Ta-Koro Guard Ensign Badge IRL.

BULiK

Here is a project I've been working on:

We've all seen the Ta-Koro guard ensign in MNOLG. Here's a picture of it as an it in-game to refresh your memory.

Well, I wanted to make one like the size of a police badge, a common interpretation seen in the BZPRPG. So, I made a simple 2&1/2 inch template picture, using pictures from BS01. Then, I printed it out and cut the circle on two thin pieces of foam board stuff my grandfather has for model railroading projects (Around 1/6 inch each), glueing them together afterwards. Then I cut out the insignia and glued that to foam board, which my grandfather cut out with a Dremel.

Then I cut a strip of cardstock which I hot-glued around the edges of the circle. Them I put on a thin layer of this neat, clay-like paper mache mixture over the top to smooth it out and give a more rough appearance. We primed those (Conveniently with a dark red primer), then I painted the insignia. And then we hot-glued them on the circle today.

-[WARNING: Large Pictures]-

Isometric

Bottom

In left hand

In right hand

Comments, Criticism, etc. appreciated.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I really like this! It's nice not being the only one who makes stuff out of BIONICLE. The only thing I would say is that the back portion should be more red than black, but that's really just a nitpick that can be ignored. Great Job!

Looking cool! Am I the only one that thinks it looks like a cookie, though?

Oh my Gahlok, I want Ta Koro ensign cookies now! :drooling:

new_sig_legacy_2.png

It looks very authentic, but at the same time...sort of biscuit like. You should make some edible ones, and sell them at conventions.

I really like this! It's nice not being the only one who makes stuff out of BIONICLE. The only thing I would say is that the back portion should be more red than black, but that's really just a nitpick that can be ignored. Great Job!

Oh my Gahlok, I want Ta Koro ensign cookies now! :drooling:

Suggestions noted. Now I must figure out how to make cookie cutters :P

Nicely made! :) Nostalgia factor aside, you've done a really great job, and paid a lot of attention to detail. Again, there's a certain aged look to it. Very nice.

Thank you.

By Mata Nui, I'd say this is quite an expertly-crafted Ta-Koro Ensign you've made there! I even like the uneven paintjob, as it makes it look old and worn. Props to you, good sir and/or madam!

Thanks!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)