8821016718_5f38104ce1.jpg Click the photo above to view the flickr photo set. This is Vander, Toa of the Green. A week or so ago, I built a generic silver and black MOC, then decided to use a color for accents that I wouldn't be able to use as the main color of a MOC. Sand green was the color that I chose, as you can see. Vander is maybe some sort of ninja or ranger character, I'm not really sure what he is exactly. He wields an axe, but also fights hand-to-hand when necessary. His Kanohi, though Tryna-shaped, is actually a Huna. Feedback on the MOC is appreciated.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

A very nice build, indeed! I like how you used System flat-bricks to accent the armor. Also, using that Visorak pincer for the Axe is very creative! My only gripe abut this, really, is the feet. They seem a tad bit too small to support him, what with all the heavy armor he has. That aside, it's still a very great MOC! I give it an 8.5/10!

2zi251g.jpg

I really like this MOC. I cant really pick out something which I really like about it, but that by no means, means its not one of your best. I think what I like about it is that it just flows awesomely. There is nothing which I dont really like on it. I would say the torso seems a little two thin, but I really like the fact that you have gone for the colour scheme of that type. Dont see that green all to often. All in all this is a fantastic MOC. Well done, once again Chro!

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

A very nice build, indeed! I like how you used System flat-bricks to accent the armor. Also, using that Visorak pincer for the Axe is very creative! My only gripe abut this, really, is the feet. They seem a tad bit too small to support him, what with all the heavy armor he has. That aside, it's still a very great MOC! I give it an 8.5/10!

Heavy armor!? What MOC are you looking at? :lol: This guy is light as far as my MOCs go, though I guess you could see it as heavy... thanks for the feedback anyway. :)

I really like this MOC. I cant really pick out something which I really like about it, but that by no means, means its not one of your best. I think what I like about it is that it just flows awesomely. There is nothing which I dont really like on it. I would say the torso seems a little two thin, but I really like the fact that you have gone for the colour scheme of that type. Dont see that green all to often. All in all this is a fantastic MOC. Well done, once again Chro!

Thanks CC. I see what you mean- in my opinion it's a good MOC, though not exactly a super-unique one. The torso, at its thinnest, is three studs wide, which is generally wide enough to not look unnaturally skinny- especially on this build, which as I said, is thin as far as my MOCs go. Thanks again for the feedback. ;)

but their spirits

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as you plugged asked nicely, I'll post for this MOC. First a pernickety story point, your average Toa wouldn't wear a Tryna, or a mask shaped like a Tryna because of what it represents.

Now onto the MOC. Starting with the axe, which I like a lot. I'm glad you plugged this actually, because I was working on a similarish axe based sort of off this (I've looked at this in the past but didn't post), and another look at this is helpful. The use of a visorak pincer is clever, and the slizer piece there is good as well. I've developed distaste for weapons that just have a weapon piece on a stick. The slizer piece smooths it out, adds a little detail and makes it your own. Onto the body, the torso and arms are great, I like the way you've slipped in sand green even for the tiniest of details (minifig hand :P). I must get some of those T-pieces you've used in the hands, because everybody uses those to add detail to hands, and my MOCs always just have standard hands, which often look undersized.

The legs seem a little odd to my mind. They don't flow with body or the feet, the legs seem kind of stepped forward a bit compared to the rest of the body. I'm struggling to put it into words. At the ankles, there's a lot of shin that sticks out over the foot, but none that goes backwards. And its the same problem where it meets the body, and it looks a bit odd to me. The legs themselves look alright on their own, although perhaps the lower parts are a little flat/wide. I love the thornax launcher pieces in the legs, they're not immediately obvious, but they look awesome. The feet I'm not sure look quite the right size, but I've never been a fan of Metru feet, I nearly always swap them out for Mata feet. Not sure that would work in this case, perhaps the non-clawed inika foot would work?

Pretty much all this stuff is nitpicking though, it's your usual brilliance Chro.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I could never find the hidden link that you out on the Mocpages page of this creation.

Anyways, I like the colors, and I would go for ranger on him. The colors remind me of Fixer from Republic Commando, but I won't go into detail. I like what you did with the Visorak eye on the Nuva chest plate.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Seeing as you plugged asked nicely, I'll post for this MOC. First a pernickety story point, your average Toa wouldn't wear a Tryna, or a mask shaped like a Tryna because of what it represents.

It's like wearing a helmet with a skull decoration- just a fear tactic. ;) I suppose Vander's not the average Toa, either.

Now onto the MOC. Starting with the axe, which I like a lot. I'm glad you plugged this actually, because I was working on a similarish axe based sort of off this (I've looked at this in the past but didn't post), and another look at this is helpful. The use of a visorak pincer is clever, and the slizer piece there is good as well. I've developed distaste for weapons that just have a weapon piece on a stick. The slizer piece smooths it out, adds a little detail and makes it your own.

Thanks. I agree, basic weapons can get boring, and it's nice to spice them up even if it's just a little bit, like with the Slizer piece (which was an afterthought, but I'm glad I added it). :)

Onto the body, the torso and arms are great, I like the way you've slipped in sand green even for the tiniest of details (minifig hand :P). I must get some of those T-pieces you've used in the hands, because everybody uses those to add detail to hands, and my MOCs always just have standard hands, which often look undersized.

Haha, well, as far as sand green goes I only have two sockets and an assorted small pile of little greebly parts... so most of my options there lie in the details. And yes, I would suggest getting some t-bars, they are most useful.

The legs seem a little odd to my mind. They don't flow with body or the feet, the legs seem kind of stepped forward a bit compared to the rest of the body. I'm struggling to put it into words. At the ankles, there's a lot of shin that sticks out over the foot, but none that goes backwards. And its the same problem where it meets the body, and it looks a bit odd to me. The legs themselves look alright on their own, although perhaps the lower parts are a little flat/wide. I love the thornax launcher pieces in the legs, they're not immediately obvious, but they look awesome.

You're right about the legs sticking out a bit. I wanted to try the technique with embedding the Thornax launcher piece in the leg, but I don't think I succeeded fully, LOL. I should've bulked up the back of the legs, I agree again.

The feet I'm not sure look quite the right size, but I've never been a fan of Metru feet, I nearly always swap them out for Mata feet. Not sure that would work in this case, perhaps the non-clawed inika foot would work?

The second Inika foot is... eh. I like how it looks as a piece, but it's hard for me to use it on a MOC in a way that I like. On Vander in particular, it'd look way too large and flat, IMO.

Pretty much all this stuff is nitpicking though, it's your usual brilliance Chro.

Hahaha, thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. :lol:

I could never find the hidden link that you out on the Mocpages page of this creation.

That's fine, it was just a Catapult Scorpion preview, and as you know I've posted that already.

Anyways, I like the colors, and I would go for ranger on him. The colors remind me of Fixer from Republic Commando, but I won't go into detail. I like what you did with the Visorak eye on the Nuva chest plate.

Thanks. :) But those aren't Visorak eyes, they're the new blade pieces from Ninjago. ;)

Edited by Chro

but their spirits