• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Cantina

Star WarsOOC

• Please log in to reply
1600 replies to this topic

#721 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

Madara: Mangekyou Master
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 06:07 PM

Iguana, approved! :D +2

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

#722 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 06:15 PM

+3 on Iguana. Shut up, of course it's necessary.

As for sociopathy... aren't most AIs sociopathic by nature?

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#723 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,657 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 06:31 PM

Well in Iguana's case it probably doesn't help that he is literally made for killing things :D

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#724 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,617 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:02 PM

who the heck let basilisk have friggin' rancors?

._.

anyway

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Name:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]Vyhl Dresak[/color]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Species:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]Galacian[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Gender:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]Male[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Age:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]29 Standard Years of Age[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Faction:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]None[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Sympathies:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]Sympathic towards the Republic, even if he's not exactly doing things that line up with their laws...[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Rank:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]None[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Occupation:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]Doctor, Smuggler, and everything in between.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Skills:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]Vyhl has a very extensive base in medical knowledge concerning most sentient, and some nonsentient, species. Quite good at stitching things back together, what he doesn't know he generally can guess. Combat-wise, he's not the best, but the fact that he has an intimate understanding of how bodies area supposed to work gives him a bit of an advantage when it comes to knowing where to hit to stop someone. Most resistant to colder temperatures than most sentient species, Vyhl finds such colder areas to be more comfortable.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Force Abilities:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]None.[/color]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Equipment or Weapons:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]In a bag slung around his shoulder he generally carries basic first-aid supplies, as well as having a few bacta sprays strapped to his belt. Owns a few plates of blast-resistant armor, which are really only a pair of gauntlets and a segmented chest plate. The left gauntlet has a scanner and medical readout built into it, while the right is equipped with a comlink and holoprojector. His unique Umbaran blaster rifle is his weapon of choice, having purchased the advanced blaster some time ago.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Appearance:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]Like all Galacians, Vyhl is physically similar to baseline humans, save his silvery-blue, “moonlight”, skin tone. As a result of hailing from the mountainous region of his planet, his eyes are darker than average, looking completely black in anything but direct light. Well built, but not overly muscular, Vyhl is slightly above average height for a humanoid. His silvery hair is normally worn short, though not styled in any regard.  Facially, he's somewhat strong featured, with a general elfin appearance.  His eyes are angled, with prominent cheek bones and a slightly pointed chin.  A trimmed beard covers the lower half of his face, obscuring his features somewhat.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Personality: [/color][/font][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Nonchalant, cool, not really one to have a temper, Vyhl is for the most part calm and collected. Can be a tad bit impulsive at times, but generally thinks things through before acting. Approaches problems with an unrelenting analytical mind, and has a bit of a problem giving up. Stubborn in the best of circumstances, he nonetheless does what he can to help those he's loyal to.[/color]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Home Planet:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]Gala[/color]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]History:[/color][/font] [color=rgb(47,79,79);]Vyhl grew up on Gala in releative comfort. His family mostly had positions in government, as such they lived in the more developed regions of the planet. Despite this, Vyhl himself spent most of his time in the mountains, visiting the nomadic groups known collectively as the Hill People. Never one to stay in one place for any length of time, the Galacian left his home at the first chance he got, and went on to wander to various planets, hitching rides on passenger liners from one place to another. Along one of such travels, the Galacian met with a certain Abraham Vos, and taking a liking to the human, joined his crew as ship's doctor not to long after.[/color]

Edited by Floridian Citrus, Jun 17 2013 - 08:56 AM.

01T3YDF.jpg

#725 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:05 PM

The same wonderful wonderful people who gave me Shoggoths.

+1

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#726 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:07 PM

So, what's your character's face look like?

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

#727 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,617 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:09 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]So, what's your character's face look like?[/color][/font]

what face

>.>

<.<

I haz no idea what you're talking about.

super quick edit tiem~

01T3YDF.jpg

#728 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:12 PM

Basilisk, you approved a character without any facial features. I want you to sit in a corner and think about that for a bit.

#729 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,897 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:12 PM

So, what's your character's face look like?

But that's pointless exposition, mate!

who the heck let basilisk have friggin' rancors?

I ask myself this question every night...

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#730 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:13 PM

Basilisk, you approved a character without any facial features. I want you to sit in a corner and think about that for a bit.

The creatures I have the most social interaction with are Shoggoths. Faceless masses of protoplasm.

You forget these things after awhile.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#731 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:13 PM

Meh, all Galacians look the same to me. What, I'm not speciest. jk Faces are important. Not everyone is a Shoggoth. 

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#732 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,617 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:15 PM

AHA NOW MY CHARACTER HAS SOME DISTINCTION FROM THE REST OF THE FACELESS MASSES

AHAHAHAHA

AHAHA

AH

*cough*

so like

are they actually his rancors

or is he just borrowing them

or

wat

._.

01T3YDF.jpg

#733 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

They are mine. I should know. I fed the person who owned them before me to Star Vampires.

Oh how I laughed.

#734 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

He's renting them at a very good price from the Nightsisters. Or at least, that's what I was told when I first asked. Dang... Basilisk, why did you have to involve the Star Vampires? 

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master, Jun 15 2013 - 08:16 PM.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#735 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:16 PM

Depending on the version you agree with, shoggoths do occasionally have facial features, they're just kind of Picasso'd all over the thing.

I, of course, prefer the 'giant amoeba' version to the 'skin-covered meatbag that spontaneously generates eyes and mouths' version. This has nothing to do with the inherent inferiority of meatbags, and everything to do with the fact that the second description looks bloody stupid.

#736 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hear, hear, Ymper! First version is much better. 

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#737 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:17 PM

He's renting them at a very good price from the Nightsisters. Or at least, that's what I was told when I first asked. Dang... Basilisk, why did you have to involve the Star Vampires? 

For kicks. Turns out the force isn't a match for a many-mouthed creature from beyond the veil of reality!

#738 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,617 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:18 PM

so

do I get any cool monsters

or do I have to like

feed their former masters to them

or something

do opee sea killers even like gungans?

01T3YDF.jpg

#739 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:19 PM

So uh

How strong are these features? Is there another fist behind his beard? Can he kill a man with his eyebrows?

#740 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:22 PM

Basilisk!! We have blasters, vibroknives, electrowhips, and skekfish for a reason. Well, I have skekfish for a reason.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#741 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,897 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:22 PM

[font="'Palatino Linotype';color:#9E6F00;"]do I get any cool monsters[/font]

[font="'Palatino Linotype';color:#9E6F00;"] [/font]

[font="'Palatino Linotype';color:#9E6F00;"]or do I have to like[/font]

[font="'Palatino Linotype';color:#9E6F00;"]feed their former masters to them[/font]

I dunno about you or them, but I got unrestricted access to any creatures from the Michael Kirkbride section of the Elder Scrolls. See Basilisk there? I managed to break his brain by showing him KINMUNE. So that means business.

#742 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:24 PM

In terms of gibbering horrorterrors from beyond the realm of sanity, my selection is rather limited. A selection of one, really.

I've just got myself, actually.

#743 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:24 PM

No. You just managed to make my brain angry. There is a difference.

#744 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:26 PM

In terms of gibbering horrorterrors from beyond the realm of sanity, my selection is rather limited. A selection of one, really.

I've just got myself, actually.

All hail Ymper! 

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#745 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Yeah, Basilisk's 'broken brain' mode functions more like a 'MAIM KILL BURN' mode.

#746 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,897 posts
  •  

No. You just managed to make my brain angry. There is a difference.

I count my victories where I can find them, and have implemented perhaps the best quote from the story into my signature for the time being.

#747 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

And skekfish. :3 

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#748 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:28 PM

Yeah, Basilisk's 'broken brain' mode functions more like a 'MAIM KILL BURN' mode.

I figure if I can't understand it, I should kill it until it can't hurt me anymore. :P

Righto. We should probably get back on topic.

So, the CIS is awesome.

#749 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, I still need to make more characters, but I can't do that until I've properly drawn a couple of them.

Speaking of which, what sort of blaster would be likely to be standard-issue for those who volunteer for the CIS army?

#750 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:30 PM

That is the most xenophobic thing I have read since leaving a certain mutant-based RPG. Skekfish. They are always on-topic. Anywho... I'm out for most of the night. Is there anything that I need to get to before leaving (besides the Edge)?

EDIT: Hey Ymper!! :D CIS... Man, that is a good question. The E-5 is definitely out. Its barrel overheats like a beach. 

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master, Jun 15 2013 - 08:32 PM.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#751 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:32 PM

Telling me which flavour of dakka is most appropriate for a CIS volunteer?

#752 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:32 PM

Whenever someone calls me a xenophobic human imperialist I add another notch to my chainsword. Which I then use to slay the vile xeno in the name of pure and glorious humanity! :P

Anyhow, 

http://starwars.wiki...5_blaster_rifle

Cheap and quick to make.

Edited by Basilisk, Jun 15 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#753 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:34 PM

And if the description on the wiki (CURSE YOUR LACK OF TECHNICAL DETAIL!) is anything to go by, inaccurate as heck. Because, you know, it's a villain gun, and villains always give their mooks inaccurate-as-heck weapons, because otherwise they might harm the designated heroes.

...huh. Yep, he's relying on his slugthrower.

#754 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:35 PM

The E-5 is horrible for organic troops. Horrible. No Basilisk. No. 

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master, Jun 15 2013 - 08:35 PM.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#755 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm tired and it's late, I figured a modified production line would work as just as well.

Edited by Basilisk, Jun 15 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#756 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,897 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:36 PM

... don't you guys think Basilisk might purposefully want people to take that gun out on the field so they can be killed?

(He's evil)

#757 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:38 PM

Who needs ergonomics when you've got...

uh.

Whatever the E-5 (obvious villain gun!) is good for.

How did the CIS actually decide to use 'Super' Battle Droids that FORGET ABOUT A TARGET ENTIRELY AS SOON AS IT LEAVES THEIR LINE OF SIGHT? MEATBAGS GET PAST THAT STAGE SHORTLY AFTER INFANCY.

#758 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:39 PM

It should be noted, the CIS has gotten general competence upgrades. The Super Battle Droid now has AI better then the mooks on the "easy" level of any given video game.

Edited by Basilisk, Jun 15 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#759 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:43 PM

I still don't get what glory George Lucas saw in his 'heroes' defeating 'villains' that were that grievously incompetent.

I mean

The General Grievous from Darths & Droids would have been a more compelling villain than the one he tried to use in the movies.

#760 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 08:43 PM

LUCASS!!!!

The CIS actually isn't doing too well. I imagine they're scrounging blasters off of dead clones and buying what they can off the black market. 

http://starwars.wiki...ution_(carbine)

or even this. Because (some parts) of (disputed) continuity can eat it.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users