• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Official BBC Contest #65: For the Birds!

bbc contest 65

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Mushy the Mushroom

Mushy the Mushroom
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 99 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 10:49 PM

Entry Name: Purple MartinEntry Pic URL: pictureTopic URL: topic

trippletroublelolnottrue.png

I'M A MUSH! I'M A MUSH! I'M A MUSH! 

:spinsmile:  :spinsmile: :spinsmile:  :spinsmile: 

FEAR THE WHITE TEXT!!! BECAUSE IT'S HORRIFYING!

#82 Offline Nealybealy

Nealybealy
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 288 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 11:09 PM

Entry name: Oiseaux D'eau

Entry pic: This one.

Topic: Here.

jetpackmuch.png
Nealybealy
Paradox Build Champion - Won Second Prize in the Spooky Building Contest, part of the 2011 Nexus Force Championship
Won Third Prize in the Luprechaun LU-themed building contest!

Virtual DreadWolf in Chima Online

#83 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disk of the Forgers Found

• 9,325 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 01:24 AM

Is it alright if I include a perch for my bird as part of the entry?

~B~

Posted Image

#84 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 11:54 AM

The punishment for cheating seems really unnecessarily harsh. Wouldn't disqualification from the one contest be sufficient? They don't win, so it doesn't matter after that. Also, that section of the post seems really overemphasized in relation to everything else. It makes it appear as if you guys care more about punishing people than the actual contest. 

Edited by Toa Zaz, Jun 16 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#85 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 191 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 01:35 PM

The punishment for cheating seems really unnecessarily harsh. Wouldn't disqualification from the one contest be sufficient? They don't win, so it doesn't matter after that. Also, that section of the post seems really overemphasized in relation to everything else. It makes it appear as if you guys care more about punishing people than the actual contest. 

It seems pretty fair, honestly. Cheating is bad and if you're not a cheater you have nothing to worry about anyway.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

#86 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 10,392 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 03:09 PM

Is it alright if I include a perch for my bird as part of the entry? ~B~

No perches, please.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

#87 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,691 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 03:34 PM

Edit - Never mind, I think I understand.

Edited by Baltarc, Jun 16 2013 - 03:36 PM.

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#88 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 03:45 PM

It seems pretty fair, honestly. Cheating is bad and if you're not a cheater you have nothing to worry about anyway.

They cheated because they wanted to win the contest. They get caught, they don't win the contest. Problem solved.

#89 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,691 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 03:50 PM

I agree to a certain extent - maybe they should be disqualified for the next contest, too, and maybe have a proto drop in there too, but outright banning from all contests and the site itself seems quite harsh. Still, I'm not sure this is the best place to discuss it - opening a ticket in the tracker would have a better likelihood of producing actual results.

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#90 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 191 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 03:52 PM

Urgh, I just finished taking the pictures of my entry but Brickshelf doesn't seem to be working right now! I'm too impatient for this.:P

They cheated because they wanted to win the contest. They get caught, they don't win the contest. Problem solved.

But why does it matter what the punishment is? As long as you don't cheat, it doesn't apply to you at all. Also, a harsher punishment will more likely discourage people from cheating. If they just get disqualified from one contest, they might cheat again in the next one, hoping they won't get caught. And if they do, they can just try again next time. I do agree though that it is somewhat harsh getting banned from the entire site. 

#91 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 04:34 PM

Entry name: Buzzy The Hummingbird

Topic

Entry pic

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#92 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 191 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 05:43 PM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Entry Name: Kahu[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Entry Pic URL: Here[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Topic URL: Here[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Edit: Changed the brightness of the picture because my entry is so dark. If we're not allowed to mess with the pictures after posting them I can change it back.[/color]

Edited by Senrab, Jun 17 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#93 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,377 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jun 17 2013 - 08:21 PM

Entry Name: PenguinEntry Pic URL: Entry Pict HereTopic URL: Topic Here :music:

Edited by xccj, Jun 17 2013 - 08:31 PM.

b-bolin-02.jpg

#94 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disk of the Forgers Found

• 9,325 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 18 2013 - 05:01 PM

Entry Name: HummaeraEntry Pic: LinkEntry Topic: Link~B~

Posted Image

#95 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,691 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 19 2013 - 04:27 PM

Couple questions:

• Is there any specific reason why the technic/system ratio changed from last contest?
  • Does this count as two pieces or one?
  • Does this count as a technic or system piece?

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#96 Offline Space: Ocean of Awe

Space: Ocean of Awe
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 232 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 19 2013 - 05:32 PM

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Maybe I'll enter. A couple questions though.[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Can I use rubber bands?[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Is there a lower piece limit - could I, say, enter a MOC with only 11 pieces?[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]=)[/color][/font]

I leave this signature entirely up to your imagination, and may it deliver.

RIP Pete Seeger.

#97 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 10,392 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 19 2013 - 08:55 PM

Couple questions:

[*]Is there any specific reason why the technic/system ratio changed from last contest?[*]Does this count as two pieces or one?[*]Does this count as a technic or system piece?[/list]
Details may change from contest to contest.That would count as one piece.That would be a System piece. 

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Maybe I'll enter. A couple questions though.[/color][/font] [color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Can I use rubber bands?[/color][/font] [color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Is there a lower piece limit - could I, say, enter a MOC with only 11 pieces?[/color][/font] [color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]=)[/color][/font]

As long as they are rubber bands produced by Lego, yes.There is no piece limit in either direction.

#98 Offline The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:18 PM

This contest is having a prominent turnout so far! All of the MOCs look amazing!

#99 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,691 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 03:57 PM

I assume that a MOC consisting of 74.6% technic parts would be acceptable?

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#100 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 10,392 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 05:18 PM

I assume that a MOC consisting of 74.6% technic parts would be acceptable?

No, it wouldn't be. If you have to get down to exact percentages, please increase the Technic and/or reduce the System by a considerable amount.

#101 Offline Flamewing Studios

Flamewing Studios
  • Members
  • Toa

• 183 posts

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 08:19 PM

Urgh, I just finished taking the pictures of my entry but Brickshelf doesn't seem to be working right now! I'm too impatient for this. :P

But why does it matter what the punishment is? As long as you don't cheat, it doesn't apply to you at all. Also, a harsher punishment will more likely discourage people from cheating. If they just get disqualified from one contest, they might cheat again in the next one, hoping they won't get caught. And if they do, they can just try again next time. I do agree though that it is somewhat harsh getting banned from the entire site. 

This is kinda late but still. What if someone isn't cheating, but is suspected to? The rules say that anyone who is caught or suspected of cheating will be banned.

Anyway, I might enter, but I somewhat hope I don't get into the finals. Don't know if I would be able to mail it, much less go there myself.

Can I make a phoenix?

Edited by Arzaki, Jun 20 2013 - 08:25 PM.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

"Most quotes on the Internet are not genuine."

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to go by Arzaki.

My game

#102 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 10,392 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 09:17 PM

Urgh, I just finished taking the pictures of my entry but Brickshelf doesn't seem to be working right now! I'm too impatient for this. :P 

This is kinda late but still. What if someone isn't cheating, but is suspected to? The rules say that anyone who is caught or suspected of cheating will be banned. Anyway, I might enter, but I somewhat hope I don't get into the finals. Don't know if I would be able to mail it, much less go there myself. Can I make a phoenix?

We investigate before taking action on potential cheaters.A phoenix would be alright, yes.

#103 Offline Haotaus

Haotaus
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 320 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 09:56 PM

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=#006400;]Entry Name: Jhintro BirdEntry Pic: [/color][color=#006400;]Here[/color][color=#006400;]Topic: [/color][color=#006400;]Here[/color][/font]

Posted Image
My Brickshelf Gallery check it out!

#104 Offline Flamewing Studios

Flamewing Studios
  • Members
  • Toa

• 183 posts

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 10:11 PM

Anyone have a suggestion for the eye color of my phoenix? It's mostly red, orange, and yellow, and I don't know what eye color would go best with that.

Also, would using a non-Lego rubberband to stabilize something count as cheating?

Edited by Arzaki, Jun 20 2013 - 10:21 PM.

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to go by Arzaki.

My game

#105 Offline CUPCAKE SEAL

CUPCAKE SEAL
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,146 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:22 PM

Anyone have a suggestion for the eye color of my phoenix? It's mostly red, orange, and yellow, and I don't know what eye color would go best with that.

Blue might work well. Something that will contrast.

I won't be entering, but just wondering, is the technic-system ratio based on piece count or weight/mass?

1374699346m_THUMB.jpgmouthseal22.jpg

VOTE 4 CUPCAKE SEAL^^

Titans and Monsters entry: Gorvox

Vote here: http://www.bzpower.c...014#entry595571

#106 Offline Flamewing Studios

Flamewing Studios
  • Members
  • Toa

• 183 posts

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:47 PM

Finished the basics of my phoenix. Thanks for the advice of using blue for eyes, jazz. I have to say I impressed myself with this, but that's not saying much, seeing as most of my MOCs are just the Inika build :P

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to go by Arzaki.

My game

#107 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 11,905 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 07:50 AM

Blue might work well. Something that will contrast. I won't be entering, but just wondering, is the technic-system ratio based on piece count or weight/mass?

Piece count.

#108 Offline Valendale

Valendale
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 263 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 12:01 PM

[color=#00ffff;]Entry Name:Some Type of Undead Bird[/color]

[color=#00ffff;]Entry Pic: Here[/color]

[color=#00ffff;]Topic: Now available![/color]

Edited by Valendale, Jun 21 2013 - 12:13 PM.

iceberg.jpg

3DS FC: 2492-4241-6189

#109 Online Ziontyro Metalhead

Ziontyro Metalhead
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 12:04 PM

I might as well build one, though I don't know if I will be able to send it in. But I must try and hope.

#110 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 10,392 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 12:22 PM

Anyone have a suggestion for the eye color of my phoenix? It's mostly red, orange, and yellow, and I don't know what eye color would go best with that. Also, would using a non-Lego rubberband to stabilize something count as cheating?

You're not allowed to use non-Lego items in your entry, so you would be disqualified.

#111 Offline Flamewing Studios

Flamewing Studios
  • Members
  • Toa

• 183 posts

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 12:27 PM

Anyone have a suggestion for the eye color of my phoenix? It's mostly red, orange, and yellow, and I don't know what eye color would go best with that. Also, would using a non-Lego rubberband to stabilize something count as cheating?

You're not allowed to use non-Lego items in your entry, so you would be disqualified.

What if I know the rubberband is from Lego,  but it doesn't have the logo?

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to go by Arzaki.

My game

#112 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,691 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 12:34 PM

You can use, say, fishing line to suspend your MOC in "flight," right?

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#113 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 10,392 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 12:36 PM

What if I know the rubberband is from Lego,  but it doesn't have the logo?

If it's a rubber band from a Lego set, that would be okay. 

You can use, say, fishing line to suspend your MOC in "flight," right?

No, you can't.

#114 Offline Flamewing Studios

Flamewing Studios
  • Members
  • Toa

• 183 posts

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 02:10 PM

Is it okay if some pieces have a thin coating of pencil lead? It really just makes the pieces look a bit grayer.

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to go by Arzaki.

My game

#115 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 10,392 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 02:35 PM

Is it okay if some pieces have a thin coating of pencil lead? It really just makes the pieces look a bit grayer.

No. Please remove it before entering.

#116 Online Ziontyro Metalhead

Ziontyro Metalhead
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 04:44 PM

Who would I send the moc to?

#117 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 11,905 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 10:02 PM

Who would I send the moc to?

It would be either myself or ChocolateFrogs.

#118 Offline jimmy_tofu

jimmy_tofu
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 5 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 10:30 PM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Entry Name: [/color]Blue Jay Chick[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Entry Pic URL: Link and also the rest of the folder link[/color]

Topic URL: http://www.bzpower.c...showtopic=10185

Edited by jimmy_tofu, Jun 21 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#119 Offline Flamewing Studios

Flamewing Studios
  • Members
  • Toa

• 183 posts

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 12:22 AM

Flamewing:

Entry pic

Entry topic

Edited by Arzaki, Jun 22 2013 - 12:24 AM.

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to go by Arzaki.

My game

#120 Offline ankyfdarkness

ankyfdarkness
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 939 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 02:09 AM

Dr. Razorbeak:Entry PictureEntry TopicEdit: Just realized that this is late. :/ My bad, I thought the contest entry period went to the end of the weekend. Is it okay if this is still entered an hour after the closing time?

Edited by ankyfdarkness, Jun 22 2013 - 02:12 AM.

silverbladebanner.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users