RPG Forum Contest 28

Black Six

Vote for Sunken Cities! Where we have an intricate (though it may not seem so) plot, a giant sea Monster, and a place where the kaukau is useful!

Bah! If you folks want a pirate RPG, go for Legend of the Thirteenth Island! Because it has more pirates, more drink, more pirates, more flags, and more fun!

Memories are overrated. Who wants to vote for an RPG where you don't need to write a bio for your character? Vote Tides and receive a tax refund!

Agreed on the all accounts, save the last. See, if you vote for Voyage of the Requiem IV, I can personally guarantee you a change to meet Nathan Fillion.

Now do what I'm say. I'm a Flumph, so I must be Lawful Good.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I'm dissapointed in the lack of TiaM votes the past little while. Obviously everyone must have been accidentally clicking on the wrong entry. :P

Everyone should vote for Trapped in a Map! We have ... a Map!

Don't let us fall into fourth place like in so many previous contests.

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

My only regret is that Legend of the Thirteen Island didn't make it... shame. I really wanted to go off and perform an actual, good old fashioned treasure hunt. With pirates and Rahkshi and angry peasantry (oh my!)

Still, let's see if anything strange happens in the next fifteen minutes...

*Checks watch*

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Aaand that's it. We have our winners.

...Or do we?

DUN DUN DUN!

Rather than be generic and post winners, let's see how the supplemental questions did.

It would appear the consensus was three RPGs running for four months each, continuing with a contest system. If an RPG goes inactive, the runner up will take its place.

Now go look up the results yourselves, lazy people. Or don't. See what I care.

(A lot)

Are the poll results the only thing that matters here though? I don't think Black Six ever said that they were. There will be other factors to consider, I think, such as all the ideas and reasons given in the poll topics, Black Six's own opinions and possibly giving something else a trial to see if that works, and if not, reverting to the system described above.

ppg2.png

Are the poll results the only thing that matters here though? I don't think Black Six ever said that they were. There will be other factors to consider, I think, such as all the ideas and reasons given in the poll topics, Black Six's own opinions and possibly giving something else a trial to see if that works, and if not, reverting to the system described above.

What's the point of making a poll if you discard it? The exact implementation of the contest/judge system, for example, may vary wildly. Not really a point in deviating too far from the rest.

Just watch, you'll see. You'll all see. Unless you're blind, then... well, you won't really be doing so much of the seeing.

Still, at least we have those more definitive actual RPG results that nobody had better start talking about. No reason to make this easy for people. Make them click.... make them all click!

Because what most people vote for isn't always the best thing to do? The majority can be wrong.

That said, you're probably right and we'll end up with the poll-winning system, but I was just pointing out that we have no official word on whether the poll is the be all and end all. I could just be a gage of opinion.

ppg2.png

He's always posted the winners before, but he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to do so this time. I'm guessing he will eventually.

Maybe he's not posting the official results yet because this contest we only had one round of voting, so we got the results a few days early. For the games to start on time (the beginning of next month), he might not post the official results for a few days?

Hopefully not, but that's one explanation.

ppg2.png

Voyage of the Reqiuem IV won! that was the RPG I most wanted to play. congrats to the other winners too. they all seem very interesting to play, and I look forward to seeing them in action. for anyone that didn't check the topic, the winners are as follows.

1st place- Entry Ten/ Sunken Cities by the Fourteenth Doctor

2nd place- Entry Five/ Trapped in a Map by Toa Kovolta

3rd place- Entry Two/ The Voyage of the Requiem IV by Toa Levacius Zehvor.

Previously known as Aiwendil.