The Cantina

Anyways, your Ragnos resurrection idea has intrigued me (the story potential... on a character level and greater level isn't bad at all. Almost as good as a Bouncer Jedi <3). PM me about it, and let's talk. :)

I will be giving a bit of a revelation about the political power structure in the CIS (it might help a bit). It's fairly democratic. But that will wait until tomorrow. I have an early morning and lots of legislation to go over at work tomorrow.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Missed points are not much my concern at the moment because I'd rather not continue this in the morning. A wrap-up will have to suffice.

-Any attempt to revive Marka Ragnos is not to take place, at least, for a few months.

-Any character intended to attempt to do so should be created as soon as possible, because, if we follow that possibility, we intend the build-up to take quite some time.

-The Sith order is unlikely to get behind such an attempt.

-The Sith order is not entirely opposed to the idea of consulting with old spirits.

-An attempt to revive Marka Ragnos is not guaranteed to succeed.

-An attempt to revive Marka Ragnos is not guaranteed to fail.

-The outcome of a successful attempt is unpredictable, and ranges from him viewing the Sith Cabal as competition and attempting to wipe them out, to him attempting to take out the Jedi immediately.

-You're troublemakers, the lot of you, and the experience would be much more pleasant if I drank a quart of Drano beforehand.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I can just tell this whole experience is going to be oodles of fun. You need to share that bottle.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Honestly, I just listed what I thought most Jedi could do, and then threw in the long-range lightsaber technique to test the waters a bit. As you can see, my knowledge on this subject is rather limited. :P I'm editing soon. The effected areas:

Force Abilities: Praeth's Force abilities are remarkable for someone at his age. Even though he specializes in Lightsaber combat, he is one of the more skilled among his class. For instance, while someone skilled with the Force could leap higher and faster than others, he could obtain about ten seconds of emulated flight if concentrated and in good condition. While someone could move objects with the Force, he could create a "blanket" to deflect actions of low Force power. Specifically, he can:-"Grab" or "push" things with the Force-Do Force-assisted stunts to an advanced extent-Command a greater power of agility, able to move incredibly quickly-Shield himself from the Force abilities of others

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

-Any attempt to revive Marka Ragnos is not to take place, at least, for a few months. Of course, that would take away dramatic tension.

-Any character intended to attempt to do so should be created as soon as possible, because, if we follow that possibility, we intend the build-up to take quite some time. Not a miracle worker.

-The Sith order is unlikely to get behind such an attempt. Until he's alive, that is.

-The Sith order is not entirely opposed to the idea of consulting with old spirits. Which makes me happy.

-An attempt to revive Marka Ragnos is not guaranteed to succeed. Are we rolling on a d20?

-An attempt to revive Marka Ragnos is not guaranteed to fail. Please make it a d20.

-The outcome of a successful attempt is unpredictable, and ranges from him viewing the Sith Cabal as competition and attempting to wipe them out, to him attempting to take out the Jedi immediately. I know right! Especially since he'll probably possess us as his mind slaves.

-You're troublemakers, the lot of you, and the experience would be much more pleasant if I drank a quart of Drano beforehand. He doesn't always drink...

Anyways, your Ragnos resurrection idea has intrigued me (the story potential... on a character level and greater level isn't bad at all. Almost as good as a Bouncer Jedi <3). PM me about it, and let's talk. :)

I will be giving a bit of a revelation about the political power structure in the CIS (it might help a bit). It's fairly democratic. But that will wait until tomorrow. I have an early morning and lots of legislation to go over at work tomorrow.

.... I must first consult my sources and conspire before I can further continue along this train of thought.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Dramatic tension is something like a pressure cooker meal. Give it time, and it can be positively delicious. Any potential Ragnos resurrection plot won't be something that is thrown together and pushed out over a few days. Preparation and simmering is the name of the long game. A Ragnos plot is too good to be an instant ramen kind of meal. The meat will be harvested, prepared meticulously.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

I can just tell this whole experience is going to be oodles of fun. You need to share that bottle.

I'll bring the skulls for the skull throne.

Well... That was fun to read. And my small brain is still trying to comprehend how in the flying Warp Monkey to use the Archives. Like Google?

Also, I should put a face on Khorne. (Or a mask? Hmmmmm....)

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

Lavama, it's not dissimilar from how you would use your library. For general "public-access" documents, one could go to a nearby computer terminal and plug in what they're looking for on the computer. It would then tell you where to go. For more important documents (say, something that a Youngling would have no business accessing), one would have to approach a mobile terminal (e.g. an archive droid) which would retrieve the specific document for them. Other documents would only be available to read "in-house." So the droid would collect them, dump them on a desk in a separate room for your character to read. Still other documents would be extremely sensitive, only accessible by experienced and skilled Jedi, and they would be supervised by another Jedi (Yttro or one of the other librarians) during reading/access. There would be different levels of access, different documents. The Jedi Archives are basically a library of everything. Things range from holocrons and documents (like basic saber instruction tips) open to the public, to ancient Sith holocrons locked away in nigh-impregnable vaults and guarded day and night.As for Delta-07, there have been clones numbering in the trillions. The achievements of one sniper in the early days of the war have been eclipsed. As far as I'm concerned, he's most likely dead. ---Heading to work, so I won't be able to post until my break.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

One thing should be made abundantly clear before we continue in this topic.

The staff of this RPG are to be treated with respect. Posts like what was seen in the most recent argument will not be tolerated, and we will find ways for there to be consequences. You are dealing with the people who, for no pay, provide the structure for this RPG to happen, get the plot rolling, and sift through the profiles you submit for your characters. We do all of that, and ask nothing in return except that you play by the rules and respect those who enforce them.

Furthermore, if you have a significant plot idea, something that you think might change the course of the RPG, PM it to Madara. Do not get people here invested in an idea that may be shot down by the tired, stressed-out staff of this RPG. That is a recipe for disaster. Plot ideas pertaining mainly to specific characters may still be discussed either in this topic or via PM with the people they affect. We are welcome to plot ideas, not to petty arguments. This is not about whose fault the arguments are, and I do not want to see any posts complaining on that point - from anyone. This is about preventing further incidents, which, regardless of which side of the argument you were on, you should approve of.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

To add to Ymper's excellent statement above.Really, respect for one another is something I'd recommend regardless of a person's staff status. It's a healthy lifestyle and attitude to have. Out interactions can be playful, outrageous, and even Eldritch-invoking threatening. As long as there's an underlying attitude of respect.I'm currently busy, a CIS government summary will be coming when I get back home.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Name: Praeth Pil'omnSpecies: Twi'lekGender: MaleAge: 37Faction: Jedi OrderSympathies: Reasonably loyal to the JediRank: KnightOccupation: Lightsaber InstructorSkills:-As an instructor of Lightsaber dueling and usage, he is incredibly skilled, most commonly seen using Juyo, a form considered one of most difficult to learn, let alone master. However, he's been trained in all seven forms.-As is to be expected, he is not without skills with dual Lightsabers, and even prefers to use them in actual combat.-Wide knowledge of disguise, able to hide his identity with ease when needed. To do so, he uses technology developed by high-profile company, in addition to using the Force to distract attention from himself.-Coming out of left field is his skill in brewery- he is quite good at making and serving drinks.Force Abilities: Praeth's Force abilities are remarkable for someone at his age. Even though he specializes in Lightsaber combat, he is one of the more skilled among his class. For instance, while someone skilled with the Force could leap higher and faster than others, he could obtain about ten seconds of emulated flight if concentrated and in good condition. While someone could move objects with the Force, he could create a "blanket" to deflect actions of low Force power. Specifically, he can:-"Grab" or "push" things with the Force-Do Force-assisted stunts to an advanced extent-Command a greater power of agility, able to move incredibly quickly-Shield himself from the Force abilities of othersEquipment or Weapons: A Lightsaber enthusiast, he came into possession of an extreme rarity- an orange Lightsaber crystal. This blade he uses as his primary weapon, while his other Lightsaber, of blue light, is used in dual wielding. The first is a silver blade inlaid with nigh-unbreakable black rock. There are various golden knobs and a leather hand-grip for comfort. The second is more of a dark grey, also inlaid with rock- this time deep blue. There's also a grip on this one, however made of rubber. He also carries a machine letting him disguise himself (see "Skills" above).Appearance: Praeth is a well-built red Twi'lek, with dragon-like black tattoos lining his left arm and chest. His lekku both hang behind his head unadorned save for wrapping towards the ends. One could compare his body to that of a martial artist- slim, but with a lot of muscle. He has a face instantly recognizable from a distance- deep, deep-set yellow eyes and shining white teeth. He never wears robes- constricting and heavy isn't really the type of clothing he goes for. Instead, he wears tighter clothing and combat boots, even in colder weather.Personality: While blatantly masculine in speech and attitude, Praeth can sometimes be described as...bubbly. Quite energetic, it isn't difficult to get him excited about things. He aspires to be a Jedi Master, and can even get greedy when it comes to those aspirations. A firm believer in the power of logic, he strives to make as best a decision as he can in every situation. He teaches his students to do the same in combat. Speaking of which, his combat methods are most often practical, based on what he believes they will have to face. He encourages cutting loose and giving battle your all, but at the same time remaining calm and collected.Home Planet: RylothHistory: Growing up in Ryloth was always easy for Praeth. His father was a wealthy man and he could afford to spoil his son- until he was taken up by the Jedi. Like most Force-sensitives on major planets, he was snatched up early on and brought to the Temple on Coruscant. Quite adept in his abilities and naturally a skilled duelist, he rose in rank quickly. Originally, he had a green Lightsaber, but wasn't truly comfortable with the feel of it. As this grew to be a problem, he built his blue 'Saber. Beginning in the war and becoming a General, he was once part of an infiltration mission where he stole his orange crystal. This became his main weapon, and he realized his place belonged back at the Temple as a swordsman. This came rather easy to him, and he was eventually elected to be an Instructor in this area.

This is what I hope is the final draft of the profile. Details for Ymper, cutbacks for Madara, and the fact that he resembles a canon Sith just for Basilisk.

Was gonna add color, but decided it was too much work.

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

So now that we're (temporarily) done crawling at each other's throats, Madara, could we please do something with the Sith? =P

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

As weird as this may sound, I promise you guys that he is not a spy. That would be quite the detail to leave out of the profile. :P Besides, if I wanted a spy, I probably wouldn't make it so obvious. On top of that, starting off a character as a spy is just lame story-telling.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Don't catch hay-fever. =P

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Watch out for needles.

Meanwhile, I have a bit of a workload of my own - Madara and I have to decide how to set the scene for Bespin, and I have several characters that still need to be worked on - which, given my usual psychotic method of character design, involves drawing them before even starting the appearance section. There is a price to being a heartless perfectionist. The price isn't what I just mentioned, though. It's a completely non-functional circulatory system.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Fun fact. Hay elevators only speed the process up. It does not make it easier.

Also blisters hurt. You'll understand if my posts are delayed until such a time that typing is no longer painful to me.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Yes, blisters are pretty awful. I recommend a good pair of gloves, if you don't already have them. Not for typing, just, you know, for activities that might otherwise cause blisters.

Anyway, I've got a new character to toss in, and good news! The history section managed to beat the appearance section by 48 words, and it only took twelve of those to describe the nose.

Name: Varis Kalaf

Species: Zabrak

Faction: Sith

Sympathies: Varis supports the Confederacy’s vision of a galaxy divided into many independent states, at peace with each other but keeping the people of the galaxy away from the bloated corruption of the Republic, or the iron-fisted rule of the Jedi. Were the Sith leadership to break away from the CIS, it is possible that she would remain with the Confederacy. Though she is at war with the Jedi, she understands what the order has taken away from those who join it, and therefore pities those who become Jedi, and the families from which they are taken.

Rank: Sith Lord [Wow that sounds high-ranking, even if it is just the next step above an Apprentice. To clarify, Varis has not held this title for long, is not yet used to the power that comes with it, and does not yet have the full respect of her new peers.]

Occupation: Her focus on training was on ground-based combat, both engaging in it herself and understanding tactical and strategic management of resources and troops.

Skills: As a lightsaber-user, Varis is nervous and over-cautious, relying on Soresu out of fear that she would get herself or someone else killed using any other form. She has moderate skill with Ataru, though she very rarely uses it, being uncomfortable with the lightsaber. She is much happier, and more dangerous, wielding a blaster or nothing at all, utilizing an acrobatic form of unarmed combat that focuses on disarming and disabling the enemy with precise blows and grapples, while her use of a blaster to supplement this shows an ability to aim precisely while moving quickly without a stable firing platform.

Outside of combat, Varis enjoys dancing, and is an enthusiastic, if not precisely masterful, painter. She has a decent singing voice, and something of a compulsion to try playing any instrument that gets into her hands, though she has not stuck with one long enough to master it.

Force Abilities: Use of the Force augments her natural talent at acrobatics and physical contortion, making her faster and more flexible in combat. Use of the Force to alter her own body functions also allows her to raise the temperature of her hands high enough to burn the flesh of targets [see ‘Convection’ Force power on the wiki]. To be able to counter opponents wielding lightsabers, Varis devoted a great deal of study to the energy absorption skills referred to, generally, as Tutaminis, and is capable of such feats as catching a lightsaber or blaster bolt. Some focus has also been given to abilities that grant better concentration in combat.

Equipment or Weapons: Two LL-30 blaster pistols, an EE-3 blaster carbine, and a straight-handled lightsaber with a molded two-handed grip, an orange blade, and no adjusters for either blade length or intensity. She also owns a pair of goggles with polarizing lenses to avoid being blinded in combat, and tends to put them on while hanging upside-down to avoid tangling them in her hair.Appearance: At 5’10” (1.78m), Varis is right around the average height for her species. She has a graceful, athletic build, with long limbs and wiry, compact muscles. Underneath her tattoos, her skin isn’t quite the bold red colour seen on other Zabraks like the deceased Sith Darth Maul, resting about midway between that and the pale brown colour of other canon Zabraks, for example, the Jedi Eeth Koth. Her hair, as is typical of Zabraks who do not shave their heads bald, is black.

Unusually for a Zabrak, she has narrow, expressive eyebrows. Her hair is straight, shoulder-length, and slightly roughly-cut. Her ears lie almost flat against the side of her head, and are usually covered by her hair. All but the two horns high on her forehead and above her eyes grow above her hairline, and even those two have hair sweeping over them, covering the bases but allowing most of the two-inch straight horns to protrude through her hair. The rest of her horns grow in a straight line down a front/back line on her scalp. Her eyes are large and round, with bright purple irises and no eyelashes. She has a straight, narrow, slightly-upturned long nose that is slightly larger than average, a pointed chin, and a wide mouth, with a full lower lip, large teeth and a ready smile.

Her tattoos are made up of bold black strokes, with repeating patterns of swirls and solid triangular shapes, including a vague bird-like shape on her forehead, swirls on her cheeks extending from double-pointed triangles at the sides of her head, swirls on each side of her nose, a triangle on the tip of her nose, and narrow triangles on either side of her chin. While the densest concentration of tattoos are on her face, she has a few all over her body.

Even outside of combat, Varis rarely wears anything resembling traditional Sith robes, preferring brightly-coloured garments, often with multiple layers of loose clothing. In combat, she carries her blaster pistols on a double-sided shoulder holster, with the grips pointing forward to allow easy drawing with the opposite hand (left holster for right hand, right holster for left hand). This is worn over a tight-fitting grey blast vest, and under a black open thermal vest, which can be closed quickly and easily to conserve heat. Her arms are bare in her standard combat outfit, partly to enable greater freedom of movement, mostly because some of her Force-related combat skills rely upon bare hands.

Her lightsaber is fixed to the right side of her belt in a standard saber holster, while her EE-3 carbine is holstered on the left side – as she is left-handed, this serves as some indication as to which weapon she prefers. The buckle of her belt is a large, non-reflective, squarish affair, with a slight x-shape between the two clasps. Her pants are fairly tight, black, and made of a stretchy material that allows great freedom of movement. Her shoes are soft and thin-soled, designed, again, to make acrobatics easier.

Personality: Varis’ personality changes significantly when she enters combat – outside of a fight, she seems to be a perpetually cheerful person, quick to smile, laugh, dance, or just sit down and talk with people. She worries a lot about many different things in the galaxy, which quickly comes up in her conversations. In a combat situation, however, she quickly goes quiet, something that surprised her supervisors during her first live combat trial against Jedi. She focuses carefully on the task at hand, but, while she’s difficult to distract, she maintains a certain degree of situational awareness, and is therefore not the easiest person to sneak up on. Always, she seeks first to incapacitate a target, and then, if they cannot be reasoned with after being neutralized as a threat, then she will acknowledge the necessity of killing them.

Home Planet: Iridonia, though she has spent little time there

History: Varis Kalaf was born in one of the larger cities on Iridonia, to parents taking a two-year break from jobs that took them traveling across the galaxy. Her mother (now retired) worked for an agency that provided aid to victims of natural disasters and refugees of wars on the Outer Rim, while her father (shot dead on a battlefield) traveled with her, a journalist documenting the troubles that made his wife’s work necessary. When Varis was one, her parents resumed their work, taking her along with them. By the time the Clone Wars started, she was old enough to help in small ways with their work, and her parents, both CIS-sympathisers, carried on their work during the war. Varis was eleven when they arrived on Kalee, just days ahead of an incoming Republic naval fleet. It had hurt to see some of the people, so proud of themselves and their warriors, refusing the aid of those who took the few who would accept offworld and to safety, but it was far worse receiving the later reports – reports of those who had taken starfighters, some more than a century old, to fight the might of the Republic Navy. Reports of a planet wiped clean of all life. Reports of the death of Qui-Gon Jinn, a name that so many in the CIS relief agencies spoke in reverent tones.

After the death of her father less than a year later, on a cold, muddy battlefield where he’d been documenting the ongoing fight against the Republic, trying to show in sound and pictures that there was still hope, Varis’ mother retired, choosing to live quietly on a world still securely held by the Confederacy. It was not long after that when Varis chose to join the Sith order, and said goodbye to her mother.

As a Sith apprentice, Varis enjoyed lessons in the Force much more than lightsaber sparring, quickly growing uncomfortable with the blade of plasma that could so easily sever limbs if a mistake was made. At the insistence of her instructors, she developed some skill with a form that would at least let her defend herself, but she spent far more time training with blasters and with her hands, becoming fascinated with the ways that the Force could be applied to unarmed combat.

Just as important as learning to fight, she was, for the first time, with children her own age. Though shy at first, she soon learned to speak openly to her peers,

developing a reputation as a bright, cheerful girl who always had time to make friends. After a while, she came to enjoy her sparring matches, particularly those where she was allowed to fight her own way, rather than being restricted to the use of a lightsaber.

Less than a year ago, after almost fifteen years as an apprentice, Varis graduated to the rank of a Sith Lord, and she is still getting used to being one of the ones teaching, one of the ones expected to know things and know what to do, rather than just a young student. Though many of the younger ones were apprentices at the same time that she was, she is uncomfortable being treated as an equal by other Sith Lords, as she has not had much time to get used to it.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The most dangerous Sith in the room ladies and gentlmen. Like the background, like the mention of Kalee.

+1.

With what a lot of people have submitted, she's probably the only sane Sith in the room.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

With what a lot of people have submitted, she's probably the only sane Sith in the room.

Hence the most dangerous Sith in the room. Calculation and reason beat out rage and anger every time.

Fun fact. Hay elevators only speed the process up. It does not make it easier.

Also blisters hurt. You'll understand if my posts are delayed until such a time that typing is no longer painful to me.

Be a man.

Hold a spoon in your mouth and type with it.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Wow. That actually might've thrown me out of my writers block Ymper. Thanks!

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

I guess L'uo is disqualified from the sane table on the basis of her disorder. Shame, she's such a nice person otherwise. Maybe a bit vicious in her fights but still.

voidstars.png

L'uo is kind of a runner up - not comic book crazy (frothing at the mouth, stabbing people just because, etc.) or some kind of 'grr I hate everyone' megalomaniac, but actually medically mentally ill, and written by an author who has at least some understanding of how the disorder in question works. In her case, the illness affects her, but is not her defining feature - she's an archivist first, and bipolar a bit lower on the list.

I am not in a position to say on the Ssi-Ruu issue - I had wanted one for Odysseys, but it was a very particular case - scout whose ship malfunctioned and crashed, injured Ssi-Ruu ended up getting captured and sold into slavery, killed his master, fled, got a job on a ship, kept very very quiet about his background. Whether one is allowed here is Madara's choice.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Now, does anybody have a Sith character who isn't either in a coma, about to learn interesting lessons from Mother Talzin, or off on Lehon?

err, not in a coma really, but unconscious and with a concussion

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Alright. Got woken up today to help with more hay. Everything hurts.

Posting will be delayed until I regain the will to live.