The Cantina

Ta-da.

Name: Corey Jax

Species: Human

Faction: None

Sympathies: The Zann Consortium/The Combat Wombat

Skills: Her skills lay largely in her knowledge of engineering, primarily for starships, though she's always been good at understanding mechanical things. Other than that she really doesn't possess many other notable talents, besides a penchant for staff-fighting.

Force Abilities: Not applicable.

Equipment or Weapons: A retractable durasteel pole that is about four centimeters in length when retracted, but springs to a full meter when triggered. She possesses an old E-5 model blaster rifle, bought on the cheap during an excursion to the black market. Obviously, being a ship engineer, she also carries around a variety of maintenance tools with her.

Appearance: Corey is oddly tall for her gender, standing at 6'1 and making it really hard for her to get around in tight conduits. She possesses thick dark brown hair that is usually kept tied up so as to not get tangled into aforementioned conduits, as well as dark brown eyes. Her nose is very nosy, her eyebrows look something like this, and, like most normal people, her current clothing is entirely dependent upon what she puts on in the morning. She does shower after all. She does show a favorence for cargo pants and breathable shirts though.

Personality: Corey has a personality best described as “meh.” She's perfectly content to sit around in the engine room and mumble on to herself, or talk to someone who comes in. She's not exceptionally cheerful but she's certainly not a pessimist. Really she's just a normal person who loves the thrill of an adventure.

Home Planet: Corellia

History: Corey grew up on Corellia, a world known for it's somewhat roguish atmosphere, and ended up becoming a smuggler. Throughout her childhood she loved tinkering and mechanics, and her father, a minor government officer, was able to supply her with the funds to make true on her ambitions. When she enrolled into an academy for engineering on Corellia though, her life began to split off in another direction. She was an adventurous type, and the smuggler underworld of Corellia definitely gave her plenty of opportunities for it. During her academy breaks she'd strike off into space, often returning with more than a few bruises.

Her life would change when her father threatened to withdraw his support of her when he discovered what his daughter had been up to all this time. Yet, almost by coincidence, at this time she was being approached by a member of the Zann Consortium. Her exploits had made their way through the underground, and the Consortium was interested in a woman of her talents. So she began working with them during their spare time, while, in exchange, they paid for the remainder of her education. It would be later, aboard a ship conducting a spice run, that she would meet Abraham Vos. The two quickly struck up a deal together, though the Consortium was less than pleased with her sudden departure. All the same, she has not completely abandoned the Consortium, and still runs jobs for them from time to time, enough to keep her off their bounty list. She now works aboard the Combat Wombat, serving as it's principle engineer and keeping it flying.

Edited by Judge Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I just like having enough detail about characters for me to be able to draw them. I like knowing what a character looks like when they're angry, or happy, or sad, or whatever. Tuorri's profile was easy to do, because humans can barely tell the difference between Kobok face shapes anyway, and the main identifying features about his face are a dangly beard, a Fu Manchu moustache, a couple of broken bits of his face, and a tattoo that vaguely resembles an owl but isn't supposed to. Plus his main visible bit of clothing is a hobo coat, so that's easy enough.

Most characters in here, the face would be a blank space with eyes in it.

Anyway, what is the basis for the popular belief that her nose is particularly large and/or angular?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It was more a metajab at the current obsession over noses than anything else.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

And this is why so many people have to wait for Madara or Basilisk to approve a profile after Basilisk or Madara has already approved it.

The noses are an example, people, chosen because mine is particularly prominent. I'm just as concerned about eyebrows, mouths and chins.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Another much needed character.

Seriously, all the current clones are commandos or other "special" soldiers

Name: Ironside

Species: Human

Faction: Galactic Republic

Sympathies: None, his unquestioning loyalty to the republic prevents that.

Skills: As his name would suggests, Ironside has been through quite a lot. Where others would at least lose their footing by artillery fire hitting a little too close for comfort, Ironside powers on. He's sure-footed, tough, and a decent shot with most weapons. He's also a very competent hand-to-hand combatant, and not afraid to "play rough". Ironside has mastered the skill of inspiring bravery and hope in the men under his command, and is usually spearheading all assaults he takes part in. Ironside is very practical, always looking for the best solution to any problem, and never sees any serving clone as a "lost cause", preferring to think of them as a "work in progress".

Equipment or Weapons: Ironside carries a standard DC-15A Blaster Rifle, but he also has a single DC-17 Hand Blaster at hand. He'll also be seen with a V-1 Thermal Detonator or three, or even four.

Appearance: The distinctive features that separates Ironside from other clones are a bionic eye, appearing as a grey sphere with blue circuit lines, a scar on his right hand, and the fact that he wears the Phase 1 helmet. He picked it up in an armory once, finding its more rugged appearence to his liking. The helmet has a small brim over the visor, colored dark gray. his shoulderpads, his kneepads and a stripe on each of his handpads(?) also have this color. He has the same hairstyle and color as other clones, his voice, however, comes off as slightly more rough than the standard.

Personality: Ironside's biggest concern, at all times, are the men at his command. He's tough, but fair, even though he may come off as unreasonably stern to new recruits. Experience has shown him the realities of war, and he reasons that the best he can do is prepare any "shinies" as best as he can before they get their heads blown off. He's not the one to follow the "big picture", relying on his superiors for that, though he's good at making real-time field decisions. Ironside will steer clear of nothing to get his men through a battle as safely as possible.

Home Planet: Kamino

History: Originally bred as another generic private in the GAR, Ironside quickly earned both his nickname and a reputation for leadership. When his squad lost its officer, he was the one to take charge and pull them through, and when heavy fire rained on them, Ironside was always among the survivors. After being promoted to sergeant, Ironside has seen quite a bit of action, often finding himself deployed at the most contested battlefields the galaxy over, always working with his men to live to fight another day.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I can quite honestly say I don't know the various kinds of mouths, eyebrows, and chins, because I just let my brain fill those details in. Also because I don't really care about any of those three, because to me, a mouth is a mouth. I can kinda see it with the eyebrows though. Would a description containing "Evil Mirror Universe Spock Eyebrows" be suitable?

Edited by Judge Alex Humva

voidstars.png

So he's Col. Kilgore without the craziness. Ah well, I can live with that. +1 to Ironhide

@Alex: That's why I spend a fair bit of time figuring out how to describe the shapes of facial features - chins are easy. They can be squarish, round, pointed, cleft chins, wide chins, narrow chins... Noses are a lot of fun to describe. Long, broken once, broken twice, flat, narrow, wide, big nostrils, small nostrils, hatchet-shaped, hooked, crooked, upturned, downturned, Roman, pug... Mouths are variable, too. Crooked teeth, chipped teeth, teeth filed down to points, upper lip larger than lower lip, lower lip larger than upper lip, thin in general... Yeah.

Lots of noses. And yes, the eyebrow description is good.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The noses are an example, people, chosen because mine is particularly prominent. I'm just as concerned about eyebrows, mouths and chins.

Same here, man. And if you ever absolutely have to know, Jaron has sharp cheekbones and a pointed, though by no means large or small nose.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Col. Kilgore is an amazing character from the film Apocalypse Now. A wee bit mad, but one of the toughest people in the movie and pretty good at his job.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Second profile for approval:

Name: Viyali Sieg
Species: Human/Miralukan Hybrid
Faction: Jedi Order
Sympathies: Viyaly views things slightly different from how most Jedi do. Though she is loyal to the Jedi Order, and by extension the Republic, their codes of conduct are not necessarily viewed as her own. Rather, she has her own moral code, and acts on it first, and the Order's code second. The two are almost always in agreement, but in the event of a choice, it would be her own morals that she follows.
Skills: Viyali is a skilled duelist, to such an extent that she has demonstrated extreme competence against even other duelists. Her original training was in Form III, Soresu, so as to learn a solid defense. But in an era of war, defense alone was simply not enough. She is familiar with the methods of both variants of Form V (Shien and Djem So), enabling her to effectively combat blaster and lightsaber wielding enemies. She has also adapted some of the techniques of Jarkai to fit her rather odd choice of weaponry, though it is far from emphasized in her fighting style. However, her most solid fighting form is also the one she makes use of the least in genuine combat; Viyali is a practitioner of Form VII, more specifically, Vaapad. Few have witnessed her skill in the area, for one simple reason; if she has chosen to make use of Form VII, then she has chosen to utilize her full capacity. Outside of her physical combat capability, Viyali is quite knowledgeable in investigative and forensic techniques, allowing her to track or locate targets from minimal amounts of evidence. Though not nearly as knowledgeable as many of the Jedi's scholars, she spends much of her time reading through the many histories of the universe.
Force Abilities: Viyali's most developed Force ability is one born of necessity (Or so many believe). She is capable of using Force Sight to an extreme degree, able to perceive even the presence of Force ability in those around her, as many of the most skilled Miraluka are capable of doing. She is also adept at the usage of basic Force abilities, such as telekinesis, but her skill set is very, very specific. She is capable of making effective use of Battle Meditation, as well as Force Phantasm, and a similar but more advanced technique, Doppelganger.
Equipment or Weapons: Viyali's chosen weapons are considered by most to be rather strange. She is never seen without a simple metal cane, though what few realize is that said cane conceals one of her primary lightsabers. A second saber is kept at her waist, the same color blade as the first (a deep, deep violet), but her "third" weapon is what is most unusual; her cane is made of a beskar alloy, tough enough to deflect lightsaber blows, but light enough to be wielded with extraordinary speed. It is actually her most commonly used weapon; nonlethal, but long enough to be used as an effective offensive and defensive tool. She rarely chooses to draw her sabers, instead choosing to dispatch her opponents with her staff.
Outside of her offensive equipment, Viyali is often seen to wear lightweight, blaster-resistant armor underneath a long coat when on assignment. It keeps a low enough profile so as to be hidden by the coat, but still tough enough to survive a blaster bolt relatively intact, and mostly block up to one lightsaber strike. Not that anyone usually gets the chance to land one.
Appearance: Viyali, despite residing within the Jedi Temple, spends little of her time there, and it shows in her manner of dress. She eschews the standard robes of the Jedi, opting instead for a long gray coat fastened securely about the torso, but looser in the arms and legs to allow for better movement. Underneath, she wears a set of plain, utilitarian clothes; a simple shirt, and a pair of lightweight pants. Despite this, she does still possess a standard set of robes, and she will often wear them when she spends longer spans of time within the temple, as if in acceptance of tradition. She stands taller then most, with raven black hair that falls to just under her shoulder blades. Her expression is usually calm and peaceful, though some have described it as cold, due to one very simple factor; her eyes. Or rather, her lack of them. Over her eyes she wears a gunmetal gray visor that fits securely to her face, obscuring whatever it is that lies beneath. It is uncertain to this day whether she possesses eyes, and chooses to cover them, or if she lacks the organs due to her heritage.
Personality: Overall, Viyali is a fairly quiet individual. She possesses a dry wit and a quick tongue that has over the years humbled even the most arrogant of trainees, even if defeat at her hands did not do it for her. She is compassionate towards her allies, though said compassion is often veiled by a pragmatic or sarcastic behavior. However, there is one thing commonly accepted; on the field of battle, against an enemy for which she has no sympathy, Viyali is truly frightening. The compassion vanishes, a cold, expressionless mask left in its place, the wit replaced by pragmatism.
Her view of the Force and the Jedi's own tenets are unusual, to say the least. She sees the Jedi and the Sith as two extremes, neither one of which the perfect outlook. Stoicism must be tempered by emotion, emotion tempered by judgement. Emotion is not something to be feared, but it is not something that should be allowed to rule one's life.
Home Planet: Correlia
History: Viyali was taken to the Jedi Temple at a young age, around the age of ten, in fact. She had begun displaying exceptional aptitude for Force Sight from an even younger age, even though like all Miralukas, she was capable of it to an extent from the moment she was born. Her training began at a time where war had just broken out, and one of the most likely enemies was a Sith warrior. She threw herself into her studies, developing a moral code incomprehensible to all but her and her master along the way, and trained to be the best that she possibly could. She has now been a Knight for approximately nine years, but to this day, she has never taken a Padawan. It is uncertain exactly why, but her effectiveness at dealing with rogue Force users has lead the Council to overlook this detail. For the moment, at least.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I gather, from this most recently submitted profile, that the changes in the Sith order are not common public knowledge?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I gather, from this most recently submitted profile, that the changes in the Sith order are not common public knowledge?

Not in Republic Space I'd wager.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I love how that clone seems to think that the Jedi are just sort of wandering in the jungle, and therefore that just running into the jungle is the best way to find them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Beskar alloy, as explained in the profile itself. Really, the majority of it is probably a beskar alloy, with pure beskar forming only the exterior. Thus, string enough to function as needed, but also light enough to be used effectively.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

How is the lightsaber concealed in it? Is it like most sword canes, where the majority of the cane comes off, or is it a saber with a very long handle?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Grochi more or less has it right. The majority of the cane is a solid piece, with the handle of the lightsaber more or less forming the handle of the cane. When removed, most of the cane stays behind as a solid piece, theoretically still a weapon in and of itself. Though if you ever got her to draw said saber, she probably wouldn't be using the cane anymore anyway. :P

It functions more or less as described in the wiki article on saber canes.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Well, no more issues on that. If Madara has no problems with her range of abilities (and he's really the litmus test we use when we're not sure), then +1, because you put just a wee bit more into the face than most people do.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Mmh. Trakata, however, is objectively the best technique. Mix that into Juyo/Vaapaad or Makashi, and you're going to have yourself a good time.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hence "objectively the best technique." And nothing is more fun than a pretty much unblockable strike.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Okay, I'm back. I've been looking at the pages that have accumulated over the time I was gone. So the clones are going to do Holo-training. Now ----

@Everyone: If you are happened to be in the Drunk Side of the Moon bar on Corusant, I have two Trandoshan Mercenaries open for interaction. Still.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

I was wrong on that. The guy with an M in his name made a really good point and reminded me that a COmbat sim over three posts won't work. Right now I've started a bit of character building with myself.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

Yes, I was actually waiting on the both of you to show up before I went and made it.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.