Rise of the Rockets Discussion Topic

Parugi

Update to Aspen's Appearance:

Appearance: After rescuing Dahlia, Aspen's outfit has gone a major overhaul. He has discarded his white hat as his signature accessory in favor of a teal scarf with white patterns, a gift from Dahlia. Without his hat to muss it up, Aspen's black hair is not nearly as messy as it once was. Aspen has also gotten rid of his jacket and t-shirt, replacing it with a cool grey longsleeved button up shirt, with a collar and cuffed sleeves, both of which he folds back. Aspen's new pair of jeans are a much darker shade of blue, and they fit his legs much better than his previous baggy pair. Among the most major additions to his outfit, Aspen now wears a pair of glasses with rectangular lenses and rimmed with black plastic. The glasses appear to magnify Aspen's hazel eyes somewhat, and add an intelligent edge to them as well. Despite these changes, Aspen has kept his white and red running shoes. Overall, Aspen's new outfit is much sleeker and sharper than his previous casual attire, and highlight his somewhat lanky frame much more than his old baggy clothes. Aspen stands at 5'8. He carries a burgundy backpack with black straps.

Update to Dahlia's Appearance:

Appearance: After returning from being rescued, Dahlia has switched out her outfit. She now wears a forest green vest over a pink t-shirt. She wears a similar pair of jeans, about the same size and color as her previous one. She has also added a straw sun hat to her outfit, decorated with (fittingly) a pink Dahlia. She has also kept her brown boat shoes. Overall, Dahlia's outfit is very similar to her previous one, still very simple, though her new are a bit more colorful. Her eyes don't exactly have their previous happiness, but they contain the same kindness they always had. Dahlia stands at 5'10. She carries a light tan backpack with various flower patterns.
Update to Olivia's Appearance:
Appearance: After returning home, Olivia's outfit has undergone a major overhaul. In place of her longsleeved shirt, Olivia now wears a light red tank top. Instead of her loose fitting shorts, Olivia now wears much tighter-fitting bike shorts, which are black with two white stripes beside each other running down the sides. And finally, her black hiking boots have been replaced by a pair of white athletic shoes with green highlights. Additions include a pair of black fingerless gloves, and a white visor. She still keeps her red hair back in a ponytail. Overall, Olivia's new outfit is much sleeker than her previous one, and highly athletic. Olivia stands at 6'0. She carries black backpack with grey stripes on the straps
Edited by Edea Lee

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I'm back for a round of twenty - er, three questions:

1. "Where's the activity?,"

2. "Is Team Magma dead yet?,"

and

3. "Will I stay in this game till the bitter end?"

Also, a recap would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Can reward points be gifted?

Edited by Xenophilic Zeno

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

1. The activity is taking exams, it must get over 50% to be able to return to being a thing that happens. =P

2. Not yet, that has taken a break due to everyone but me getting busy. xP

3. Sure. =P

Recap:

There have been Pokemon Trainers known as the 'sins' who have been appearing; so far Wrath, Envy, Lust, and Greed have shown up, and the battles between the latter two are still ongoing.

There is a group called 'Team Zephyr' causing trouble in Celadon Department Store, which four Rocket members are handling rather amusingly so far, since the team is so incompetent they're good.

There is stuff happening in Cianwood regarding Lieutenant Surge, Sabrina, and Koga. Esen Windred, the daughter of Ace, has appeared, along with Silvermind, Jayron, and Cyan.

There have been other miscellaneous player-based events as well, and I forget if there's anything else that's happened recently too.

I also made a fairly recent recap here. ^_^

Also, although Team Magma isn't dead yet, Déoza seems to have their eye on them. The most recent stuff regarding Team Magma's potential demise can be seen in the second IC of this post.

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Sorry I've been inactive, some other projects have reared their heads now that I have time to do them. I'll try and get a little more active again in the next couple of days. :)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

• 3 weeks later...

First post updated with all of the current teasers.

Also, some of you may have noticed that I've changed the way that I'm keeping track of my own Pokémon--keeping only the six or seven currently on a team in the character's profile. Fear not--the rest are stored away elsewhere and will be edited in or out to reflect the character's in-game team from now on. If anyone finds that they, too, have too many Pokémon to keep track of in a single post, feel free to do the same as I have. =)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Here is a mon, that Jamie is gonna want to have. She will hopefully get him in the next post I post.

Species: Shellder

Nickname: Bedevere

Trainer: Jamie Arthur

Appearance: Bedevere is a lighter shade of blue than other Shellder,

Personality: Bedevere is a Naughty Pokémon who loves to fight, loves to mess around, and loves to listen or partake in anything involving black magic.

Ability: Skill Link

Specialty: Bedevere prefers to take to the offense and hit hard but is found of field manipulation at times.

Known Moves: Shell Smash, Icicle Spear, Razor Shell, Whirlpool, Withdraw, Rock Blast (Egg Move, lacks adequate control over it)

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Species: Clawitzer

Nickname: Claraga

Trainer: Lucia

Appearance: The twig from her first form has become a reed, however, otherwise the same.

Personality: While still a ditz at times, Claraga is a force to be reckoned with, as she can fight much better than as a Clauncher, and not act as silly in the heat of the moment.

Ability: Mega Launcher

Specialty: Special attack enhanced, plus Special Defence, attack is lowered.

Known Moves: BubbleBeam, Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Heal Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse

EXP: 7

Species: Magikarp

Nickname: Skulkraken

Trainer: Colette

Appearance: No difference

Personality: Skulkraken is a nice Magikarp. He likes to let others train on him. So he is rather disappointed when everyone hates him. But he found nice person! He likes Colette. He helped her train. He followed her across an ocean. He was overjoyed when Colette finally stuck up for him and caught him. He is now her best friend.

Ability: Swift Swim

Specialty: Attack +

Known Moves: Splash, Tackle, Flail, Bounce

Edited by Colette Llyan

Species: Slowking
Nickname: Grummore (and Pellinore)
Trainer: Jamie Arthur
Appearance: He has a green ring around his tail and his crown his a blue gem, and is a darker shade of grey than others.
Personality: Grummore is both bold and intelligent and hates bullying. He used to have a problem with registering events long after they had passed. Now he has the exact opposite problem. He calculates things so fast, that in the heat of battle he is a hundred moves ahead and somewhat shuts-down out of surprise if his opponent does something unexpected. Pellinore is self-aggrandizing piece of headwear that adorns Grummore's head. The two consciousness are in flux over who controls the mind, but Grummore has the far stronger will.
Ability: Regenerator
Specialty: Now much more able to react to events, Grummore can take to the offensive better with special attacks, particularly Psychic, and can use it to calculate probable positioning. Still capable at absorbing hits and Healing. Still physically slow, if not mentally, though arguments with Pellinore can distract him. Also if his health gets too low, he runs the chance of Pellinore taking the dominant place in the mind. If this happens, offensive capabilities (especially Water moves) gain greater potency, but loses the ability to heal.
Known Moves: Heal Pulse, Psychic, Water Pulse, Yawn, Disable, Zen Headbutt
Battle Count: 7

Also would it be possible for me to upgrade Zen Headbutt to Future Sight? Because Future Sight would be perfect, but its an egg move.

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

After much work on me making these, I finally made them.

Username: Ricardo Mason

Name: Maxilus 'Dandy' Sarukai

Faction: Neutral

Hometown: Shamouti Islands

Appearance: Here

Personality: He's a block headed bounty hunter that was a hatred for the Rockets. He's a pretty 'dandy' guy to hang out with when he's not on the job for somebody. He likes to party, chat, and possibly flirt around a bit. Though he takes his work seriously and hates to lose the job he is given by someone, just anyone hates losing a Pokemon match. 

Background: Born to the parents of a small time Pokemon trainers on Shamounti, Maxilus doesn't know a whole lot about his early youth. When the war broke out, his parents joined Team Liberty to oppress the rule of the Rockets. Most of his life that time, he was alone or under the care of the orphanage in the island. When he was about 7, the lady running the orphanage told his parents had died. He knew who was responsible for the murder, and vowed to take revenge on a way they would never expect.

When he was 15, he ran away from the orphanage and became a bounty hunter. But before he started, he needed to train himself in mastering Pokemon. A whole year he wasted trying to catch the right Pokemon that suited him best for what he will endure in the future. Once he finally found his Pokemon and trained them, he began his work as a Bounty Hunter. He works for anyone willing to pay for his services for whatever task is needed. Though because he is bent on taking revenge on the Rockets, he erased all records of his old name and history. He is now a ghost of the war between the Rockets and Liberty.

Species: Barbarcle

Nickname: Razorface

Trainer: Maximus 'Dandy' Sarukai

Appearance: a regular Barbarcle but with a scared and more sharper clawed face

Personality: Razorface stands by Maximus all the time and is rather a closed and locked book to anyone but him.

Ability: Tough Claws

Specialty: Attack

Known Moves: Stone Edge, Razor Shell, Cross Chop, Night Slash, Shell Smash, Skull Bash

Species: Joltik

Nickname: Click

Trainer: Maxilus 'Dandy' Sarukai

Appearance: A purple Joltik bug with green eyes

Personality: He's a very playful Joltik and likes to hang around on Maximus' shoulder. That is, if he doesn't accidentally wipe him off.

Ability: Compound Eyes

Specialty: Special Attack

Known Moves: Bug Buzz, Discharge, Leech Life, Sucker Punch, Electro Web, and Fury Cutter

Species: Vuplix

Nickname: Sun Hound

Trainer: Maximus 'Dandy' Sarukai

Appearance: A sun orange colored vulpix with red tribal pattern on his sides

Personality: She's very passionate and always goes around with a stride when she walks. She doesn't mind cuddling around Maximus when they are not on the job.

Ability: Drought

Specialty: Defense

Known Moves: Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Fire Spin, Safeguard, Wiil-O-Wisp, and Hex

(Approved via wiki chat)

Edited by Ricardo Mason

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

So I didn't mean to wait until Colette's birthday for this, but it's actually pretty fitting. This happened to my iPad while I was in Germany. :P

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

(Official approval for everything that hasn't had a public approval yet)

NPC Profile Post #4 -- Other

--Meghan Vert

Username: Parugi

Name: Meghan Vert

Faction: Team Liberty

Hometown: Mauville City, Hoenn.

Appearance: Here.

Personality:

Background: 

Pokémon: Malamar, Galvantula

-Malamar--(Contrary): Psycho Cut, Hypnosis, Topsy-Turvy, Trick Room, Superpower, Night Slash.

-Galvantula--(Compoundeyes): Gastro Acid, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Sticky Web, Bug Buzz, Disable (EM).

--Esen Windred

Name: Esen Windred

Faction: Unknown.

Hometown: Unknown.

Personality:

Background: 

Pokémon: Honchkrow (Krow; 18), Gliscor (Scor; 14), Swoobat (Bat; 10), Noivern (Noi; 14)

-Honchkrow--(Super Luck): Foul Play, Brave Bird, Air Slash, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Mirror Move (EM.)

-Gliscor--(Hyper Cutter): Guillotine, Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Fire Fang, Swords Dance, Tailwind (MT).

-Swoobat--(Simple): Psychic, Supersonic, Calm Mind, Air Slash, Imprison, Signal Beam (MT).

-Noivern--(Telepathy): Boomburst, Roost, Dragon Pulse, Hurricane, Agility.

--Skye Hall

Name: Skye Hall

Faction: Team Rocket (formerly Team Zephyr)

Hometown: Rustboro City, Hoenn.

Appearance: 

Personality:

Background: 

Pokémon: Spinarak (Spinarak-Man; 3), Combusken (The Human Torchic; 8), Zubat (Zubatman; 1)

-Spinarak-Man--(Swarm): String Shot, Poison Sting, Signal Beam (EM), Electroweb (EM). 

-The Human Torchic--(Blaze): Flamethrower, Double Kick, Slash, Sand Attack, Endure (EM), Feint (EM).

-Zubatman--(Infiltrator): Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite, Astonish.

--Eileen Alaric

Name: Eileen Alaric

Faction: N/A; Team Rocket-affiliated

Hometown: Born and raised in Snowbelle City, Kalos; currently resides in Viridian City, Kanto.

Personality:

Background: 

Pokémon: Blastoise.

--Levi Alaric

Name: Levi Alaric

Faction: N/A.

Hometown: Viridian City, Kanto.

Appearance: Levi is a short boy, standing around 4'3". He has short black hair, typically spiked in the front, and blue eyes. According to Eileen, he has scars covering a large portion of his torso due to an accident that occurred when he was 8.

Personality: Levi is an extremely worrisome and anxious child. He feels most relaxed in the woods, and as a result is very fond of Grass-Type Pokémon. 

Background: 

Pokémon: Unknown.

--Jackson Sang (Freelancer)

Username: Parugi.

Name: Jackson Sang. He also goes by several different aliases.

Faction: Freelance assassin; often gets hired by Team Rocket.

Hometown: Castelia City, Unova.

Appearance: Here. An extremely dashing and handsome individual, Jackson is 5'10 and has burgundy-colored hair and eyes. In general, he is seen wearing a black trench coat with silver buttons and a black or dark gray-blue suit underneath. He wears a leather belt with a silver clasp, on which he carries his Pokéballs.On the job, he takes on a wide range of disguises and appearances, either through different clothing or with the help of Tracer. However, one outfit in particular that he tends to use is a ninja-like uniform that he wears underneath his casual clothing, and can switch into in virtually an instant. This uniform is black with a white belt, gloves, and boots, as well as a black bandanna over his mouth and nose. Typically, he ends up covered in blood during his assassination missions; as a result, he becomes virtually unrecognizable in this uniform, especially when Tracer uses his Transform attack to add on some... unique... characteristics...

Personality: To put it simply, Jackson is... kind of crazy. An insanely effective assassin who has virtually never lost a battle, he has developed a bit of a complex, viewing himself as the center of the universe and all of the people within it as figments of his imagination. He does not believe that he can be beaten, and as a result, does not believe that he can be killed; any attempts to prove him otherwise will result in him countering with insane logic that, strangely, usually ends up making sense. His beliefs are only further supported by his tendency to engage (and defeat) targets and opponents--human and Pokémon--in direct combat, as opposed to relying on his own Pokémon to do even a fraction of the work that he does.Regardless, Jackson is not particularly cocky or rude while not on the job. He is a bit of a jokester, and is, overall, a pretty cool person to hang out with, so long as you don't do something to get on his bad side, and is, quite frankly, a bit of a dork. This lighter side of him is reserved only for those who can both catch him in public while he's not on a job and get past his odd idiosyncrasies, such as his deep fondness for fast-moving objects and vehicles, such as bullets, cars, jets, motorboats, and other similar methods of transportation.

Beware, however, that he has a strict--and secretive--moral code, one that most people don't understand, cannot comprehend, and which does influence his choice of job; if one somehow crosses it, he will come for them, and they will deserve every ounce of the beating that he delivers--at least in his eyes. Virtually no one is exempt from this, nor from the potential cruelty with which he will deal with those who tarnish it. In short, if you are on a train with him, be very careful of what you do and how you behave; otherwise, you may find yourself making a lot of new friends... with the tracks.

Background: Jackson was, according to legend, born to a wealthy family in Castelia City. Somewhat odd from a young age, Jackson was very fond of acrobatics, and as a result grew up practicing them. Some ten or twelve years ago, he ran away from home and began living off of the streets, where he was able to refine his acrobatic abilities and enhance his endurance, strength, and other physical abilities, eventually becoming an assassin-for-hire--and quickly rising to become one of the best in the business. At some point he expanded his area of operation to include the Kanto regions, quickly catching the eye of Team Rocket and becoming one of their most often-hired hit-men, a job he has been working with ever since--though not exclusively, as he still hires himself out to literally anyone who will pay him for his services. Rumor has it that Jackson is blood-related to Shadow Admin Sleight through the father he left behind in Castelia all those years ago, though no one has really looked into the background behind this possibility at this point. It seems to stem from their similar attitudes and accomplishments in life, however, primarily that they are both incredibly difficult to defeat in their respective areas of combat.

Pokémon: Tracer (Ditto,) Claire (Mienshao; 12,) Walker (Grovyle; 21,) Felix (Beheeyem; 7)

Current Team Configuration

132.png

Species: Ditto.

Nickname: Tracer.

Trainer: Jackson Sang.

Appearance: No differences from other Ditto.

Personality: Tracer doesn't exhibit much of a personality when in his standard form, merely following orders when they are given and just generally hanging around and acting cool. When it the form of another, copied Pokémon or human, he will behave and speak exactly as they would, and can recall certain short-term memories from them due to possessing a tiny bit of psychic power. However, when he takes on an original form--especially an original human form--Tracer tends to be rather... eccentric, much like Jackson. He views himself as the center of the universe, though isn't particularly rude about it--it simply comes naturally to him to act that way.

Ability: Imposter.

Specialty: Tracer is not a battling Pokémon in any sense of the word. His sole purpose--in training, on the job, in life--is infiltration and deception, be it through transforming into a perfect replica of another being--Pokémon or human--or wrapping around Jackson and using his Transform attack to create any number of disguises or strange illusions. Thanks to years of training, Tracer has virtually perfected his transformation power, unlike other Ditto, and as such has learned to use his copied vocal cords to speak while in the form of a human.

Known Moves: Transform.

620.png

Species: Mienshao.

Nickname: Claire.

Appearance: No differences from other Mienshao.

Personality: A slightly ditzy and quirky Mienshao, Claire has never really been right in the head. She tends to burst into random fits of giggling when she's out of her Pokéball, and finds numerously grim things--fighting, death, blood and gore--to be quite humorous. Still, she isn't a sociopath or anything; she has simply taken on several of Jackson's idiosyncrasies and views, coming off as an aloof and somewhat crazy individual as a result. Overall, Claire's a fairly nice and loving Pokémon... albeit slightly insane.

Ability: Regenerator.

Specialty: Claire is like Jackson and every other Pokémon that Jackson owns (sans Tracer): She is extremely fast and very strong physically. However, like his other Pokémon, she is only a support beam in the battling tower that is Jackson Sang: she, like the others, only serves to assist Jackson in battle, as he does much of his own fighting personally. She is also fairly useful for sneaking around and listening in on conversations when Jackson needs someone to do that. In essence, she is a true weasel.

Known Moves: Drain Punch, Bounce, Detect, Role Play (MT'd,) U-Turn, Jump Kick.

254.png

Species: Sceptile.

Nickname: Walker.

Appearance: No differences from other Sceptile.

Personality: A quiet individual who, for the longest time, has focused almost solely on spy work, Walker is an extremely loyal member of Jackson's team. Generally acting as a lookout and using his Grasswhistle attack to signal Jackson to changes to the surrounding situation. Aside from that, there isn't much to say--Walker tends to be pretty stoic, always watching and always observing those around him . . .

Ability: Overgrow.

Specialty: Though not the strongest or most skilled fighter around, Walker's life of working as a spy has granted him an eye for detecting weak points. This allows him to score critical hits far more easily than normal, granting him an edge in combat.

Known Moves: Detect, Agility, Grasswhistle (Egg Move,) Drain Punch (MT'd,) Leaf Blade, Extremespeed.

606.png

Species: Beheeyem.

Nickname: Felix.

Appearance: Felix's eyes are purple.

Personality: Delving into Jackson Sang's mind has had a noticeable effect on Felix. He is less timid now and more indulged in his own interpretation of the world, viewing all things around him with an air of mesmerizing uncanniness--all of this stemming from something he saw in Jackson's memories . . .

Ability: Telepathy.

Specialty: Felix's specialties as "mechanical," for lack of a better term. He is essentially a technician working behind the scenes to further his and his trainer's goals, working to increase his team's chances of achieving victory.

Known Moves: Teleport, Miracle Eye, Psychic, Calm Mind, Disable, Recover.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Nickname: Luke

Species: Lucario

Trainer: Zach

Appearance: Overall the same as a typical Lucario, Luke now has a 'star' pattern across his face, made of the same hair type as across his muzzle. He tends to keep his dreadlocks tied up in a ponytail style as well.

Personality: Luke is driven by a sense of justice; which makes Zach's recent worrying all the more disappointing to Luke, since his personality had been observed before he had been hatched. That said, Luke tries to make up for Zach's shortcomings by helping out as much as possible.

Loyal to the end, Luke has approved of Zach starting to take initiative to change himself again. Finally having the strength to evolve, Luke is ready to help defend the peace with Zach as best as he can.

Ability: Justified

Specialty: Attack+, Special Attack+

Known Moves: Aura Sphere, Bullet Punch(Egg Move), Force Palm, Final Gambit, Dragon Pulse, ExtremeSpeed

Nickname: Smugleaf

Species: Servine

Trainer: Zach

Appearance: The 'monocle' from being a Snivy is now in the shape of glasses.

Personality: This Servine acts like what you'd expect a Servine to typically be from it's looks... This Servine is smug. However, even with his smugness, he's still relatively Mild, and doesn't boast that all the time. However, that was the first thing that Zach noticed about Snivy, which is why he got the nickname "Smugleaf".

With Smugleaf's first evolution, however, he's definitely gotten more confident; and while still mild, is totally willing to be overconfident at times.

Ability: Contrary

Specialty: +Speed, +Special Attack, +Attack, -Defense

Known Moves: Leaf Blade, Leer, Natural Gift(EGG), Leaf Tornado, Wring Out, Slam

(Vine Whip to Leaf Blade, Coil to Leaf Tornado, +Wring Out, +Slam)

Edited by Colette Llyan

Nickname: Willow
Species: Nincada

Trainer: Olivia Seaton

Appearance: Slightly smaller than the average Nincada

Personality: Willow, having spent all of her life as a non-combative family pet, is friendly in temperment, though a bit simple at times. Most of the time, she's content hanging around people and sleeping in a corner. However, the idea of Pokemon battling intrigues her, and so while inexperienced, Willow will go into battle with all she can muster. 

Ability: Compound Eyes
Specialty: Speed

Known Moves: Dig, Aerial Ace (TM Move), Metal Claw, Bug Buzz (Egg Move), Harden, Night Slash

• 1 month later...

Here's a dude who will probably appear pretty shortly if he gets approved.

Species: Whismur
Nickname: Orpheus
Trainer: Richard Apollo
Appearance: Looks like a standard Whismur through and through.
Personality: Oprheus is a modest Pokémon with a large case of stage fright. Problem since he'd also love nothing else than to sing before crowds. Has a voice reminiscent of human tenors. Loves to imitate human speech, but has little capability to speak the language.
Ability: Rattled
Specialty: Sensitive hearing which gives Orpheus better control of sound based moves, but in exchange cause him using his full force to deal damage to himself.
Known Moves: Uproar (Causes recoil), Supersonic, Roar, Pound, Hyper Voice (Causes recoil), Astonish

Legend Notes Nine; Raikou

Partnered Trainer: Zach

Appearance: Due to utilizing Dimensional Shifts, this Raikou has had its body fur turned an orange-y colour, and its mane has turned golden. Raikou's muzzle and tail are also a silvery colour.

Personality: Raikou is helpful at times, and acts a lot like a mentor; however, it also remembers its home dimension, and will over-act to try and prevent something similar from happening to this one.

Ability: Volt Absorb

Specialty: Special Attack++

Known Moves: Zap Cannon, Aura Sphere, Extremespeed, Weather Ball, Extrasensory, Reflect

Yes, I know, finally... I forgot this was a profile I needed to make. >>'

• 3 weeks later...

Username: JiMing

Name: Lachina Adaon

Faction: Ranger Union (Neutral)

Hometown: Vientown

Appearance: Despite only standing at 5'4", Lachina's physical stature is lean and athletic, as a result of her Ranger training. Her skin tone is between a shade of light brown and tan. Her hair is a shade of golden brown, with four tufts in the back curling up and to the side to make unformed pigtails, two on either side. In the front her bangs come down to just above the eyebrows, with the exception of two shoulder-length strands than hang down the sides of her face. Her eyes, a bright shade of silvery-grey, will occasionally seem to shine with energy. Lachina looks around two years younger than she actually is, much to her chagrin and the confusion of those around her. She wears a standard Almian Ranger uniform, with the addition of a pair of green flight goggles and an orange scarf.

Personality: Lachina is dedicated to her occupation and attempts to maintain an air of professionalism while on duty. Those efforts are usually hampered by her appearance and stature, and more often than not she finds herself calmly reminding people of her true age, quickly growing frustrated if they refuse to catch on. On average, Lachina acts more mature than others of her age, but at the same time can get heated when discussing things she feels passionately about. When a crisis arises though, she can maintain her cool and formulate a plan to keep the innocent safe.

Background: Lachina grew up for as long as she could remember in Vientown. Living in such a small society right next to a forest gave her an appreciation of nature and its connections with people and Pokemon. She grew up with this simple life, learning to appreciate the local Field Rangers. She would spend hours listening to stories of their missions. Her favorite story was that of Kellyn, who had almost single-handedly stopped the nefarious Team Dim Sun and saved Almia. Despite her fascination with their tales, she only began to consider becoming a Pokemon Ranger after hearing about the massive loss of life and widespread pollution in other regions. Not wishing to see her home region fall to such a fate, she enrolled in the Ranger School right next to her hometown. Despite giving it her all and working as hard as possible, Lachina's grades only ended up being slightly above average throughout her entire education there. However, in the middle of the graduation ceremony, a furious Altaria wreaked havoc outside the Ranger School. Lachina aided the teachers in keeping the others safe, and even ended up placating the aggressive Pokemon. The ceremony resumed, with Lachina now having become Partners with the irascible Altaria. Now a full-fledged Ranger, Lachina looks forward to proving her worth by protecting the three things that cannot be replaced: people, Pokemon, and nature.

Equipment: Standard Capture Styler, a small backpack with tools for use in the outdoors

Pokémon: Aolani (Altaria), any Pokemon befriended temporarily with the Capture Styler

Species: Altaria

Nickname: Aolani

Partner: Lachina Adaon

Appearance: No different from other Altaria, except she has a permanent scowl etched on her face.

Personality: Aolani, unlike most of her species, is rather temperamental and competitive. If it weren't for Lachina, the Altaria would solve any problem she runs into by attacking. Oddly enough, Aolani has taken an odd liking to Lachina, and the Ranger is the only human she seems to have any respect for.

Ability: Cloud Nine

Specialty: Defensive stats

Known Moves: Cotton Guard, Hyper Voice (Egg Move), Dragon Pulse, Natural Gift, Sky Attack, Roost

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Lachina approved. And at some point I need to update the first post...

EDIT:

General reminder to everyone to keep your PCs' profiles updated in this topic. Even if you're posting new Pokémon additions in here, be sure to add them to the post containing their trainer's profile, otherwise it makes it extremely tedious to track down that information during a battle. Especially tedious if the profiles in this topic don't match up with the current status of those Pokémon. ;3

Thanks, y'all.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Way back when writing Zoe's profile, I arbitrarily chose September 19th as her birthday. Well, that arbitrary date has arrived, and so to celebrate my choosing of a random day of the year, I made a third, technically fourth official sketch.

I present to you, in all her glory, Zoe Natasha Llyan.

In addition, Richard using Orpheus to try and break Zoe out of her depression inspired me to make a few chibi-style sketches of Zoe during her various adventures around Four Island.

And to round things off, once I had an official image for Zoe in my head, I was able to make a sprite for the wiki. I used the same shades for her hair as for Colette's hair (with the exception of using a dark brown for the borders instead of black), but, possibly because of the yellow flower, it came out looking more blonde than beige. What do you guys think?

So anyway, yay, happy birthday Zoe, cake and ice cream galore. ^_^

Hi, everyone,

Just so y'all know, we're planning on having another large-scale RotR discussion on the wiki chat pretty soon. The exact date is still undetermined, but we're looking at Saturday, October 11th as a possible date. If this works for everyone, then cool--hopefully we'll see you there! If it conflicts with anything for anyone, give a head's up and we'll see about switching it up.

Also, I wanted to reiterate really quick as well (because last time it was an accidental double-post and I had to merge the posts/delete the second one)--be sure to keep your PCs' profiles updated in this topic. Even if you're posting new Pokémon additions in here, be sure to add them to the post containing their trainer's profile, otherwise it makes it extremely tedious to track down that information during a battle. Especially tedious if the profiles in this topic don't match up with the current status of those Pokémon. ;3

Thanks!

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

I've already told you October 11th works for me. But do you have any particular time in mind, or will we just all trickle into the chat throughout the day? :P

That Sunday is completely booked for me (woot, band concert). So if it turns out you can't do it that Saturday, we may have to wait another week.

btw, when we first brought up the idea of this discussion, Parugi made a list of topics to discuss. If you want to start thinking about them now, here's the list:

Bad things from the past year

• Plot derailments
  • Characters that need moar luv
  • Plots that need moar luv

Good things from the past year

• Great plots
  • Great characters

Favorites

• Scene(s)
  • Character(s)
  • Plot(s)

Speculations

• Self-explanatory... theories about what the future may hold. These can be for the overall plot in general, or for smaller sub-plots.

Maintenance

• Overall plot summary?
  • Things to improve?
  • Loose ends?

Miscellaneous

• Q&A
  • Character voices / voice actors (for fun)
  • Character or plot musical themes
    • Character or plot literary themes???

Those last two I added after Parugi added the voice acting one. I know we have discussed musical themes before (and technically the voice acting question, although no one really had much of an answer for that at the time :P) but it's always fun to see how themes change as characters develop. With that in mind, I threw in the literary themes 'cause I thought it'd be interesting. ^_^

Edited by Konuju

It'd probably be a "trickle in as we go" kind of deal, but if you want an "official" start time for it then I'd say probably around noon PST.

As far as the date goes--something's actually come up for me on the 11th, but it's not necessarily something that will stop me from being on chat at the time. Still, if other people are busy it might be best to wait another week.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

.....Oh wow, for voice acting, I've actually come up with something. Not sure if it would actually work, but if so, it would be glorious. And the choice would make a whole lot of sense if you know me. =P

Not sure whether to say it right here or wait for the actual mega discussion, but if anyone wants to hear it beforehand, I can PM them. =P

Btw, who can we expect to see if everything goes well?

At least the following:

• Parugi
  • Konuju
  • Blade
  • JiMing
  • Alku
  • Minun

And whoever else can show up. :3

Speaking of--this is extremely short notice, but due to some time conflicts, the discussion will be happening next Saturday (10/18) instead of this Saturday.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

I'm sorry I have to (maybe) delay this again, but that test for me last time went.... Pretty badly. Now my parents refuse to let me even touch the computer. I've been trying to negotiate with them, but they aren't budging. So... Either the Discussion needs to move 2 weeks when my Final/Midterm is over, or I cannot make it to tomorrow....

I'll try to work something out, but it doesn't seem like they will listen to me.

If you can still pop in at some point, that'd be cool, but otherwise, I think it's going on as planned--it's too difficult to find a date where everyone is available.

In light of that, the Wiki chat has been reactivated (though the button's not on the front page atm because Wikia software) so peeps are free to start trickling in as they wish. I'll be on in about an hour to and hour and a half.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing in the bureaucrat. Reward point spent on Evolite.

Username: Claus Von Minun the 4th
Name: Miriam Shiki Shields
Faction: Team Rocket
Hometown: Saffron City
Appearance: Miriam has a lean build, with long straight black hair and a dark skin tone. She stands about 5’10’’ tall. Her eyes are a cool ash gray, and her face looks several years younger than most woman of her age appear.

She wears a black business suit with matching black suit pants, a blue dress shirt underneath, and black shoes. The shoes look very nice, but are usable for athletic situations as well. Underneath all the aforementioned layers of her suit is a tracksuit that she dresses down to for any situation that requires her top athletic ability.

She carries a purse that contains everything she considers relevant to her occupation, including a handgun which is kept in a special concealed pouch. Miriam is almost never seen without either a clipboard or a tablet in her arms. Her purse also holds a set of black headphones and an IPhone which she uses to listen to music, in what free time she spares herself, in addition as her phone and additional calender.
Personality:
Miriam has an obsession with control, order, and neatness. She cannot stand to see dust or disorder in any space that she has control over. In turn, Miriam does not get along well with those who cannot keep themselves to at least relative neatness (though the situation greatly influences her standards). She also cannot stand being unprepared for any situation, though sometimes borders on over-preparedness. Oddly enough however, she loves pranks, j-pop, hip-hop and various forms of metal, but tends to repress all of these loves in public (though the first one tends to show up from time to time, and the others are not hidden very well either). One love that she does not repress in public is her love of verbal warfare.

Miriam considers Team Rocket the true legitimate body of the Kanto regions for the pragmatic reason of that they succeeded in their goals. She and her Pokémon are well trained, but they still have comparatively little actual combat experience despite their years of service, due to her job keeping her, for the most part, far away from the front lines. In addition, she firmly agrees with Team Rocket’s ideals. She is dedicated to her job, but keeps her eyes out for ways to climb Team Rocket’s ladder.

She is a trained Rocket Agent, and is a proficient athlete and shot though is by no means stellar in either of those roles.

Extremely averse to alcohol in any form. Will not partake if there is any potential way out of drinking it, and even being in the same room as it makes her uneasy.

Background:
Miriam was born to a Unovan father and Kanto mother in Saffron City. Living in the biggest city of Kanto gave her a deep appreciation of society and the order that sustains it. Both parents held high paying jobs with long hours that left them with little time for Miriam. Expectations from her parents to study and get into a good school were very high, and became the chief interaction between Miriam and her parents. This led her to good grades, but a strained relationship with her parents, only keeping infrequent contact after getting to college. She went to a prestigious college in Celadon City. Miriam graduated Cum Laude with a degree in Accounting and minoring in Political Sciences. She took a year off after graduating for personal reasons before applying to work for Team Rocket as a bureaucrat.

It was unrequired for her position, but she signed up for Rocket Training for the pragmatic reason that she cannot reasonably expect to never be caught in a battle, with various resistance groups still at large. Her training took place in Hoenn, where she met Twister, near Rustboro. She completed her training roughly around the start of the war between Team Liberty and Team Rocket, and became very glad that she had gone through training when they were not swiftly defeated.

Miriam met Iron Maiden on a vacation to Unova with her parents (who had grown deeply regretful of missing out on most of Miriam’s childhood). Joshua on the other hand was met on what was listed as “The Third Worst Day of My Life Up To This Point or Like To Come.” The events of that day were stricken from all records.

Equipment: Eviolite (on Joshua), Clipboard, Tablet, Handgun, purse, other stuff

Pokémon: Twister (Hippowdon), Iron Maiden (Ferrothorn), Joshua (Chansey)

Species: Hippowdon
Nickname: Twister
Trainer: Miriam Shiki Shields
Appearance: Twister is a shade of olive green, due to her Shiftry parentage.
Personality: Twister is a mischievous imp, much to her owner’s dismay (but secret delight). Also unlike most of her kind, she enjoys being in forests much more than deserts or other such arid places. She is surprisingly neat for a Hippowdon, only ever causing a mess in the heat of battle.
Ability: Sand Stream
Specialty: Twister’s ability to manipulate wind is top notch. On the flip side, ground type moves are oddly weaker than would be expected of her kind.
Known Moves: Whirlwind (Egg Move), Slack Off (Egg Move), Ice Fang, Earthquake (lack of control/power), Crunch, Sand Tomb (lacking in power)

Species: Ferrothorn
Nickname: Iron Maiden
Appearance: Slightly less flat (or more round) than the average Ferrothorn.
Personality: Iron Maiden tends to look down on others, but overall remains pretty relaxed. Prefers sleep to most other activities.
Ability: Iron Barbs
Specialty: Iron Maiden prefers to let passive damage and healing do the work for her. But when push comes to shove, she has two physical moves in her arsenal to beat back attackers.
Known Moves: Gyro Ball, Leech Seed (Egg Move), Ingrain, Spikes (Egg Move), Iron Defense, Power Whip

Species: Chansey
Nickname: Joshua
Appearance: Looks identical to most Chansey, unless you know where to check.
Personality: Joshua is the extremely rare male among the rare Chansey, and knows it. He is also pretty bold and outspoken. Something of a smart aleck.
Ability: Natural Cure
Specialty: Unlike many Chansey, Joshua is perfectly capable of doing some damage himself, but his healing ability is still pretty adept.
Known Moves: Aromatherapy (Egg Move), Seismic Toss (Egg Move), Heal Pulse, Softboiled, Egg Bomb, Light Screen

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm going through old PMs and I'm finding that there are a looot of recaps and misc suggestions that could be helpful/interesting/logical and yet never made it into the public eye. So I'm going to post them here for future use/compilation. =)

Also note that some information is contradicted by more recent story. In those cases, it's probably a better idea to go with the more recent things than what was said in the past, especially if evidence of the older explanations never actually made it into the story. Or you can always ask--that works, too.

Misc Suggestions/Recaps

You probably don't know me, but I'm new to your Pokemon RPG, and I had an idea for it. In Team Liberty's base, there could be a board with all missions that need to be completed. This would basically be an IC explanation for the list in your first post of legendary pokemon and famous trainers. That way, a character can just walk up to it IC and check off any mission that they are going for. ... You wouldn't need to repost it over and over again, it would just be a way for anyone to check IC who's doing what. 

-----

Twilight Death Wisp

Hey again. I know I bother you a lot, but I thought I had better ask you about the "weapon."

My idea would be for it to be this

IC (S): "The device is an Orb," Searcher replied. "An Orb, which, in the vicinity of people and Pokemon, will grant total control to the bearer. Even Legendary Pokemon cannot help but be controlled. It works by sending powerful Psychic waves into the desired creature, which connects the user's mind to the other creature's. It induces a short trance which varies in time according to the one who is being controlled. During the trance, the being's mind will be completely vulnerable, allowing the user's mind to enter in." "

Whilst there, you must seize control of the other's mind, if you can. Sometimes it is too much fro some. The Orb will only work for those who have a strong will, for the other being's mind must be totally harnessed, otherwise, they can force you out quite - forcefully. Those who are forced out do not generally survive, and those who do spend their lives out like a veggie."

I did it in this form because its a bit easier for me, since I'm used to just writing in the story.

Yes, a bit cliche, but yeah. If you don't like it, just tell me, and maybe tell me what you would like. I know you're busy, so I can use what you tell me to make a better weapon. I know this one is a bit much but if you approve it, it will take the people in the story forever to get another built.
------
That is definitely not what I was expecting.

I do like it, as it would definitely make things interesting and it looks like it's playing off of Joker's Psy-Gauntlet, but it's like... incredibly overpowered, even for use by a Shadow Admin or Liberty Leader. I mean, Mewtwo and other powerful Psychic types haven't even demonstrated the ability to control multiple beings at once...
Hm... I don't know. Maybe if you powered it down some, by like, putting a varying limit on the amount of minds it can control at once, and made it something bigger than an Orb (assuming it's hand held currently; if that's not the case, then it might be fine as it is) I might consider it. Perhaps it could be a machine or suit that the user has to lock themselves into while they're using it, and while in use they can not control their own body? That would help to balance it out, so that it doesn't completely lop-side everything.

Also, a couple of questions. Hypothetically, if it were approved right now:
-What is the range of this thing -- does it affect a whole city, a small area, an entire region?
-How big is it?
-Is there a time limit on how long it can be used before it begins to affect the user?
-How easy is it to resist its effects? Or does that depend on the individual and the user?

------
I know its a bit powerful, but weirdly enough, I kind've got the idea from the Blue Orb and the Red Orb that controlled Kyogre and Groudon.

1. It depends on the user, but I think only Mewtwo or another of the more powerful Legendaries would be able to affect an entire city. No, a regular human would probably be able to control about 6 or 7 people and first evolution Pokemon. If it was someone who had a lot of conviction and willpower, you could up that level.

2. Just a globe the size of the Red and Blue Orbs. So, about the size you could hold it in one hand, slightly uncomfortably.

3. Again, depends on the user. If its a regular person, I would say probably five or six minutes tops. (Unless you want to up that)

4. Yup, you're right there. If the user had a will, it will be easier for them tocontrol a person without one. And it would be harder to control someone who was willful.

-----

Nuju Nui/Parugi. Weapon ended up approved but only ever used once, against Ryan Sanders, Jake Soren, and Alex Lockwood, and is now in TL's possession.

Promised Land:

Since I'm probably the only one with a non-Admin Rocket character who's going to be at the attack on the Alamo, I was wondering if you had something specific for how the Rocket side of the attack would go. This is because I had an idea for what the Rockets could do when they attack the Alamo but I just want to know if you had something planned first.

Well, Team Rocket's a kind of a militant organization, so I broke it down in to a few steps:

-Have a team (maybe mine) infiltrate the base from somewhere while the main force keeps the defenders occupied. I'm thinking maybe the vehicle bay since that would probably be open to allow returning Liberty Agents to enter. Also, I'm having Jessica's team bring Cressalia since some of the Liberty players are bringing Legendaries, so I might have Cressalia wreck some havoc in there.

-From there, the team would head to the communications center to disrupt communications for Team Liberty. Alternatively, the main force could also attack communication towers if there are any.

-Finally, the team would head to the server room. There, they would attempt to copy data from the Team Liberty servers containing important information like stronghold locations, supply routes, or even information on Liberty Agents. This could be used by Team Rocket to make things difficult for Liberty by imposing blacklists on their IDs so that they'll be tracked if they use them to, say, use the Pokemon Center. That's just a suggestion, it doesn't have to be personal information.

-After that, it would just be a process of fighting their way back out or, if they get pinned down, have Cressalia transport them out

What exactly is going on now... I read all the posts but I have no idea what is going on with Darren/Misty/Gecynde's group since you ran off...
-------
The simple answer is that they're just walking around right now.

For a more in-depth answer -- you remember how Gecynde and Kyle were teleported to Four Island, right? After that, they just kind of stood around and observed what was going on. Back near Cerulean, Misty revealed to Darren that she and Ash are his parents. Darren was overjoyed by this, and they plus Mewtwo prepared to teleport to Four Island. Misty retrieved her Pokémon, and then they left. Right after they arrived, Darren asked what was going on, and Kyle explained the situation. They moved off, looking for somewhere to jump into the battle, and Kyle received a video message from a shadowed man (the same person who gave Gavin his Skorupi and told Team Rocket where the Sevii Islands were, though Kyle doesn't know that) which said that there was a sniper ready to take out Richie (Kyle's dad) if Kyle didn't find him soon. Richie is in battle with Buzz, a Rocket executive. Kyle, worried by this, ran off to find him, and just now arrived at the face of the cliff upon which Richie and the TR exec. are battling. Misty, Darren, Gecynde and Mewtwo are still together, and I believe they are heading towards the Alamo.

Hope this helps, and I apologize for the confusion. happy.gif

------

Sisen/Parugi

I'm making an article for Regirock on the RoR wiki. I've searched the forum for the word "Regirock," but I'm having troubles understanding some of the story. I know you're probably busy, so you can take as long as you like to answer this.

-Nuju Nui

-----
I'm assuming the whole 'fighting for control of Regirock' is what's confusing you, right? Here's essentially what happened:

Blackskull found a Rocket base (unknowingly Purgatory, the Sinnoh base,) where he had heard a rumor that TR had acquired a Regirock. He brought a small strike team with him, and upon confirming that rumor, they engaged the Rockets in battle. Blackskull ended up in combat with Bounty, and they fought for a short while. Eventually, Bounty received word that TR was attacking TL's base, and told this to Blackskull, fleeing with his grunts and leaving Blackskull to choose between acquiring Regirock or going back and helping TL. Blackskull had several agents from his team go after Regirock while he and the rest went back to Four Island. Those agents who were getting Regirock secured him, captured him and then brought him back to Four Island. There's where it stands now.

If anything else is confusing you, let me know specifically what it is and I'll explain as best as I can. happy.gif
-----

Nuju Nui/Parugi

Since the attack on the Alamo is over, I wanted to run this by you. As you're probably aware, Team Rocket is at a gross disadvantage in terms of collecting Legendary Pokemon/reputed trainers and now this whole thing with Silvermind pretty much giving away Gibble and Bagon as well as Team Liberty taking back the Hoenn Region, I feel that it's starting to get a bit onesided. Here's what I had in mind.

I was thinking of having Jason and Rachel go to the Battle Pyramid, which in this timeline has been repurposed as a museum of the history of the Hoenn Battle Frontier by Team Rocket (on that note, I was thinking that instead of having Team Rocket be a completely one hundred percent world-domination group, they could have some legitamite business fronts that they put in place after taking control like factories and research facilities for technology that could help humanity as well as improving trade relations between the main regions. It would help to explain why there aren't rebellions all the time and would make for an interesting story element.) and find someone who knows Brandon (maybe a family member or someone who used to work at the Battle Pyramid). After convincing the person that they're not Team Rocket, they're taken to see Brandon, who has been in hiding since the Rockets took over and is now dying of illness/old age. After yet more convincing, Brandon, though unable to help himself, gives Jason and Rachel Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres (the Pokemon he uses when you face him for the Gold Symbol in Emerald. I listed these since the three Regis have already been found.) for safekeeping. 

On their way back to the mainland, I was planning to either have a Rocket Team board the SS Tidal because someone tipped them off that they were there or have the ship attacked by wild Pokemon. Either way, the SS Tidal goes down and I was planning to have Jason find a Poke Ball that someone left behind containing a Pokemon (since neither of them have caught any yet. I'm thinking a Ralts, which I will make a profile for later, and have it be scared of Jason at first and have it run away when they first meet but stay within a certain distance without them knowing). The two manage to make it back to the Hoenn mainland.

Meanwhile, Jessica presents the data her team downloaded from the Alamo and finds that it contains profiles of many Team Liberty members as well as information on Project R.A.L.L.Y. The data is sent to every Rocket outpost in Konto, Johto, and Sinnoh so that they can be on the lookout for any Team Liberty Agents in the area and since Team Liberty is also going after Regigigas, I think it's only fair that the defenses at the Snowpoint Temple outpost are strengthened considerably since that's where it is. Jessica then leaves for Sinnoh on a mission to capture Darkrai.

After both these points are done, I want to have them cross paths somehow. I was going to have Rachel receive some word that someone from her hometown of Olivine has news about her family and she wants to head back, so Jason and her go there. At the same time, Jessica receives information that a pair of Team Liberty Agents have the three Legendary Birds and are heading to the Johto region, so she heads there with her team to intercept them. The thing is, Jessica is the missing friend that Jason has been looking for and when she finds out that he's one of the Liberty Agents she's supposed to be tracking down, she comes up with a plan to lure the two in to a trap. While she meets up with him and keeps him occupied, one of her team members poses as a trainer who's lost one of his Pokemon and asks Rachel to help find it. He lures Rachel to where the rest of the team is waiting and then ambush her before taking Zapdos. Using her Poke Gear, they also lure Jason in to the trap and Jessica reveals that she is working for Team Rocket and tells him to hand over the other two Legendary Birds or lose his partner. With little other choice, Jason hands over Articuno but before he surrenders Moltres, the Ralts that he found on the SS Tidal appears and teleports them away to safety.

Something else that I thought would be interesting is if during the Regigigas mission, the inevitable fight triggers an avalanch that buries part of Snowpoint City. Using footage from the security cameras from the outpost there, Team Rocket splices together the footage to make it look like Team Liberty had deliberately attacked Snowpoint Temple to steal Regigigas and leave Snowpoint City defenseless before blaming them for causing the avalanch. It would be like propaganda against Team Liberty, to lower the public approval of them.
-----
Promised Land

You're probably tired of getting these by now, but here's some more stuff that I had planned for my characters.

-After Jessica and her team steal Zapdos and Articuno from Jason and Rachel, I was planning to have them head over to Sky Pillar to get Rayquaza, either through battling it or by convincing it that Team Liberty wants to use Kyogre against Groudon and that they need its to keep Groudon out of Liberty hands. The reason for this is that I'm planning to have Jessica go after Groudon after Rayquaza and I'm mainly planning to have her convince Groudon to fight Team Liberty since Kyogre has sided with them and having Rayquaza on their side would help to persuade Groudon. Note that I don't plan to have her actually capture them, just get them to align themselves with Team Rocket to support them in battle. This way, should Team Liberty gain knowledge of Team Rocket's Hoenn headquarters like it's being heavily hinted at, Groudon and Rayquaza will be around to give Team Rocket a hand.

-As for Jason and Rachel, I'm planning to have them go after Suicune, since Team Liberty already has Kyogre and Goldhawk is looking for Raikou.

-One last thing that I thought of was that since one of the Team Rocket Agents (Robert Hawkins) is going after Deoxys, Team Rocket will have the ability to conduct attacks from the atmosphere or even space in Deoxys' case. I just thought that an atmospheric and orbital strike from Rayquaza and Deoxys on a Liberty base would be pretty cool, not to mention a major intimidation factor.

-----

Promised Land

During the (possible) upcoming event of Spear Pillar, Shade arrives just as Seth, Kinali and Evan summon the Dragon Trio to unleash their power, restoring their power. Shade reveals that he has access to three Master Balls, using them to capture each of the Trio. Bria fights alongside Shade against the trio of trainers for control of the Dragons.

During the battle, Shade reveals that he is Seth's son from the future, showing him the medallion, which is exactly the same as Seth's, shocking Seth, causing him to lose focus. Shade also lets slip that he killed Bria's mother, causing her to betray him by giving the Master Balls to Seth, Kinali and Evan, who destroy them, freeing the Dragons. Once free from Shade's control, they leave, but not before defeating Shade's Pokemon with one hit each. Shade, in a fury, attacks Bria and battles Seth in a knife fight. Seth is seriously wounded, but sends Shade plummeting to his apparent death. In reality, Shade survives, plotting his revenge.

I know this may be kind of too big, but I thought it was worth a shot. Still, it would be one-sided if one Team managed to get control of the Dragon Trio. Perhaps during this, Team Rocket and Team Liberty members could battle each other for control of the Trio.

~Det
-----
It sounds good and is actually just as big, if not smaller than other events that have been approved, but where did Shade get those three Master Balls from? And just out of curiosity -- why would he reveal that he killed his partner's mother in a critical situation like this?

Other than those, I'm fine with this, though I disagree that it would be unbalanced -- looking at Team Liberty's recruitment progress compared to Team Rocket's, I think it would actually be more fair for TR to get a hold of all three dragons. But that's just me, and I know I can't force one team to control them. 

-----
Shade would probably explain that he had an inside man who stole them from somewhere. As for killing his Bria's mother, He doesn't outright reveal it, he mentions killing a woman wearing a bandana with a symbol which matches the symbol that Bria knows is connected to her parents. He had no idea that it was her mother.

I understand, but Shade has other plans to bring Team Rocket closer to victory... plans so devious I haven't even thought of them yet.

Afterwards, Shade will probably become more active in the war, knowing that it was his lack of active participation in the first place that cost him. Seth, on the other hand, still devastated by the fact that Shade is his son, will also become more active, more interested in seeing Team Rocket's downfall.

-----

Detranix/Parugi

So yeah, I am back but I don't really know what's going on in the RPG.

I made up an excuse for Buzz's absence saying he was hiding out in his secret house in the woods due to such an intense time he was having and also to train his new Scyther. But now he's on the way to Paradise, unaware of what is happening there.

The irony is that I also have no idea what's happening there... so what is happening there?
-----
Well, let's see. I suppose a complete list of events leading up to what is happening now would probably make this easier to understand. Pretty much, Silver revealed the location of Paradise and Purgatory to Team Liberty, and was set free afterward. Selene decided to put together a team of agents and lead an assault on Paradise so as to completely eradicate Team Rocket from Hoenn. Agents who responded to the call include:
-James Arthur
-Jayron Aaron
-Geoff Grahams
-Marc Hatcher (NPC)
-Scott Stone
-Scott Williams
-Thomas with a last name that escapes me.
-Riley, though he was missed at some point down the line and so everyone forgot he was there. XD

Just as they were about to leave, Koga, Surge and Sabrina arrived on Four Island, and after hearing about the mission from the guards who met them, offered to tag along. Selene accepted, though James and Jayron are both suspicious of the Gym Leaders despite the fact that they have given a completely believable alibi as to why they didn't show up until now (and really, I don't know why they find it suspicious, considering that there is no way at all that Team Rocket would have known about the Paradise invasion so quickly -- Silver didn't even get to inform them of it until TL was half way there, which was a couple of hours after the Gym Leaders arrived.)

The group left via helicopter and stopped at Evergrande City to refuel. Then they got to Southern Island and found out that TR knew thye were coming, as they were attacked by Sharpedo and Lanturn sent out by TR. After getting to land the group split up into two smaller groups -- the exact members of both I don't remember -- one to search east, one to search west. Both got into the base, the east group (I think) via staircase hidden by a fake tree and the other by finding a door at the base of a cliff (Surge opened it with a Rocket card key he stole* after James failed to open it with his own code, as his betrayal of TR has finally been passed around.) The latter group was then attacked by a large group of Rockets and are fending them off, and *Surge is trying to short circuit the security grid in the base*.

That's pretty much all that has happened. A couple of things to note here, though, and some other stuff that doesn't fit into the recap:
-First, since it's your Shadow Admin's base, it's only right to tell you that Surge, Koga and Sabrina are working for Team Rocket. Their joining the mission has a simple explanation: Team Rocket had them on stand-by during the Alamo invasion. After it was over, they ordered them to go to Four Island and 'join' TL, so as to get access to more information. It just so happened that they arrived there during the recruitment stages for the Paradise invasion, and overheard a guard telling another guard about the invasion. Seeing the danger that Paradise was in, they offered to join, and that is why they are here now. Further, Surge's card key that he 'stole' wasn't stolen at all -- it was his personal card key, though to protect his identity the I.D. on it is not his.

-Since Buzz is not there yet, Paradise is being run by Bob B., Miror B.'s son. This was thought of by Neya, so if you want to know why his name isn't as out of the ordinary as Miror B.'s, ask him.

-Reinforcements are already being called to Paradise. Considering Team Liberty only has like, twenty members at Paradise right now, there is no way they should be able to win.

Does that help?

-----

Whoa. That was... thorough! Thanks a lot for the recap. 
So what would happen to Buzz right now if he flew into Paradise, not expecting to see any TL members of course?

-----
No problem.
Depends on where he enters the base. If he goes through the main entrance then he'll probably run into a bunch of TR agents and be brought to the main control room so as to take over operations. If he goes through an entrance that TL used, then he'll probably be captured. But that's unlikely, as those entrances were side entrances unfit for a Shadow Admin.

-----

GLaDOS/Parugi

Hey. I told [GLaDOS] this, though I'm also letting you know just in case. I got really short notice that I might be leaving tomorrow to visit my grandparents, so I might not be able to get on for more of tomorrow (aside form making like, one or two posts tops in the morning and possibly one late in the evening) so I'm going to need you two to keep a closer eye on things.

I'm also going to need someone to further my plans for the Paradise invasion if the TL group gets too close to the control room -- which I shall explain here since you don't know them. Basically, Koga, Surge and Sabrina are working for TR, and if the Liberty team makes it to, say, an important Rocket computer, then those three are going to turn on TL and destroy Paradise's main frame. Their reasons for joining TR are essentially bribery stemming from their positions as executives in the old Team Rocket (in Surge and Sabrina's case) and force (Koga's case.)

So, yeah. If you need more information just say so.
-----
Sure thing. The fact that those Gym Leaders are TR would make a lot more awesome switch if you hadn't made it so obvious in the beginning.

But why not just face the Liberties outright? The only thing to be gained from joining them for a time would be to get info from them... and I don't think they have.

-----

That really hurts my self esteem.
just kidding. What made it so obvious?

And I thought you'd ask. You remember the Alamo invasion, right? ... The Gym Leaders had been doing 'other stuff' during that. Once it ended, though, the Shadow Admins sent those three to TL to offer to join and then get information from the inside, which, as Silvermind's reaction to them suddenly showing up out of nowhere proved, wouldn't have been hard once they put their alibis into use. Upon arriving, though, they overheard those beach guards talking about the attack on Paradise, and since there was no way to contact TR and warn them about it nor did they know that Silver was already planning to warn Paradise about it, the Gym Leaders decided to tag along and sabotage the mission from the inside out.
That's why. Plus, it's three Rocket members against about twenty Liberty agents, if you count NPCs -- they wouldn't have stood a chance if they fought right off of the bat.

Though, if you're talking about them turning right after entering Paradise, I do see your point -- they could turn earlier. And that's why Surge is about to knock out the wrong grid -- secretly, of course. It's also why Sabrina is going to 'accidentally' cause mayhem in her group.

-----

If I remember correctly, you kept saying how suspicious it was for three GLs to suddenly join TL. Also, we never found out about how they found the Alamo. A lot of other players were suspicious at first but they seem to be trusting now... which is great.

-----
Actually you guys (well, maybe not you, but other TL agents) did find out -- Surge explained that he had beaten it out of a Rocket grunt from the invasion and then managed to join up with Sabrina and Koga and then head towards Four Island on the way to Evergrande City. But your other points hold true.

-----

What can I say, I'm forgetful.

-----

Parugi/Bundalings

Before I move on with what I'm doing with Cyan, I should probably get it approved.

I haven't exactly decided what all I going to have him do. He's currently assembling a team of trainers for TL, but that he can call upon when he's ready. (for what, I haven't decided yet) He's also going to work on a project similar to Selene's breeding project, only it would be without anyone else knowing (not even at the Alamo) and it would be a different kind of breeding. (Porygon, anyone?)

I must admit, I really haven't come up with much yet, but I decided I should get what I have approved before moving on. I have an idea of creating an assassin-type character, but I want to wait until after Salted Earth is over.

-UoD 

-----
All of that would be fine. Let me now when you have it fleshed out more.

-----
Okay, I have finally come up with a general plan here for approval.

Cyan's Porygon 'breeding' project is going to supply several (probably about 30 at most) technicians his team recruited in the past with special Porygon. (Cyan will probably offer some to other TL members if they want them.) These Porygon are special in that they have various programs downloaded on them to make them able to harness much more energy than normal. (they don't actually have the energy yet, but they are capable of having more) 

Cyan then intends to use them to drain the energy from legendary pokemon to power the Porygon, making them much stronger than normal. His hopes are that they will be unstoppable against TR. However, after his Mew willingly offers to be the first test subject and nearly pays the price for it, Cyan realizes that he's made a big mistake. Unfortunately, all the people he's recruited don't exactly feel the same way, and try to find more legendaries to drain against his orders. Cyan is forced to try and get help to stop them, knowing that they could kill legendary pokemon if they try this.

I thought it might provide an interesting twist. You could even have the group trying to drain legendaries go after TL as well as TR, since there's no certainty that they like either side.

I leave the decision to you. If it's not okay, I'll either come up with something else, or stick with the breeding project.

-----

Umbra of Doom/Parugi

After Shade is defeated, he'll likely be in trouble with the admins, since he failed an important mission, which he himself had promised Sleight would succeed. That combined with his plan to overthrow the Shadow Admins make a bad combination, so I was wondering what you think would happen afterwards. Would he keep his position or would he be removed from Team Rocket. btw, could Shade also catch a Zubat/Golbat at one point?

During the battle at Coronet, we planned to imply that Arceus was watching. The way this happens is this: We get beaten badly by Shade, as it rains very oddly, only on Spear Pillar. We feel rejuvenated by it and beat Shade back. Then, during the fight, when Shade nearly kills Bria, the rain keeps her alive afterwards. Finally, as Seth and Shade fight, the ground that Shade stands on gives way, and Shade grabs Seth. The dragon trio imply that they were being watched, while everyone catches a glimpse of a silhouette. It's basically implying that Arceus is using Judgement, but, if you don't approve, could just be representative of our determination to win.

Also, Alku, Kinali and I, have discussed that after we beat Shade, we each receive a part of the orbs from the dragons that we each correspond to, like Seth gets a part of the Adamant orb, Kinali gets a part of the Griseous orb and Evan gets a part of the Lustrous orb. These shards allow us to communicate with the dragons and each other. We also considered having them allow us to briefly summon them, but I think it should only have a projection of them with weaker attacks, which we would only use when we have no more Pokemon.

One more thing, I had an idea for a new character, Adam Sombra, who is a complicated character. Basically, he's a very mysterious Dark-type trainer and someone who is the one responsible for Shade's dark aura, which will go out of control on Spear Pillar. He's complicated in the fact that he's not human, but a strange Darkrai who was turned into a human by Arceus/Dragon Trio. He'll also be the one who saves Shade from death, since falling off of a very tall mountain is not advised tongue.gif

So yeah, I just wanted to get your view on these things. The fate of Shade and the shards are the parts I really wish to keep, while the other two I could change.

~Det
-----
All of it's approved, but you'll need to 1. use the projection idea for the dragons and 2. you guys won't be able to use them that often, since that's still a really powerful weapon.

I imagine Shade would either be:
1. Demoted -- a lot.
2. Kicked out of TR.
or 3. Imprisoned, and then rescued by someone outside of TR.

-----
Alrighty, thanks. I think we'll go with the imprisonment idea, so that Sombra can break him out.

-----

Detranix/Parugi. Projected-Dragon idea has never actually been used and may or may not even be considered approved anymore in light of the changes to Legendary ownership.

Parugi,

A while back, I think it was Bounty who mentioned that Jessica would get promoted to Executive after the empty Admin slot was filled. This was after Jessica presented the data she and her team retrieved from the Alamo. Did that ever get finalized?

Also, I was wondering if it would be alright for Jessica to receive the TM for Flamethrower to give to Aderyn, since she just evolved.
-----
Mm... if I remember correctly, Sleight approved it, so yeah, she should have been promoted by now -- I think the reason it seems like it hasn't happened yet is because she's been in and out of Chapel so much and so hasn't actually received the news yet.
If you want, you can have a message arrive via Poke Gear informing her that the promotion has been fully processed or something. happy.gif

And yeah, that would be fine.

-----
Alright. I'll have her receive it after this whole business at Paradise is wrapped up and then get her back to going after Groudon.

-----

Promised Land/Parugi.

Team Liberty:
TL's attempt to defeat TR at Paradise continued (obviously) and got extremely confusing. Skipping all the unnecessary battle details, essentially TL was beaten in the hallway with Jayron, James and Scott in it, thanks to reinforcements from several Rockets, including Robert Hawkins, who had teleported there with the Alpha Deoxys, who fought against one of TL's Deoxys. After intense fighting, Alpha 'won,' and he and Robert teleported to Buzz's office (continued in TR section) while Scott, TL's Deoxys and Yawn teleported outside to go look for Jirachi, along with Geoff.

In the other hallway, Surge, Koga and Sabrina betrayed TL and TL was defeated. Silvermind was brought to Buzz, though all of the player characters got away; the TL NPCs were imprisoned. Silvermind contemplated making a better team, and Buzz threatened to kill her, though he was stopped by Alpha Deoxys and Jessica Ortrune, who had gone with Silvermind to see Buzz.

Goldhawk and Blackskull, meanwhile, hurried to a lab in the Alamo to confront an intruder, who turned out to be John Ford. Ford attacked them with a superpowered Darkrai, though they managed to defeat it with the help of Regirock, Regigigas and Mew. Ford then ordered his Darkrai to use Spacial Rend, before leaving the Alamo. Blackskull was sucked into the portal and into another dimension; his status is not known. Scott, Jayron and James were brought back to Four Island by TR's Darkrai, and then the former two went to Goldhawk to report Silvermind's capture, only to find him in a state of shock. They and several medics and elites are trying to figure out what to do next

Meanwhile, the Jirachi team somehow got retconned to Mirage Island (and I still need to slap them upside the head for that) where they found a Jirachi, who woke up soon after and offered to battle them for its allegiance. Unsurprisingly, he had an unfounded hate for TR already, so we can assume that Jirachi will be joining TL soon.

Meanwhile, in Hoenn, the Ho-oh group went to the desert to capture Entei and were attacked by Janine and Jason (I think -- I'll need to check that.) They were defeated, though not before capturing Entei, and then headed towards Mauville City's power plant to capture Raikou. Raikou, who was confused following the disappearance of Ho-oh, attacked them, and they fought back, though the fight was interrupted by the Raikou from Orre, who turned out to be female. She explained that the various Raikou, Suicune and Entei around the continents were beginning to lose control of their powers as well as their minds; the TL group explained that Ho-oh had joined them voluntarily, refusing to listen to her points about that not mattering and that regardless of it he joined of his own accord or not, he needed to return to the skies to lead the beasts once more. The TL team offered to take the three to the Sevii Islands to speak with Ho-oh, to which they agreed. They are now speaking with Ho-oh and Lugia, though because of the influence of EL and the controllers of the TL team, Ho-oh won't listen either.

Speaking of Suicune, Promised Land's two TL characters traveled to Ekruteak City to try and find a Suicune there, along with Bundalings's Executive character. They are on the Burned Tower, and are close to getting to Suicune.

Cal, Sonic's character, also traveled to Purgatory and delivered Registeel and another Legendary who I forget. Bounty demanded a rematch before he would allow Cal to join, and the two are now battling.

Omega's character also went to look for Blue; he just got to the Veridian Gym.

Oh, and Kinali's group began an infiltration of Team Galactic's HQ in Sinnoh, to obtain Dialga and Palkia's Orbs. They just released a Rotom who was being forced to provide power to the HQ, and who just joined them, while Evan distracted the guards.

Team Rocket:
See above for the result of the Paradise battle. TR members Gavin, Quinn, Kothra's characters and several other TR members arrived to help win the battle. Gavin's Staryu also evolved.

Ford reported what had happened at the Alamo to Sleight, though he wrongfully assumed that both Goldhawk and Blackskull had been killed. He then threatened to do the same to TR if they did not hand over power to him, before leaving the conversation with Sleight.

Buzz, meanwhile, interrogated Silvermind and received a Tyranitar earlier on. The rest of Paradise is being cleaned up right now.

At Chapel, Ethan Worth was assigned to train a new kid named Jericho. After giving him a rough layout of the base, Jericho challenged him to a battle, and Ethan led the way to the fields, where they are currently battling.

Other:
Cyan Vero traveled to Silph Co. to finish a project from the last resistance he was in. He created a data chip, which was the egg of a prototype Porygon, which soon hatched; other Porygon were also given to several other scientists for the experiment. They then traveled to Goldenrod City to absorb power from several Unown in Hoenn. The Unown fought back, driving them out, and returned to covering the skies. Cyan then traveled to Lavender Town so as to capture a Darkrai there, and was threatened at gunpoint by a girl named Shadow. He is currently battling Darkrai.

And I think that's about it. I'll send more info if I remember anything else, but that's a pretty complete recap. happy.gif

-----
Thanks. Are you sure I can't do the flute misson... It could have significance later on. Besides, Arkeus might be powerfull, but not invincible. and of course it would be difficult to call him.

------

Parugi/Ecketzal. Flute question was in relation to a proposed plot involving the summoning of Arceus, which was and will continue to be shot down.

That's about a page's worth of information. Will add more in a separate post.

EDIT: More.

What would have happened to Green's Pokedex after she died?
-----
It's probably at the Alamo.
-----
So, no-one would have taken possession of it or anything, like how Yellow had temporarily received Red's Pokedex when he went missing ? Just wanna figure that out. =P
-----
Nope: I expect it would have been kept as sort of a memorial for her or something. :3
-----
Ah; I see then. Now; how exactly would this effect the Pokedex Resonance? Since one Pokedex Holder's gone and all...
-----
... How has it affected them in the past?
Sorry; I haven't actually read much of the manga, so I wasn't aware of any adverse effects killing off one the Dex characters would have. XD But I assume if there have been problems rising from one of them being incapacitated in the past, then a similar problem would rise in the RP.
-----
None of them have ever died; well, aside from that one minor problem, but every single Gen 1 Pokedex Holder was affected then too. =P That's why I asked; since the Gen I Dex Holders are unique as well; they're the only Dex Holder group that has 4 members; Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow.

Now; here's a secondary question... Is it possible that a backup Pokedex could fill any gap left by Green's death? Question resulting from the fact that Professor Oak upgraded their Dexes from their Gen I Dexes to the FR/LG National Dexes. However, Yellow got one near the end of FR/LG, likely being Red's old one... Would that mean there might be able to be a similar situation?
-----
Well, again, it depends -- are we talking mystical effect or just emotional effect? Cause if its a mystical effect then I have no idea what that would be/was manifested as in the manga -- hence why I asked what sort of effect it had there when someone was incapacitated.

Anyway, I guess one could, but I don't really think the Dex people are all that special here, anyway; as I said they aren't as widespread as they sued to be, implying that there was a similar situation here at one point as there was in the games -- as in, quite a few people had them. :3
-----
1. Not sure; four of them were taken out; and they didn't show what happened to the Johto Dexes when Silver was taken out.

2. Unless maybe more Dex Holders were 'chosen' as a result of the whole War? Plus, it has been like 20 years, there was like 13 Dex Holders in around 10 years in the Manga.

3. The Resonance effect is mostly a triple/quadruple beeping, on each of the Pokedexes. More effect as more of the Dex Holders gather I'd assume.
-----
Soo.... essentially... when one of them is incapacitated or killed, it has no adverse effect on any of the other Dex peeps?

I'm sure more could have been added to the group, but again, they aren't that special here, so it's not an incredibly important group that would need to be constantly tended to/refilled.
-----
Not themselves; though they lose a ton of their group's power, especially since Red does something that gets himself taken out of action for at least a little bit at least once every arc. =P But no true adverse effect on themselves.
-----
... Still a tad confused, sorry. XD
If I'm understanding this right, when they were on the same side, one of them dying would have had an effect on them as a group, but not as individuals. Since they're already split up between the two teams, then whatever effect one of them being dead would have on the others would be essentially nonexistent, right?
So, if I'm right, then Green being dead shouldn't have any effect whatsoever on any of the other Dex dudes. :3 But all that fringes on if I'm right about this or not. XD
-----
Essentially the only 'effect' is that their Pokedexes beep in 'resonance' with each other, alerting them that the Pokedexes of that set are nearby.

Technically that's right, and likely Yellow's Dex could fill any gap anyway. =P
-----
Alright; so that would be the answer to this whole conundrum. tongue.gif
-----
Would it be possible that Yellow got the National upgrade as well?
-----
Sure.

-----

Blade/Parugi.

History of Sombra and his followers!

Well, many years ago, Arceus decided that in the event of something happening to the Dragon Trio, there should be someone to try and maintain Time and Space while Dialga and Palkia are either replaced by others (Basically there is only one of each at a time) or healed. Arceus chose several Darkrai, who were the ten most powerful of their kind. They were given the ability of Time and Space and were meant to use their powers to keep Time and Space flowing as normal. Of course, one of them, the strongest of them all, decided that he wanted to use his powers for his own goals and incited his brothers and sisters to do the same. They gathered up humans and Pokemon alike who shared their goal of domination to form their army.

When the strongest one, Sombra (The Darkrai, who we'll call SombraD) led his army, he had nine other Darkrai who also had the ability to perform Spacial Rend and Roar of Time. After Sombra's defeat at the hands of Arceus and the Dragon Trio, he was stripped of his powers over Space and Time and was sealed away. Sombra's followers were also sealed away, in these places: Lost Tower, Wayward Cave, Shoal Cave, Mirage Tower, Lake of Rage, Sprout Tower, Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel. The ninth Darkrai, who was the second most powerful Darkrai, was not sealed away with the others, but it is unknown to even SombraD the reason for this. The rumors are that these are the reasons that the ninth is not sealed:
-It betrayed the others
-He was not present when Arceus banished the others and managed to evade his watch
-He found a way out on his own
-He was released by his owner

It should be apparent by now that the ninth Darkrai is Ford's Darkrai. SombraD is unsure of whether his former follower wants anything to do with him anymore. Sombra (Human projection Adam, who we'll call SombraA) has been trying to track down this Darkrai, but has had very little success in locating it. On his quest to make sure that the other followers are prepared to follow SombraD again, SombraA has also been on the lookout for any sign of "Nine". He is unaware of who Ford is, or his location, otherwise he would simply use a portal to find him.

So, I was wondering if it would be alright for SombraA to meet with Ford's Darkrai to discuss what his choice will be: Wait for SombraD's return, or stay with its current master. It is alright if no, it was just something I thought about. I just wasn't sure if you had something else planned for the Darkrai or not.

Basically, what SombraA wants is for "Nine" to use Spacial Rend to further weaken the seal on SombraD and let him begin to regain his power faster than with just eight. But, "Nine" will also have to be present at Sinjoh Ruins for a SombraD's return to use Roar of Time on the tear in space that will appear to fully return SombraD to the world. After that, he can leave to return to his trainer. The reason I wanted to ask this is just in case "Nine" is already in battle and has to leave, so it's basically up to you.

So... yeah. If anything confuses you, just ask.
-----
Sounds good, only I had originally planned for Ford's Darkrai to have literally absorbed the ability to control time and space from another dimension via experimentation, but I can work this into it -- say, by using that process to instead enhance his already-present abilities. Would you mind if I made the Shadowed Man knowledgeable about this whole ordeal via information obtained from his Darkrai?

Other than that, yeah, it sounds awesome, and a confrontation between SombraA and Ford's would be fine, not to mention incredibly interesting.

-----
Sure, that's fine, it would make it pretty interesting to SombraA. Why don't we go with Arceus having stripped Ford's Darkrai of its powers, like it did to SombraD, but it managed to regain its powers through that experimentation? I think that works out.

Indeed it would be an interesting confrontation.

-----

Detranix/Parugi

Okay. I want to get Selene back, but a deux ex machina would be...a bad idea. Therefore, if Selene would temporarily act as an NPC (you control her primarily,) I would like to use the executive charaslot to make a plot arc of my own...

Okay. Scott Stone has heard of an anti-Rocket company in Hoenn that specializes in using Dugtrio (hence the name "Soil Colossus Inc.") for sapping underneath Rocket installations. Scott and a few others go over the the firm. They agree to rescue Silvermind from Hoenn for 50,000 Poké. TL pays the sum, and Silvermind is rescued successfully this time as the Dugtrio of the firm, along with a stealthy Banette belonging to the company CEO, Carl Sandrock, simply locate Selene, rescue her and her Pokemon (Scott Stone also catches his Beldum at long last,) but now, here's the catch.

Soil Colossus Inc. is more sinister than suspected. Carl double-crosses TL, instead kidnapping Selene and demanding a ransom of...the legendary Pokemon Manaphy. He offers this to the first side to be able to get a Manaphy: In short, Team Rocket could also join in. The side who gets it last is encouraged to come anyway to see if they can't get Silvermind back themselves.

After one faction hands Manaphy to Carl, he hands Selene back, before setting Manaphy's Pokeball in a slot in his chair. It turns out that Carl had long ago stolen the Pokemon mind-control research of the old Rockets, and he figured out that with a little modification, he could use Manaphy's powers over water to mind control humans instead: We're 2/3s water, and our brains have even more water in them. He tests his "throne" by mind controlling Silvermind (and perhaps a Rocket leader) and forcing her to use her Pokemon against TL as Carl sends out his Pokemon. Insert long, grueling battle. Scott Stone realizes the throne is key before he also gets mind controlled, but Armaldo continues, realizing what is at stake. Losing Rock Slide, he fires five boulders at the plugs that are powering the machine (Rock Blast,) depowering the machine and allowing Silvermind and Scott Stone to move in and defeat Carl. From there, a teleport NPC gets TL out. Carl is captured, his faction disbanded (or maybe not,) and Silvermind is returned (at this point Carl is turned back into an NPC and Silvermind into my PC,) a bit wiser for her experiences.

Also, the character in question:

Username: High Templar Neya
Name: Carl Sandrock
Faction: Neutral, but the head of his own business, the "Dugtrio Firm" called Soil Colossus Inc.
Hometown: Pewter City
Appearance: Carl is tall, has light, nearly white skin, wears a business suit at all times, and has a Dugtrio tattoo on the back of each hand. He wears sunglasses and has orange hair.
Personality: Carl tends to put on the appearance of being a calm, dignified businessman in personality.
Background: Carl's background is relatively uncertain. What is known: He is from Pewter city, he dislikes Team Rocket, and he started his firm about 13 years ago.
Pokémon: Garchomp, Electivire, Banette, Taillow

Moderator-only notes: Soil Colossus Inc. has a secret (though primary) mafia-like branch within its home Sinnoh region, similar to pre-Shadow admin Team Rocket. It is still a "Dugtrio Firm" in that they do primarily specialize in Dugtrio, but his specialty is using Dugtrio as sappers. It's advertised in Hoenn due to its shaky reputation in Sinnoh not having yet crossed overseas.

Species: Garchomp
Nickname: Don Superior
Trainer: Carl Sandrock
Appearance: Garchomp has a bigger male "fin dent" than normal, signifying its strength.
Personality: He has a coldly ADAMANT personality, serving his trainer with utmost loyalty. He was said to be tamed by Carl personally as a Gabite.
Ability: Sand Veil
Specialty: Don Superior is VERY accurate, letting him naturally use move miss-prone moves more easily with less risk. He is also strong, a fact that grows truer when it uses Swords Dance, and quite fast.
Known Moves:
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Rush
Stone Edge
Crunch
Aqua Tail

Species: Electivire
Nickname: Don Tesla
Appearance: Don Tesla's tails have specialized crystal-shaped metal "tasers" attached to the tips, said to allow it to emulate the move Volt Tackle. It also has lime-green eyes.
Personality: Don Tesla is morbidly JOLLY, loving battle and ruthlessly chasing down foes.
Ability: Motor Drive
Specialty: Don Tesla is an all-out attacker, and is faster than usual for Electivire. He moves quickly, hits quickly, and deals damage quickly. He is good at knowing the right move for the job.
Known Moves:
ThunderPunch
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Cross Chop (egg move)
Volt Tackle (special move. You let somebody else do it...besides it makes far more sense on 'Vire than Pikachu or even Raichu anyway. Game Freak just wanted an excuse to make Pikachu useful.)

Species: Banette
Nickname: Don Tosh
Appearance: Don Tosh looks like a normal Banette.
Personality: Banette is quite HASTY, but he'll slow down if it's required.
Ability: Insomnia
Specialty: Don Tosh is the weakest of Carl's "primary" Pokemon, but he's still pretty darn strong. His purpose is not to directly assault the foe, but to soften it up with moves like Icy Wind, Will o' Wisp, and Pain Split so the other Dons on the team may benefit. A side note is that he can use Will o' Wisp on Don Falcon to activate its Guts ability, a task it has done multiple times before.
Known Moves:
Pain Split
Substitute
Icy Wind
Will o' Wisp
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak

Species: Taillow
Nickname: Don Falcon
Appearance: Taillow has scorch marks on its feathers, which it bears with pride. These are old burns triggered from Don Tosh's Will O Wisp. It also has a chest that is a deeper, darker red than usual, more akin to Swellow.
Personality: Don Falcon is perhaps a little more honorable than the other three members of Carl's team.
Ability: Guts
Specialty: Taillow is fast, but it truly shines when its ability is activated and granted even more attack power.
Known Moves: 
Facade
U-Turn
Aerial Ace
Brave Bird (egg move)
Quick Attack
Roost

Good plan? Basically Scott Stone decides to look into Soil Colossus to rescue Silvermind, Carl complies for money but then he kidnaps Selene and will only release her for Manaphy, both sides try to catch Manaphy, winning side hands in Manaphy while losing side comes in, Manaphy is used as fuel for a human mind control machine, both sides must fight mind-controlled Silvermind and Carl's own Pokemon, Scott Stone realizes the throne is key, Armaldo uses Rock Blast to disable machine, Silvermind is teleported out (with a potential struggle for Manaphy) as Rockets arrest Carl. One side gets Manaphy, Carl is arrested, Silvermind is returned to me as a PC.

Once again, good plan?
-----
All I can say is that I sincerely hope my battle with Sisen is over by the time this starts, as I think it would eb awesome if I could get Kyle involved... [in retrospect, I take this back.]

In other words, yeah, this is approved. If you need a TR leader to be brainwashed I'd be more than willing to temporarily to set up Joker for it -- it'd be a bit ironic given her obsession with psychics and mental powers and whatnot.

The only thing I'd change/reconsider would be the Scott realizes what's going on/Armaldo destroys the machine bit -- while it makes sense since you know what's going on, it'd be a little unfair to other players if your characters were the only heroes in that regard.

-----
I'll only have Scott Stone do it if there really isn't anyone else who gets from the context of our posts that there are plugs in the wall that power the machine.

BTW, Soil Colossus Inc. references something Pokemon-related on another forum. Guess.

And yeah, it would be interesting. Especially since it's using a different form of mind control than she's used to: The form used is basically Avatar The Last Airbender's Bloodbending, instead of the psychic powers she normally likes. Besides, an opportunity to characterize arguably the least-characterized Shadow admin yet.

BTw, his HQ is in Sunyshore City.

-----

Neya/Parugi. Entire plot ended up being a clustercuss and certian details, like Sunyshore, were not recalled during SCI's defeat.

From Umbra of Doom:
-----
After a bit of work, I finally finished my third character's profile. We'll just have to see how this works...

Username: Umbra of Doom
Name: Goes by the codename 'Phantom'. Real name: Dara Trina
Faction: A hidden organization in Isshu, consisting of Psychics and other 'gifted people'. They are mostly based in Isshu, and use agents like Dara to keep them informed about the war. Dara is also an agent for hire, usually hired by TR for various retrieval missions. For the right price, she also willingly works for many other people, such as Ford and the Searchers, whoever is willing to pay, though there are conditions...
Hometown: Hiunn City, Isshu.
Appearance: Average height for her age. Black hair, Brown eyes, and very light skin. She's very acrobatic, and can infiltrate the smallest possible locations in silence. Usually wears a black outfit, sometimes with a cloak or dark glasses to conceal her identity. In addition, she wears a belt full of gadgets that help her sneak through buildings undetected.
Personality: Very smart and cunning. Because of her past, she has a strong dislike for other people (except the Psychic organization members) and only ever has feelings for her pokemon. Over time, she has learned to use human emotions like greed and anger to her advantage, and became a deadly secret agent. Because she likes pokemon more than her own kind, she will not accept missions that will bring them harm as a result.
Background: Sometime a few years after her birth, Dara was abandoned by her parents and sent to a foster home, where she came to hate other people and love pokemon. With the help of a Scyther, she broke out and disappeared, joining up with various gangs where her dark emotions soon helped her out. She learned a lot with these gangs, and at age 19 she began to hire herself to anyone who had a job they were willing to pay a lot to have completed. She joined a mysterious group in the Isshu region that was for 'gifted individuals', after they learned that she possessed Psychic abilities. They tasked her with keeping an eye on TR and TL's ongoing war, and to gain the trust of one of their sides. She took on the codename 'Phantom', and while Team Rocket gained power, she began to take jobs for them, earning respect among their ranks. She became an expert hacker and infiltrator, and soon learned about a few other groups, such as the Searchers and Ford, who also seemed to support TR. While continuing to accept jobs, she has also been trying to learn more about these other groups.
Pokémon: In addition to the Scyther (Male) she has lived most of her life with, Dara also has a Ghastly (Female) that she caught as well.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

If you want her to start out with Ford or someone else, that's fine too. I intend for her to start in Isshu, but she would be sent to help keep Selene locked up. I haven't come up with any name for her 'organization', only that they like to know everything and everyone. What they don't know, they find out. I don't have any extensive plans for this organization until we get some actual info on the Isshu region, but they will likely be doing something involving the legends there.

Basically, I don't care where she really starts, but if you have any good ideas, I'd like to know.
-----
Personally, I'm fine with the character, but I'm really apprehensive about approving the group. We already have five groups against TL -- TR, Team Galactic, the Searchers, Ford and the Porygon group -- the former four all allied together whereas TL has no allies (aside form the temporary alliance with Soil Collosus, but that isn't going to last for very long) and, quite frankly, if this keeps up even I'm going to find it hard to believe that TL has lasted as long as it has.

So... thoughts? Suggestions? I think it might be interesting to see the group put to use, but given what has been said about Isshu already and taking the above about TL into consideration, it's going to need a lot of work before it gets approval from me.

-----

I haven't even figured out what Soil Colossus is yet...

I would be hesitant to approve anything that has to do with Isshu, and more hesitant to approve ANOTHER shady organization. But ultimately the choice is yours.

-----
Oh yeah, you've been absent for a while... XP Soil Colossus is a drilling company that secretly specializes in rescuing prisoners from the jails of several of the 'darker' groups in the RP, specifically Team Rocket, and has been used by individual TL members/citizens in the past to get their friends free from TR. With no other option Goldhawk turned to them to rescue Silvermind after being told of them by Neya's Scott character; the plan, currently, is for them to go on a little power hungry spree after rescuing Silvermind and demanding a Manaphy in return for her, alongside the money they originally wanted.
I should really get a big, massive recap written again... hm...

Anyway, yeah, those are mine and Rawr's thoughts as well, aside from one thing. Rawr suggests that we could have Team Plasma ally with TL, but I'm not so sure about doing that right now, if at all. Instead, I have a couple of ideas, specifically involving Bounty, that could also extend to them -- while I won't share the exact details, I can say that it involves an attempt to set up base in Isshu and a subsequent defeat at the hands of Plasma. This'll probably happen over the next couple of seeks, and once it's done TL will no longer be alone.

That aside, I suppose the verdict for the new group at this point is "no" for now?

-----

Yeah, we don'

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

• 1 month later...

well look I'm joining this wee

Username: Lontra Canadensis
Name: Elijah Lucas Brockway
Faction: None
Hometown: Viridian City
Appearance/General Traits: Elijah is of average height, about 5'9'', with somewhat long, wavy dark brown hair, green eyes, and a rather thin build - he has trouble putting on weight. He has large eyes set somewhat deep in a round face, with a fairly prominent nose. His face below the nose is generally covered by a beard, varying in length from a couple inches down to barely more than scruff, depending on how much he feels like letting it grow (or, sometimes more important, whether or not he remembers to trim it). His small size belies both a deep voice and an extremely voracious appetite—very rarely is there enough food around to fully satiate him. Fashion-wise, he still has rather little sense of what is trendy or cool; he dresses for comfort, and not much else, although he does at least make sure to wear clothes that go together and fit well.
Personality: Elijah is normally friendly, although he isn't very talkative around people he doesn't know well. He is very supportive, however, knowing that everybody can use a helping hand every once in a while. He's very loving of his Pokémon, and some would say he's rather doting of them, spoiling them worse than many parents spoil their children. He loves listening to and performing music, and absolutely detests having to wear hats or gloves, and loves temperate and colder climates. He also generally lets his Pokémon walk with him outside of their Pokeballs, although Omanyte oftentimes has to ride up on his shoulder or in an empty space in his pack, because it doesn't move quickly on land.
Background: Having been born in Viridian City, Elijah has never known a time when Team Rocket was not in control. He's been living under Big Brother's eye his entire life, basically. However, he has no love for Team Rocket, nor for any of the other factions cavorting about the various continents. His parents were politically neutral and stayed that way their entire lives, and so far he has done the same. So far, it seems to be working for him.

He started his own little journey relatively late, compared to others in the world, only beginning when he was about seventeen years old himself. He started off with an Omanyte his father gave him, a Pokémon the man had had revived at Cinnabar island before Team Rocket took over. His other two Pokémon - a Growlithe and a Dratini - he caught himself, relatively recently.
Equipment: His Pokedex, his map, his TM case and berry pouch, multiple pokeballs, a few potions, a lot of food, and a nice large hiking back pack to go with. Oh, and a ukulele, some replacement strings for it, and a tuner, and a small ocarina. Gotta have something to make music with, after all.
Pokémon: One Omanyte, one Growlithe, one Dratini.

Species: Omanyte
Nickname: None
Trainer: Elijah Lucas Brockway
Appearance: Pretty much average for an Omanyte, although one pair of tentacles - used primarily as arms by the Omanyte - is longer than the others.
Personality: Omanyte is almost entirely a reflection of his trainer. He's friendly, but most of the time he is quiet and reserved when he's around people he doesn't know. However, he does have a bit of an anger problem, and if you do make him angry, you can expect to have an Omanyte trying to wrap its tentacles around you and crush you in a battle.
Ability: Shell Armor
Specialty: Defense
Known Moves: Constrict, Withdraw, Bite, Water Gun

Species: Growlithe
Appearance: Aside from having a smaller tuft of fur atop its head than the normal Growlithe, there's no difference.
Personality: Growlithe is a very active and friendly little Pokémon, although one might not know it upon first meeting him; he loves to try and frighten people and other Pokémon by acting as mean as possible upon first meeting them, although after a short time it'll be obvious that he's just playing. He's definitely a little ball of infinite energy, too - practically the only reason Elijah lets him run around outside of his Pokeball is so that he'll actually be somewhat tired when it comes time to sleep. He often spends most of his days running circles around Elijah, Dratini, and Omanyte.
Ability: Intimidate
Specialty: Special Attack
Known Moves: Bite, Roar

Species: Dratini
Appearance: Dratini has larger fins, compared to the rest of her body, than the average Dratini, and is a little smaller than most, at five feet and seven inches in length.
Personality: Dratini is a very timid Pokémon, and is easily frightened; however, she is very affectionate and protective of her friends, and is also often the voice of reason with Elijah's other two Pokémon - she's generally the one to help keep Omanyte and Growlithe from getting into pointless fights with other Pokémon or with each other.
Ability: Shed Skin
Specialty: Attack
Known Moves: Wrap, Leer

Edited by Lontra Canadensis

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now