Movie Toa Lhikan Mask

So after 30 minutes of modeling and 10 to 15 minutes of painting, I present you Toa Lhikan's Hau in movie form!

(I made this totally by memory so errors are to be found. XD)

- Side view - Pose view - Frontal view - Better lighting frontal view - Below chin view - Close up frontal view -

Comment & Criticism are accepted and encouraged.

-G u u R a h K

That's a cool idea! =D I once tried to make a few custom masks too, but somehow that never worked out as well as I'd hoped... anyways, onto the "review":

Something you really really ougt to keep an eye on is symmetry. I know it can be quite annoying, particularly when working on a small scale, but it usually pays off. In the front view pics you posted it's quite visible that a few parts are not as symmetric. (The eyes, which you apparently aren't that happy with, look perfectly fine IMO, though =) )

The surface could be a bit smoother. Now, I don't know what you used for modelling, but if it was some sort of air-drying clay-thingie, you could try smoothing things out with a bit of water (you know, just carefully stroking over the surface with some water on your fingers). It then takes a bit longer to dry, yes, but it creates a slightly more even look.

It's terms of style very close to a movie-style mask, and that's awesome. :) I also like the way you painted the mask, the gold tone is very fitting, and the purple (?) details work well.

Overall it's an interesting project, and I'd also be very curious to see the second version.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

That's a cool idea! =D I once tried to make a few custom masks too, but somehow that never worked out as well as I'd hoped... anyways, onto the "review":

Something you really really ougt to keep an eye on is symmetry. I know it can be quite annoying, particularly when working on a small scale, but it usually pays off. In the front view pics you posted it's quite visible that a few parts are not as symmetric. (The eyes, which you apparently aren't that happy with, look perfectly fine IMO, though =) )

The surface could be a bit smoother. Now, I don't know what you used for modelling, but if it was some sort of air-drying clay-thingie, you could try smoothing things out with a bit of water (you know, just carefully stroking over the surface with some water on your fingers). It then takes a bit longer to dry, yes, but it creates a slightly more even look.

It's terms of style very close to a movie-style mask, and that's awesome. :) I also like the way you painted the mask, the gold tone is very fitting, and the purple (?) details work well.

Overall it's an interesting project, and I'd also be very curious to see the second version.

Thanks! This morning I was trying to make a Vakama mask, but it turned like another Lhikan mask. XD

The surface is a bit rough because I used glue and toilet paper to harden it. Still, thanks, I will keep this in mind.

About the gold tone, I did it with gold marker, and it looks pretty shiny. And the purple was supposed to be black, but still, thanks. :P

-G u u R a h K

Well, it looks somewhat like the Hau in the movie, but it just seems pretty deformed. Nice that it can used or at least looks like it could be used on a Metru head. :P

Yes, it does fit. I put up a video on Music and Movies forum of how I made it, so you can check it out if you want. :D

Now if only we can wear a Movie styled mask.

That'd be hard but awesome. :D

-G u u R a h K

Ironically, It looks a bit like the predator mask to me! :P Although, for ceramic, its rather good!

As a matter or fact, I was aiming to that. XD

This is awesome Guurahk! It is flawed, of course, but that's because its from memory. Have a picture close by next time! ;)

Will do. :P

By the way people, don't worget to check out the making of in Music &Movie forum. ;)

-G u u R a h K