RPG: Young Justice - Aftermath

Bundalings

IC:

"Dude, I think you need to take a nap. Because only sleep deprivation or some substances that Supes won't allow on the Watchtower could lead to jumps in logic and conversation like that.""That didn't even make any sense. Somehow, you went from Bats being not attending parties, to Bats beating people up."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC / Heliogram / KansasHeliogram yelped in surprise. The three shadows were just projections, and the boiling liquid spilled right through them. However, the material splashed on to him in his hiding place to the right of the holograms, searing his right leg. "Cinnamon!" he shouted, replacing a crasser word. "I could have just left, you know. After I saw you. I wouldn't have stayed to chat if you weren't so darn pretty." He remained invisible, but he was hobbled by his leg injury. Between that and his mouthiness, there wasn't much chance for a clean getaway at this point. Sportsmaster's going to kill me if I'm not back for the mission tonight...IC / Jordan Alatya / Cadmus, Washington DCJordan forced a smile at the youth. "Hi... buddy," she said weakly. She was sure she had been introduced to him at some point but she couldn't for the life of her remember what his name was. Lion? Is it Lion? Seems like something some hipster Westerner would name their child.IC / Lady White / Los AngelesLady White smiled darkly. "I will have them on their knees. Call me when this force is ready to depart." With that, she faded away. She would be listening in, waiting for her time, but it took concentration to remain in the material plane. She wanted to save her strength.IC / Ironwood / The WatchtowerIronwood was walking through the halls of the Watchtower toward the gym when he passed a gaggle of chatters. He didn't know all of them, but he recognized the Prince and Samuel from some missions he'd had with them. Well, missions he'd had with the Prince. He just recognized Samuel because he was a sort of local legend.He would have ignored them and continued on his way, but the nature of their conversation was so odd he couldn't help but listen in. It started with playful word sparring, then devolved into Batman related jokes. "I feel like I'm missing something here," he finally piped. "Isn't Batman retired? Should we not also retire Batman jokes?" Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC: Red Prince [Watchtower]

While J'Azzon was a thirty three year old by human standards, the Martian race aged three times slower than the human race, making the prince of Mars an eleven year old by his own planet's standards, making him very naive and innocent. He reached out his telepathic link to include the two newcomers, Sam and Ironwood.

'Batman is retired, isn't he? He's somewhat old. Why would he go to parties? And how did we go from talking about training to Batman?'

IC: Magnon [Los Angeles]

The caveman smiled, and leaned back in his chair. He began to wait for more members of the Committee to arrive. "So, I would like to test out my powered armor suit and accompany Lady White in defeating the Red Lantern. Perhaps, while she is seeing what emotions power the Lantern, I can distract our opponent."

Then, a small light on the table began to blink. The Cro-Magnon reached over and touched the table near the light. A holographic display popped up. A live video feed of the Red Lantern. The Lantern appeared to be female, was definitely not human, and appeared to be fighting something that wasn't being picked up.

IC: Umbra [New York City]

The shadow manipulator pulled himself out of the shadows that were in the alley way. Shadow travel was always... interesting. Using a father box was safer, after all, he had to know where the shadows were to use his method. But something about a really caring computer that could talk scared him.

Two people were standing away from the others in crowd. Were these the people that he had been sent to capture? He wasn't sure. He took out his phone and snapped a picture of the two and sent it to the Light, asking if they were who he needed to capture.

Soon, a message came back. Yes.

The shadows around Umbra filled into two orbs in his hands, and then he threw them towards the pair.

OOC:

Kaithas and Krayzikk, that's you too. Seeing as how Umbra and Shadowkeeper have effectively the same exact powers, I thought they needed to fight.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

"I'll believe that the Bat retired the day he checks into a nursing home. Until then, not buying it. He's probably working on a special pacemaker that stuns opponents. Or a walker that lets him move as fast as the Flash."

Samuel paused momentarily, glancing at the Prince after his message. "They're called jokes, Prince. Amusing statements made to cause one to laugh. Not meant to be taken seriously."

IC:

The two orbs stopped dead, slamming into a metal barrier.

When one spends their time watching an environment, observing its people, one becomes attuned with the workings of the world. And one can determine when something is very, very wrong. Erza regarded Umbra's direction with narrowed eyes, as the barrier shifted to allow a better view of the twins' assailant.

"Brother, I do believe someone has attacked us."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: "Shadows. Interesting. Erza, I think you're right." Rone grabbed Umbra's orbs before they could disappear and threw them back at their creator.IC: "I don't think he'll have retired even then, though I think he might be limited to wheelchair thefts and the like."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"..."Samuel looked at Ricardo for a moment, as if examining some strange, unknown specimen. After a pause, he looked back to Eria. "Do you have some kind of translator for this guy? He's speaking English. But it's a strange, strange English. He makes these bizarre conversation jumps."

IC:

"You know what the great thing about these human cities is, Rone?"Stretching slightly, Erza reached out with her power, sensing the metal inherent in the ground around her. As a major city, New York was full of it. Vents, waterways, sewers were all metal, just below the surface. Shop fronts, sign posts, all metal.

"So much metal to work with." No sooner did the words leave her mouth, the concrete was shattered as tendrils of metal shot up, seeking to wrap around Umbra's limbs, and keep him in place.

fK5oqYf.jpg

The human shadow manipulator fell into the shadows that he was standing on. To the eyes of his opponents, he had fallen through solid concrete. And he had. All shadows were connected, and Umbra could use them as gates to other ones.

The manipulator emerged on the roof of a nearby overlooking the scene of the battle. Umbra stood up, and then started to change the shadows below him. From the alleyway he had been standing in, a giant being made out of shadow rose up.

But one of the two had the powers of shadow. That would make this fight a little difficult.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

"Shadow user. He likes to use the same tricks you do, Jone." Erza observed, eyes narrowing further. "He's not far. If his powers are anything like yours, he has to be able to see his construct to use it to effectively fight against us. Otherwise, he can't see our movements. He is not visible within the crowd, which means he's not on street level."

"You take him, I'll take the giant?"

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Rone nodded and disappeared, following a created shadow trail to the top of a building nearby and emerging. A quick look around told him where Umbra was, and the shadows around his foe creeped up, going for the eyes. If they reached them, no light would get through. Practical upshot? Blindness until the control was broken. Which was unlikely, considering the relatively close distance between the twins.IC: Eria shrugged and whispered in Sam's ear.Samuel smiled.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Samuel chuckled, a quiet sound, as he nodded his head in agreement. "You know, that is a very, very valid point. Getting the translator isn't worth it. And who knows, maybe he'd sound even stranger in plain English. He does go on and on about throwing off torturers and combatants. Not sure I want to know what that would mean in the common tongue."

IC:

"What is it the humans usually say here?"

Erza darted forward, sprinting across the square, dodging around running civilians, quickly closing the distance between herself and the titan of shadow. As she ran, metal pulled itself from the ground, flowing fluidly up towards her right arm, encircling it, and molding itself to fit as an effective piece of armor. The rest flowed upwards, into a large zweihander, which she hefted almost effortlessly with one hand. Normally, she would require two hands to even begin to use it effectively, but with her brother nearby, her physical attributes were more than enough for the task.

The tendrils, previously meant to ensnare Umbra, pulled back, their tips lengthening into spearheads, stabbing towards the being of shadow. "Ah yes. The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Umbra changed the shadows that were being sent to blind him into a light suit of armor- after all, he was a shadow manipulator. Umbra looked around and looked at his attacker. Under his helmet, he smiled. Then, he ran towards the edge and leaped off of it.

He began to fall down, and crashed into his shadow construct. The shadow beast eased his fall, and then he started to warp through the shadows of space.

He reemerged on another roof top near the fight. Not the same one as before, though.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Abd Al-Azrad)

“I might summon up some assistance, if it proves necessary of course. I have utmost faith in your abilities my friends.” He was somewhat concerned about two council members being sent into combat at the same time, after all, without them the Committee would lose two valuable assets….but then again, what use would it be if they didn’t do anything for fear of endangering themselves? “I will stay here and ah, hold down the fort.” His cell-phone rang suddenly, and the Arabian man reached in his pocket. “Ah. A response team is ready on location. They await your arrival. Good luck my friends.”

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Alesiu howled in frustration. Where had they gone? Were the people of this planet really so fragile? They were no challenge at all! But...she could still...hear him? Bah, too much thinking to work out!

She took the the sky, scouting around for something else to hurt, something else to smash. The ring detected changes in the atmosphere indicative of high urban development off in that direction, so that direction she would go. Leaving a red aftertrail in her path she started heading off for some choicer prey

IC: Blissfully unaware of Jordan's discomfort, Liam continued, "How's life been? Hope you've been getting more than me, I feel real cooped up sometime."

IC: The devious mastermind soon to make his mark upon the world as Professor Thirty-One looked at his handy work with some pride. Only some pride, mind. Didn't want to go overboard. Over-confidence was the foundation of defeat. But this whole affair was definitely worthy of some pride.

He stood in front of a machine on a rooftop in Beijing that had several purposes and as a result was quite complicated. As you'd expect from any device created by his mind, naturally. No, no, there was that ovr-confidence again. Dwell on the machine a little more, that should help. A lot of it was taken up with refrigeration. It needed to supercool the dense levels of smog and other air-bourne pollutants in China's stale air so that the next part could work. Once the noxious fumes were cooled close to absolute zero (above street level mind, he didn't want civilian casualties if he could help it) the machine emitted a hypercyclical laser, the heat and movement of which created a cyclone effect in the near-frozen clouds on an atomic levels. The very molecules of the clouds would zoom around at speeds faster than sound, essentially creating a super-sonic cyclone. The result of this? silence/ Total silence. No sound could escape the pull of this. It was based on some fascinating work he'd read about, done by a team of Israelis scientists. They had only been able to create these sonic vacuums on a small scale though, he had...improved the design somewhat. One of the benefits of being a genius. His version could envelop an entire city block. And he'd made dozens of the things, enough to cover the entire city. It had taken him months to acquire the materials and even longer to actually get them into China and build the things. Still, it would be worth it. In a few moment he'd activate the devices, eliminating all sound in Beijing. While that didn't sound as particularly devasting as, say, a simple bomb, it was much more dangerous than it seemed. Humans relied on sound far more than most realised. They used it to balance, to orientate, and numerous other tiny but vital ways somewhat with a proepr doctorate in biology could probably explain. Humans in perfect silence...well they tended to go loopy after half an hour or so. That was partly why he'd selected Beiing as his target. It just had so many people, all them of them getting more and more desperate and more and more crazed as every minute noiselessly ticked by. That it was a major transportation hub also meant the potential was there for devastating airline crashes, or shipping catastrophes. People would be panicking on a global scale as the ramifications of his little attack would be felt world-wide. Yet those foreign governments would be largely powerless. China being China, it wasn't going to let anyone just stick their noses in. He was bargaining on even large super-hero groups like the Justice League having trouble operating under China's glaring paranoia.

Smugly satisfied with himself, Professor Thirty-One flicked the activation level on the remote he'd constructed. All the devices across Beijing simultaneously charged up. Give them a few minutes to super-cool the atmosphere, a few more to let the cyclones form, then perhaps enjoy the chaos for a litle catharsis before letting his ransom demands play on every screen he'd managed to hack. Subtitled, of course. No point in ransom demands no-one could hear. As he heard the whumm of the machine closest to him reach its peak he morphed his viscous left hand into a hammer and shattered his remote. While he hadn't built anything so ludicrous as a deactivation switch into the thing, he knew not all the Leaguers were dumb neanderthals and might be able to reverse engineer something to shut down his plan. No harm in being sure. He walked over to the edge of the rooftop he'd been perched on, staring out at the streets below. The first car crash ought to be highly entertaining

OOC: Would you believe that sonic vacuums are not a thing I made up? Real science is just as crazy as comic book science sometimes

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Eria's smile returned. "Psychoanalyst's field day..."IC: Seth shook his head. "I don't have a penny to my name. If I suddenly got kicked from the league...""I'd have to join the circus."IC: Runewalker, or Alexandra, as she was known to her friends, was watching a satellite feed with some amusement.She should probably help Heliogram, but this was far more fun.IC: Rone reached out, the shadows in the armor turning back to liquid and attempting to strangle Umbra to the point of KO.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"I would pity that psychoanalyst. He probably would go crazy within two sessions." Sam commented, grinning from ear to ear, and leaning against the wall. After a pause, he raised an eyebrow. "Was there a reason you all were gathered in the hallway, or did you just feel like loitering?"

IC:

The spears of metal stabbed into the construct, mere moments before it melted away into nothingness. "Rone. You're the one with shadow abilities. Where is he?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC / Ironwood / The WatchtowerIronwood shrugged and started to walk away. He'd missed too much of the conversation to understand what was going on. Then he tensed.Black Canary's voice rang out over the whole station. "We have a situation in Beijing. It's not clear what exactly is happening down there, so I need Mister Thirteen, Wild Fire and Solar Angel to get down there and investigate. Get to the Zeta Tubes."IC / Heliogram / Kansas"Well that was a freebie," he muttered as he watched the alien fly off in a rage. He say a truck coming down a dirt road toward the barn and decided he had overstayed his welcome. He hopped back on the motorcycle and gunned it.As he drove down the highway, he cycled through various appearances, checking himself out in the rear view mirror. "Sexy. Hot. Beautiful. Why can't I ever bring myself to look ugly?" He eventually decided on an appearance that was fairly similar to what he imagined he would look like at his age if he hadn't been in the accident. "Just a regular dude." He winked and pointed at himself in the mirror, but the gesture made him swerve dangerously so after he course corrected he kept his eyes on the road.At the airport he ditched the bike. Getting a ticket and passing through security was a breeze. Sure, he would have failed at every turn, not having a credit card with any money on it and his ID actually being that same credit card, but he simply made the computer look like it was showing he had enough funds and the man at the ticket booth gave him no trouble. A simple reskin of the card and it looked like he had a valid ID and he coasted through security. He checked the time as he boarded the plain. If I sprint, like, really fast after disembarking... Yeah, Sportsmaster's still going to kill me.IC / Jordan Alatya / Cadmus, Washington DCJordan decided to just keep chatting and hope someone else would show up and call this boy by name. "Oh, I've just been working on my project. I don't think I've left the complex in weeks." Come to think of it, she couldn't remember if that was hyperbole or not.IC / Lady White / Los AngelesLady White re-materialized. "Look," she said simply, pointing at the monitor. "The alien is gone, and the shadow is leaving as well."OOC: I didn't have Black Canary mention Aegis due to his reputation, but he is free to go along. The Team will have some action shortly.@ Basilisk: Would the Committee have access to mother boxes or father boxes or some other teleportation technology? Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC:

"... Mr. Thirteen, Wild Fire, and Solar Angel to get down there and investigate. Get to the Zeta Tubes."Ricardo, ever the hothead, broke into a sprint, eager for a mission. Though he didn't know where he was, he suspected that Mister Thirteen was doing the same. Eria would probably follow in a few moments. For his part, Samuel watched in silence, green eyes following the departing members. Only three people on a mission. Not very many at all.

"Well. Guess I'll rearrange a few naps." In one fluid motion, he transferred from leaning against the wall to walking at a reasonable pace after Ricardo.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Up there." Rone pointed where he was currently focusing.

IC: Eria looked at Sam with a raised eyebrow, pulling her gauntlets out of a bag she was carrying as she walked alongside him, sliding them on and wincing as they clicked and hummed to life, attaching themselves to her nanowiring.

She tried not to make too much of an expression, but it was obvious that it hurt. A lot.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: "Well, looks like I'm up," Said Thirteen, giving Seth a friendly wave as he clomped off to the Watchtower's zeta tube transports

IC: Alesiu kept moving straight towards the town her ring had detected, but found herself being diverted. She'd found a road. With cars. Did cars here have miniaturised fission reactors as power? She'd have to see if she could remember to find out when she started tearing things apart...

Halting in mid-air, she held one hand out in front of her. Five long beams spat from her ring, mimicking fingers as they arced through the air and slammed down into the road like a clawed portcullis. She made a savage slashing motion with her hand and the her constructs responded by raking through the round, smashing up the asphalt and dragging along helpless cars

IC: "Project? Oh right, you're the chick with some actual metal power armour, right? Not the knock-off organic stuff I do?" Liam joked, still entirely unaware hat Jordan had no idea who he was

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Well isn't that inconvenient."

Erza regarded the indicated rooftop thoughtfully, resting the tip of her zweihander against the ground. "Too tall to climb before he shadow-jumps away. If you shadow-jump to him, he can escape before anything can really be done."

"... I have an idea. What are the odds you could use your abilities to cancel out his shadow-walking? With both of us here, you should have enough of an edge. Assuming his powers are similar to yours normally are."

IC:

"You should see about getting some kind of numbing agent for those."

The comment was rather unexpected; Samuel hadn't even been looking at her when she donned the gloves, though he glanced at her now. There was something inherently... Off about his movements. Normally, the League member moved slowly, lazily, as if even walking was an annoying effort. His movements carried a measure of grace, but it was always tempered by a lack of effort. After a moment, the change become clear to Eria's trained eyes. His gait hadn't changed, but each step was like a coiled spring, the tension sliding easily from one step to the next.

The laziness was gone, as if it was a facade that never truly existed. His posture had straightened, his eyes gone from dull and tired to bright and alert. Each movement was efficiency incarnate, a sort of predatory grace filled with restrained strength.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC:

Um, Snark and Kaithas? How are your characters talking? One is on a building rooftop, the other on the ground. They don't have telepathy to each other.

"I will go put on my suit and get into the helicopter." The Cro-Magnon walked aside and entered a room. He picked up pieces of an armor and put them on. His armor was versatile, keeping him in good fighting condition. He walked onto the rooftop, and climbed into the helicopter.

He waited for Lady White to make a sign that she was nearby.

The Martian Prince looked around and shrugged. There was no one around. Then, he decided to go and try to join the Leaguers. He shape shifted into an adult human form and ran after the group, heading towards the Zeta Tubes.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: There was a slight error on my part, Canis, but Kaithas and I have also discussed it. I think he intends to talk to you shortly.

IC:

"You never know. This is the Watchtower, after all. They could probably cook something up that would work." Samuel commented, continuing to move in the same fashion. If he noted Eria's curiosity, he didn't comment. "But hey. Your choice, not like I have any control over you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC / Lady White / Los AngelesLady White materialized in the seat next to Magnon. She picked up a communicator as the helicopter's engine rumbled to life. "Azrad, keep eyes on the fleeing alien for us."IC / Jordan Alatya / Cadmus, Washington DC"Yes, yes that's me. But that's supposed to be classified, you know... Sanders!" she called to a scientist that was walking by.Sanders walked slightly adjusted his trajectory but it was clear this was going to be a drive-by conversation. "Sorry, busy," he said, "Alatya. Andrews. Good to see you."Jordan cursed to herself as she watched Sanders continue on his way. This Andrews was calling her by her first name, and she only knew his last.IC / Ironwood / The WatchtowerIronwood relaxed. It was only a call for the Justice League. He didn't like going down to Earth.He continued on his way toward the training area. He didn't feel like exercising, he just wanted to watch. He took a seat on the observation deck and watched Rocket and Blue Beetle engage in some friendly sparring. Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC (Azrad)

Azrad's voice flowed over the radio. "I've cast the needed spells. Incidentally, we'll need to someone to clean the room up after this. Some of my blood got onto the carpet. So sorry." He winced as he applied a few bandages to his cut hand. Magic was useful, but he could have really done without having to spill his blood whenever he needed to cast a spell.

OOC: I imagine helicopters and the like might be equipped with a teleporter for rapid deployment....

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Adam Emery): A panel-like door slid open, and a blonde man strode into the boardroom. He paused and adjusted his sleeve, before smiling at Azrad. "Really, Azrad, you should consider using a bowl." Adam Emery, slipped into a comfortable chair. "Sorry for the delay. The press delayed me at the opening of Pangaea GG's new treatment centre for the limb-challenged. I foresee a National Geographic cover for the company in the near-future." He glanced around the empty boardroom. "Wait... Don't tell me." The man raised a hand to Azrad with a mischievous grin. "Magnon and the fair phantom have been delayed too."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

"I'm ready for the teleportation. Now, Lady White, the Red Lantern might use an emotion other than willpower. Be sure to test for the emotion she does use before altering her emotions. We don't want a sadness powered Lantern to become more powerful."

'Hey, everyone! We want to be able to communicate without the bad guy causing this to hear. Bring me with you and I can connect everyone mentally.'

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC / Lady White / Los AngelesThere was a crack like thunder and a portal opened in front of the helicopter. The machine took off and swooped into blinding opening, appearing over a vast field in Kansas. The trashed barn was clearly visible from this height, but the Red Lantern was not to be seen. "I hate using that kind of technology," said Lady White, referring to the boom tube, "I know it's of human origin, but it was inspired by the aliens. I feel like we've defiled ourselves." Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC: Magnon [Kansas]

The caveman jumped out and started to walk along a red trail, gesturing to Lady White. "Come on. She's probably this way." He moved forward along the path. Then, he saw the Red Lantern. Attacking cars on a road. This was the sort of action that made the Committee hate aliens. Just come to our planet and wreck the place.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

Hahahahahahahahaha

No. Samuel shot back at Jazzon with more than a touch of sarcasm. You're on the Team for a reason. Namely, because you're not old enough or skilled enough to handle League matters. And this is a League matter, hence why only League members were summoned.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC / Lady White / KansasThe ghost wordlessly floated up toward the alien. When she was about 50 meters out, she stopped, and began to gently send out thoughts of despair and hopelessness. Magnon was right. Until she knew exactly what kind of emotion would weaken this alien, she had to be careful.IC / Phillip Grant (Heliogram) / Happy Harbor, Rhode IslandPhil ran as fast as he could to the secret entrance to the Unjust Cave. He leaned heavily against the door, panting. Then he straightened, punched in the code, and waltzed in carelessly. He glanced around. No one in the entrance hall. But he heard the buzz of conversation coming from some other room, so he wasn't late. Thank goodness. The League was probably getting ready to scramble. He walked past the ops center, but stopped short and turned back. He leaned nonchalantly against the door frame. He slicked back his hair (a pointless exercise, considering he had reverted back to his natural color and it was virtually impossible to tell what state his hair was in) and said, "Hey, beautiful."It's true that Alex was beautiful, but he said that to everyone.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC: "There are more immediate things, I believe, is the reason most don't say anything."Eria stayed silent while Sam reprimanded J'Azzon.IC: "Hey, Phillip."Alexandra's smile was evident beneath her cloak, eyes flashing in the light. Whether friendly or malicious...Too early to tell.

BZPRPG Profiles