10236 Ewok Village Unveiled

10236_teaser.jpgCurrently in the Czech Republic the Lipno Event is going on. They're lucky enough to have the honors of revealing a brand new LEGO set, which we also have some info and images to share. 10236 Ewok Village is the latest Direct To Consumer set, and is an awesome take on the setting from the end of Return of the Jedi. There's a designer video for this set
. To see pictures of and read more about this impressive piece of model-building - read on!View the full article

That aside, not surprised at all that the Ewoks got a big set, although the building will be somewhat repetive because of the trees. And where's the walker to smash? :'(

The trees are probably what'll make this an extremely UNrepetitive set. Unlike a multi-winged starfighter with wings more or less the same, trees can, and in fact, should, all be different. Inside the various trees that make up this set, I see a slide, a hiding place for Ewoks, storage for lightsabers, and a pop-out spiderweb. And that's just in the bases of them.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wow, this looks fantastic, with some well built trees and recognizable features and awesome minifigures. (They could've replaced one of the generic rebels with a ghost fig from the scene, true, but oh well.) The price is really high, but it looks justifiable considering the set's size. (Or more justifiable than usual.) Glad it exceded my expectations!

:music:

That aside, not surprised at all that the Ewoks got a big set, although the building will be somewhat repetive because of the trees. And where's the walker to smash? :'(

The trees are probably what'll make this an extremely UNrepetitive set. Unlike a multi-winged starfighter with wings more or less the same, trees can, and in fact, should, all be different. Inside the various trees that make up this set, I see a slide, a hiding place for Ewoks, storage for lightsabers, and a pop-out spiderweb. And that's just in the bases of them.

Notice how I said "somewhat repetive" (plus the misspelled word, lol). I'm not saying that the trees won't be unique, because they most certainly are...for being trees. It really doesn't matter if the build is exactly the same, it's still boring as the building goes along because all of the same building techniques are used. The slide is really the only major exception that stands out during the building process, as your other three examples are all on the surface, and make the play with the set unrepetitive.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

It's a huge set. I'd love to get it, and I probably will sometime at BrickFair when I can get a good sale on it at the store. I don't usually buy Star Wars sets anymore though, but we'll see.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.