RPG: Young Justice - Aftermath

Bundalings

IC: Marshall winced, backing up even more. "Okay. Ready?" he prepared to walo through the area where the door had been, even as guards began coughing.

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:"Don't bother trying to defend them, because there's no excuse significant enough to justify it." Samuel responded quietly, sighing. "Money is the farthest from a proper excuse that they could have, too."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Brother Norin [Over Beijing]

"Unfortunately, it is. Just ended, in fact. Also, I regret to tell you this, but the mission was for Leaguers only. The Team and League are separate, each handling different mission types."

IC: Red Prince [Cadmus]

The Red Martian shape shifted to fit into the hole, and then started to float towards where the Unjust Leaguers were.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:"Well, enough of lingering in the past, on things we can't change." Samuel said, after a moment of quiet. "Can't fix your parents, and we can't fix what happened since then. All we can do is move on, and try to grow from it.""Well, it's the middle of the night. Normally I'd be exercising, but I also think I might be a bit too tired to do that right now. It's also daytime somewhere on the planet. Anything you want to go do? See a movie, wander around? We don't even have to leave the Watchtower, though it is an option." There was a brief pause, accompanied by a cross between a grin and a smirk. "Though if we were to do so, I might want to change into clothes that aren't torn, ripped, and dirty."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:"Well, I wouldn't want to intrude so late at night." Samuel said, shrugging slightly. "Most people aren't as nocturnal as I am by half. Seeing as I stay up almost all night, and sleep most of the day.""But if you're inviting, sure."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Samuel paused just long enough to switch off the simulation and grab his iPod, before following Erika down the hall. He let her take the lead since he didn't know where her room was, smiling slightly at her most recent comment.

"I think it's a rule that people our age can't maintain clean spaces. Mess doesn't bother me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Samuel glanced about the room, trying to both take a look, and not pry into her personal space. Her privacy was her own, after all. He could see a few history books scattered around, most likely indicating an interest in history, and several movies in a similar state. Most of them seemed to be Eastwood movies, in keeping with what she had said about getting them second hand, though he could see a few others mixed in. It wasn't nearly so messy as her comment had indicated that it might be, and he smiled slightly at the contrast between what she said it might be like and reality.

While she put in the movie, he glanced around, trying to figure out where was the best place for him to sit. A chair, the small couch, the edge of the bed... It didn't exactly help that he didn't know where Erike preferred to sit.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:His brief moment of indecision decided by her own choice of seat, Samuel sat down on the couch, occupying the seat next to Erika. He glanced over at Erika, and raised an eyebrow in good-natured amusement.

"Did you know that you have a habit of biting your lip? I haven't yet determined what the trigger is, but you've done it a few times."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Smiling, Samuel wrapped an arm around her waist, letting her rest her head on his shoulder. It was quite clear that she was actually very tired, but he'd save needling her for it for the next day. She could sleep if she wanted to.

Not to mention, he was pretty tired himself.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:For his part, Samuel stayed awake for most of the movie. When Erika fell asleep, he pulled the blacked folded on top of the couch down, and pulled it over her. He stayed quite still throughout the rest of his waking time to make sure that he didn't wake her. She'd had a long day, and that mission had taken a lot out of her. She could use all the sleep she could get.

But just as the movie rolled around to the prison, he began to feel sleepy. And by the time the Good and the Ugly got out, he was asleep, leaning towards Erika, the two propping each other up while they slept.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Erika made a small sound when Sam put the blanket around her, nestling closer against him.OOC: Iniskiate timeskip.IC: (The Next Morning)"Mmm."Erika woke up when a ray of artificial light hit her, set to the timezone she was normally in. She yawned, then looked up at Sam.Fifteen years since she'd woken up with anyone around. Fifteen years- the amount of time it takes the average human to think that they can think for themselves and that they know infinitely more than their parents.She smiled slightly and relaxed again, her form resting against Sam's.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:Samuel's return to consciousness was less obvious, less pronounced. His breathing quickened, heart rate rising once again to the level of a conscious human being. He stayed that way for several minutes, lingering on the edge of consciousness, before his eyes opened slowly. He lazily blinked once, glancing down at Erika, who was still resting on his shoulder.

"Morning." He said tiredly, yawning slightly. "Sleep well?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Just about." Came the reply, as he stretched his limbs slightly, trying to wake them from their own slumber. "Couches, chairs, beds, floors, benches. Slept on them all and more quite easily."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Erika blew a strand of hair from her face and stretched out her legs, feet sticking out from under the blanket.

She looked at her arms.

Sure enough, red lines had risen where the gauntlets had plugged in.

A soft sigh and she dropped her arms to her lap. "I really feel like taking today off."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:"Now you're speaking my language. I take every day off, and it works great." Samuel grinned, though the expression faltered for a moment when he caught a glimpse of her forearms. "When you're lazy, no one expects anything of you. So you get to decide your own work schedule."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "I haven't taken a day off since... Christmas."

She sighed again, smiling tiredly. "I think Canary will probably let me skip, especially after yesterday."

Erika caught the falter. "Don't worry. The wiring just heats up when it's under that much stress. It hurts, but... but I should be fine."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:"Somehow, that reply isn't exactly comforting." Samuel replied, but he didn't press the subject any further. "I take more days off than most. I think it annoys Canary. If I recall correctly, she was one of the people who questioned the decision to move me from the Team to the League.""To this day I haven't figured out why she was in the minority. I blame Bats' security cameras."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Erika giggled.

"I've found that all you have to do to dodge those is make a bright enough light- the camera will adjust and then not be able to see in lowlight conditions.""Or you could start a bug collection. I have about ten microphones listening to Back in Black over and over."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:"I could try those two things to evade them, but honestly, it sounds like I'd have to put effort into it." Samuel replied, smirking slightly. "Besides. I don't mind that much. They catch me actually working every once and a while, but that's about it.""My biggest fear is that the revelation would send Bats' aging heart into cardiac arrest."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Nah. I once asked him if he out bugs in individual people's rooms. His response was, after a long stare, to say that he only did that if he thought that they had something to hide.""Which probably means that mine is bugged to heck and back, but yours should be fine."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Samuel was quiet for a moment, before he smiled widely, and hugged her tightly. "I try not to break hearts. I'd rather shield them. And you deserve to have someone listen to you. I've only learned the vague outline of what happened to you, and I can already tell that you've gone through more than most people ever will. It's not right to have to keep that inside, without anyone every really listening."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Tragic? I must be in the minority, then. Worst thing that's ever happened to me was being told that professional sleeper wasn't a viable occupation. Absolutely shattered me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Not much to tell." He shrugged ever so slightly, reclining his head to rest against the back of the couch. "Had a pretty normal childhood. Decent parents, probably upper middle class with regards to income. We weren't rich, by any stretch, but far from poor. I grew up in the city, attending public school. Grades were average, few events of misbehavior outside of the normal. A small schoolyard brawl here, a count of insulting someone there. Kid stuff, really.""When I was about fourteen, eight years ago now, I accidentally discovered my powers. Within a few weeks I'd attracted the attention of the Team, and they brought me up here to make sure the Unjust League didn't get to me first. I spent the next six years on the Team, accumulating a record for laziness and overall unremarkable behavior. When I was twenty, they moved me to the League, for an unknown reason.""Had an unremarkable twenty first birthday, and now, here I am." He paused, shaking his head with a smile. "Told you there wasn't much to say."

fK5oqYf.jpg