The Cantina

If anyone needs a post from a GM, sound off.

HEY-OH I GOT AN EGGO!

Yeah. Ammaton is waiting for information on the Swoop Gang. So is Gnar. I guess it slipped past the radar.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Since Madara hasn't spoken up on the Trandoshan mercs, I'll make a ruling.

They were/possibly are used much like the Hessians were used in the Revolutionary Wars. As shock troops and elite soldiers on hire from a ruler on Trandosha.

As for their general combat ability...

Ahem.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

On the Hessians. Who I just compared to the Trandoshans.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Trandos that good huh?

If they weren't, why would the CIS hire them?

Particulary when they can build Super Battle Droids?

Plus, this is the species that fought the Wookiees. And didn't always lose.

Edited by Basilisk

Huh interesting. I guess that explains that one Trando from the original SW movies you saw with Boba often.

Also, Gnar versus a Trando sounds fun. Even if its an NPC.

There are Trandos in the swoop gang. :)

I'd also like to stress that the Clone Wars this time around took a very different turn, don't assume certain events played out in the same way. Just a helpful tip for everyone involved.

Heck, Madara and I have got a few surprises planned for you all.

Wasn't talking to you, just one of those helpful tips I give out.

Because I'm helpful. You should all trust me.

And send me money.

Do iiiiiiiit.

Take it from me, the Lovecraftian sorcerer in an alliance with a snake god. It's totally fine.

Would I lie?

Quick question. What exactly are the Sith doing? And would it be possible for a pale, extremely angry, clone to join them?

Edited by Dr. Vengeance

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

Jedi hunting mission.

And I did send out a droid specifically so other PC's could join. No one took me up on it.

I am really, really sorry for my delay in joining this. I have several more profiles in the works, but I figured I need to get one in just as soon as I possibly can.

After this point, if I understand posts in here from Basilisk and Madara correctly, I will also be available to approve profiles. This also means that I will be available to berate you for submitting a profile I'm not satisfied with.

Name: Helor Tuorri

Species: KobokGender: Male

Age: 36 standard yearsFaction: Independent – Pirate, Mercenary, Smuggler. Wanted by Koboth security forces. Minor bounties on his head from all major criminal organizations.

Sympathies: Tuorri’s goal is the continuation of his own existence. Any obligations to other parties are overshadowed by this need, and little attention is paid to the big political picture.Rank: Dishonourably discharged from the Kobothi S-Corps for repeated behavioural infractions, culminating in three counts of assault on a superior officer. Occupation: Helor Tuorri takes whichever jobs allow him to keep flying. Smuggling and light mercenary work are the typical fare. An altercation with one of the guilds has convinced Tuorri to steer clear of true bounty hunting. When work is scarce, he trolls the shipping lanes, committing acts of piracy upon any vessel lacking sufficient protection from opportunistic bottom-feeders. Skills: A brief service with the Kobothi S-Corps taught Tuorri many things about handling blasters. He is capable of firing, either from the hip or with proper aim, with great speed and better-than-average results. On a light spacecraft, he is a capable gunner but has much more natural skill at piloting, leaving him inclined to allow his ship’s computer to man the guns when a true life-or-death situation rears its head. He has some skill at hand-to-hand combat, having been trained to disarm a foe, but his technique is remarkably straightforward and predictable, fighting, when unarmed, like a cornered animal instead of a former soldier.Force Abilities: None whatsoever.Equipment or Weapons: DLT-20A Blaster Rifle and a holdout blaster. Communications equipment, two datapads, food and medical supplies are stored aboard his ship.Appearance: Helor Tuorri is just over 1.8 meters tall, with a greyish-yellow carapace. The brow ridge on the left side of his face appears to have been snapped halfway off, leaving a deep scar just above his eye where the ridge used to be. His forehead bears a black tattoo, or possibly a brand, displaying a stylized, skull-like representation of the head of a Kobok. The hairs on the lower part of his face have been grown long, giving him a long, trailing moustache and a goatee-like beard.

His carapace bears numerous scratches and burn marks, a testament to his violent life. The tattered longcoat he wears may once have been a russet brown, but long years of misuse have left it frayed and blackened. Underneath this coat is a suit of cheap, heavily-used blast armor, rather too large for him and likely not made to fit a Kobok’s frame.Personality: Helor Tuorri is an easily-angered person with very poor impulse control. If he wants to do something, he will do it with little to no thought of the consequences. His own needs are his first and only priority – any attention paid to other matters is likely rooted in a belief that such actions will help him. Neither he nor anyone else would call him a deep thinker, and he speaks very simply, to the point of being unpleasantly blunt.Home Planet: KobothHistory: From the beginning, Helor Tuorri caused problems for those around him. Quick to react to perceived insults, the impulsive brawler was in no shortage of legal trouble in his early years. It had been hoped that a stint with the Kobothi S-Corps could teach him discipline and self-control, but he was barely three months out of training when it became abundantly clear that the main thing it had taught him was how to hit harder, faster, and more accurately. A court martial hearing, dishonourable discharge, and brief prison term later, and Helor Tuorri was more than ready to see the last of his homeworld. He caught a ride out on a passenger liner, stopping only long enough to buy himself a battered old Gozanti Cruiser and a small crew of military surplus pilot and buzz droids. In the years since, he has wandered the Outer Rim, taking jobs where they are available – for a time he worked off-and-on for some of the major crime syndicates, before certain complications at the point of contact caused them to stop hiring him and issue bounties on him instead. He now takes smuggling and merc jobs from lower-profile customers, and, when none of those are available, attacks light cargo vessels on minor trade routes, stealing what he can where he can.

Ship Name: The Knife’s EdgeModel: Gozanti CruiserFunction: The Gozanti Cruiser is an armed transport intended to protect ships from piracy, and which is often used by crime syndicates to guard shipments against their rivals.Weapons: 2 quad laser batteries, 2 quad laser turrets, 1 proton torpedo launcherModifications: The turrets are manned by OOM-pilot droids, purchased as salvaged/damaged military surplus. Four buzz droids are in charge of ship maintenance during battle, and were acquired in much the same way.Background: This particular cruiser has seen service with multiple shipping companies, with a history full of hasty repair jobs, shoestring budgets, and skirmishes with pirates too dumb or too desperate to take a hint. Fifteen names have been painted on this vessel over the course of its operational history, each one buried beneath a new coat of paint. Its latest owner, Helor Tuorri, purchased it just as it looked like it was about to enter another iteration of the cycle – it had been repaired and made presentable for sale to any cargo shipper that came looking, only to fall into the hands of a small-time pirate.

Basilisk, Madara, if I do not receive confirmation of this profile's approval, no assumptions will be made regarding its status.

EDIT: Parties, not praties. He is not a potato.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I saw that, but that was said before I joined and a little while after, you said that everyone who wanted to be involved was involved. So I wasn't sure whether or not the droid was still wandering or, if you had puled him back.

Edited by Dr. Vengeance

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

By the way, if I wanted to bring my character into the game with a nice bit of action, would I have to have someone else arrange that for me, or is it quite alright if I line up the target myself?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Go for it. There's a swoop gang hunt going on at Coruscant currently. Which is one of the places neutral characters start out at.

The gang might be looking to boost it's defenses.

More characters the better. Lack of interaction and the scattering effect killed the last SW RPG. If we have a lot of characters, we prevent that.

Woo profile....

Name: Celiin Drako

Species: Codru-Ji

Faction: Ex-Zann Consortium

Sympathies: CIS

Occupation: Smuggler, among numerous other questionably legal professions.

Skills: Celiin is a crackshot with a blaster, though she has a bit of trouble aiming with anything smaller than a carbine. Somewhat technically-minded, to the point where she can keep her ship and equipment running, lest she get stranded with a malfunctioning hyperdrive. A reasonably skilled martial artist, Celiin is somewhat more adept at using her blasters than her fists. She is an excellent pilot, and whatever she can't outfly she can generally shoot down.

Force Abilities: Might be slightly Force-sensitive given her reaction time, though is very far from a Force-user. Isn't aware of her talent.

Equipment or Weapons: Celiin mainly uses a massive KX-80 heavy repeating blaster rifle with a (quite illegal) MGL-1 micro grenade launcher mounted in an over-under configuration. The blaster's scope has been removed to cut down slightly on it's bulky size. She does have a S-5 blaster pistol should a more concealed weapon be needed. She recently acquired, though probably not through honest means, a customized version of a Corellian powersuit. However, the black-painted armor is somewhat bulky, restricting movement. The helmet has a single vertical slit-like macrobinocular viewplate, with a HUD and comlink scavenged from a blackmarket Phase-II Clone Trooper helmet.

Appearance: Celiin is about normal height for a humanoid, and athletically built. Her features are sharp and angled, while her dark hair is worn long, occasionally tied up. As with all of her species, Celiin has four arms, setting her apart from most humanoids. However, she could pass for human if she hid her second pair of appendages. She's a lot stronger than she looks, to the point where she can wield her massive repeating blaster effectively. Generally wears a vest with more pockets than what seems necessary, with her blaster pistol holstered at her hip.

Personality: Generally impassive, if somewhat aloof, Celiin prefers the company of herself, though only because that's what she's used to. Has a bit of a temper, and despises being told what to do, Celiin has a general lack of respect for authority. Tries not get involved in the war, at least if credits aren't involved.

Home Planet: Munto Codru is the closest thing to a home.

History: Celiin's first real gig in the big-bad-galaxy was that of a smuggler, something which has continued off and on for her ever since. At some point in her career, she joined the Consortium with the hopes of getting a bit more credits for her efforts. Unfortunately, it didn't exactly work out how she wanted it too, and the Codru-Ji left rather abruptly, along with a shipment of military-grade weapons and armor that sold reasonably well on the blackmarket. To say the least, the Zann Consortium wasn't to happy about this, and has since put a bounty on her head, which only adds to the numerous other local bounties she acquired in different star systems.

Ship Name: Sunfire

Model: Ghtroc 580 Light Freighter

Function: Transport, Frighter, Home.

Weapons: The freighter's single fore-mounted laser cannon has since been augmented with additional weapon mounts, which include quad laser cannon turrets mounted on the dorsal and ventral surfaces of the hull, as well as a concussion missile tube running along the inside of the secondary cargo hull fore. A forward-facing ion cannon is hidden behind panels just behind the cockpit.

Modifications: Internally, the ship has been equipped with better power generators and shields, allowing it to take much more of a beating than normal. However, these modifications do take away from some of the cargo space. The weapon systems have since been beefed up, with the original laser cannon gaining a much higher yield and fire rate. Some of the cargo space has been converted to crew areas, while there are secret compartments (with sensor-disrupting equipment) in the floor panels.

Background: Originally a Zann Consortium ship, the Sunfire has since come into her personal possession, though it isn't entirely clear if she bought it or just stole the freighter outright.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -