Rise of the Rockets Discussion Topic

Parugi

Nickname: Anna

Species: Natu

Trainer: Ryan Hikari

Appearance: No changes

Personality: Anna is rather happy go lucky, and is pretty scatter-brained a lot of the time. However, she is cunning, and can use her powers to catch people off guard.

Ability: Magic Bounce

Specialty: Special Attack +, Speed +

Known Moves: Confuse Ray, Teleport, Future Sight, Psychic (Lowered power)

Somehow this never got made before. xP

So yesterday in the wiki chat we discussed how Evan Tierra's coat is made of Garchomp scales.

Song cue! ^_^

Tierra De Vil

Tierra De Vil

If he doesn’t scare you

His hamminess will

You see him and tell him that he should chill!

Tierra... Tierra...

He’s like a Garchomp or an Exca…DRILL!

Look out for Tierra De Vil!

*Instrumental*

At first you think Tierra’s an ex-space guy

But after time has worn away the shock!

You’ve come to realize

You’ve seen his kind of eyes

Watching you from upon his Garchomp!

This showy character!

This really cool dude!

You know that he’s awesome

He dances swell too!

The world was such a boring place until!

Tierra, Tierra De Vil!

• Upvote 1

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

lol, Oh wow... I cannot believe you actually posted this... man that's epic...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Sorry for the recent lack of Amelia, folks; I'll try to get something up for her once I'm feeling better. :)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

• 4 weeks later...

I reformatted my profile. 

Italics represent current events.

Username: Liuth

Name: Jake Weston

Faction: N/A

Hometown: Nimbasa city

Appearance: The young teenager likes to mold his blonde hair into spikes and wear sunglasses. Jake also likes to wear a leather jacket and tight jeans, along with leather boots. He also has fair skin and green eyes. Overall, Mr. Weston looks like a greaser straight out of the 1950s. 

Personality: Jake can appear to be quite narcissistic to anyone who meets him. However, he holds a certain respect for anyone he believes to be as skilled as him in pokemon battling. The teenager also gets easily smitten for any girl with a pretty face and will often try to hit on them. 

Background: He lived in Nimbasa city since he was a kid. Around the age of 12, he found a ditto that had been abandoned by a thief. Jake adopted it and learnt that the ditto had been trained to slip through small spaces and transform into unevolved pokemon without needing exact replicas. Recently, Jake has taken a vacation to Kanto and found out that a new team named "Team Liberty" is trying to break the rule of Team Rocket. He is currently located in Viridian city, looking for any information on both teams.

Equipment: 

• 10 oran berries
  • 10  regular pokeballs
  • 3 jars of honey
  • 2 escape ropes
  • Leftovers (held by ditto)
  • C-gear

Species: Ditto

Nickname: Mahiki

Trainer: Jake Weston

Appearance: Mahiki doesn't stand out from any other ditto.

Personality: Ditto was trained by a thief to seek out valuables and avoid being caught. As a result, it remains quiet and often camouflages in with his surroundings to avoid being seen. It is also easily distracted by jewelry and will often separate from Jake to go and rob the valuables of passing trainers.

Ability: Imposter

Specialty: With the exception of legendaries and evolved pokemon, Mahiki can transform into any pokemon without needing an exact replica. 

Known Moves: Transform

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Well welcome to the party Liuth. Make sure to get a profile up for your trainer. who knows, maybe you'll come across my character.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Hey, Liuth.

First off, welcome to the game--always good to see a new face around! I'm Parugi, the GM, so if you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me. Alternatively, pretty much any other player is good to go as far as questions and answers. We also have a Wiki for the RPG with an IM chat that you can use to talk directly to anyone, if you're interested--there's almost always someone on, so it's a good way to meet those of us who use it.

Second order of business--profile approved! I was going to comment on Mahiki's ability to transform without a physical subject in front of him, but I see that you added a caveat to that already, so it's all good. I'm especially interested to see where you go with Jake's naivety towards the events in Kanto, particularly the information about Team Liberty, as the group isn't new at this point in the timeline--and the same with Team Rocket, to an extent.

Lastly, as far as current events go--there are a few things going on that I can name off the top of my head:

• Celadon City, Kanto: For lack of a better term, there's a small war going on in Celadon between various factions. A Team Rocket Executive named Hannah Wright (Konuju's character) led an assault on the city in order to get some retroactive revenge on an old childhood rival of hers whose Liberty-aligned parents had helped attack her hometown when she was younger. She's leading an army of Team Rocket Agents and has run into resistance from citizens of Celadon, as well as various other non-Hannah-aligned TR Agents (Ethan Worth, Gavin Braner, Skye Hall--all my characters--and Dack Majors, Konuju's, as well as Jamie Arthur (Minun4) and Lucia Zyther (Blade)), Tower Tycoon Palmer (Konuju), the Seaton Siblings (Aspen, Olivia, and Dahlia, all JiMing's characters), Liberty Agents Zach Hikari (Blade) and James Arthur (Minun4), and others (Luke and Madison, Konuju's characters; Ryan Hikari, Blade's character; and Amelia Zann, Flipz's character).
    • Also in Celadon--part of the battle has been interrupted by a being named Pride (mine), who has kidnapped Hannah Wright, Dack Majors, and Aspen Seaton and brought them to the center of the city in order to combat them. This fight is pretty much locked and cannot be interfered with due to Pride's influence in the area.
  • Dendemille Town, Kalos: Esen Windred (me) and Cero (The Scottish Play's character) are currently figuring out what to do following the kidnapping of Kyle Eston (mine) by a group of poachers. Kyle had released a number of Noibat being held by these people and was subsequently captured by them, and they just recently left the area.
  • Fortree City, Hoenn: Two main events happening here...
    • Gluttony Battle: Ryan Sanders (Konuju) and Ray Hakuda (Blade) are engaged in battle with a man calling himself Gluttony (Hades) on the outskirts of Fortree. Gluttony is specifically targeting Ryan, and like Pride, is part of a larger plot that's going on involving characters based on the Seven Deadly Sins, four of whom have already appeared and been defeated.
    • Maddison Hayes Battle: Hojohsin Agent Maddison Hayes (mine) is engaged in battle with Sonja Baron (mine), Evan Tierra (Hades), and Jenny Hakuda (Blade). Hayes is responsible for bombing Castelia City earlier in the RPG and is a prominent antagonist of the Team Liberty because of that, and she is in the employ of a terrorist known as John Ford (mine.)
  • Alamos Town, Sinnoh: A large group of characters--including Jake Harris (sonyaxe), Arius Jacobson (Ehksidian), Ruth Fishers (JiMing), Elijah Brockway (Grochi), Yugo Doseki (Prowl Nightwolf) and Megan Keita (Gravity)--are investigating a mysterious power outage stemming from a power plant in Alamos Town. So far nothing terribly major has happened, but there's some significant stuff planned for this.
  • Chapel, Kanto: Connected to the events in Celadon City--TR Agent Miriam Shields (Minun4) is working with TR General Emmerich Coleman (mine) to investigate/stop Hannah Wright's attack. Their plan of action thus far is to get in contact with Coleman's father, Shadow Admin Bounty (mine), in order to use his authority to override Wright's orders, as well as temporarily shutting down manual communications in TR base Chapel in order to figure out which of the comm technicians are working with Wright.
  • Sootopolis City, Hoenn: Following a fake-Groudon attack by Hannah Wright, Sootopolis is recovering from the devastation that it has incurred. Characters here include Pokemon Ranger Lachina (JiMing), who is leading the Ranger corps in clean-up and Ellen Burks (Konuju), a girl suffering basically from PTSD following this attack on top of several other atrocities she has seen.

So, yeah. There's a lot happening and a lot that has happened, so I can understand if it's a bit overwhelming. But hopefully we can work out a way to get your character in on current events!

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Actually, as of this post Ellen has left Sootopolis on a submarine-ferry destined for Slateport. Ellen's father, Paul Burks (also my character), is still in Sootopolis, however, and has been looking for his daughter for some time now.

Other than that, great summary, Parugi, and welcome to the RPG, Liuth. ^_^

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Good job posting Shannon's picture before I ever posted her profile, Blade. :P And yes, I'm upgrading Shannon from NPC to an official PC. ^_^

Name: Shannon Willows
Faction: Neutral
Hometown: Ecruteak City
Appearance: Shannon has wavy, dirty-blonde hair that falls about a quarter of the way between her shoulder and elbow. Her hair will occasionally drape over her shoulder and is sometimes adorned with a Butterfree-shaped hairclip in the front and a green bow in the back. She has a smooth face and hazel eyes that reflect her desire for peace. She usually wears a yellow shirt with a black, knee-length skirt, although she will sometimes switch out the skirt for blue jeans, which she pairs with an olive-colored shirt. Shannon also has a dark blue hooded jacket that she wears in cold weather. She wears white and gold tennis shoes with black trim.
Personality: Shannon is a pacifist, and tries to avoid confrontation whenever possible. She is generally happy, and she is a kind, loving person at heart. However, she can appear distant and withdrawn because of her tendency to be left alone. Recent events in Celadon have stirred up memories of her past, which has caused her to spend a lot of time in quiet reflection. As a child she was conceited and snobbish, always comparing herself to her friends. As she matured, she outgrew those traits, but the recent knowledge of how her arrogant attitude affected her friends looms over her like a heavy cloud. She can be stubborn when she makes up her mind, but will relent if she realizes that something is really for the best.
Background: Shannon grew up in the historic city of Ecruteak. Her parents were Liberty agents, and although they were able to afford a relatively large home with their Liberty paychecks, they were often busy with Liberty-related work, so Shannon spent almost all of her time playing with her small group of friends. Shannon took pride in her parents' wealth and status, bragging about them to her friends. Her best friend in the group was a girl named Hannah, who also happened to be her neighbor. As they grew older, their friendship turned into a rivalry. Shannon, with her competitive nature, ended up beating Hannah at almost everything.

Then one day, her parents were relocated to a Liberty outpost in Celadon City, Kanto. With very little warning, Shannon was uprooted from her home and, after a tearful goodbye with her friends, left Ecruteak for good. In Celadon, she quickly found that her peers did not appreciate her conceited attitude and instead shunned her for it. Shannon was shocked and surprised by this, and worked to change her ways, becoming a lot more aware of how her actions affected others.

When Shannon was about 14, her parents were part of a Liberty raid on Ecruteak to try and take out a Rocket outpost. The damage extended beyond the outpost, causing major damage to the historic city. Shannon was devastated to learn her parents had been part of an attack that had practically destroyed the town she had been raised in. She grew distant from her parents, resenting them and anything to do with the Rocket-Liberty War. Whenever her parents weren't gone on missions for Team Liberty she would shut herself in her room, becoming absorbed in her sketches and reading. Even when her parents were gone and she had the whole house to herself, she would spend hours on end sifting through her favorite novels and making new drawings. As a result, she not only grew distant from her parents, but from everyone else as well. The only beings she did not shy away from were her Pokémon, Selena and Sousa, who comforted her as she coped with the knowledge of what her parents had done.
Equipment: Art supplies, sketchbook
Pokémon: Furret (Selena), Dunsparce (Sousa)

Species: Furret (female)
Nickname: Selena
Trainer: Shannon Willows
Appearance: A little smaller than most Furret
Personality: Selena is hopeful, playful, and loveable. She enjoys cuddling up in Shannon’s arms, playing with balls of yarn, and when she’s especially bored, chasing her long tail. However, when Shannon is in danger, she will not hesitate in battle. She is surprisingly strong for someone so playful, and her opponents are often caught off guard by her hidden strength.
Ability: Keen Eye
Specialty: Selena is very quick on her feet, always scampering about. She can also be powerful in battle, but only uses her full strength when she really needs to.
Known Moves: Slam, Follow Me, Headbutt, Hyper Voice, Charm, Helping Hand
Number of Battles: 0

Species: Dunsparce (male)
Nickname: Sousa
Appearance: Sousa’s wings are a little bigger than most Dunsparce, but otherwise he is the same as others of his species
Personality: Sousa is shy and timid. He does not like to battle, and is uncomfortable around other people besides Shannon and Selena. When he gets scared, he will cower at Shannon’s feet, or else burrow into the ground and hide. However, deep down he is extremely loyal and wants to protect Shannon. He tries to be brave for her sake.
Ability: Rattled
Specialty: Sousa may be timid, but he is able to withstand a lot of damage in battle thanks to his high defense and special defense.
Known Moves: Yawn, Dig, Defense Curl, Take Down, Rage, Bide (egg move)

Species: Eevee (male)
Nickname: Salix
Appearance: Salix is smaller than the average Eevee and doesn't have quite as much neck fur.
Personality: Salix is a newborn Eevee and is highly curious about the world. When he isn't napping, he loves meeting new people and exploring new places, which more often than not leads to troublesome antics. While Sousa often tries to keep him out of trouble, Selena might be having a bad influence on Salix, as her playfulness only encourages him to neglect what little judgement he has.
Ability: Adaptability
Specialty: Salix seems to specialize in getting himself tangled up in bedsheets, yarn, or whatever else he happens to be playing in. He has never been in a battle before, so it's impossible to say what fighting specialty he might have.
Known Moves: Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Baby-Doll Eyes, Charm, Quick Attack, Bite

Also, while I'm at it, I might as well post this executive profile for Hannah, which was pre-approved by Parugi over a year ago now. Wow, time flies.

Name: Hannah Wright
Faction: Team Rocket
Hometown: Ecruteak City, Johto
Appearance: Hannah is somewhat tall and has dark brown hair and brown eyes. She is often seen wearing her Rocket Executive uniform, a close-fitting black jumpsuit with red streaks (and maybe a few white streaks) similar to her Staraptor's coloration.
Personality: Hannah is a compulsive rule-follower. She does nearly everything by the book and can be very patient. At first glance, she seems to be the perfect Rocket agent: one who follows orders without question and never causes disruptions. However, her biggest peeve is when she does not receive the recognition she feels she deserves. She has been very careful about her reputation within Team Rocket, so most of her colleagues don't realize that she won't hesitate to break a rule if she feels justified in doing so.
Background: Hannah grew up in the historic city of Ecruteak, where she spent almost all of her time playing with her small group of friends. Among the group, her best friend was a girl named Shannon, who also happened to be her neighbor. As they grew older, their friendship became more of a rivalry, with Shannon beating Hannah at almost everything. Anytime Hannah made an accomplishment, Shannon would one-up her with something better. When Shannon's family moved away to Celadon City, Hannah was initially relieved, as the other girls in the group would stop comparing her to Shannon. But try as she might, she could never surpass the reputation Shannon had amongst the other girls.

When Hannah was about 14, there was a Team Liberty raid on Ecruteak to try and take out a Rocket outpost. But the damage extended beyond the outpost and many parts of the historic city suffered significant damage. Hannah and her group of friends had known that Shannon's parents were Liberty agents (supposedly high-ranking, but Shannon could have been exaggerating). After the Liberty attack, rumor spread among the girls that Shannon's parents had been part of the raid. Like any rumor, the story started with one of her parents being briefly spotted among the Liberty agents, but within weeks it had grown to both parents commanding the entire army.

Hannah was furious at living under Shannon's shadow. Within a few short years, she had joined Team Rocket, nurturing the wild dream of one day leading her own raid on Celadon to prove that she was better than Shannon. However, Hannah knew she could not climb in rank without strictly following Team Rocket's rules and guidelines. And so she followed her orders word-for-word and soon gained a reputation for never placing a toe out of line. She quickly climbed the "corporate ladder" so to speak, and was eventually relocated to Purgatory, Team Rocket's Sinnoh base.

When she finally reached Executive status, and was given access to an entire army of lower-ranking agents, Hannah thought her dreams had finally come to fruition. But then the Ancient Darkrai were defeated, and Team Rocket and Team Liberty's leaders announced a ceasefire. With the war on hold, Hannah was not allowed to lead her attack on Celadon. For six months she waited patiently. But there was no end in sight to the temporary peacetime. And so Hannah decided to take things into her own hands. She craftily forged Team Liberty attacks on Snowpoint and Sootopolis, hoping to disrupt the peace so she could finally have her moment of glory...
Pokémon: Staraptor, Ditto, Gardevoir, Rapidash, Noivern

Species: Staraptor (male)
Nickname: none
Trainer: Hannah Wright
Appearance: Larger than most Staraptor; big enough for a fully grown human to comfortably ride on its back
Personality: Staraptor was Hannah's first Pokémon. He is ruthless in battle and is very adamant. Oftentimes after a battle he will spend hours cleaning his ruffled feathers so they maintain their sleek look. Hannah will often fly on his back to get from place to place.
Ability: Reckless
Specialty: He has an exceptionally high attack and will not hesitate in battle
Known Moves: Aerial Ace, Take Down, Close Combat, Brave Bird, Giga Impact (TM move), Revenge (egg move)

Species: Ditto (male)
Appearance: Its body is more pink than purple
Personality: Ditto is full of mischief and loves to play tricks. He could be described as sly and impish.
Ability: Imposter
Specialty: Ditto has a powerful memory and can use this to transform into a perfect replica of any Pokémon he has previously seen, regardless of whether or not said Pokémon is actually present. The downside of this is that Ditto is rarely able to copy a Pokémon's moves without that Pokémon being directly in front of him. He can also be used to disguise Hannah.
Known Moves: Transform

Species: Gardevoir (female)
Appearance: Same as a normal Gardevoir
Personality: Having been with Hannah since being a Ralts, Gardevoir has developed a close bond with her trainer. Like Hannah, Gardevoir has a serious demeanor that can come off as cold. However, she truly cares for Hannah and will do all within her powers to keep her safe.
Ability: Synchronize
Specialty: Gardevoir excels in special defense
Known Moves: Teleport, Wish, Psychic, Shadow Ball (TM move), Thunderbolt (TM move), Destiny Bond (egg move)

Species: Rapidash
Appearance: Same as a normal Rapidash
Personality: Always quick to charge into battle, Rapidash is a powerful Pokémon, and she knows it. Her rash attack-first-ask-questions-later attitude can get her into trouble, but her nimble movements and brute strength can get her out of almost any situation.
Ability: Flash Fire
Specialty: Rapidash is fast. Very fast. She was bred from two of the fastest race horses, and had she taken the same career, she might have surpassed both her parents. Instead, she uses her natural speed to give her the edge in battle.
Known Moves: Megahorn, Flamethrower (TM move), Inferno, Take Down, Bounce, Wild Charge (TM "egg move")

Species: Noivern (male)
Appearance: His white mane is thicker in the front and not as thick in the back
Personality: For being a Pokémon related to sound, Noivern is a rather quiet Pokémon. He often keeps to himself, but when his enormous ears sense danger, he can be ruthless in battle.
Ability: Infiltrator
Specialty: Apart from the ultrasonic waves he emits, which are too high a frequency for human ears, Noivern can fly almost silently. He also has a strong special attack, which makes him all the more fearsome when he sneaks up on his enemies in the dark.
Known Moves: Boomburst, Razor Wind, Dragon Pulse, Supersonic, Dark Pulse (TM move), Tailwind (egg move)

Edited by Konuju

So if you have a character in the Alamos Power plant I am calling you out. So far only two of us have posted going into the plant itself. Unless I missed something the rest of you need to brave the latter and get your trainer butts in here. We and our two Charmanders are getting lonely...

Onua.png

And batch two:

Olivia

Shannon take 2

Happy birthday, Shannon. =P

/EDIT: Also, Shannon approved, since I forgot that she wasn't pre-approved. >>'

First things first, thank you thank you thank you Olivia is just adorable. ^^ Turned out really well imo~

Secondly, congratulations Kon, Shannon's been getting the special treatment lately, but I'm just guessing that's cause it's her birthday and all. =P

So if you have a character in the Alamos Power plant I am calling you out. So far only two of us have posted going into the plant itself. Unless I missed something the rest of you need to brave the latter and get your trainer butts in here. We and our two Charmanders are getting lonely...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...... Getting that done. Or at least, actually making an attempt to.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I have a Charmeleon...

You do? My bad...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...... Getting that done. Or at least, actually making an attempt to.

Looks like the attempt succeeded. Welcome to the party.

EDIT: April 26th, 2015:

Yeah wasn't sure if Double Posting was allowed in here regardless of time laps between posts. Just wanted to know if I need to post a new Pokémon's Profile here for approval prior to posting in the RP trying to capture it? If so here it is so far.

Species: Joltik595.png

EXP (000)

Nickname ---- Voltia ( Inspired from JiMing)

Trainer ----- Yugo Doseki

Gender ------ Female

Captured ---- premierball.png

Joltik was captured while Yugo was exploring the Alamos Power Plant with some other trainers. He captured her in one of his families Premier Balls.

Appearance --

This specimen of Joltik does not appear to be any different than you average variety. It is only about 5 inches in size and has a yellow fur coat and blue tips for feet. Her eyes are also a vibrant shade of blue.

Personality -

Abilities --- Swarm -

Voltia bug type attacks become more powerful the more she is injured.

Specialty ---

Held Item --- razorfang.pngRazor Fang

A sharp fang that could make the opponent flinch when struck.

Attacks -----

1) Leach Life - Bug

2) Bug Bite - Bug

3) Thunder Wave - Electric

4) Spider Web - Bug

5) Cross Poison - Poison (Egg)

So what does everyone think?

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...

Happy 5th anniversary, RotR!

As part of our annual celebrations, everyone gets a reward point! Woo!

I also have some writing prompts for anyone interested in doing some extra writing for the RPG! These are as follows!

1. Pick a scene from one of your posts--or just a scene from RotR in general--and rewrite it.
2. Write a scene in which two characters who haven't met before meet each other. 
3. Write a backstory scene of something that happened in one of your character's past.
4. Write a "What if?" scenario about something that could have happened in the story given different circumstances.
5. Write a scene involving your own interpretation of a character who has been named, but has not appeared in-story (or one that has been dropped/hasn't appeared that often/one who you don't know a lot about).

Alternatively you can mix and match any of these to do your own thing. : P At any rate, final results can be posted here or possibly in an RotR Side Stories thread if it turns out that we can make something like that. :D

I'll also edit in a more speechy message about the past five years here at some point, maybs, so that this doesn't feel like such a flat celebration. : P

But yeah. Good job, everyone! Here's to another year!
Edited by Apears

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Really? So what do we do with these Points? Post them in our Profiles somewhere?

Onua.png

Definitely take note of them and keep track of how many you have--doesn't have to be in your profile, but just somewhere where you can check if you decide you want to use one. As for their use--you can "exchange" them for a number of things. Most often they're used to allow a player's Pokémon to evolve more quickly, but they can also be used to give your character up to 3 TMs, they can be used to create an character if you're at the limit, Aura characters can use them to advance their Aura abilities, you can use them to capture two Pokémon at once, etc.

There are a lot of possibilities--kind of just depends on what you want to do. =)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

If I wasn't stuck on this blasted Amelia post, I could potentially knock out two or three of those challenges at once. :-P

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Oh I could use some TMs. Some of the attacks I wanted for my Pokémon are sadly TMs. So guess since the topic is brought up. What TMs could one get and are they single use or are they updated like the games where a TM is not consumed.

Evolve... like stone evolution? Prowl is down with that.

Onua.png

Not just a stone evolution. The reward points can simply take the form of an EXP boost to give any Pokémon however many EXP points they need to evolve. For example, you could use your point on Airazor to bring her up to 7 EXP and evolve her into a Pidgeotto. I typically wait until a Pokémon is just one or two EXP away from a natural evolution before using a reward point, usually whenever it makes sense in the plot for the evolution to happen, but that's just my opinion.

Opinions are allowed. Do have a question though... Why wait until you are only a point or two away? I mean if you are only a point or two away just earn them points. Unless there is already a set value you can get from reward points? So using it then would bring you even closer to the possible next evolution if it has one.

EDIT: Just finished up my Battle with the Joltik.
http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/282-rpg-pokémon-rise-of-the-rockets/?p=923149
Looking to hopefully get some EXP for Airazor and Sandslash for the battle(how much?). Not sure if Spitfire gets any because even though he was supplying light he did not actually battle. Also need to know if the battle was acceptable to be allowed to capture the Joltik. If not I can battle it a bit more and use an additional Pokéball.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

You're right, my method doesn't make much sense. :P The strategic thing to do would be to wait until the first evolution happens, then use a reward point to jump straight to the second evolution. However, while there's nothing that says you can't do something like that, it doesn't make much sense story-wise unless it's a stone- or item- or trade-evolution, and even then it sort of feels like cheating the system.

Simply put, it's the journey that counts. In my opinion it's much more rewarding to make it through all those battles and enjoy the time in the earlier stages than to jump the gun and dive straight to the latter stages. I also like to time my evolutions at key points in character development (of either the Pokémon, the trainer, or both), as they do represent a milestone in physical development or power. Of course that's not to say that a fully evolved Pokémon can't continue to develop (I keep forgetting about that upgrading moves every so many EXP rule) but evolution just helps to emphasize that point. Maybe I just watched too much Digimon as a kid. :P

On a similar note, I think that's the reason I tend to shy away from using unevolving Pokémon. Out of all my characters I only have four Pokémon that don't evolve, three of which belong to characters that aren't as much of a main focus. There's Skarmory and Torkoal, which belong to Ellen's father, and the Ditto belonging to Executive Hannah Wright. Both Hannah and Ellen's father act more as foils to Dack and Ellen, respectively (Hannah to a lesser extent than Mr. Burks). Only recently have I branched out to giving a main character an unevolving Pokémon, in the form of Shannon's Dunsparce. Fun fact: I'd considered giving Ryan a Mawile but opted to give him a Misdreavus instead.

Also, for your battle, Airazor and Sandslash should each get 1 EXP. Joltik gets 2 EXP, because she fought two Pokémon. And since Blade approved Joltik's profile, you're free to go ahead and capture it.

Edited by Konuju

Well need I point out Ash's Charizard who evolved so fast and due to a need to combat a desired opponent(Areodactyl). So story wise I guess a rapid series of evolution could still work. On the subject still, does a Pokémon have to evolve once it reaches the suggested exp level (You mentioned 7 for Airazor)? Or does that level mean that one could evolve at any time after that. For example using Airazor as another example with the aid of Ash's Charizard: Could the evolution happen in or out of battle based on a need? Like for further example Airazor reaches 7 exp allowing for her to evolve. Yet story wise I want to keep her a pidgy so I don't post her evolving. Well down the way even though she hasn't gotten any more exp; Or maybe she has depending on interactions; could she evolve randomly or is there a hard and fast rule that says only after receiving exp? So if she does not evolve at 7 exp I have to wait until she gets 8+.

Thanks for letting me know about the added values for exp. I'll add them in to my Profile after I capture Joltik... :D

Onua.png

Evolution can happen any time after reaching the necessary amount of EXP. So you don't need to do it immediately and you don't necessarily have to do it during a battle/other situation where that particular Pokémon gains any extra experience.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Cool, good to know. Thanks much...

PS:
Yay!! :happydance: :hyper:
I got a new Pokémon... Or I will after somebody else posts so that I can post the capture.

Onua.png

You're right, my method doesn't make much sense. :P The strategic thing to do would be to wait until the first evolution happens, then use a reward point to jump straight to the second evolution. However, while there's nothing that says you can't do something like that, it doesn't make much sense story-wise unless it's a stone- or item- or trade-evolution, and even then it sort of feels like cheating the system.

Simply put, it's the journey that counts. In my opinion it's much more rewarding to make it through all those battles and enjoy the time in the earlier stages than to jump the gun and dive straight to the latter stages. I also like to time my evolutions at key points in character development (of either the Pokémon, the trainer, or both), as they do represent a milestone in physical development or power. Of course that's not to say that a fully evolved Pokémon can't continue to develop (I keep forgetting about that upgrading moves every so many EXP rule) but evolution just helps to emphasize that point. Maybe I just watched too much Digimon as a kid. :P

On a similar note, I think that's the reason I tend to shy away from using unevolving Pokémon. Out of all my characters I only have four Pokémon that don't evolve, three of which belong to characters that aren't as much of a main focus. There's Skarmory and Torkoal, which belong to Ellen's father, and the Ditto belonging to Executive Hannah Wright. Both Hannah and Ellen's father act more as foils to Dack and Ellen, respectively (Hannah to a lesser extent than Mr. Burks). Only recently have I branched out to giving a main character an unevolving Pokémon, in the form of Shannon's Dunsparce. Fun fact: I'd considered giving Ryan a Mawile but opted to give him a Misdreavus instead.

Also, for your battle, Airazor and Sandslash should each get 1 EXP. Joltik gets 2 EXP, because she fought two Pokémon. And since Blade approved Joltik's profile, you're free to go ahead and capture it.

Gotta say, I like that Shannon's two Pokémon are ones that aren't generally considered to have a lot of combat potential--and bonus points for it seeming like that was an intentional choice on her part. :)

• 1 month later...

Nickname: Kamina
Species: Serperior
Trainer: Zach
Appearance: The 'monocle' from being a Snivy is now in the shape of triangle-shaped glasses.
Personality: This Serperior acts like what you'd expect a Serperior to typically be from it's looks... This Serperior is smug. However, even with his smugness, he's still relatively Mild, and doesn't boast that all the time. However, that was the first thing that Zach noticed about Snivy, which is why he initially got the nickname "Smugleaf".
With the Serperior's first evolution, however, he's definitely gotten more confident; and while still mild, is totally willing to be overconfident at times. As of his final evolution, however, he's gotten so overconfident and smug that he searches for times to fight - and proves his strength more now.
Ability: Contrary
Specialty: +Speed, +Special Attack, +Attack
Known Moves: Leaf Blade, Leer, Natural Gift(EGG), Leaf Storm, Wring Out, Slam

Leaf Tornado > Leaf Storm

• 2 weeks later...

Username: Unknownmercury

Name: Alexander "Xander" Cruize

Faction: Team Liberty (Field Agent)

Hometown: Lumiose City, Kalos

Appearance: Standing 5'8 (172 cm), Xander has a wiry build, shaggy black hair, blue eyes, and the kind of tan that one gets traveling around a lot. His clothing tends towards comfortable and practical over stylish: sturdy jeans, heavy boots, and shirts and jackets for all sorts of weather conditions.

Personality: Professor Sycamore taught Xander the three C's: Compassion, Confidence, and Contemplation, but these are balanced by his stubbornness, naivety, and occasional bouts of impulsiveness. Recent events have made him slightly bitter and cynical.

Background: Xander was only 6 when he first heard about Team Rocket and understood what they were. With the Team Flare incident still fresh in mind, the young child made a vow that when he grew up, he would do everything he could to stop bad people wherever they arose.

At age 8, Xander helped to save a young Ralts from a vicious Mightyena. Though the psychic-type lost her left arm, Xander was able to nurse her back to health, forming a strong bond with her as he did. This Ralts would be the first pokemon he took when he became a real trainer.

The two trained under Professor Sycamore with a small group of other children and pokemon.

At age 10, Xander began traveling through Kalos to collect gym badges, and eventually went on to challenge the Elite Four, defeating three of them before being defeated. At age 13, he and Sylph went to train in seclusion for three years.

After those three years, they emerged more powerful and confident in their abilities. Xander was gifted a Fennekin and an Eevee by Professor Sycamore, and then he sailed away from home in search of Team Liberty.

Pokémon: Gardevoir, Braixen, Umbreon, Starmie, Meowstic

Species: Gardevoir

Nickname: Sylph

Trainer: Xander Cruize

Appearance: Missing left arm (lost in an incident involving Mightyena when still a Ralts.)

Personality: Sylph is timid around most people, though she trusts her trainer and his judgement of others. While she may not be completely comfortable around most, she will still attempt to be friendly after getting to know them. She has bloomed recently and is comfortable enough with Xander's friends to be on the snarky side.

Ability: Trace

Specialty: Speed, Larger area or more powerful attacks, Access to Human Psionics, Natural Telepathy (Allows Telepathy along with Synchronize or Trace)

Known Moves: Psychic, Teleport, Heal Pulse, Imprison, Dazzling Gleam, Moon Blast

Species: Braixen

Nickname: Vixen

Trainer: Xander Cruize

Appearance: Upon evolution, the dot on her forehead has grown larger. She uses a staff rather than a wand.

Personality: As playful as ever, Vixen's also become a bit more mischievous and bratty than before.

Ability: Blaze

Specialty: Special Attack+, Uses staff to increase physical attack power.

Known Moves: Scratch, Light Screen, Flame Charge, Psybeam, Sunny Day, Flamethrower

Species: Umbreon

Nickname: Ellen

Appearance: Retains the ruff around her neck from her previous evolution.

Personality: Ellen has become a bit more withdrawn since evolving, but she still cares deeply for her friends and will do whatever she can to help them.

Ability: Synchronize

Specialty: Special Atk+, Can intercept attacks for her teammates.

Known Moves: Helping Hand, Tackle, Pursuit, Last Resort, Assurance, Moonlight

Species: Starmie

Nickname: Astraea

Appearance: Gem is a red-orange rather than red.

Personality: Astraea has become slightly more proactive after evolution.

Ability: Analytic

Specialty: Counter Attacks+

Known Moves: Hydro Pump, Rapid Spin, Camouflage, Power Gem, Gyro Ball, Swift

Species: Meowstic

Nickname: Psyka

Appearance: Her eyes are a vibrant blue.

Personality: Still standoffish, though she's learned how to coordinate with her teammates.

Ability: Infiltrator

Specialty: Critical attacks, Flanking opponents

Known Moves: Psychic, Psybeam, Future Sight, Disarming Voice, Charge Beam, Light Screen

Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Hi, and welcome to RotR!

Your profile's approved. I do have two notes for it, thought:

1. The move limit per Pokémon is actually six here instead of four, so if you want to add additional attacks to their movesets, feel free to.

2. You mention Lysandre in Xander's backstory, so it bears mentioning--the events of X and Y happened anywhere from 10 to 18 years ago in RotR's timeline (and did not involve Mega Evolution, unrelated side note), so unfortunately Lysandre is either dead or (assuming he was made immortal as implied in the games) likely buried beneath Kalos or imprisoned. In any case, he's unlikely to be in a position of being able to give Pokémon to people, so that's something I would adjust.

Other than that, everything looks good to go. If you have any questions, feel free to PM someone or post them here. We also have a Skype chat and a chatroom on the Wiki that's pretty active, if you want to use either of those. ^^

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Before I edit my post to alter backstory etc., I would like to know if we're using the Gen 6 movesets for pokemon such as Gardevoir (Who gets Dazzling Gleam, Moon Blast, and other such fairy type moves.)

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.