TSO Origins theory

Since TSO's past is so uncovered and his species has not been released, could it be possible he is a Great Being? That would explain his odd set of powers that isn't based on any one element. BS01 says that Great Beings have a varying set of powers. Anyone see logic to this?

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

The Dark Hunters guidebook has got a backstory for TSO already- he lived on an island which collapsed into civil war due to Ancient's mercenary antics. TSO liked Ancient's mercenary career model, and they founded the Dark Hunters together.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I know that but usually they are subpowers. It's just an oddity.

Some of them, such as heat vision or vacuum, are subpowers of elemental powers, yes. But a lot of them aren't, such as teleportation, etc.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I know that but usually they are subpowers. It's just an oddity.

It's really not odd at all. It's a universe filled with beings with all kinds of powers. And no limits or standards were ever established for the non-Matoran sapient species, so it's basically "anything goes". Plus many other DH also were non-Matoran beings with powers.

Anywho, we can't use "he's a Great Being" to solve every little mystery. :P I was under the impression Greg meant that Velika was the only one in hiding in the contest, too, so it would seem this is impossible. (But I don't recall if he directly stated that.) There's plenty of reason for an important guy like TSO to keep his secrets without them being such grand ones. He's got tons of enemies, and the less they know about him the better strategically.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to give you a detailed explanation of why TSO wasn't a GB, but...

Someone asked Greg this at one point and he said no.

Yeah,.......self-explanatory

TSO could be the last of his kind. Possibly a kind hunted down my the Makuta. I mean; do they ever explain why TSO hates the Makuta so much? There had to be more that what was told....

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO, I think slifer might be on to something.

There have been a lot of cannon changes that are a result of real world events. Like naming day was created because of a lawsuit. Greg hasn't told us the shadowed one's real name because of the negative reaction to teridax's naming, so he hasn't told us the shadowed one's real name. Maybe the storyline explanation of this is that he's a great being in disguise like velika, but got bored after the events on his home island and thought going into buiseness with ancient would be fun. I don't know, though. just a thought.

Maybe the storyline explanation of this is that he's a great being in disguise like velika, but got bored after the events on his home island and thought going into buiseness with ancient would be fun.

It has been confirmed both that he isn't a Great Being - having more than one in the MU would kind of diminish the importance of Velika in the first place - and that he started the Dark Hunters alongside Ancient in order to become something more than just another worker or soldier. His name is one thing, but it doesn't need any further explanation, because its storyline importance has been clear ever since TSO was introduced: As the leader of a vicious mercenary army, he simply does not want anyone to know any details about him that could later prove troublesome.