Kanakalackin

I was actually gonna upload this but forgot. lavahawk_animated.gif Animated GIF, which only supports 256 colors and a single 100% transparent color. So if you want to use the animation for anything, you're better off assembling it yourself in whatever program you use from the original PNG strip. I could export an APNG (Animated PNG) for you, but not very many browsers support it at the moment and I'd have to get myself an export plugin for it.

Shift the flame burst sideways a bit, to make it center on the Matoran. As it is now it appears to float off to the side.And yeah, might use such an avatar, but unfortunately the new forum software does not use GIFs. Or fortunately, some might say. Animated images can get annoying. A still frame of the Matoran itself would probably be best for an avatar. :)

EDIT: matoran.gif This will be a new Av. I can feel it.

You were right it is a new av :P also this kit looks really cool for animations and such.

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

I can too. I'll try to post some colors today!

Still bent on providing a color palette for images that don't really work with specific color palettes due to the amount of anti-aliasing and other pretty effects? These images are mostly very simply shaded, with two or three "full" shades per color. The rest of the colors come from anti-aliasing smoothing out the cut between the shapes.I hold that the only meaningful way of recoloring these images would be to using the Hue/Saturation tool. For some precise coloring, adding a layer above the sprites with a plain color and then selection Hue or Color as the blend mode should do the trick.I also notice that yeah, when used as an avatar, the above GIF does not really show anything except a flat square. Good thing they are still animated on the profile pages, where they are not scaled by the forum software and thus not susceptible to conversion from animated to single-frame image.

I can too. I'll try to post some colors today!

Still bent on providing a color palette for images that don't really work with specific color palettes due to the amount of anti-aliasing and other pretty effects? These images are mostly very simply shaded, with two or three "full" shades per color. The rest of the colors come from anti-aliasing smoothing out the cut between the shapes.I hold that the only meaningful way of recoloring these images would be to using the Hue/Saturation tool. For some precise coloring, adding a layer above the sprites with a plain color and then selection Hue or Color as the blend mode should do the trick.I also notice that yeah, when used as an avatar, the above GIF does not really show anything except a flat square. Good thing they are still animated on the profile pages, where they are not scaled by the forum software and thus not susceptible to conversion from animated to single-frame image.

Nope, not bent on it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to my passion for game-based kits I shall not let this die.

Avak (Credit to TLG and Les Tanukis for making these and credit to the Biomedia Project for making their files accessible)

Thok (Credit to TLG and Les Tanukis for making these and credit to the Biomedia Project for making their files accessible)

Nice. If we get some Toa as well now, I might feel inclined to make a mini-game or something. :)

All of the Toa's parts seem to appear separately in a SWF animation. The sprite sheet would be have to be manually created, unless, that is; if some knows how to do some cool tricks with flash....

Projectiles (Credit to TLG and Les Tanukis for making these and credit to the Biomedia Project for making their files accessible)

Edited by Damaracx 7.0

Assembly may take some time, but having just the parts would be good as well. In fact, for programming shooter games and such it's awesome, since you can then make heads and limbs etc. move separately.

Apparently I explained the problem horribly, oops... I'll give the file...then you'll see what I mean.

Here.

Edited by Damaracx 7.0

I know this could do it, but I duuno how much it costs for the program. IMO, if it costs anything, it's too much.

XD

Boxes (Credit to TLG and Les Tanukis for making these and credit to the Biomedia Project for making their files accessible)

Catapult (Credit to TLG and Les Tanukis for making these and credit to the Biomedia Project for making their files accessible)

Statue (Credit to TLG and Les Tanukis for making these and credit to the Biomedia Project for making their files accessible)

Apparently I explained the problem horribly, oops... I'll give the file...then you'll see what I mean. Here.

Aha, I see. It's actually still an SWF and not a PNG sheet. Well, I could work with that, but I don't have Flash installed at the moment.

I know this could do it, but I duuno how much it costs for the program. IMO, if it costs anything, it's too much.

Adobe Flash? Yeah, top of the line, top of the cash pile. You're looking at a few hundred bucks there if you want it legit. For just extracting a few frames from an SWF, though, there is probably a simpler tool out there somewhere. I'll try looking around.

Apparently I explained the problem horribly, oops... I'll give the file...then you'll see what I mean. Here.

Aha, I see. It's actually still an SWF and not a PNG sheet. Well, I could work with that, but I don't have Flash installed at the moment.

Adobe Flash? Yeah, top of the line, top of the cash pile. You're looking at a few hundred bucks there if you want it legit. For just extracting a few frames from an SWF, though, there is probably a simpler tool out there somewhere. I'll try looking around.

Cool, I'd like to see a new sprite sheet of a Toa.

Look! More stuff!

Columns (Credit to TLG and Les Tanukis for making these and credit to the Biomedia Project for making their files accessible)

Wagon (Credit to TLG and Les Tanukis for making these and credit to the Biomedia Project for making their files accessible)

Turret (Credit to TLG and Les Tanukis for making these and credit to the Biomedia Project for making their files accessible)

• 4 weeks later...