Bionicle Websites to be Shut Down

It was a government conspiracy. Look at the facts -

• [*]Andrew (codename: Black Six) works for the US government...the US Military, no less. He's privy to all kinds of violent government secrets. What's he hiding from us? What's the government hiding from us?[*]Kelly (codename: Binkmeister) works for the Lego Group and does all kinds of dirty work for them...including bearing news like "Bionicle.com is being shut down." Was there a tinge of glee in his words when he reported it?
You be the judge.[*]Andrew and Kelly are close friends, having worked together on the largest Bionicle fansite, BZPower.com. They're in close communication...suspiciously close.[*]We know the Lego Group wanted Bionicle dead. They've given all kinds of reasons but none of the stories add up..."Lagging sales" one day... "Need to do something fresh" the next day... "It'd run its course" on another... which one is it? Better get your stories straight, Lego. The fact remains, they wanted Bionicle gone...perhaps enough to kill?[*]We know Andrew and Kelly were in close communication around the time of Bionicle's death. We also can see, from contemporary records, that this period coincides with BZPower planning to diversify its fanbase and focus less on Bionicle. Coincidence?[*]You can add up the facts yourself from there. Obviously the Lego Group sent Kelly to Andrew with a special request. Andrew used his government military connections to plan a secret, perfectly-executed hit. Bionicle was assasinated by the US government in 2010. The blood is on the hands of Lego, BZPower, and America.

Examine the evidence for yourself. I'm just a patriot and a True Bionicle Fan,™ reporting real facts. Wake up, sheeple!

I have but one question to ask you: Have you ever seen Andrew, Obama, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen and an ice-cream vendor in the same room together? Edited by Zeene

iquXD5X.png

Weirdos are always weirdos. XD

It's not an issue of "weirdness"; it's an issue of people not (somehow) not grasping what actual breasts look like and how they function. This is generally because of ingrained societal puritanism and misogyny, as well as overt, cartoonish fetishization and objectification of women's bodies. As a wise woman once put it, "THEY ARE NOT JUST GIANT GLOBES YOU STAPLE UNDER HER CHIN."

It's a problem in any form of art, or any visual medium than depicts women - not just in MOCs. But when it comes to Bionicle MOCs, the nuva shoulder armour is infamous as being the most-commonly-used piece to depict breasts on female humanoid MOCs despite the fact that there is almost no way to actually effectively use them as so. Allow me to direct you to a couple of wise blog entries on the subject:

I recommend reading all of them and then catching up on modern women's issues.

bring back "an cool dude"

Reading these comments has reminded me why I don't come on here much. There are better places to talk about Bionicle where people are dedicated to talking about Bionicle, not talking about moving on from it or how dead it is.

Edited by Toa Tanidru

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

First off - everyone needs to get back on topic.Second, I would appreciate it if people were more respectful of others here. While many of you may have moved on beyond Bionicle, that doesn't mean others still don't enjoy it. And while you may have your opinions on that subject, you shouldn't mock or insult fellow members because they hold a different view. I have already deleted multiple posts that I felt crossed the line, and if I see more there will be Proto drops and other administrative action.

Time to raise the flag of despair, and say good bye to Bionicle. Though, yes, I may have moved on, I still love it and will cherish it to the day that I go away. Black Six is right on this whole subject matter. We all need to get back on topic, and respect each other. We are not here to be bickering at each other, or throw rants at someone because they moved on. Come on people, we can do better right?

To the people who are backing the site up, thank you (and send me a link to it). We all had our moments in the site going at it in the games section and trying to beat the highscore, or check out the new movies they posted in there.

With that, I'm done here, and you can continue on with the discussion of the site going down (peacefully and respectfully).

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Took a moment to grab this from story:

Six heroes began a quest on the island paradise of Mata Nui. The Toa – biomechanical beings who command elemental powers – found themselves banding together to help the island’s inhabitants: Matoran villagers and their Turaga elders. Golden Kanohi masks of power helped the Toa tame rahi beasts that had been turned to evil by the Makuta, a dark and mysterious being who wove dark plots in his lair beneath a volcano.Together, the six heroes learned to trust one another and learned the meaning of Unity, Duty, and Destiny. Together, Tahu, Gali, Kopaka, Lewa, Pohatu, and Onua used their golden Kanohi to tame the rahi and confront Makuta in his lair. Together, they sent Makuta away from Mata Nui, but before fading Makuta released another blight onto Mata Nui.The Bohrok Swarms.Once released from their slumber, these voracious mechanical bugs levelled everything in their path. Inside their curved heads lay rubbery Krana, creatures that used the Bohrok as an exoskeleton. Krana could not only drive a Bohrok, they could act as a mask and take over any form of life – Matoran, Turaga, even Toa, as Lewa discovered.The Turaga told an ancient tale of the Bohrok: the Toa must collect eight different types of krana from each of the six types of Bohrok in order to defeat the swarms. Despite villages being ravaged, the Toa and Matoran bravely fought the bugs. The Toa discovered a Bohrok nest and placed their Krana into niches within the tunnels, halting the swarm but unleashing Cahdok and Gahdok, the Bahrag twins. They commanded the Swarms. The Toa created an energized protodermis cage which traps the Bahrag, finally halting the swarms.In their moment of triumph, the Toa are swallowed into pools of energized protodermis, transforming them into the even more powerful Toa Nuva. This new power would help them fight the Bohrok-Kal, backup commanders of the Bohrok in case the Bahrag failed. The Kal unleashed the Bohrok Swarms once again, and stole the mysterious Nuva symbols which now contained the Toa Nuva’s elemental powers. The Kal planned to use the stone symbols to form a Nuva cube, which would free the Bahrag, but the Toa tricked the Kal and fed their energies into the symbols. The greedy Kal, thinking to rule along with the Bahrag, destroyed themselves. The swarms were stopped once more.After the Matoran rebuild shattered villages, a Matoran named Takua found a mysterious Kanohi mask: the Mask of Light. He and the Captain of the Ta-Koro guard, Jaller, are tasked with searching for the heralded Seventh Toa. Deadly Rahkshi creatures are sent by Makuta, who has returned to Mata Nui, to stop the two Matoran. Their journeys reveal that Takua is meant to be the seventh Toa, and he dons the mask, becoming Takanuva, Toa of Light. Takanuva battles Makuta in his dark lair and vanquishes the dark menace, in the process leading everyone to rediscover the lost city of Metru Nui.The Turaga elders decide it’s time to tell of that ancient city, the City of Legends. A thousand years before, Metru Nui was full of life and bustle, before the coming of the Morbuzahk. This nasty vine being wreaked havoc on the metropolis, under the control of Makuta, who was disguised as that city’s Turaga. The lone Toa of Metru Nui, Toa Lhikan, helps transform six Matoran into Toa Metru. These Toa would later become the Turaga elders of Mata Nui, but as Toa they tracked the Morbuzahk to the great furnace in Ta-Metru and defeated it with Great Kanoka Disks they’d collected.The six Toa heroes, far from being thanked for their work, are called impostors by the fake Turaga Dume, and are forced to evade both mechanical Vahki peacekeepers and Dark Hunters. The Toa Metru discover Makuta is impersonating Turaga Dume, who orders all Matoran to be placed into pods and put to sleep. This sends the Great Spirit Mata Nui into a deep sleep as well. After imprisoning Makuta in a shell of Protodermis using a special Mask of Time, the Toa Metru attempt to retrieve the Matoran pods.But they are stopped by the spidery Visorak. Venom transforms the Toa Metru into Toa Hordika, half-beasts who must search for the legendary Rahi Keetongu to free them from being Hordika. In doing so, the great city is greatly damaged. Finally restored to their Metru forms, the six Toa bring the Matoran pods up to the newly-discovered island paradise of Mata Nui and awaken them. The heroes give up their powers to become Turaga, and don’t tell the newly awakened and confused Matoran of their past. The Turaga finish their tale of Metru Nui, and the inhabitants of Swarm-ravaged Mata Nui decide to go back to Metru Nui. But once there, they discover the Great Spirit Mata Nui isn’t just sleeping – he’s dying. The Toa Nuva must find the floating island of Voya Nui and retrieve the Kanohi Ignika, the Mask of Life, guarded by fearsome warriors. But they’ve been beaten to it by six nasty creatures who call themselves Piraka. The Piraka have fooled the Matoran of Voya Nui into thinking they are actually Toa. The Piraka are after the Mask of Life too. But they didn’t count on six new heroes created from Matoran, the Toa Inika, challenging their plans.Only the scheming and backstabbing actions of the Piraka keep them from getting their claws on the Mask of Life before it plummets into the deep ocean. At the bottom of the ocean lies another city, Mahri Nui, broken off the main island of Voya Nui long ago. Surrounded by air bubbles, Mahri Nui’s survival is precarious. It’s right next to The Pit, where undesirables have been sent for millennia to be punished.The Barraki, six warlords who were hideously transformed when sent to the Pit, fight over the Mask of Life to restore themselves to power. But they are denied their prize when the Toa Inika journey to Mahri Nui and are transformed into water-breathing Toa Mahri by the Mask of Life itself. After battling many creeps from the deep, including their old nemesis Makuta in a robotic form, Toa Matoro finally wins the mask. They destroy the stone cord linking Voya Nui with Mahri Nui, plunging Voya Nui down to plug a hole in the World That Feeds The World, Karda Nui. But they aren’t in time.The Great Spirit Mata Nui died.Faced with the destruction of the universe, Matoro places the Mask of Life on his face, and chooses to sacrifice himself to save the Great Spirit and his friends. The massive energies from the Ignika bring Mata Nui back to life, but still in a dangerous sleep. There’s only one place where the Toa Nuva can wake Mata Nui, so they are transported to a massive cave, where they find Matoran of Light battling winged Makuta in the mists of Karda Nui.In the toxic swamp at the bottom of Karda Nui, the Toa Nuva fight for the Mask of Life and search for ways to enter a mysterious metallic dome buried in a fallen stalactite. But even with the help of the silent Toa Ignika, the Toa Nuva must battle mutated Makuta to waken Mata Nui.

Edited by Lieutenant Obvious

Morally unambiguous.

I remember when they first teased us with those screens of the Voya Nui Online Game. We were all so intrigued. For me personally, it was great - a way to dive into the world of Bionicle to make the story your own, rather than walking in the shoes of another.

My own personal candle of hope for the serials has been snuffed out with this news. But hey, we still our fan communities - we can keep Bionicle alive for awhile longer. The power is ours now.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Honestly, how many of the Bring Back Bionicle club members who don't want these sites shut down even visit them? -_-

This is how I feel. I don't disown them for feeling "connected" to the sites, but I don't see what purpose the sites even serve anymore. :confused:

Also, if anybody wants to save or just bookmark the entire Journey's End novel, I compiled all the chapters into one PDF to make it easier. http://meta.brickimedia.org/images/c/c6/BIONICLE-Journey%27s-End-Complete.pdf

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

And so an era ends. I'm assuming that all the games/serials/videos etc. will be saved somewhere else, correct?

Biosector01 has all the serials, flash animations, and commercials stored!

Scrath flash animations, They were removed because they stole them.

how do you steal a flash animation?

Previously known as Aiwendil.

And so an era ends. I'm assuming that all the games/serials/videos etc. will be saved somewhere else, correct?

Biosector01 has all the serials, flash animations, and commercials stored!

Scrath flash animations, They were removed because they stole them.

how do you steal a flash animation?

The BMP ripped the flash animations. BS01 stole them, by linking without giving credit.

Edited by Predator - Jungle Hunter

-G u u R a h K

It is certainly alright to move on from Bionicle, but it is important to preserve the memory of it. We can't forget the joy it brought us, and we can't abandon it. I am adamant that fan created material such as MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms is necessary for keeping the fanbase alive. Luckily there is no shortage of fan created material! And of course, things like good old BZPower, BS01, and the BMP hold us all together. The closure of the Bionicle websites is indeed the final blow to Bionicle officially, but it is insignificant in the big picture. We can still unite on BZP to keep Bionicle alive, even though The Lego Group has ended their support of it.

As for the return of Bionicle, we all know Greg's quote about Star Trek. ;)

Edited by MX5Miata
Bliss.png

It is certainly alright to move on from Bionicle, but it is important to preserve the memory of it. We can't forget the joy it brought us, and we can't abandon it. I am adamant that fan created material such as MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms is detrimental to keeping the fanbase alive. Luckily there is no shortage of fan created material! And of course, things like good old BZPower, BS01, and the BMP hold us all together. The closure of the Bionicle websites is indeed the final blow to Bionicle officially, but it is insignificant in the big picture. We can still unite on BZP to keep Bionicle alive, even though The Lego Group has ended their support of it.

Are you sure you mean "detrimental"? :P

There's nothing wrong with the fanbase carrying on, but it's the more irrational "we won't buy LEGO until BIONICLE is back" stuff that gets on my nerves. Fortunately, most of that has either settled into acceptance or has skedaddled. After all, I'm still here talking about it, and I was content with the shutdown. We can still be fans.

Edited by LewaLew
How well will you die?

It is certainly alright to move on from Bionicle, but it is important to preserve the memory of it. We can't forget the joy it brought us, and we can't abandon it. I am adamant that fan created material such as MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms is detrimental to keeping the fanbase alive. Luckily there is no shortage of fan created material! And of course, things like good old BZPower, BS01, and the BMP hold us all together. The closure of the Bionicle websites is indeed the final blow to Bionicle officially, but it is insignificant in the big picture. We can still unite on BZP to keep Bionicle alive, even though The Lego Group has ended their support of it.

Are you sure you mean "detrimental"? :P

There's nothing wrong with the fanbase carrying on, but it's the more irrational "we won't buy LEGO until BIONICLE is back" stuff that gets on my nerves. Fortunately, most of that has either settled into acceptance or has skedaddled. After all, I'm still here talking about it, and I was content with the shutdown. We can still be fans.

Oops, I used the wrong word there! :lol: I don't what i was thinking about when I wrote that! A better word would be necessary! Thanks for letting me know about that.

I wouldn't say I'm content with the shutdown, but I'm surely not screaming bloody murder to Lego about it.

Edited by MX5Miata
Bliss.png

I'm hurting this way, because of the shutdown. Plus I actually visit the site from time to time, but only as my window to the Lego website. Even though I never joined a Bring Back Bionicle club, I really will miss my childhood memories. I might cry when it finally says that the server is now offline, or page no longer found.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

I don't know how to feel about this. BIONICLE composed the majority of my childhood entertainment ten years ago. Now that I'm graduating from high school, it's like everything is trying to tell me my childhood is over.

I'll be honest. I didn't like the direction the story took after 2004, but I could live with it. Then they had the end comic with the incredibly open ending and the continuing serials on BIONICLEStory. How many of those actually finished? I feel like we're missing out on a lot of closure, story-wise. Sure, GregF's Q&A reveals of story secrets that bug everyone for years on end is nice and all, but it really isn't the same as reading the actual events play out in the story.

I'll never be able to let BIONICLE go, no matter how much it changed over its run, because I think it still hasn't finished. None of LEGO's other products had such fleshed-out stories or characters, and I don't think they ever will in the future. Maybe that's just me being pessimistic, but hey.

qs11848.jpg
^Nostalgia Trip. I was 8 years old.^
[insert 1.2mb GIF here]

Honestly, how many of the Bring Back Bionicle club members who don't want these sites shut down even visit them? -_-

This is how I feel. I don't disown them for feeling "connected" to the sites, but I don't see what purpose the sites even serve anymore. :confused:

Also, if anybody wants to save or just bookmark the entire Journey's End novel, I compiled all the chapters into one PDF to make it easier. http://meta.brickimedia.org/images/c/c6/BIONICLE-Journey%27s-End-Complete.pdf

Gah. Ninja'd. I was about to do that.

By the way, Zeene, I went to your Bioniclestory.com server today and found that it was down.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

As many have said, I can't say this is an unexpected move on Lego's part. I will, however, continue to hold out hope that the serials will be continued, mostly because of the myriad of unanswered questions they have left behind for us. If not here, then perhaps on BS01 (where the entire text of the serials can already be found)? Gonna miss the games though.

Ah well. Even if I'm not as active around here anymore, I'll always be a BIONICLE fan, through and through!

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

This is sad news, especially because this means that the serials will never be published (unless by Greg in a non-official way). It may be time to no longer rely on Greg or anybody, we (especially the BZPower community) should unite, take the story, and continue with it on our own.
If we want to preserve Bionicle, we can not wait for someone else to do it for us. For some time I have realized that LEGO is not going to make any effort (and makes sense). We should not see this as a final death for Bionicle, but as an opportunity to take it under our care.
Lots of fan communities are kept alive by the fans themselves; it is an example we should follow.

This^But just, for a little while, try to imagine what'd it be like if LEGO became something like DC or Marvel, with everything tying together, always building upon all series at the same time. Imagine all those relaunches... that would be even worse than this.

I hope that Greg does come back though... otherwise we really do have to deal with this on our own. I wonder what LEGO would think about actually handing the rights to the story to someone like DC or Marvel. Not so it can be blended into the other series though, but for continuation purposes. It would be amazing to see James Roberts and Nick Roche write stories set in the BIONICLE universe! :D

I've been wondering when they were going down for a while. It makes me very sad. I have no doubt our heroic fans will rescue the important stuff, though.

As a matter of fact, the backup is currently 95% done. After that, all that's left to do is add a massive notice saying "Uhhmmm hey we don't own this stuff, so please don't sue us, mmmkay?", and upload everything.

Awesome. Keep me and the others posted! I'd love to get to use those sites again :D Will they include all the other, previous versions of the sites, accessible through the Wayback Machine? Or is that stuff now lost forever?

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.

Awesome. Keep me and the others posted! I'd love to get to use those sites again :D Will they include all the other, previous versions of the sites, accessible through the Wayback Machine? Or is that stuff now lost forever?

That was the plan, yes. Currently the site's offline due to..... ahem, "complications". It might tune back into the 'net again, it might not, but if it won't make it, I'll just release all the files currently in my possession. The website might be offline, but everything's still safe on my harddrive.

iquXD5X.png

• 2 weeks later...

It has happened. The final blow of purging all traces of BIONICLE from the LEGO website has been made.

Except, yaknow, the trademark stuff at the bottom of the site.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group