Bionicle Websites to be Shut Down

It has happened. The final blow of purging all traces of BIONICLE from the LEGO website has been made.

Except, yaknow, the trademark stuff at the bottom of the site.

Nope. Not even there.

Oh. you're right...

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

It has happened. The final blow of purging all traces of BIONICLE from the LEGO website has been made.

Except, yaknow, the trademark stuff at the bottom of the site.

Nope. Not even there.

Oh. you're right...

I wonder if that means that BIONICLE is no longer a trademark of LEGO?

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Though confusingly, BIONICLE seems to still be a LEGO trademark.

Dear Ezekiel,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.It’s great to hear that our bricks and specifically LEGO® Bionicle® are inspiring you.You can generally use them for your personal project or if nobody is making any money from it. Read the LEGO Fair Play policy to find out more:http://aboutus.lego.com/en-us/legal-notice/fair-play/Unfortunately, we can’t offer any legal advice on the use of LEGO® brand names, trademarks and products. If you’re still in doubt, we recommend you ask a lawyer qualified in intellectual property law before you make conclusive decisions about going ahead with your online game based on the second movie, BIONICLE 2: Legends Of Metru Nui. Our experience over the years has shown that we need to monitor and regulate the commercial use of our trademarks carefully. We reserve all rights to take whatever action we deem appropriate based on things that we see in the market at any given time.

Please let us know if you need anything else

Justyna

LEGO Service

Happy building!

Edited by Predator - Jungle Hunter

-G u u R a h K

So, I haven't been on here in awhile since BZP has mostly ceased to be a fun place to be (for me), so I somehow missed this month-old news and just found out about it today.

So yeah, it's quite a shock, mostly because I never got a chance to look at the websites one last time... However, it seems they are available for download elsewhere, so I'll look into that.

I'm sad, because the websites were ones I checked very frequently back years ago, always waiting for a new update. I'm still as big a BIONICLE fan as I ever was, but I admit to having neglected the sites in past years, instead focusing my BIONICLE-related activities elsewhere.

I understand the practical purposes behind this, of course, but it still saddens me...

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

BIONICLE should still be a LEGO trademark. I don't think the theme's been gone long enough for it to expire, and they certainly haven't sold it. But if the name isn't being used anywhere on the site they don't have to put any disclaimer about it in the footer.

Besides, you never know if TLG might someday find a use for it outside its original purpose, as they did with the Slizer trademark in 2009.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

BIONICLE should still be a LEGO trademark. I don't think the theme's been gone long enough for it to expire, and they certainly haven't sold it. But if the name isn't being used anywhere on the site they don't have to put any disclaimer about it in the footer.

Besides, you never know if TLG might someday find a use for it outside its original purpose, as they did with the Slizer trademark in 2009.

What happened with Slizer in 2009?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

The reboot of Space Police featured an alien named Slizer in its flagship set.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

The reboot of Space Police featured an alien named Slizer in its flagship set.

New from Hero Factory! Zombie Villain "BIONICLE"! :P

Edited by Predator - Jungle Hunter

-G u u R a h K

• 5 weeks later...

Now that both the Bionicle websites are gone, I'm very sad.:( I liked the websites a lot for a long time since they were released.:( But I will never forget them and my happy times in there. They gave me some of my happiest memories of my life.:( (crying in tears while being depressed.:() This makes me cry in tears while I'm depressed about this now.:( (still crying in tears while being sad.:()

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Now that both the Bionicle websites are gone, I'm very sad. :( I liked the websites a lot for a long time since they were released. :( But I will never forget them and my happy times in there. They gave me some of my happiest memories of my life. :( (crying in tears while being depressed. :() This makes me cry in tears while I'm depressed about this now. :( (still crying in tears while being sad. :()

Well, all the games and memories are right here, and there's even a backup of BIONICLEStory.com. :)

-G u u R a h K

I just learned this the hard way when I tried to get on Bionicle Story today for a trip down memory lane.

I guess I won't be holding my breath anymore for story updates and finding out what happens next. To be honest, I've moved on from Bionicle a long time ago. That doesn't mean I'm a little sad to see it officially fall off the scene, even though I'm not surprised considering how long Bionicle's been in ailing health.

Oh well. My figures are still gracing their shelves in my room and I don't have any plans to get rid of them. I'll just fill in the rest of the story with my imagination just like I had in those moments I wasn't preoccupied with life and/or my new fandoms.

Well, this is life; nothing much we can do about it.

On a different note, can I have the link to any back-up site? Even though these days I get my story fix from Homestuck updates (heheh, wow I sure got into it later than a lot of people here XD), I still love a good nostalgia trip every now and then.

Never mind, there's a link right above my post.

Edited by Kyori

• 2 weeks later...

I find it amusing that almost 3 months out we'r still talking about this.

Same here, although I wouldn't be surprised. Almost 4 years since Bionicle had it's final wave of sets and people are still protesting to bring the theme back.

To be honest I stopped caring about Bionicle and its websites as soon as it was discontinued.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Now that both the Bionicle websites are gone, I'm very sad. :( I liked the websites a lot for a long time since they were released. :( But I will never forget them and my happy times in there. They gave me some of my happiest memories of my life. :( (crying in tears while being depressed. :() This makes me cry in tears while I'm depressed about this now. :( (still crying in tears while being sad. :()

Well, all the games and memories are right here, and there's even a backup of BIONICLEStory.com. :)

There's a backup of BIONICLEStory.com?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dish me the link, bro.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

There's a backup of BIONICLEStory.com?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dish me the link, bro.

Here.

Edited by Guurahk Entertainer

-G u u R a h K