The Cantina

I mean, I get that there's a handful of canon characters with such names, but they are not the majority, and it really seems kind of lazy to me (if you knew the frustration I deal with when trying to find suitable names for characters, you would not be surprised that I can find laziness in three thousand words) to focus specifically on those names to avoid leaving your linguistic comfort zone.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

What is with all of these Anglophone names?

Because I used a random name generator to generate a list of about fifty names for any given NPC encountered and found a combination of name and surname that I liked the most. The reason why you don't see many characters with such names in Star Wars is because they all died in my character's backstory. I'm open to suggestions to replace some of them, if you feel it would improve the profile.

So yes, it was laziness. I care about the names sounding interesting more than I do about anything else, and frankly while I didn't look too far to find names I did give a lot of thought in terms of choosing them so they actually worked. In one case, I actually chose a name for its meaning. Leydon Hall, for instance, bears that last name for the purpose that he serves in the characters backstory; he was, in essence, the person that acted as a pathway for William in maturing from a young man into a seasoned warrior.

Now Gregory Hammond, on the other hand... it just sounded right, but there's no other meaning. The same goes for the other names; they just sounded appropriate. But if you have suggestions, again, feel free to suggest them.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Yeah, it's not difficult to change Anglophone names to fit the general feel of names in Star Wars.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've found rearranging Icelandic helps with foreign sounding names. Sometimes I can just leave it in the original Icelandic, because when you pronounce the words correctly they sound utterly hilarious as names.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Icelandic is fun. Personally, I'm fond of Greek. Call me hipster, I guess, for going against the general Star Wars-overall fascination with Latin-esque names, but focusing on the original Latin semi-fascination with Greek culture.

By the way, for anybody who wants to know, Chioni is the Greek word for "Snow". Transliterated from Χιονι, of course.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I know little Icelandic myself, though I need to learn it one of these days so I can go there, but I have made it one of my goals to pronounce it properly. Icelandic and other Germanic languages are just so fun when you can get that half-drunk zeal behind them.Ahem. In actual RPG matters, I'll be making my CIS peep tomorrow.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Basilisk, I would like a post from the Chiss boss-lady, preferably to count as the second of three hyperspace posts for The Knife's Edge.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

"I went and made some changes to the names,

Since if they're not "Star Wars" they're lame.

I don't feel most of these changes are for the better,

But when you think about it, oh well. Whatever.

For the sake of the RPG I have made these changes,

And thus redone the character profile of the ages."

- Levacius the Master Poet

Name: Lieutenant Wolam Signas

Species: Human

Faction: Confederacy of Independent Systems

Sympathies: Signas’ sympathies lie with his home planet of Acherin, and in particular the beautiful and ancient city of Eluthan where he was born. He feels some remorse for all soldiers, and despite his dislike of the Jedi, he still has some fondness for those who also count or, in his case, counted themselves as Grey Paladins. Similarly, he respects the Mandalorian warriors. He has no trust for the Sith, and believes they will eventually betray the CIS for their own gains; however, he recognizes a powerful ally when he sees one, and as such makes dealings with them when necessary.

Rank: Lieutenant, in Service to the Navy of the Confederacy of Independent Systems

Occupation: Lieutenant Signas is a special operations soldier in the service of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, trained to deal with combat situations in nearly every environment capable of maintaining human life, and many which aren’t. He is commonly placed in command of small-scale military operations, but can also handle missions either solo or with a very small group at his back. Before joining the CIS, Signas was a member of the Jedi Order and trained as a Grey Paladin; it is from this training that he has the greatest of respects for that branch of the Order (or, rather, the individuals within it) despite his opposition to the rest.

Skills: Wolam Signas has been trained as a Grey Paladin and an officer of the CIS, with nearly five decades of training behind him due to the young age at which Jedi begin. As such, he has developed a number of skills reflecting all of these years of experience –

• He possesses an intensive knowledge of each Lightsaber form (excluding Vapaad and a few more unorthodox techniques). Despite this, he is no master swordsman, and the only form which he has personally practiced is Shii-Cho; what his knowledge can be applied to, however, is the ability to recognize and find the counter to virtually every form. He is actually more adept at using real swords in combat than using a lightsaber, though the technique is still quite similar.
  • His primary weapons training, which he has dedicated years of his life to, is that of wielding twin blaster pistols at once; using a singular one isn’t out of the question, and nearly any blaster is a deadly weapon in his hand, as he is a master marksman.
  • A major aspect of his training was learning the unarmed combat form Teräs Käsi from his masters. However, despite the number of Jedi with knowledge of the technique, he found the training inadequate and developed a few of his own techniques, though none as skillful. Upon exiting the Jedi Order, he earned the trust of a few Followers of Palawa and had his training completed in the many aspects unknown to most Jedi.
  • More so, years of training have made him an expert of military tactics, and he can maintain his cool in almost any situation. He understands how to pilot most simple star fighters.

Force Abilities: Trained as a Grey Paladin as part of his own choice, Signas maintains a very limited use of the force. He never manifests it in the form of techniques such as telekinesis or attempting to alter the minds of others, but instead by honing his own skills; much in a way very similar to Force Valor. He is capable of using the force for purposes such as deflecting and bending other blaster bolts with his own, or moving with increased precision and skill in melee. Enhanced senses aren’t out of the question either. Constant practice in all of these areas has made it an almost constant effect (these are, after all, the only force abilities he can practice).

Equipment: Signas operates using a set of Zeison Sha Warrior armor, with armorweave used underneath the armor and as a component to the robes part. The armor itself has a slight layer of Phrik metal built into it to make it more resilient to attack. He also has a helmet crafted of similar materials, which appears very similar to those of the Mandalorians. He also carries his own personal sword, an officer’s saber crafted from the rare metal known as songsteel and given to him as a gift by his superior officer. He cherishes the weapon greatly, but rarely actually employs it; generally, it stays at his waist, and is drawn only for ceremony or dire emergency. His primary weapon to actually draw in combat is a pair of heavily modified Model 434 blaster pistols, also known as “DeathHammers” to most users. The weapon has a small scope added as an attachment, and is also modified to be of the disruptor type. The increased amount of blaster gas required when the weapon is fired comes into effect in that a cell which would provide one hundred uses for a normal weapon of this type provides merely twenty. He keeps a spare, unmodified pistol of the same type alongside these two, in case he is caught up in a situation where stunning an adversary becomes necessary. This particular pistol is an older model than the other two; it is the same weapon that he employed as a Jedi Knight.

Appearance: Wolam Signas stands at a height of six foot three, being well above average height for a human if of an inferior size to many large sentients in the universe. He has a rather imposing demeanor, as expressed in his gait; he moves with a militaristic sense about him at all times, moving with long strides and in an erect position conveying authority. Despite this, he never seems to be stressed or tense; rather, he is incredibly fluid about his movements and seems relaxed at all times.

Signas has a receding hairline with thin traces remaining of his once black hair, which has begun graying and in many parts is no longer present. He has retained a clean shaven state, doing so out of practicality but expressing a desire to eventually change that upon his retirement from more common use of his helmet. His eyes are green, and show a sense of weariness from having seen so many years of constant war in his lifetime. Above them, he has thick (and still mostly dark) eyebrows. His face, that aside, is rather well shaped and certainly not malnourished, with a largish and rather dull pointed nose and ears which stick out a bit too the side. He has numerous lines across his face, and almost never seems to be smiling.

Signas’ armor is that of the Zeison Sha warrior, and as such is a practical combination of robes and armor primarily of a grey color (particularly on the more heavily armored areas) and with a secondary coloration of purple and, along the neck, blue. The armor has virtually no impact on his movements, due to being so used to it and due to its design being specifically to prevent any hampering to force abilities.

At his waist, Signas keeps his songsteel saber in a black sheathe alongside his left hip. He displays all three of his pistols alongside holsters at his hip; one adjacent to the saber, while the other two are on the right side. He keeps one disruptor on each side, towards the front.

When faced, Signas has a rather worn down and almost regretful appearance that is betrayed by an intensive fire in his eyes. He speaks in a commanding and authoritative voice; his voice is naturally loud, and is hard to lower down. As such, when it comes to stealth, he simply prefers to be quiet.

Personality: The idea of a “Dark Jedi” conjures up many things in the imaginations of those who subscribe to the Republic’s corrupt propaganda machine. The concept of a dark robed figure, carrying a red-bladed lightsaber and choking the life out of the helpless is the first to jump in the minds of most; a just barely more humanized version of their views of the Sith. The accusation that Wolam Signas is a Dark Jedi is not a new one, and one that he finds rather amusing.

Rather than some form of war or source of power, Signas simply wants there to be peace in the galaxy. Whether this by order or chaos; stability or revolution, it matters not. What matters is a lasting peace, particularly for his home world of Acherin. It is to this goal which he has dedicated his life. He cares greatly about his family, friends, other loved ones, and any soldiers or ally placed under his command.

Signas possesses an almost intrepid boldness that allows him to undertake even dangerous operations. He will rarely put others in danger by doing so, but becomes more careless when other sentient lives are on the line. Despite this, he is a pragmatic and rather thoughtful man who keeps a calm and even temper, remaining calm at all times (despite his often booming voice).

He is rather by-the-books, and has high expectations that military protocols are followed. At the end of the day, though, what matters most is doing what was right morally. More than logic, more than emotions, more than protocol, more than anything else, he is a man drawn to do what is morally right. It is for this reason that he retired from the Jedi Order – because he could no longer follow the path they set before him.

His sense of humor is hard to define, because he seems to have lost most of it from all of the mounting years of war. There are, after all, many things far more important.

He is a strong believer in the living force. His philosophy is similar to most Grey Paladins – that the Force suffuses all things, granting them life, and being just as important as air or sleep. However, rather than a means to an end, it is a way to influence daily lives. Thus, he believes that skills should be developed with a minimum dependency upon it. He often spends time in mediation (of a non-floating variety, obviously) when given the opportunity, and in need of a calming moment.

He is easily influenced when the lives of others are endangered; during such situations, it is common to see heavy changes in even things as simple as his facial expression, as he becomes more intense and focused on the task before him. He is also a bit too loyal to the defense of his comrades, and a hostage situation involving such people is one of the ones which he is least equipped to deal with. Many have said his heart is too soft; some have tried to exploit this; few have been prepared for the rage unleashed from the normally calm man in these situations.

Home Planet: Acherin

History: Twenty-nine years before the Clone Wars had begun, Wolam Signas was born to the noble family of Abric Signas and Corana Signas (as he discovered later) in the ancient city of Eluthan, on the world of Acherin. A number of complications meant that the Jedi Order never learned of his condition until he was around the age of four, at which point he was almost too old to begin the training. Nevertheless, the Jedi came, and his family was none too happy of the results. Wolam remembers very little of the time; all he recalls were vague memories of the faces of his family members, and the wondrous beauty of the ancient city. His return trips since have always nailed that in; to him, nowhere in the galaxy is more beautiful or precious.

His training began almost immediately, as he was already of the needed maturity to begin as an Initiate. Possessing a rather high midichlorian count, and being a natural learned, Signas quickly exceeded the expectations of his instructors and was projected to develop into a powerful wielder of the Force. To the disappointment of many, he found himself disconnected from such matters; what interested him greatly was that of the order known as the Grey Paladins, whose lessons and teachings inspired him greatly to focus more on himself, and less on trying to understand the Force.

As he entered his teenage years, Signas was made a Padawan, and chosen by a Jedi Master from the Grey Paladins named Taphan Hall, who taught him nearly everything he knew about combat. Unlike other Masters, however, he also encouraged Signas to learn from other sources. For this reason, Signas commonly found himself training with fellow Padawans and practicing combat techniques, whilst also honing his connection to the force to being just that, rather than manipulating it in the more dramatic and flashy ways of many other Jedi.

He was also taught to shoot from an early age, being shown by his Master at around the age of fifteen and exceeding him by twenty. Signas had, at that point, had almost no contact with his family since his early childhood; oftentimes, though, he would find himself regretting them. He began to view Hall as more of a grandfather than anything else, and was almost completely devoted to his master. The two often went on missions off-world to investigate matters of a more military nature, and Hall showed Signas how to cope in almost any environment.

Eventually, Signas began to express a desire to meet his family once more. Hall made a promise to him that once had become a Jedi Knight, this would be allowed. He was knighted only three months following that, and Hall (without permission of any kind from others) took Signas for that exact matter. Needless to say, the entire ordeal was one which brought tears to his and his families eyes upon their being reunited. It also brought about the wrath of the Jedi Council, who severely punished Hall for his reckless actions; being a Grey Paladin, which carried a certain stigma about it, did nothing to help matters. The damage had been done, however – Signas had met his family, and was now in contact with them and quite happy to be so. As the actions performed were not strictly his fault, he only received slighter reprimands and warnings from his superiors.

At the age of twenty-nine, Signas was a Jedi Knight fighting in the Clone Wars against the Confederacy of Independent Systems. His communications with his family were nearly completely cut off when Acherin became part of the CIS, something which he regretted immensely. As Jedi such as Qui-Gon left the Order, Signas greatly desired too as well; however, he was unable to bring himself to such actions, out of a sense of duty to guard the peace and security of the galaxy, and stand alongside his Master (who still stood with him almost constantly, having never taken on another Padawan since).

This continued for about nine years, until eventually, Taphan Hall was killed. The exact means of his death are still unconfirmed; all that is known is that his nearly destroyed body was recovered after a major battle. Signas grieved the loss of his former master, and for a time directed his rage at both the Jedi Council and the Confederacy. After years passed, however, a particular mission arose – he was to assist in direction forces that were going to capture Acherin.

It was at that point which Wolam Signas, one decade into the war, turned against the Jedi Order and revealed the plans to the Confederacy post on the planet, along with giving his parents warning in a rather dangerous gambit. Out of respect for the soldiers onboard, he gave the Republic a coded warning onboard their ship – to leave the planet before they were defeated. It was simply ignored, and the attack was made. That particular battle in the skies above Acherin was lost in a minor victory for the CIS.

For close to four years, Signas followed a few holocrons left by Hall about locations he had travelled to and learned about a group of other force sensitives who might grant some refuge, if he were to prove himself not part of the Jedi. These were Zeison Sha, a fiercely independent organization who had long ago branched away from the Jedi. He travelled to the planet Yanibar, and after some time eventually found a group willing to offer him sanctuary, as long as he was willing to assist. He spent a rather long time on the island, training and even having somewhat of a fling with one of the girls on the planet (as he was no longer bound by the Jedi rules and regulations). He left the planet wearing the armored robes of the Zeison Sha, and with additional training at his back. However, he felt one more bit was needed, now that he was no longer part of the order – travelling to the world of Bunduki and completing his training in Teräs Käsi under the instruction of the Followers of Palawa. This was task which proved even more difficult, as though he was quite skillful compared to other Jedi, he was a mere novice compared to the true masters of the art. Nevertheless, he learned most of what he needed, and it was at that point he received a communication from his parents – a desperate offer for him to return.

And so he did, returning to his home city for the final time. Much of the once beautiful, ancient city had been decimated by a Republic bombardment to deal with the rebellious natives. His father, it turned out, had been killed. The battle had been won again, but much harder and more costly than before. At that time, Wolam Signas decided that he could no longer stand idly by while the native of his home were giving up their lives. He went to join the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

The Sith sent a few offers for him to join; Signas, however, did not feel that any group going by that name could be fully trusted, Republic propaganda or not – let history tell that story. His skills and knowledge of military expertise allowed him to gain the rank of warrant officer rather rapidly, and eventually he was promoted to ensign. For the most part, he has served onboard ships and been deployed as an elite operative alongside ground based units in circumstances where his combat expertise has been needed. He has generally been given command of units in such situations, of course. In the most recent of times, he has served aboard one of the few ships of Acherin origin; a battleship known as the Ancient Glory.

The most telling story that Wolam has from his time doing this is his meeting with his superior officer for much of his time in service, Commander Thraken Radiian (later Captain), a non-force sensitive soldier and gentleman warrior who had been fighting for the confederacy since the war began. Wolam came to respect Radiian as much as he had Hall, if in a more professional way. Radiian was nearly killed in a particularly heavy battle involving a number of attacking Jedi, with the two of them being the only ones present besides a few (easily destroyed by the Jedi) droids. In the ensuing, more deadly firefight that followed those first few Jedi infiltrating the front lines, Radiian suffered further injuries whilst personally leading a small group of fighters. His ship was badly damaged as well. As Radiian lay dying later, he called Signas beside him. He gave the younger warrior his officers saber and told him, “save the Confederacy, whatever it takes,” before dying.

Presently, he has just recently been promoted to the rank of lieutenant, and is reaching the end of his very short break of shore leave back on the planet of Dathomir. He is awaiting any further orders to be presented to him by his superiors.

Ship Name: Grey Saber

Model: NovaSword Space Superiority Fighter

Function: The Grey Saber is a starfighter first and foremost, and a good one at that. The craft is nimble and quite powerful, possessing high speed and maneuverability, along with fair shields and an internal hyperdrive. It has enough space for a pilot and one passenger, who can also be a co-pilot if need be.

Weapons: The Grey Saber possesses two laser canons, and can also deploy medium-sized concussion missiles; it holds enough space for three of them.

Modifications: The Grey Saber has a grey color scheme with a secondary of purple, in contrast to the common of red and white. The titular saber is painted as a model of Wolam Signas’ own sword across the front part of the ship.

Background: The Grey Saber has been with Signas for a very long time, and besides his sword is one of his most prized possessions. Unlike the sword, though, the Saber is undoubtedly and has always been his. The Grey Saber has seen a lot more use in recent years, where the Confederacy has been forced to perform more hit-and-run operations that require quick moving ships.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

You really could have just edited it into the original post.

Plenty of people have had their character profiles lost, sometimes up to three pages back. I figured this would make it easier for you, considering we're on a different page of the discussion topic. What do you think of the profile, though? Any suggestions to improve it?

I found TDM's profile way back on the ninth page.

There is a typographical error in the lightsaber portion of the Skills section. "He his no master bladesman." The word, incidentally, is swordsman.

Am I correct in thinking that he does not actually own a lightsaber? This is, of course, merely a minor point requiring clarification before we proceed.

Could you provide, as a matter of record, a more-or-less complete listing of the Force abilities that he uses? The way that section is phrased leaves the question of things like Force Speed wide open.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I found TDM's profile way back on the ninth page.

There is a typographical error in the lightsaber portion of the Skills section. "He his no master bladesman." The word, incidentally, is swordsman.

Am I correct in thinking that he does not actually own a lightsaber? This is, of course, merely a minor point requiring clarification before we proceed.

Could you provide, as a matter of record, a more-or-less complete listing of the Force abilities that he uses? The way that section is phrased leaves the question of things like Force Speed wide open.

"is no master swordsman" would be appropriate, then. Edited.

No, he does not have a lightsaber. You wouldn't think I'd have forgotten something that big of a deal, would you?

Sure. The listing is -

None.

He's a Grey Paladin. Or, rather, was. He doesn't use Force Powers for purposes like that. Basically, he has a constantly active version of Force Valor. To put it simply, a force power to, "Increase the resolve, accuracy, and speed of one's self and one's allies", though only in this case applying to himself. And without the flashiness of, say, Yoda going all crazy with his powers.

As mentioned, his accuracy is increased enough that he can basically use his pistols to deflect enemy blaster bolts, again a component of his training.

That's it. No flashy force powers. To give more detail -

Gray Paladins generally regarded the Force as a secondary aspect of their life, and not the primary. As a result of this, Gray Paladins' generally eschewed the use of the Force in any physical manifestation, relying rather on militant skills, both armed and unarmed, to achieve their goals. Despite this though, Gray Paladin's frequently allowed the Force to act in an auxiliary fashion, allowing the Force to augment already existing skills as well as their physical bodies, in a fashion very similar to Force valor.

This ability is demonstrated by the Gray Paladin Laranth Tarak, who while sporting a pair of dual blaster pistols, had the ability to deflect and "bend" other blaster bolts with her own bolts, as well as during unarmed combat where her strikes are much more powerful and precise than an unaided attack. This ability, if practiced enough, could many times become a constant effect; active even during non-combat situations, primarily as a side effect of being the only technique (generally) that a Gray Paladin uses.

Regardless of the use of the Force though, Gray Paladins consistently remain far more militant than their Jedi predecessors, many times being well trained in martial arts such as Teras Kasi and Stava (skill), as well as military tactics like guerrilla warfare, urban tactics, espionage and infiltration, and even expansive weapons and vehicle training. This is primarily the result of the Gray Paladin's deciding to rely on the force as little as possible, as well as the knowledge that they must be ready for nearly any situation without reliance on the Force.

49 and a lieutenant? Heh, late bloomer.I notice you have two different first names for his master in the profile. Taphan and Leydon. Also, what kind of training did the Zeison Sha give him?

Well, he's only been in the CIS for a very small fraction of that age. Not to mention he didn't begin as an officer... he had to work his way up to that. So it's a lot more impressive when you think of it like that.

Now, see, that is a carryover from the name changes Ymper had me make. I simply missed that one. Taphan is correct.

The Zeison Sha basically gave him auxiliary survival training; how to handle yourself on foreign worlds. Just strengthening what he already trained on. They are renowned for their survival skills and resourcefulness, after all.

First off, did you just kill my character? Or am I still capable of replying?

What skill set are you talking about?

Where did you get the idea that his skills are baseline normal? That seems like a massive assumption. Aside from the fact that regular apprentices aren't just popping out Force lightning and he is, It doesn't take that much to redirect Force Lightning. It is possible to do so with Vaapad, which he uses and specializes in. The Sith Stalker gloves can more-or-less channel it, and he was using his as an aid. And a person of skill can redirect it with their bare hands, and he is a person of at least moderate skill. You may not think that he is because I didn't say," Serentethe is a supremely strong Force user." or something like that, but in all honesty I was never told to nor do I think it's necessary. The very fact that he is capable of using the variants of Force lightning, implies a higher level of skill. The fact that he can use the Push variants, implies this. In truth the same thing can be said for him with Vaapad and Wound. So, what made you decide that he is a character of below normal skill level, wait, sorry, that he was baseline?

I did? Please tell me where? I have no recollection of saying that he used the broken claws. I'm pretty sure I said he used the non-broken one. Maybe I should have elaborated and said which hand was which, but it's too late now. Sith Stalker gauntlets which are, usually, made of metal, are meant to channel lightning without backfiring on the user. So, I'm not sure about Bzzap.

Yes, Force lightning does take some energy out of it's victims, depending on the strength of the user. And hey! People have been known to survive lightning strikes, there aren't many but it's happened.

I missed that somehow, it happens.

Never did I assume the Acklay was slow, though I did assume it had a rather soft underbelly, if anything I did the opposite. I kinda wasn't sure whether I was supposed to assume the Acklay was still moving or not, so I just focused on my own character. I also try to refrain from moving other peoples characters, even their NPC's, in my posts as much as possible.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

Finally finished. It won't be as detailed as some of the, well, previous CIS profiles due to making this primarily while I could remember it (While I was sleepy). So, here they are.

Name: KryllixSpecies: GeonosianGender: Male

Sympathies: Kryllix has no sympathy for the Republic, but has a low level of sympathy for those who have been outcast by the Republic.Rank: The CIS equivalent of a U.S. Army Colonel Occupation: Warrior Cast Skills: Exceptional spear fighting, average aiming with Blasters. Can hover for a longer amount of time compared to some Geonosians of the Warrior Cast, can understand Basic, and even speak a few words in broken speech. Also has some form of diplomacy.Force Abilities: Not force sensitive.Equipment or Weapons: An enhanced Warrior Spear for increased combat stress, not lightsaber resistant. He wears a light coat of armor, made to fit him that can stand up to some standard issue Infantry fire. Its durability is somewhere between a B2 and a B1. His main side arm is the SE-14c, modified by him to have a better grip for his hand.Appearance: Kryllix is a taller Geonosian, around 2 meters high. His skin is much greener than the standard Geonosian, and even has a little facial hair. It’s barely noticeable, even up close.Personality: Kryllix was, during his teen and younger adult years, a very serious warrior who wanted to see the Republic crumble beneath the powers of the CIS. Throughout the war, he wizened a bit, and became calm and gained a small sense of humor. But inside of battle he reverts back to the serious warrior that would cut down most traitors in a heartbeat.Home Planet: Geonosis.History: Kryllix was born into the Warrior Caste Thirty Three years and two days ago on the planet Geonosis. Of the Warrior Caste, he set himself apart quickly through his serious demeanor and quick growth even compared to the rest of the Warrior Cast. While he missed the Battle of Geonosis due to a concussion during a training incident involving a B-1 Battle Droid and a Force Pike, he was involved in the Galactic Civil War for most of the war. Kryllix has amassed a total of a single Jedi kill, just a padawan that seemed to not know what a Geonosian was. He found the decommissioned TK-358 and was able to, with the help of others that have since died, got the B-1 Battle Droid back into battle, and as a sort of translator.

(Note: When Kryllix speaks, it will be done like this, unless his broken form of Basic is used:

<<I've heard that the General has retreated again. I don't like the way this war is going.>>)

Name: TK-358Species: B-1 Super Battle Droid Gender: Masculine ProgrammingAge: Manufactured Eight years agoFaction: CISSympathies: Sympathies are for Organics.Rank: CIS Equivalent of a PFC. Occupation: Battle Droid/Translator for Kryllix Skills: Is a bit more tactics prone due to the reconfiguration of his Personality system, can crouch lower than other B-1 droids, able to translate Geonosian. Force Abilities: N/AEquipment or Weapons: Has a modified E-5 Blaster with a broken coil somewhere in the body that, when it over heats, disables the gun for most the battle; and SE-14 Blaster Pistol.Appearance: Looks like a Standard B-1, but with a dark orange paint and green eyes.Personality: The personality circuit was disrupted, and Kryllix is looking for a replacement. However, the old Personality was actually very aggressive for a B-1, and would talk of killing everything. Kryllix is looking for aggressive but much more passive than the older personality circuit. The current Personality chip, however, is very dull, and is prone to speak without analyzing of the dialogue program.Home Planet: TK-358 was brought into the world on Mustafar, but was found on Sy-Myrth during a retreat.History: TK-358 was a standard B-1 Battle Droid who found meatbags disturbing. During the Battle For Mygeeto, he was severely injured, and was considered scrap metal. He was found by a Geonosian, and was brought back into the battle, although it did take some time to find all the parts in between battles…

Any major inconsistencies, let me know? I'll get to work on them right away.

Also, permission to change Khorne's appearance so he can have a face?

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

It would really depend on the abilities. Some powers are off the table for players initially (Sith players can't start out with Force Lightning). You could definitely veer into the esoteric though (Zeison Sha telekinesis, and the Grey Paladin's use of blasters would spring to mind).

Doctor, I recall saying this when you first posted the profile. Why you did not edit is beyond me.Redirection of Force Lightning is a very difficult ability. We have only seen upper-level Jedi and the bona fide embodiment of the Light Side do it. To redirect Lightning with Vaapad, like Mace Winnfield, you would have to use a lightsaber to form a superconducting loop, be a Master of the form, and have advanced skill with Force Deflection (and probably tutaminis). One gauntlet on one arm does not a superconducting loop make.Ymper, I'm sure you have more to add. Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

To start things off, the wiki article for the armor you took the idea for the gloves from says nothing about them being able to redirect Force Lightning, so nice try, but no.

Second, while everyone wants their character to be special, you really can't get that just by saying that your character is supremely powerful in the profile. Short of carelessness on the part of the staff, such a thing will not be approved. Being a "person of skill" does not mean that he knows the abilities required for absorbing and redirecting Force Lightning. Saying simply that he is a "supremely strong Force user" wouldn't be enough, either - specific statements regarding skills need to be made in profiles. It should also be noted that we are not generally in the habit of approving characters that are much more powerful than others, and, as Madara noted, the Force Lightning only got through in the approval process because someone didn't check to see if it had been edited out.

As for the gauntlet, since we've established that it does not have some magical ability to redirect or deflect Force Lightning, your character, whose body is covered in metal, thrust a metal-covered portion of himself at lightning. Not a good survival strategy.

Finally, on the point regarding the movement of characters, you kind of went too far in not moving the Acklay. There is a balance to be struck between not controlling the actions of other characters, and making a post that does not take into account that those characters are still moving.

So, yes, the character is now dead. If you would like to make another, we recommend a more realistic powerset for someone in that character's position.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'd like to get a general feel for public opinion on an idea before I carry it out.

How would you all feel if I decided to be Rancor Claus, and every plot that is currently ongoing got at least one Rancor shoveled into it? Specifically, I would be placing a Rancor in close proximity to every collection of characters - the Jedi on Lehon, the Sith on Lehon, the Jedi Temple, The Knife's Edge, some bar in Coruscant, the Renaissance, and a few other places.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

How would you all feel if I decided to be Rancor Claus, and every plot that is currently ongoing got at least one Rancor shoveled into it? Specifically, I would be placing a Rancor in close proximity to every collection of characters - the Jedi on Lehon, the Sith on Lehon, the Jedi Temple, The Knife's Edge, some bar in Coruscant, the Renaissance, and a few other places.

How are you supposed to pay for that much animatronics?

(Also, characters...)

...So long as there's actually probably reason as to why a rancor would be there, it's not like you need even to ask, is it?

That's why I'm asking.

There is no good reason for the thingy the Jedi on Lehon found to be magically replaced by a Rancor.

There is no good reason for Mace Windu to ride a Rancor through the Jedi Temple.

There is no good reason for Helor Tuorri's copilot droid to turn into a Rancor.

I don't even know how I'm going to put one on the Renaissance but it will be weird.

There is no good reason for a Rancor to fall in the Sith apprentices from high enough to make a sort of whistling sound as it falls.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

...So long as there's actually probably reason as to why a rancor would be there, it's not like you need even to ask, is it?

That's why I'm asking.

There is no good reason for the thingy the Jedi on Lehon found to be magically replaced by a Rancor. Because it ate them.

There is no good reason for Mace Windu to ride a Rancor through the Jedi Temple. B ecause it's Windu.

There is no good reason for Helor Tuorri's copilot droid to turn into a Rancor. Good point on this one.

I don't even know how I'm going to put one on the Renaissance but it will be weird. Well, ya know, executions and babies aside, yeah.

There is no good reason for a Rancor to fall in the Sith apprentices from high enough to make a sort of whistling sound as it falls. Wrong. Imagine it.

Also, can I get any information on the two characters I just submitted?

See, if there's no probably reason for it, my general thought is that it shouldn't be done. As such, if you can't come up with any reason, then I won't support it. =P

Although, you could have one on the Ren-Ren-Renaissance because Nightsisters.

Lavama, I'm trying to be serious here. =P

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Well, I know, it's just that, well, the Ledi on Jehon being eaten by a Rancor's actually possible...

Okay I mean there is a good reason for all of those - I want it to happen and it would be hilarious.

As for the characters, what is the droid's current personality like? And...

Looks like a Standard B-2

I think this is probably a typo.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I fixed that... I woulda sworn...

Right, I'll fix that real fast and get the personality in. Musta put that in later.

Okay I mean there is a good reason for all of those - I want it to happen and it would be hilarious.

That's a good reason in terms of comedy, but not a story. xP

You know Windu would be the Jedi Master to ride into battle on a Rancor and fight through swarms of Nightsisters absolutely bewildered by his Winduism.