: Garnet

Appearance: The gems in its eyes are rounded and a deep red color. Its left eye has a square facet in the middle, and its right has a triangular one. Its body's coloration is a redder shade of purple than usual. As well, it is much larger than the average Sableye, with disproportionally large hands.

Personality: Calm and collected, Garnet is the one that keeps the rest of the team in check. Despite this, it believes that violence can solve most problems, and is usually the first one to jump into the fray.

Ability: Prankster

Specialty: Physically, Garnet is a tank, able to absorb large amounts of damage and then dish it back with gusto.

Known Moves: Detect, Confuse Ray, Mean Look, Shadow Sneak, Recover (egg move), Foul Play

Species: Rotom

Nickname: Freq

Trainer: Alma Mason

Appearance:  The plasma around its body is a bright purple instead of the normal teal, with its eyes matching.

Personality: As big of a prankster as any Rotom, with a grudge against humans who dishonor the dead. Certain frequencies of music calm it down.

Ability: Levitate

Specialty: Can possess multiple objects on the same circuit, and can overload them, making them short out or, in certain conditions, explode.

Known Moves:  Charge, Discharge, Thunder Shock, Confuse Ray, Uproar, Ominous Wind

Species: Growlithe

Nickname: Cu Chulainn (Or Cuhulain)

Trainer: Alma Mason (Previously owned by Alma's master)

Appearance: Cu is larger than the average Growlithe, with stripes that are much bolder than normal.

Personality: Cu is normally stoic and quiet, having been originally trained to be a guard dog and a police companion. After having his heart closed off, he would fall into fits of agression and violence, though he could be pulled out of them by certain people.

Ability: Intimidate

Specialty: Atk+

Known Moves: Bite, Flame Wheel, Fire Fang, Shadow Rush, Crunch, Retaliate

Edited by MELON LORD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So...

Problem is, Red and Leaf aren't gonna be the main characters. So I need new ones!

So, I thought... What better way to get ideas for a new set of main characters... than by asking you guys? ^^

I'm going to pick one male PC and one female PC that you guys make, and there will be rewards for it too~ (Note: rewards not determined just yet. ^^'') Of course, because these are going to be acting as player characters, there aren't too many options... But, if you guys have ideas for things I missed or left off the edited profile by accident, feel free to add it onto your entry. ^^

That said... Littleroot Town is definitively the hometown for these two~

Name:
Appearance:
Edited by An/A Blade

Name: Darin Michaels
Hometown: Littleroot Town
AppearanceDarin%20Michaels%20Drawing.png

I may as well throw my suggestion into this!

Name: Lyle
Appearance: 5 '8 tall, slightly skinny build. Slightly tanned skin, due to Hoenn's tropical nature. Has dirty blonde hair with hazel eyes. Wears a dark brown cap similar to Xavier's from X/Y. He wears a light yellow T-shirt, over which he wears a dark brown coat, which reaches down to his knees. He wears a pair of white pants with dark brown boots. Carries a light blue messenger bag around.

EDIT: Okay that kinda freaked out.

Here are my PC suggestions for Blade's contest... Also the first to submit a female PC profile.

#3fast5u

Name: Aurelia
Appearance: Aurelia's skin is oddly pale for Hoenn's weather, and she stands at around 5'6 with a slender build. She possesses silver hair and amber-gold eyes, and wears her hair in a ponytail. She wears a solid black tank top, with white gloves that cover up just past her elbows. She also has a white skirt that goes down just halfway before her kneecaps, and black stockings that also just barely reach her knees, with purple dance shoes as well, tied with black lace. Her hair is also further decorated with a purple flower pin. Aurelia's duffel bag is primarily black, with a purple Pokeball symbol on the side, with other markings in that same color.

Name: Rolando
Appearance: Rolando's skin is tanned, and is around 5'8 with a slightly athletic build. His hair is red while his eyes are green, and he wears an orange wide-brimmed hat with a brown belt. He forgoes wearing a shirt, instead wrapping his chest with a sarashi, while wearing a loose-fitting collared orange jacket over it, which reaches halfway down his waist and has very short sleeves, and also has tan stripes running around the edges. In addition, he also wears green fingerless gloves. Rolando also wears tan cargo pants that reach down to his knees, and orange and green athletic shoes. Rolando's backpack is primarily red, with an orange Pokeball symbol on the front, and other orange marks running around it.

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Name: Lana
Appearance:5'6; brown hair that's short in the back and on the sides, but long and shaggy on the top and front; green eyes; slightly tanned skin. Wears a blue button-up shirt opened over a tank-top, khaki shorts (or capris). Has a belt pouch with one large center pocket and two smaller side pockets.

Edited by Unown Mercury

Species: Rotom

Nickname: Freq

Trainer: Alma Mason

Appearance:  The plasma around its body is a bright purple instead of the normal teal, with its eyes matching.

Personality: As big of a prankster as any Rotom, with a grudge against humans who dishonor the dead. Certain frequencies of music calm it down.

Ability: Levitate

Specialty: Can possess multiple objects on the same circuit, and can overload them, making them short out or, in certain conditions, explode.

Known Moves:  Charge, Discharge, Thunder Shock, Confuse Ray, Uproar, Ominous Wind

Edited by Unown Mercury

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo that contest Blade's running.

http://strawpoll.me/5360518

Obviously it'll be ultimately up to her which designs to use but it doesn't hurt to gauge what others think. Oh, and the main rule's up on the poll itself.

I'll open up a poll for names later, if anyone wants it, since I think name and design are the two main factors of the contest? Not sure at this point. xP

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

• 1 month later...

I'll take it up using the... little that we discussed in PM.

Username: Dallior: Rahkshi Lord

Name: Dallior

Faction: Team Plasma

Hometown: Nimbasa City

Appearance: Male, red baseball cap with black Pokeball emblem, black messenger bag, black jeans, blue track jacket, navy blue scarf. Caucasian, shaggy brown hair.

Personality: Very adventurous, headstrong, loves Pokemon

Background: Lived in Castelia City before the Ancient Darkrai attack, escaped to Nimbasa via the Train. Trains in Driftveil City where he found a stray Pignite. He captured a Timburr, which recently evolved into Gurdurr, and an Axew.

Equipment: Pokedex from his late mother, Town Map, Fishing Rod

Pokémon: Pignite, Axew, Gurdurr

Species: Pignite

Nickname: Porky

Trainer: Dallior

Appearance: A normal Pignite, one scar on its left ear

Personality: Very headstrong, wants to beat every challenge, trust issues

Ability: Blaze

Specialty: ?

Known Moves: Ember (egg move) Arm Thrust, Flame Charge, Defense Curl

Species: Axew

Nickname: Axew

Appearance: A cute little dragon.

Personality: Very loving, reluctant to fight, but will defend owner at any cost

Ability: Mold Breaker

Known Moves: Scratch (egg move), Dragon Rage, Dual Chop, Assurance

Species: Gurdurr

Nickname: Punchichu

Appearance: A typical Gurdurr who just evolved

Personality: Very aggressive and willing to fight

Ability: Sheer Force

Known Moves: Bide (egg), Low Kick, Rock Throw, Wake-Up Slap

Also, what is a specialty?

Hey, Dallior, glad to see you're interested in RotR!

A few notes on your profile:

-The "Specialty" section is where you're able to diversify your Pokémon by specifying which attribute/what kinds of attacks they're best/worst at. So Pignite, for instance, could be used as a Physical attacker like in the video games, but in RotR it could also Specialize in Special Attacks or Speed or Support Attacks--that kind of stuff. You can play around with it a bit.

-Regarding moves--two notes:

--You can actually give your Pokémon six moves each instead of four, if you so wish.

--Moves don't need to be marked as Egg Moves unless they are attacks that they can only learn through breeding. So you can remove the "Egg" tags from the three attacks that have them. =)

-Quick correction on Dallior's backstory--the Ancient Darkrai only attacked Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, and thus never had a chance to attack Unova. That being said, Castelia City was heavily damaged by a terrorist attack shortly before the Ancient Darkrai were defeated, so the backstory still works as long as you make sure to chance that detail.

So yeah. I'll check your profile again once you've edited it. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or another player in the RPG. We also have a Skype group and a chat room on Wiki if you want to get involved in that.

And, of course, welcome to the RPG! ^^

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Appearance: Male, red baseball cap with black Pokeball emblem, black messenger bag, black jeans, blue track jacket, navy blue scarf. Caucasian, shaggy brown hair.

Background: Lived in Castelia City before the Ancient Darkrai attack, escaped to Nimbasa via the Train. Trains in Driftveil City where he found a stray Pignite. He captured a Timburr, which recently evolved into Gurdurr, and an Axew.

Known Moves: Ember (egg move) Arm Thrust, Flame Charge, Defense Curl

Known Moves: Scratch (egg move), Dragon Rage, Dual Chop, Assurance

Known Moves: Bide (egg), Low Kick, Rock Throw, Wake-Up Slap

Also, what is a specialty?

Hey, Dallior, glad to see you're interested in RotR!

A few notes on your profile:

-The "Specialty" section is where you're able to diversify your Pokémon by specifying which attribute/what kinds of attacks they're best/worst at. So Pignite, for instance, could be used as a Physical attacker like in the video games, but in RotR it could also Specialize in Special Attacks or Speed or Support Attacks--that kind of stuff. You can play around with it a bit.

-Regarding moves--two notes:

--You can actually give your Pokémon six moves each instead of four, if you so wish.

--Moves don't need to be marked as Egg Moves unless they are attacks that they can only learn through breeding. So you can remove the "Egg" tags from the three attacks that have them. =)

-Quick correction on Dallior's backstory--the Ancient Darkrai only attacked Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, and thus never had a chance to attack Unova. That being said, Castelia City was heavily damaged by a terrorist attack shortly before the Ancient Darkrai were defeated, so the backstory still works as long as you make sure to chance that detail.

So yeah. I'll check your profile again once you've edited it. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or another player in the RPG. We also have a Skype group and a chat room on Wiki if you want to get involved in that.

And, of course, welcome to the RPG! ^^

Ah, let's fix this, shall we? And I'm totally OK with just four moves; makes it easier to manage.

Background: Lived in Castelia City before the terrorist attack, escaped to Nimbasa via the Train. Trains in Driftveil City where he found a stray Pignite. He captured a Timburr, which recently evolved into Gurdurr, and an Axew.

Specialty: Physical attacks

Known Moves: Ember, Arm Thrust, Flame Charge, Defense Curl

Specialty: Ray attacks like Dragon Rage

Known Moves: Scratch, Dragon Rage, Dual Chop, Assurance

Specialty: Physical moves, moves using weapons

Known Moves: Bide, Low Kick, Rock Throw, Wake-Up Slap

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Looks good. I don't have any suggestions on where you can start, but if anyone else has ideas, that'd be great. Otherwise, feel free to do your own thing for now and we can figure out how to get some interactions going as the story continues. =)

Welcome again!

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Welcome to the RPG, Dallior! ^_^

Where is everyone else right now? Let me see if I can get this right.

• There are two groups currently in Lilycove. Liberty Agent Ryan Sanders, Rocket Separatist Ray Hakuda, Plasma Agents Evan Tierra and Jenny Hakuda, Déoza Agent Paul Burks, and neutral trainer Xander Cruize traveled to Lilycove from Fortree, trying to save some friends that got taken by Ford's agents (Ford is the one responsible for the terrorist attack in Castelia). They are planning to travel to Team Liberty's base to recruit an aura wielder who might be able to help in their search.
    • Liberty Agents Zach Hikari and Aspen Seaton, Rocket Agents Ryan Hikari and Olivia Seaton, and neutral trainer Dahlia Seaton, teleported to Lilycove from Celadon following a major attack there (see below). They are currently trying to get to Snowpoint City, although some members of that group may or may not join up with the other Lilycove group.
    • Currently the two groups are mixed and matched between the Department Store, a restaurant, and a battlefield in a park.
  • Liberty Agent Kyle Eston, Rocket Agents Esen Windred and Victoire Coleman, and Magma(ish?) Agent Cero are currently in Kalos fighting a group of people called The Signs. They're currently in the middle of a mission at the Signs Compound, but I'd imagine they'd hang around Kalos for at least a little bit afterwards. I would ask Parugi for more details.
  • Pokémon Ranger Lachina Adaon, Liberty Agent Zac Blazer, and neutral trainer Mercury are currently in Vermilion City and just defeated a group of mysterious people that were hanging around the city's abandoned gym. Belle LaDonna is also there on her own, and apparently Alma Mason just arrived.
  • Richard Apollo and Claus Diamond are currently in Virbank City I think, although we haven't seen them in a while; I would ask Minun for more details.

Other than that, the only major things I can think of are that Sootopolis was recently attacked by a Ditto that transformed into a Groudon, and Celadon was attacked by a rogue Rocket Agent who has since been arrested. I'm not sure if there are still active characters in Celadon other than a bedridden Shannon Willows.

Everyone feel free to add on stuff I forgot or correct anything I might have gotten wrong. And Dallior, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Edited by Konuju

Just to put it out there, I wouldn't suggest trying to get involved in the Kalos plot, at least not at the moment. My aim is to wrap up that situation in my next couple of posts, if not get the entire thing done in my next one.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 2 months later...

Alright, since this accidentally died, I asked Windrider if it was alright to revive it, since we kinda do like the topic when it's not dead.

She approved the revival of the topic, so we can keep talking over RotR related stuff. ^^