Useless Facts 2

CHTrilogy

Since the first topic is a little deadish by now, I figured I should start a new one for you to dispense useless and entertaining facts and stories. I have two I was hoping to share, so here they are:

• In most of the newer Looney Tunes animations, the intro mimics the 3D WB shield effect that was originally seen in 1954's Lumber Jack-Rabbit - that is to say, the shield doesn't stop where it usually does, it springs out and recoils, as part of the 3D film gimmick that made that film so notable.
  • The Hampster Dance song is actually a sped-up version of the opening song from Disney's Robin Hood!

~ CHTrilogy

We haven't had any new Bionicle story since 2010.

When singing a difficult song, actors in musicals and operas will sometimes pick someone out of the audience and sing it to them.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

The missing episodes of Doctor Who, are missing in the sense that there is no video. I believe that ALL audio recordings still exist. Better animate them then. :/

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

The actors in the film version of Les Miserables sung everything live, with only an earpiece with a tinny piano backing for accompaniment. The music was added later.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

It is possible to milk a male platypus. They are the only male mammal that can be milked.

You see, the male platypus has poison, and is the only poisonous mammal. The verb for extracting poison from a creature is milk.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

• 2 weeks later...
Because of the rotation of the earth, an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.
Jimmy Carter was the first U.S. President to be born in a hospital.
Facetious and abstemious contain all the vowels in the correct order, as does arsenious, meaning containing arsenic.
160 cars can drive side by side on the Monumental Axis in Brazil, the world’s widest road.
Mongolia is the largest landlocked country.
Maine is the only state (in USA) whose name is just one syllable.
In the 17th century, the value of pi was known to 35 decimal places. Today, to 1.2411 trillion.
Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Best Regards Iggy                                                                                 Failure to not recognize this user's awesomeness is punishable by Pikachu

"Because some...men just like to watch the world burn"  

Spontaneous Combustions is back, but not in the way you expected.

https://chargeinfinity.wordpress.com/

Bookkeep, bookkeeping, and bookepper are the only English words with three consecutive pairs of vowels.The name Greenland was one of the greatest scams in history to get vikings to move there.Napoleon wasn't really short. He was okay for people in that time period.The Bugs Bunny voice actor was allergic to carrots. During scenes where he had to chew a carrot, he spit them out afterwards.

Edited by Norik The Student

• 3 weeks later...

north korea has 5-car lanes

On Mars, (or it's moons, I forget which), if you throw something at 100 miles per hour, it will go into orbit.

Iceland is powered mostly by geothermal power, and is in fact an active volcanic island

Ska was Reggae's musical predecessor

Holland is not a country. It is a part of the Netherlands, but many English-speaking people commonly refer to the entire country as Holland. It is in fact a specific region of the Netherlands.

Edited by darthme

iNRDRQK.png?1

DANMAG!

BZRPG Profiles

Colin Baker was fired before his regen so McCoy had to do it in a blonde wig.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032