The Cantina

then why are they even fighting?? couldn't some diplomat forge a treaty between the two?

Those two guys there? See, they're the GMs. Which means they're going to try to sell you some sense of 'realism'. But, see, I know better. The real reason the war never stopped -

Because then there would be no plot.

And now you know.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

And, you know. Religious war. One scarsely needs to turn their head to see why eons of fighting between the Light and Dark sides of the Force wouldn't evaporate because of a diplomat. We are talking about a fundamental philosophical rift in the very nature of reality here.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

And that's putting it kindly. I hate Jedah of Darkstalkers origin, but even that pales in comparison to their hate. It's an absolute blood lust, essentially.

Which makes the Jedi Sith. It's all meaningless and pointless violence.

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

Name: Abraham Vos
Species: Human
Faction: None
Sympathies: Abraham favors neither the CIS, nor the Republic. In his eyes, both are equal in their atrocities in a war that never should have happened.
Occupation: Smuggler, bounty hunter, a freighter of cargo, a carrier of passengers, really, he'll take whatever job he can get, so long as it agrees with his moral compass. Which, shockingly, he does possess.
Skills: Abraham is a skilled combatant, and a remarkably shrewd individual. Well, I say skilled combatant; in truth, he is not well-versed in any specific fighting style. He simply is clever and pragmatic enough to tie what he does know together into a lethally effective combination. He has no aversion to fighting dirty if it suits him, and he has no problem kicking a foe while they're down if it is necessary. He also is a competent pilot, enough to fill in for Roka, if she is unavailable. He's also remarkably adept at negotiation, and he has amassed a reasonable level of technological savvy.
Force Abilities: None
Equipment or Weapons: Abraham never goes anywhere without three things; a communicator, a blaster pistol, and a single Beskar combat knife that he took off of a dead Mandalorian. He has been known to wear a light weight set of blaster resistant battle armor when the situation calls for it, as well.
Appearance: Abraham is a rather tall man with dark brown hair, hair that is rarely, if ever, maintained. He has a fondness for wide brimmed hats, though in his line of work, he is rarely able to wear them. He wears a long gray coat, somewhere between the length of a trench coat and a duster, with a style more leaning to the former. It is rarely buttoned, which reveals the black and gray clothes beneath. He wears a set of battered black boots, with his combat knife stowed in a sheath on his waist. His pistol is holstered on the opposite side.
Personality: Abraham, overall, is a fairly pleasant man. Well, if you enjoy deadpan snarkery at every turn. He's been called by those who know him a "###### with a heart of gold", but some doubt the golden heart. In all seriousness, he is rarely outright unpleasant, unless someone else was first. But he is always ready with a quick, witty, and occasionally cutting, remark.
Home Planet: Coruscant
History: Abraham had a relatively normal childhood. Decent family, decent upbringing. His parents were by no means wealthy, but they got along in life just fine. But when he got older, he could see what was happening in the world. Politics, warfare. He wanted to get away from it all. So he hitched a ride to the planet the farthest out that he could find, and stayed there a time. And it was there that he found her.
Buried under tons of rubbish and scrap was a light cruiser, Defender-class. Originally the ship of a Jedi, and a mobile command center in its own right. The junkyard owner had no idea it was there, and it took a lot of persuading (And more than a few credits) to get him to part with her. Over the next few months, he would put together a crew through various means, and get the old girl back into shape. He had no intention of joining the war, but there was a lot of profit to be made, and a lot of people that could use a little help. After all, the CIS and the Republic alike had a habit of stepping on more than a few little people to get what they wanted.
Ship Name: The Combat Wombat
Model: Defender-Class Light Corvette
Function: Transport/Freighter
Weapons: Externally, the Combat Wombat's arsenal appears to have been kept to it's original compliment, with two turreted twin laser cannons mounted on each end of the wing-like bow. However, the ship's stock weapon systems have been augmented with additional weapons. The first of which are two missile launchers hidden behind panels just past the original laser cannons. They can be loaded with various types of warheads, though is most commonly equipped with magazines of six concussion missiles. These launchers have to be manually reloaded, and the missiles themselves don't come cheap. Furthermore, a ventral-mounted composite beam cannon adds some forward-facing firepower.
Modifications: The ship has, in large part, been kept stock. The ship's captain has never really had the money to upgrade it. However, due to its original purpose, it remains a reasonably well-powered craft. A secure holoterminal is installed on board, accessible both from the bridge, and the room that originally served as the conference room. The sensor array, once top of the line, is now at best mid-range. However, the place in which the ship excels is in its shielding. Having once been a Jedi's mobile command center, it is equipped with a heavy shield array, capable of deflecting several missile strikes before it fails. Well, when it's working properly. The old color scheme was maintained; it makes it easier to get through Republic space.
Background: The Combat Wombat, as it is called now, was originally the craft of a Jedi Knight. At least, that's how it was designed. The Defender Class was designed for use by the Jedi, and the Jedi alone. Hard to say exactly how, but one such craft ended up in a junkyard in a distant corner of the galaxy, rusting and in disrepair. It was half-buried underneath a mound of scrap and disused ships. The craft was, in most respects, intact. Only the blaster marks on the interior, and the rather suspicious stain on the conference room carpet, indicated what might have befallen the ship's previous owner. It took quite a lot of haggling to get the scrapyard's owner to relinquish his hold on the treasure he'd had under his nose the whole time, but it was eventually done. It is now captained by the same man that bought it, and the motley crew he's assembled over the years

There'll be about five related profiles following this, from an equally diverse number of people. Stay tuned.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I still need to know if my profile is approved.

Looks good to me. +2 :)@Snark As always you make interesting characters with great potential. also... The Combat Wombat is a fabulous name. Approved. +1@Gear - Approved +1@Ymper - And Gungans. Which reminds me...@All - Expect to see Lucas' favourite Senator from Naboo in the future. :)

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Nah, it's probably Padme, Palpatine was only senator in one movie, after all.

(I know that, sheesh. Don't take anything seriously from the guy using that mask as an avatar. :P)

Still, though, it would be a rather interesting twist were Palpatine to come back. Would be a shame to waste him, considering he basically died off screen in this RPG.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

he'll take whatever job he can get, so long as it doesn't agree with his moral compass.

So, he only takes jobs that don't seem morally right to him?

Given that he mentioned Gungans right before that reminded him that we'd be seeing George Lucas' favourite senator from Naboo, you all are really atrocious guessers.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

he'll take whatever job he can get, so long as it doesn't agree with his moral compass.

Given that he mentioned Gungans right before that reminded him that we'd be seeing George Lucas' favourite senator from Naboo, you all are really atrocious guessers.

No.

No.

No. I swear I'd blast that darned Gungan right between the monkeying around eyes before I'd let him be a General!

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

uh

You saw nothing....Well, now we have proof of why I should never write an entire profile in the middle of the night. :P I'll fix that typo in just a second, it was meant to say that he'd only take jobs that agree.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I don't even see how they would tweet in space...

wait.

Weapons that override communications devices to transmit an incessant, irritating tweeting noise into the cockpits/bridges of enemy ships...

BRILLIANT!

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Weapons that override communications devices to transmit an incessant, irritating tweeting noise into the cockpits/bridges of enemy ships...

BRILLIANT!

I'll contact the research department and get a prototype rigged up. I assume funding won't be a problem?

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Well, the concept mostly uses technology that already exists in this 'verse, so it shouldn't be too hard to rig one up.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

BRILLIANT!

I'll contact the research department and get a prototype rigged up. I assume funding won't be a problem?

I uh...

I claim copyrights on my design. >;D

you giaz can't touch mah missiles

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Oh, this wouldn't be a missile. Far too delicate to launch out of a ship.

Nope, shipboard electronics package designed to both disrupt enemy communications and drive them mad.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

You'll hear how it is later.

When you're trying to do the Kessel Run, so you can brag about running a marathon in eighteen miles.

And all of a sudden your comm just goes

WII U WII U WII U WII U WII U WII U

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Name: IG-1A aka "Iguana"

Species: Droid [iG-86]

Gender: Neither. Male pronouns match with its programmed voice patterns though

Faction: None

Sympathies: Empathy is for meatbags with their filthy glands

Skills: Marksmanship, hand-to-hand combat, use of explosives, exceptional agility. Also, more durable than fleshy meatbags, what with being metal and feeling no pain and all

Force Abilities: None

Equipment or Weapons: DAS-430 electromagnetic projectile launcher, ZX miniature flame projector (built into his right arm), DLT-20A Blaster rifle, Concussion grenade launcher, two WESTAR-35 blaster pistols [A note; he simply owns all of these, he's not carrying all of them all the time]

Appearance: As one of the IG-series of droids, he's got the distinctive bulbous body and spindly limbs, along with the oddly cylindrical head which is somehow less amusing when its staring right back at you with those glowing eyes and…pointy sensor things…Of note though, this particular unit has changed the lenses of his photoreceptors from red to blue, just to be a bit more stand-alone

Personality: Somewhat cold and emotionless, but what do you expect from a droid? He does seem to take some pleasure at needling his cremates though, and if he can feel pleasure then odds are he can feel other things…

Like hate. Probably a lot of hate.

Home Planet: Halowan

History: A mere fifteen years ago, a new batch of IG-86 sentinel droids was commissioned from Holovan Mechanicals to fill the orders from various patrons around the galaxy. There was nothing particularly special about this batch, they were simply your run of the mill bodyguards and assassins. But one by one they fell, taken out by other bodyguards or assassins, until only the very first to be finished and activated remained. It was then that some quirk of programming kicked in. The IG-series were always a touch more intelligent and creative than regular combat-serving droids, and something about being the last man standing gave this one a sense of…individuality, almost. It started calling itself IG-1A as this was both a logical yet symbolic representation of its state of being. As there were no others from its batch to live up to their good name, it'd have to do it himself. And that meant no more standing around watching fat Hutts get fatter. It faked its own destruction to get out of a bodyguard role, and started roaming the galaxy as a gun for hire, picking up any job that required shooting things. At some point it acquired a voice box package to enable it to speak, though rather than be from a B2 super battle droid, like it thought, it turned out to be from a 3PO-series protocol droid. This was…a little frustrating but a voice is a voice, and IG-1A performs its tasks with the same measure of skill no matter how the meatbags snigger. It would be illogical to get too worked up. And it can always shoot the ones it catches sniggering.

His current line of work has taken him to a certain Captain Vos. IG-1A's logic runs that someone who works for neither side can take jobs for booths, thus providing more opportunities to kill people and get paid. And the captain's…more noble tendencies meant he stood a higher chance of annoying people, which would lead to more opportunities to kill people. So many qualities which meant more work...

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

We need more sociopathic droids!

The Sith. Traditional bad guys of Star Wars. Sociopaths? Nope. But robot sociopaths? That's A-O-K! :P

(Before someone says something, yes, I still know that these Sith are different than the original Sith, but that doesn't make the joke any less not-funny.)

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Non-staff Snark will be punished by Rancors. A friendly tip!

:P

I exist.

Your point is invalid. :P

Dathomiri.jpg

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.