So I've recently started a new project involving Bionicle, as a sort of way to express my fandom. When I first into Bionicle about 10 years ago, I remember always wishing they had made films for each year, instead of only 2003-2005 and 2009. So, I have recently started my own non-official Bionicle 2001 film. I'm making it using animations and gameplay from the Mata Nui Online Game, cutscenes from the cancelled Bionicle game Legends of Mata Nui, 2001 commercials, the ending of the Game Boy Advance game Quest for the Toa, and some fan animations. I realize not all of this 100% canon - however, not all of the elements of the original 4 films were canon either. The point of the film is to tell the most complete version of the story of the 2001 story year as best it can - if that requires using some non-canon elements, so be it. But generally speaking, you should be able to watch it, and move on to the 2002 story year without missing a beat. There may be a project like this that exists already - even so, I was kind of hoping to take my own stab at the concept.

I have run into a few problems, however, and I was wondering if you guys would be able to help out.

1. Does anyone know in which order each Toa awakened on the island of Mata Nui?

2. How much gameplay from the Mata Nui Online Game should I include? On the hand, including gameplay kind of disrupts the flow of the movie, and makes the whole thing almost seem like a game walkthrough. On the other, I DO want to tell the most complete 2001 story I can, and some of the animations from the game feel awkward and out of context without the gameplay. So I guess my 3 options would be: (A). No gameplay, (B). Only some gameplay, so no animation will feel out of context, and ©. Include as much gameplay as possible.

Thanks! Your help is greatly appreciated. If I'm able to finish this one and it is well received, I may make more fro more story years. If not, then that's OK too.

Alright, sounds good. There will definitely be a few minor discrepancies in terms of continuity, but nothing major. At this stage, it looks like there may be a fair amount of gameplay from the Mata Nui Online Game - I'll see if I can cut it down at all. If all goes well, it'll be done within the next two weeks. I hope you guys like it! :D