Bionicle Part you want to seen again

What parts from Bionicle do you want to see again in Hero Factor and do you want to see it in a different color.

My is the Great Kanohi Huna but i like to see it in blue and/or green and the Gali Mistika upper arm armor.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Everything with Bionicle Sockets should stay out of HF, for Good....

Now, bionicle had an awesome collection of part, and some of them could be very helpful if they ended up in HF...

The Inika Feet: Villains look odd with the HF boots.

Lewa Nuva and Kopaka Nuva/Mata blades: I still think we haven't seen enough of those.

Almost any Bionicle weapon: They were awesome and deserve to come back.

I'm back!

Ah, but BIONICLE parts can be redesigned to use the new sockets if TLG sees a lot of potential use in them. We already saw that with Toxic Reapa's feet, which were redesigned in later production runs of the set, although they sadly haven't appeared in sets since. I'd like to see a redesign of the Toa Mata foot myself. It's got great proportions, was used for several HF characters in 2010, and above all isn't dominated by the "framework" aesthetic that defines the look of so many BIONICLE parts. It'd be nice to see the Stars foot again for similar reasons, though that of course already saw a decent amount of use in 2010 and 2011.BIONICLE weapon pieces are less different from Hero Factory weapon pieces aesthetically than armor pieces from the two themes, but I can't think of any I especially miss when it comes to Hero Factory building.

I agree with Dual Matrix, HF wanted to create their own unique and more flexible building system so they should stay with it, If I wanted another BIONICLE part it would be a kanohi on another color, kinda like Von Nebula who had Hydraxon´s helmet, that sort of thing

Good ol' Toa Mata torso is what I want to see again. In my opinion, that was the best bionicle piece ever made. It would be cool to see it turn up in heo factory sometime.

Otherwise, I agree with lordofbionicles about the mask/helmet thing.

2xu8Ptu.png

Good ol' Toa Mata torso is what I want to see again. In my opinion, that was the best bionicle piece ever made. It would be cool to see it turn up in heo factory sometime. Otherwise, I agree with lordofbionicles about the mask/helmet thing.

Really? Personally I like the Toa Mata torso from an aesthetic standpoint, and in terms of playability, but as far as building is concerned I think it's a terribly weak design. Its bulkiness makes it almost impossible to use it effectively for anything but a mega-model or a Toamod. Plus, what would you even use it for in Hero Factory? Hero Factory's torso beams are effective for building torsos at that size, and have many more attachment points on the front and back, which is where a torso needs connection points the most.Using masks and helmets from BIONICLE in Hero Factory would be tricky, as many don't match the Hero Factory aesthetic and generally if used as faces they would stand out as BIONICLE masks (unlike Hydraxon's mask which was fairly generic in its aesthetic). Some of the 2009 helmets might work I suppose, though slightly less so with the new head mold from the 2013 sets. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I think this ball socket piece should be remolded an brought into the Hero Factory building system. It was useful in Bionicle. It will be even more useful in Hero Factory

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x1192px1

I do agree with you, they are some good and helpful piece and it be good to see them again.

I think this ball socket piece should be remolded an brought into the Hero Factory building system. It was useful in Bionicle. It will be even more useful in Hero Factoryhttp://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x1192px1

I do agree with you, they are some good and helpful piece and it be good to see them again.

Well, I think part of the reason that piece isn't used anymore is that other than as a friction joint, it doesn't perform much of a set design function that a Y-joint does not. Think about it: every set that used those friction joints needed a Technic beam holding the front or back of the leg together anyway, and in that case, two Y-joints with Technic beams holding them together could work about as effectively. Icarax and the 2008 Takanuva set demonstrated this fairly effectively. The main function as a friction joint was also no longer needed as badly once the 2006 sets introduced enhanced knee suspension and the 2008 titan sets introduced enhanced hip suspension.Furthermore, as far as MOCs are concerned, the new head piece offers almost identical connection points plus two additional connection points. It is a bit bulkier and doesn't currently appear in any non-transparent colors, but I'm somewhat disappointed that we haven't seen many MOCists take advantage of it in this way.

I think this ball socket piece should be remolded an brought into the Hero Factory building system. It was useful in Bionicle. It will be even more useful in Hero Factoryhttp://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x1192px1

Well, I think part of the reason that piece isn't used anymore is that other than as a friction joint, it doesn't perform much of a set design function that a Y-joint does not. Think about it: every set that used those friction joints needed a Technic beam holding the front or back of the leg together anyway, and in that case, two Y-joints with Technic beams holding them together could work about as effectively. Icarax and the 2008 Takanuva set demonstrated this fairly effectively. The main function as a friction joint was also no longer needed as badly once the 2006 sets introduced enhanced knee suspension and the 2008 titan sets introduced enhanced hip suspension.Furthermore, as far as MOCs are concerned, the new head piece offers almost identical connection points plus two additional connection points. It is a bit bulkier and doesn't currently appear in any non-transparent colors, but I'm somewhat disappointed that we haven't seen many MOCists take advantage of it in this way.

I didn't want it back as a friction joint. But rather molded like the new Y Ball socket but with the unique axle connection. Plus it would be less noticeable in skeleton builds unlike using the new head piece.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't want it back as a friction joint. But rather molded like the new Y Ball socket but with the unique axle connection. Plus it would be less noticeable in skeleton builds unlike using the new head piece.

Indeed, the HF.BA head is good and have another axle hole but it is just a eyesore and having a new molded Y Ball socket is indeed a good idea. Plus if Lego make a HF.BA head in a non-translucent color then it will help i little better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this ball socket piece should be remolded an brought into the Hero Factory building system. It was useful in Bionicle. It will be even more useful in Hero Factory

Since the break out and 1.0 heroes use the glatorian heads with the easily-breakable sockets, I use this peace to replace broken heads.

I, for one, would like to see gears again.

Since the break out and 1.0 heroes use the glatorian heads with the easily-breakable sockets, I use this peace to replace broken heads.I, for one, would like to see gears again.

Well, Jet Rocka and Drop Ship both use gears, though they use the four-knob variety used in the Ussanui, Rockoh T3, and Axalara T9 rather than the 12-tooth, 20-tooth, and 36-tooth varieties used in the majority of BIONICLE sets with gear functions.The issue with gears is that typically the rest of the set has to be built around them in one way or another. Excluding a handful of titan and vehicle sets, most BIONICLE sets with gear functions had to have a specialized torso (or in the case of the Toa Hordika, a specialized arm) designed to function as a gearbox for that particular gear function. I think it'd be difficult to design a sturdy, versatile torso skeleton that would also function as a gearbox. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I second this.

And I third it. It's just a piece of too much awesomeness, and usefulness.

-G u u R a h K

Toa Mata torsos.

In Hero Factory? :blink: How exactly would that work? Especially considering that Toa Mata torsos were more or less obsolete before BIONICLE was even close to ending...

Ya i have to agree with you, plus i took a look at the Mata torsos and i don't seen anything that will work.

I second this.

And I third it. It's just a piece of too much awesomeness, and usefulness.

And you know i fourth that, i just love them to death

I just want the Mata hand pieces back.

You mean the old, breakable ones? Because there's no shortage of the newer ones in Hero Factory (unless you wanted them in more colors).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You mean the old, breakable ones? Because there's no shortage of the newer ones in Hero Factory (unless you wanted them in more colors).

i don't think he is talking about that part because the one you are thinking became hands in the Nuva, the part he really talking about is this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32172

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

i don't think he is talking about that part because the one you are thinking became hands in the Nuva, the part he really talking about is this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32172

I would love to see that piece return as well.

Bliss.png

I would love to see that piece return as well.

Well that going to be hard because it will not work on the HF parts (plus it can't work on the bionicle arm and leg that is not the mata arm ,leg and the bohrok arm and legs) the only way to make that work is to upgrade the part to HF form like what they did with the Glatorian hand.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Yep, not the pieces HF has an excellent version of, the parts ShadowWolfHunt pointed out.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I'd like to see the Inika feet that came with Nuparu, Hahli, and Kongu.

I'm not fond of that foot myself, but perhaps that's because I prefer feet on my models to be more naturalistic when possible. I find that foot's shape rather awkward, its textures rather BIONICLE-specific, and its size unwieldy. The heel of that foot is way too long, which is a problem I have with a lot of BIONICLE feet, and I'm quite glad Hero Factory has mostly moved back to having feet with more realistic heels, like the Toa Mata feet originally had.Of course, to a certain extent, a larger model needs larger feet. I'm none too fond of Stormer XL's feet either (extremely specialized, nowhere near naturalistic, and with a monstrously-long heel), but to a certain extent they're a necessity for balance unless you're able to opt for a more complex custom foot design.In any event, I don't think that piece would suit Hero Factory very well. The textures are just too complex. I've always been a stickler for stylistic consistency and as such it's very important to me that the parts of a model have visually-compatible textures.

• 2 weeks later...

toa nuva chest/shoulder armour and toa mata feet. mainly just for new recolours tbh

im aware the nuva armour wouldnt fit well with the aesthetics of hero factory but they could have them appear in other lines i guess

bionicle is trans culture

toa nuva chest/shoulder armour and toa mata feet. mainly just for new recolours tbh

im aware the nuva armour wouldnt fit well with the aesthetics of hero factory but they could have them appear in other lines i guess

I do agree with the Nuva chest armor and the Mata feet But not with the Nuva Shoulder, there are a lot of different color of it but nothing to use it with in set plus for MOCs it is mostly use as Chest Armor (and some people know how much i hate that).