Catapult Scorpion

Chro

Somewhere off in the stony wastes, something is hungry. 8873276773_3cf3b3c44b_n.jpg^ Click this photo to view the MOCpages gallery. ^ Something different from my usual MOCs... this is my first complete non-humanoid build in months. I'm quite satisfied with it. Sorry for the relatively small amount of photos, but there's really not a large variety of poses I can put a giant scorpion in.Feedback is appreciated.

(Also, 1000 posts! Woo!)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Man it looks menacing! :D

Thanks, that was the goal. :lol:

You really out did yourself on this MOC here. I love the MOC it self, and that Electro-Shock rocket launcher looks great for a tail.

Electro-shock rocket launcher? Hmm... isn't that what it was called on the Exo-Toa? :P Thanks dude.

but their spirits

The original was one of my favorites of that rahi book, and you've done the concept proud. The head is really nice, and so is the body and the claws.... Just awesome job. However, the function in the tail really makes it for me, so good on you for that. Great work!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

Thanks FB. I've talked to a few people who say that the original was their favorite Rahi, too, and I'm glad I've done it justice. I knew I needed to add some function to make up for the lack of gear-spinning arms, so the launcher was the best place to use that, haha.

but their spirits

The design is quite good, the way all the different armor pieces go together(and the use of "stranger" one's like knight's kingdom and fenrakk's head). The custom head is done great. Really makes him look like ready to eat you. I see that a lot of the parts must have been custom painted. Also like the pincers. I don't know why you went silver. It's not bad(in fact it turns out really well) but it is not the color i picture an animal in. I wonder how much he can move his legs, arms and tail.

Love the design of the scorpion, the combination of classic techinic elements all the way up to hero factory armor parts is asthetically very well done.

Been a Bionicle fan since I was an ankle biter, and I've lurked on this board plenty, I just haven't become a member until now because I'm not very social by nature.

The design is quite good, the way all the different armor pieces go together(and the use of "stranger" one's like knight's kingdom and fenrakk's head). The custom head is done great. Really makes him look like ready to eat you. I see that a lot of the parts must have been custom painted. Also like the pincers. I don't know why you went silver. It's not bad(in fact it turns out really well) but it is not the color i picture an animal in. I wonder how much he can move his legs, arms and tail.

Thanks. The flexibility is actually quite good. I made it in silver and black because that's the color of the original... and whaaat? There are no custom painted parts in this build at all, what did you think was customized?

Love the design of the scorpion, the combination of classic techinic elements all the way up to hero factory armor parts is asthetically very well done.

Thanks Jack. I try to use a range of parts, because they have a better potential when you use, say, HF and Technic instead of just Bionicle or something like that...

but their spirits