• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Bionicle 2001 Movie

Bionicle 2001 Fan Film Quest for the Masks Coming of the Toa

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline freestyle9012

freestyle9012
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 61 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2013 - 01:11 PM

So I've recently started a new project involving Bionicle, as a sort of way to express my fandom. When I first into Bionicle about 10 years ago, I remember always wishing they had made films for each year, instead of only 2003-2005 and 2009. So, I have recently started my own non-official Bionicle 2001 film.  I'm making it using animations and gameplay from the Mata Nui Online Game, cutscenes from the cancelled Bionicle game Legends of Mata Nui, 2001 commercials, the ending of the Game Boy Advance game Quest for the Toa, and some fan animations. I realize not all of this 100% canon - however, not all of the elements of the original 4 films were canon either. The point of the film is to tell the most complete version of the story of the 2001 story year as best it can - if that requires using some non-canon elements, so be it. But generally speaking, you should be able to watch it, and move on to the 2002 story year without missing a beat. There may be a project like this that exists already - even so, I was kind of hoping to take my own stab at the concept.

I have run into a few problems, however, and I was wondering if you guys would be able to help out.

1. Does anyone know in which order each Toa awakened on the island of Mata Nui?

2. How much gameplay from the Mata Nui Online Game should I include? On the hand, including gameplay kind of disrupts the flow of the movie, and makes the whole thing almost seem like a game walkthrough. On the other, I DO want to tell the most complete 2001 story I can, and some of the animations from the game feel awkward and out of context without the gameplay. So I guess my 3 options would be: (A). No gameplay, (B). Only some gameplay, so no animation will feel out of context, and ©. Include as much gameplay as possible.

Thanks! Your help is greatly appreciated. If I'm able to finish this one and it is well received, I may make more fro more story years. If not, then that's OK too.

#2 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 644 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2013 - 01:19 PM

1: they were awakened at the same time

2: really all your choice. I would prefer B, though.

How to you figure?

-Kyfoid, 2013, Dotafire.

#3 Offline freestyle9012

freestyle9012
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 61 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2013 - 10:06 PM

Alright, sounds good. There will definitely be a few minor discrepancies in terms of continuity, but nothing major. At this stage, it looks like there may be a fair amount of gameplay from the Mata Nui Online Game - I'll see if I can cut it down at all. If all goes well, it'll be done within the next two weeks. I hope you guys like it!  :D

#4 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,999 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 04:34 AM

I vote for B too. I don't think MNOG should be a core component of telling the story.

9092_s.gif

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

#5 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,220 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 08:47 AM

From the Music & Movies Rules:

Do not post preview topics. Refrain from posting until you actually have a song or video to share.

Thread closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users