Mackron: The Vulture Warrior

The Pyro (From TF2)

Mackron:

The Vulture Warrior

By ToaOfAwesome

A few things to know before you start:

This is my first comic, so if there's something I am doing wrong feel free to tell me. Also, these images were made by me in Blender (the human parts were made in Makehuman, though). I know that (what's his name):Toa of Polygons, has already made a comic in Blender (in fact his comic is one of my personal favorites). I am NOT trying to copy his idea, in fact I got this idea long before I had ever seen his comics before. Also, this comic takes place in the same storyline as my currently going epic, The Chronicles of Masuko (http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=8772&hl=). If you have trouble downloading or accessing any PDF comics, please let me know in the comments as I would be happy to help when possible. Lastly, to clear things up, Mackron is in fact a Glatorian.

Along with those, I would like to quickly put in that when you download a comic it will say that there could be viruses in the file. The only reason it says that is because the file is too big to scan for viruses, but I assure you that there are no viruses on these files, so do not be discouraged by the message.

That said, enjoy! C&C is welcome.

Issue #1 PDF Download (Currently working on making a PNG file!)

WARNING: The end of this comic contains very mild gore. It is extremely brief and probably won't be noticed by most. If it were that bad I wouldn't have posted it. I just don't want it to take anybody by surprise. Thanks.

(https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-joMIsbuoMxWERaZEhVZDNRNTg/edit)

Issue #2 PDF Download/View <----------IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT!!!!! (But the view version really sucks quality-wise, so maybe you SHOULD download it after all.)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-joMIsbuoMxOUg1YTdiNTU4TWs/edit

NOTE: Okay, so yeah, some people have been unable to download the PDF, and also when I put it on google docs the quality goes down extremely, totally messing up the photorealistic vibe I'm trying to set. That said, I am going to start replacing the links to the PDF downloads with links to PNGs. I will try to do that today.

Edited by ToaOfAwesome

Herro there, person.

How are you?

Very interesting beginning, and your style is really cool. The detail in the models is amazing!

The story is interesting, but it's a bit hard to follow at times, but I got the general idea.

One question though, why is the Baterra pretty much an exact replica of your character with a different texture? It doesn't really look anything like a Baterra, and it almost seems like a light-powered clone. I get that it's hard to model characters, but in this case, you should make another, or at least new armor, weapons, and a helmet.

I would also recommend posting your comics on Brickshelf or something, just make some way to view it online without downloading. While I was downloading it, my computer gave me tons of "Warning: this file may have viruses" messages, so that might discourage a lot of people from reading it. It took me a few tries to finally download it.

@Click

Thanks. The baterra looked like him because he shapeshifted into him. I don't know why I made him glow though, I just thought it would look cool I guess. There will be new characters in the next issue, don't worry.

@Flaredrick

The person with robotic eyes is the baterra, it's organic parts melted away revealing its camera eyes. As for the mask, I'm glad that you noticed that, it's kind of a joke because he has the same power as it. That and he is a stylized model of the original MOC I made.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

You should have seen it rendering. Without the lighting you could see EVERYTHING! I even tried to blur out some parts because they made me feel sick. All in all it turned out okay, but before then it looked like his eyes were getting ripped apart. I even thought of keeping one eyeball in there and having it fall out, but I decided that would be a little too much.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

Maybe, but I'm just afraid they might have too much impact on the future storyline (this and the chronicles of masuko are going to cluster together with future comics and epics until it reaches a giant climax thing). Still, it would be cool to animate somebody else's design more realistically in Blender, so I guess I might. Did you have somebody in mind?

Herro there, person.

How are you?

• 2 weeks later...