• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionicle Websites to be Shut Down

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#241 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Submerged!

• 1,198 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 06:33 PM

It has happened. The final blow of purging all traces of BIONICLE from the LEGO website has been made.

Except, yaknow, the trademark stuff at the bottom of the site.

Nope. Not even there.

Oh. you're right... 

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#242 Online The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,209 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 06:47 PM

It has happened. The final blow of purging all traces of BIONICLE from the LEGO website has been made.

Except, yaknow, the trademark stuff at the bottom of the site.

Nope. Not even there.

Oh. you're right... 

I wonder if that means that BIONICLE is no longer a trademark of LEGO?

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#243 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,540 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 07:11 PM

If it is, *quote from Javert* "You know what that means."

After market boyyyy Yeah!

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#244 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 694 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 07:17 PM

Would that be a good thing or a bad thing if BIONICLE wasn't one of LEGO's trademarks anymore?

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#245 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,540 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'd say both, because someone can continue the sets and serials, but it won't be the same as we know it.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#246 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2013 - 10:04 AM

Though confusingly, BIONICLE seems to still be a LEGO trademark.

[font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"]Dear Ezekiel,[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"]Thanks for getting in touch with us.[/font][font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"]It’s great to hear that our bricks and specifically LEGO®  Bionicle®  are inspiring you.[/font][font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"]You can generally use them for your personal project or if nobody is making any money from it. Read the LEGO Fair Play policy to find out more:[/font]http://aboutus.lego....tice/fair-play/[font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"]Unfortunately, we can’t offer any legal advice on the use of LEGO® brand names, trademarks and products. If you’re still in doubt, we recommend you ask a lawyer qualified in intellectual property law before you make conclusive decisions about going ahead with your online game based on the second movie, BIONICLE 2: Legends Of Metru Nui. Our experience over the years has shown that we need to monitor and regulate the commercial use of our trademarks carefully. We reserve all rights to take whatever action we deem appropriate based on things that we see in the market at any given time.[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"]Please let us know if you need anything else[/font] 

Justyna

LEGO Service

Happy building!

Edited by Predator - Jungle Hunter, Jul 04 2013 - 10:06 AM.

-G u u R a h K

#247 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,855 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2013 - 09:25 PM

BIONICLE should still be a LEGO trademark. I don't think the theme's been gone long enough for it to expire, and they certainly haven't sold it. But if the name isn't being used anywhere on the site they don't have to put any disclaimer about it in the footer.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#248 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,015 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 12:01 AM

So, I haven't been on here in awhile since BZP has mostly ceased to be a fun place to be (for me), so I somehow missed this month-old news and just found out about it today.

So yeah, it's quite a shock, mostly because I never got a chance to look at the websites one last time... However, it seems they are available for download elsewhere, so I'll look into that.

I'm sad, because the websites were ones I checked very frequently back years ago, always waiting for a new update. I'm still as big a BIONICLE fan as I ever was, but I admit to having neglected the sites in past years, instead focusing my BIONICLE-related activities elsewhere.

I understand the practical purposes behind this, of course, but it still saddens me... 

Edited by toa kopaka4372, Jul 06 2013 - 12:01 AM.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7351

#249 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:43 PM

BIONICLE should still be a LEGO trademark. I don't think the theme's been gone long enough for it to expire, and they certainly haven't sold it. But if the name isn't being used anywhere on the site they don't have to put any disclaimer about it in the footer.

Besides, you never know if TLG might someday find a use for it outside its original purpose, as they did with the Slizer trademark in 2009.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~, Jul 07 2013 - 06:43 PM.

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#250 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,482 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 07:35 PM

Besides, you never know if TLG might someday find a use for it outside its original purpose, as they did with the Slizer trademark in 2009.

What happened with Slizer in 2009?

"What kind of pedophile would hang out on BZP? The only people left on here are

nostalgic 18-year-olds. He'd be the laughingstock of the pedophile community."

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#251 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 08:25 PM

The reboot of Space Police featured an alien named Slizer in its flagship set.

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#252 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 10:16 AM

The reboot of Space Police featured an alien named Slizer in its flagship set.

New from Hero Factory! Zombie Villain "BIONICLE"! :P

Edited by Predator - Jungle Hunter, Jul 08 2013 - 10:16 AM.

-G u u R a h K

#253 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 303 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 04:45 PM

Now that both the Bionicle websites are gone, I'm very sad.:( I liked the websites a lot for a long time since they were released.:( But I will never forget them and my happy times in there. They gave me some of my happiest memories of my life.:( (crying in tears while being depressed.:() This makes me cry in tears while I'm depressed about this now.:( (still crying in tears while being sad.:()
I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#254 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 04:53 PM

Now that both the Bionicle websites are gone, I'm very sad. :( I liked the websites a lot for a long time since they were released. :( But I will never forget them and my happy times in there. They gave me some of my happiest memories of my life. :( (crying in tears while being depressed. :() This makes me cry in tears while I'm depressed about this now. :( (still crying in tears while being sad. :()

Well, all the games and memories are right here, and there's even a backup of BIONICLEStory.com. :)

-G u u R a h K

#255 Offline Kyori

Kyori
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 534 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 07:28 PM

I just learned this the hard way when I tried to get on Bionicle Story today for a trip down memory lane.

I guess I won't be holding my breath anymore for story updates and finding out what happens next. To be honest, I've moved on from Bionicle a long time ago. That doesn't mean I'm a little sad to see it officially fall off the scene, even though I'm not surprised considering how long Bionicle's been in ailing health.

Oh well. My figures are still gracing their shelves in my room and I don't have any plans to get rid of them. I'll just fill in the rest of the story with my imagination just like I had in those moments I wasn't preoccupied with life and/or my new fandoms.

Well, this is life; nothing much we can do about it.

On a different note, can I have the link to any back-up site? Even though these days I get my story fix from Homestuck updates (heheh, wow I sure got into it later than a lot of people here XD), I still love a good nostalgia trip every now and then.

Never mind, there's a link right above my post.

Edited by Kyori, Aug 06 2013 - 07:30 PM.

Previously known as: Twilight Helryx, Kyori, and Pride.

#256 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 774 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2013 - 07:48 PM

I read the title and my heart skipped a beat. Then I actually read it. heh. I thought they meant BZP. heh. heheh. :P

output_fmwrer.gif   1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png   output_fmwrer.gif

(Links do not work at the moment)

#257 Online The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,209 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2013 - 07:57 PM

I find it amusing that almost 3 months out we'r still talking about this.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#258 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts

Posted Aug 18 2013 - 10:31 PM

I find it amusing that almost 3 months out we'r still talking about this.

Same here, although I wouldn't be surprised. Almost 4 years since Bionicle had it's final wave of sets and people are still protesting to bring the theme back.

To be honest I stopped caring about Bionicle and its websites as soon as it was discontinued.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#259 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,952 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2013 - 10:37 PM

I read the title and my heart skipped a beat. Then I actually read it. heh. I thought they meant BZP. heh. heheh. :P

If they shut down BZP, then I am going to be pretty darn mad. But they didn't, though it's not that much better.

Edited by Dragonstar7, Aug 18 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#260 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 514 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2013 - 09:47 PM

Now that both the Bionicle websites are gone, I'm very sad. :( I liked the websites a lot for a long time since they were released. :( But I will never forget them and my happy times in there. They gave me some of my happiest memories of my life. :( (crying in tears while being depressed. :() This makes me cry in tears while I'm depressed about this now. :( (still crying in tears while being sad. :()

Well, all the games and memories are right here, and there's even a backup of BIONICLEStory.com. :)

There's a backup of BIONICLEStory.com?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dish me the link, bro. 

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#261 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2013 - 06:01 PM

There's a backup of BIONICLEStory.com?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dish me the link, bro. 

Here

Edited by Guurahk Entertainer, Aug 23 2013 - 06:02 PM.

-G u u R a h K

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users