RPG: Young Justice - Aftermath

Bundalings

IC:"For a given value of cause. Those vortexes are what's draining the sound, but for the life of me, I haven't a clue how they work, or what's making them." Samuel sighed, leaning against the dome behind him, hands in his pockets.

"This won't last forever. Had to cut off outside air supply to prevent the loss of sound. In about... Ten minutes I'll have to take the barrier down to restock the air supply."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "So...we'll have to go back to the old fashioned written word," said Mister Thirteen, "Or stop these...vortexes did you say?"

IC: It was possible that, at full strength, Alesiu could have shrugged off Magnon's attack, but with Lady White tinkering in he thinker she wasn't at full strength. The blast sent her flying, gouging a furrow into the ground as she scraped along it

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"Not quite. I can put it back up after air circulates again, but there's one problem; we'll still be immobile. I can't make a shield airtight and keep it mobile. So basically, we have to use this time to plot our next move, and then use written word, or hand signals once we move."

A momentary pause. "Whatever's going on has to do with those vortexes. I'm not sure exactly how they're sucking the sound away, but they are. We have to stop whatever it is that's making them, because they sure as heck aren't natural. There were about a dozen of them, give or take a few. All over the city. So even if we take one down, most of the city'll still be stuck without sound.""And chances are, there'll be opposition."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: "Splitting up is generally a bad move anyway," Thirteen said, "United we stand and all." The saying probably wasn't appropriate here, but it made him sound superheroic, which made him feel superheroic rather than so nervous he could melt. That actually happened once. It was awkward for everyone.

"So which way to the first vortex?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Brother Norin [Oa]

Saint Walker turned to the Lantern of Ungara. He said, "It appears those upon Earth have found out of the Matrix. I need you to go there and assist the Green Lantern of that sector. After all, we must keep the artifact in the hands of the Lanterns.

"You are a member of the Justice League?" The Ungaran Blue Lantern nodded and said, "I will be honored to help the Lanterns in this dilemma." Then, the alien turned and blasted off into space, protected by his aura.

Earth was approaching. The Lantern had already blazed past Mars and the Warworld, and was heading towards the Watchtower. He entered into the tower based on a meteor and entered it, looking to see if any Leaguers had been dispatched.

Some had gone to Beijing. It was unknown what was happening. Four had gone down. The member of the Corps of Hope decided to join them. After all, he wanted to help people. He was a member of a group of good Samaritans.

The Leaguers were inside a light blue energy dome. He hadn't taken a Zeta Beam, as he could travel fast with his ring. He descended down from the sky to the group.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Canis? After consulting his profile... Norin shouldn't be doing much of anything power-related at the moment. Beijing isn't exactly hopeful. Actually, it's chocked to the brim with over twenty million people full of despair. And in physical pain and disorientation due to having been cut off from sound for at least... Twenty minutes now. In other words, based on his profile, he should be doubled up with a migraine like his head's about to explode. Nowhere near flight-capable.

Twenty million despairing people tends to do that to a Blue Lantern.

And I kinda do have to ask. How does one pick out one dome in the middle of Beijing? It's kinda a big city.

IC:

"Yeah, sounds about right. First one was about three blocks that 'a way." Samuel said, gesturing towards the northern side of the dome. and moving from his position against the wall to his feet. "I'm gonna drop the dome. If you need to communicate, either charades it, or text. And Thirteen... You know what to do. Words on the torso.""Any questions? No? Good. Try not to get killed."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC @ Snark and Canis: Agree on the negative emotions thing, but perhaps the Blue Lantern just isn't close enough to feel the impact of the negative emotions yet. Just make sure you RP that in some way in your next post, Canis. As for finding them... in the Justice League TV series (not Young Justice), John Stewart can use his ring to track people. Is that something Lanterns can do across multiple forms of media? If not, he could have just asked where the Zeta Beam led. The ground team hasn't moved yet.IC / Phillip (Heliogram) / Unjust Cave"Then why did you follow me here...?" Phil muttered to himself. Before he found anything particularly appetizing, another member of the Unjust League walked in.It was Weregirl. A magical anomaly, she was once a normal wolf but somehow was cursed to become a child every full moon. Phil hated her. He was pretty sure everyone hated her, but maybe he was just projecting. "Stop rummaging," she snarled. "Our window of opportunity is approaching."Phil straightened and slammed the fridge door shut. "You're not the boss of me." He stuck out his tongue. "Who made you leader, anyway?""I was once the leader of a mighty pack," growled Weregirl, "my strength is more than sufficient to manage you soft whelps. Now come." She cast a look at Runewalker and departed.Phil shrugged. "I guess the dog is right." He started out the door, walking slowly. His stomach was growling.IC / Jordan Alatya / Cadmus, Washington DCJordan laughed. "Oh, no code name for me. I'm not a combatant, just a scientist."IC / Lady White / KansasLady White solidified and descended toward the fallen Red Lantern, continuing to exert low-level emotional pressure. Given the alien's unbridled and unprovoked rage, it seemed unlikely that alone would keep her down, but hopefully in conjunction with Magnon's physical strikes they could subdue her.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC:The unmistakable ping of displaced air was heard in the Unjust Cave as a certain Marshall Lenor appeared. He wrinkled his nose at Weregirl (seriously, she could stand do to something about that animal scent), immediately showing off the plunder of the day to Phillip. "Alright, be honest. Am I pulling it off?" He flashed an expensive-looking watch before his comrades. He received a few less-than-impressed glares, and shied away."Aw, yeah. The mission. Onward, then."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Runewalker glared after the wolf and looked back at the others. "Off we go," she said, walking after her and muttering a few words in an ancient language. As she walked, another teammate joined the others, a guitar strapped across his back and multiple small instruments at his waist.Soundsmith was a tall, black haired teen that had the ability to, well, use sound waves as weapons. "Hey."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

After a moment, the dome vanished, and the sound instantly went with it. The group was once more plunged into silence as Samuel took point, moving down the street towards the nearest vortex. It was emanating from the top of a nearby building; they'd have to ascend to the top to get at it. The street was remarkably still, with most of the populace on the ground, curled into the fetal position.

It had been twenty minutes, and already some were succumbing to the maddening quiet.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC / Heliogram / Unjust CavePhillip just frowned at Marshall. Normally he found the teleporter's antic amusing, but he wasn't really in the mood.The group walked down the long, narrow hall toward the entrance. As they walked they were joined by Soundsmith. Phillip saw Equalizer waiting by the door, impatiently tapping her foot. She was the oldest member of the Unjust League recruits, about 18. Phil thought she was from Korea, but he'd never asked. Her power was to adapt to any attack. Hit her once, and she'd be immune for a short period after to any similar strike. She was formidable and it was obvious she thought herself the leader, even though Sportsmaster hadn't officially appointed her.Weregirl darted ahead eagerly. The narrative in Phillip's head painted her as an eager puppy following her master, Equalizer, but she was probably just anxious to tear some poor Cadmus employee's jugular out. Phillip glanced back. No Sportsmaster to send them off. He didn't know why he expected - or hoped - for something different. Their commander had given them orders and he expected them to be followed. He would probably observe with surveillance drones. Or maybe he had cameras sewn into their clothes.Equalizer led the group outside. There was a nondescript black van parked there. "Really? A van? Are we common crooks?" Phil wrinkled his nose."We're less than common crooks," Equalizer said impatiently, "but that changes tonight. Get in." In a way, she was right. Sportsmaster had been training them for years, but up to now they hadn't done anything so important as raiding a Cadmus facility.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC:Marshall gave Phillip a puzzled look. Someone's had a bad day. Stepping up to the van, the pickpocket crossed his arms. "Don't tell me there's free candy involved." He pulled open one of the back doors and sat in one of the rear seats. With a wink, he beckoned Runewalker to sit beside him.After all. Road trips were much more interesting with someone to talk to.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: "What, really?" Liam said, astonished at Jordan's apparent choice to remain passive, "Seems a bit of a waste having power armour and not using it."

IC: The...the voices in her head? Where were they? Just pallid whisperings like moths brushing at her cerebral cortex. Uhgn, now there was nothing but her own voices...why wouldn't the ring answer? Why wouldn't it talk to her? She'd tried to be good, done everything it asked, listened to its advice...

Alesiu's head snapped up as she heard Lady White approach, rustling through the air. She snarled, a wounded animal in a trap, and breathed out more of the signature boiling blood of the Red Lantern corps. Her ring may have been low on juice, but she still had a few tricks up her sleeve

IC: The first vortex was being created by a machine on top of a block of flats, mounted upon and linked up to the air conditioning unit. Mist flowed around it, as its refrigeration core froze the air into vapour, and the occasional flash of its supersonic laser shimmered in the smog clouds above like tamed lightning.

"Okay, so..." Mister Thirteen checked around for hired goons or hidden traps before finished the sentence engraved on his torso, "...should I smash it?"

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Kella crouched in an alley. Her eyes peered out from beneath her messy hair as she looked at the the city beyond where she stood. Kella was afraid. She had no idea how she'd gotten to where she was now. The last thing she actually remembered was walking towards something bright and shiny in the distance. There were a few thoughts running through her mind, one of the most prominent being the scientists.

She stood in the alley. The scientists, she missed them. Unlike her they'd know what to do. Her mind was practically blank aside from one thing, the thought of survival. She didn't understand why the scientists had done what they had to her. She thought she'd been good. She passed all of the tests or at least most of them, the only one she hadn't had been when they brought in the green rock. But she knew they couldn't be mad at her for that. It or they, it didn't matter, tried to hurt her and she'd defended herself. It made no sense to her. If what she'd done was why they were mad then they would have told her. They'd wanted to protect her, not hurt her, so her stopping the pain should have been okay. She didn't understand why what she'd done had made them mad or why she was here but she was, and they'd left her.

Slowly, Kella stood up and walked forward. The gnawing pain in her body was growing worse and the amount of what she could see was thinning. Kella stumbled forward down the alley, her hand on the wall for balance, her breathes coming in short pained bursts. The girl wobbled, took her hand off the wall and then took her first step out of the alley.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

OOC:

@ Snark, well he has just arrived near the city, and isn't actually in it yet. According to this post, the location the Leaguers are in isn't even actually in Beijing. About him finding you: The group hasn't moved since they Zeta Beamed down.

IC: Magnon

The Cro-Magnon started to punch the Red Lantern ruthlessly.

IC: Umbra

The agent of the Light took his radio, contacted the Warworld and said into it, "I need some assistance. Use a Boom Tube. Bring a Boom Tube. Anyone." He knew that the most likely to hear this message was Soundmaster, who normally tried to go on missions often.

IC: Blue Lantern

The Lantern clutched his head. It hurt, but no overly bad. He looked at the people in the dome and started to make some hand signals. Hopefully, the ring he wore would at least get the idea of his message across. He was trying to say that there was lots of despair, and he was here to help.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: "No, sorry."Rone made the final leap onto the building Umbra was. "I'm afraid no one will be arriving to help you. At least, not in time." The shadowcaster was draining every shadow his sister had missed from the environment.IC: Erika shook her head and pointed to herself. She was the quickest. Could get out if something went wrong.IC: Alexandra smiled that same half malicious half friendly smile and sat next to Marshall, cloak still up.

Edited by The Fourteenth Doctor

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: They were meant to be set down outside of Beijing, but if you read the posts pas that, you'll see that they did actually land in Beijing directly. A little bit of a misunderstanding that just got rolled with.

IC:Samuel stared at the contraption, pondering Thirteen's question. There was no obvious reason not to, which was all the more reason to take a look. He held up a finger, as if to say Wait just a sec, and conjured a screwdriver construct. He took it to the screws keeping one of the panels in place, likely the panel used for final assembly, and began to remove it.Hopefully, it wouldn't blow up in his face. Or anyone else's,

IC:

Erza vaulted over the edge of the building, hurling a massive spike of steel at Umbra, landing beside her brother. With Rone actively absorbing any shadows present, even the projectile wouldn't cast enough of a shadow for the enemy to escape.And even if he dodged it... Well. It wasn't like she was going to run out of metal any time soon. Idly, she reached out to the metal pieces of his radio, and used them to stab into the internals. He wouldn't be calling for any more backup any time soon.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Marshall leaned back as the other members of the Unjust League filed into the van. "I can't tell if I'm frightened by you, or incredibly attracted. What's your suggestion?"

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:"I'll go with 'dangerous,' all things considered," he flashed a flirty smile as she aired out her hair- as if she needed to do so to be more attractive than she was already, "and speaking of which, how does dinner sound after this whole Cadmus thing?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Magnon's punches weren't helping. The pain and anger at being attacked gave Alesiu's ring a spark of juice. Red energy formed around her arm, a giant gauntlet of solid light. She lashed out at the neanderthal man with just as much power behind the construct-assisted punch as he was throwing at her

IC: The machine didn't blow up, but it did reveal an insanely complicated array of wiring, flashing lights and circuit boards. Why were the lights flashing? Who knew. Maybe just to show the lights were working...

There was a low hum emitting from it though as electricity flowed through it, and the heat it was putting off was immense, even over the refrigeration.

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC:

the neanderthal man

What? He's a Cro-Magnon, not a Neanderthal. Big difference.

IC: Magnon [Kansas]

The ancient man went flying back, and he hit the ground. He looked at the Red Lantern, and then raised his energy cannon. He fired it.

IC: Brother Norin [beijing]

Brother Norin doubled over, clutching his head in pain. So much despair. It hurt. He looked at the people trying to deactivate the device.

IC: Umbra [New York City]

The agent of the Light ducked under the metal just in time, and then crouched on the floor. He looked at Rone. The male of the pair of twins was standing somewhat close to the edge. Umbra charged him, trying to tackle him.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

Umbra was smashed out of the air mid-tackle when a heel slammed into his face, knocking him back. Chances are, in fact, that the blow would have broken his nose. Especially seeing as the attacker, the sister of his target, was currently operating under enhanced abilities. Strength included. The follow through of the roundhouse kick ended just as Umbra reeled back, and she instantly launched forward at full speed to deliver a vicious upper cut to his jaw.

"You Dummkopf."

OOC: I am aware that the first section of this is an autohit, but I feel it is a justifiable one; Umbra was in full charge, something that he wouldn't have been able to stop quickly enough in order to dodge a normal blow, let alone one with enhanced speed. If you feel otherwise, feel free to talk to me, and we can discuss it.

Second, yes, "Dummkopf" is intentionally capitalized. Seeing as it's a noun, and in German, nouns are capitalized.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Samuel took a step back, shrugging. He couldn't see anything rigged to blow, nor could he see a way to disarm it, so that really only left one option. He nooded at Thirteen, miming a crushing motion.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Maybe... If I ate something besides the souls of unworthy suitors."Alexandra grinned."Just kidding. But maybe."

IC:"C'mon. You know it'd be great. The two best-looking members of the Unjust League," he coughed out "Weregirl" accusingly, "should at least be best friends. What is it that you can do again?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:"Ooh, so you can like, kill people with lightning and create big balls of fire?" He said, with all the innocence and curiosity of a kindergartener. "Personally, I prefer a more direct method. Not gonna lie, I genuinely like shooting people," he said with a shrug, "I hope I have a chance to show you what I mean. Speaking of which, do you know anything about Cadmus?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: "Sort of, yes. More like melee range, but you've got the idea."She sighed and looked out the window. "I don't like killing, but I don't particularly mind it, either. The scythe-" Alexandra shrugged. "As for Cadmus, only what was in the briefing. Which surprisingly few people attend."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC;

Kella stumbled, her eyes still accommodated to the fresh darkness of the alley and in no way ready for the bright glare of the sky. Blinded, she walked forward, unknowingly stumbling into traffic. Blind to the road Kella could do nothing but gasp as a loud noise came from one of her sides and she got barreled over. Her brain was addled, if you could even call it that,. She couldn't see. She was in pain and something had just hit her, hard. Things were clouded by pain and fear, her thoughts, her movement. Slowly, Kella stood back up, she didn't know what hit her and right now she didn't care. Her ribs hurt and she could barely move. She turned as something approached her side. She then stumbled forward and scrunched her eyes. She panicked and swung her hand backwards as the thing made a noise and moved forward. She stepped back blindly as her hand collided and something caved. She stood for a second and then as more unknown sounds and lights bombarded her eyes and ears, turned and leaped into the air.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC: Alesiu grunted as the laser hit, even its limited inertia enough to knock her back. Her blinding rage still wouldn't allow her to see sense and just flee, however, so the mad Lantern chose to leap into the attack once more.

Lady White happened to be the closest target after the laser burst, so Alesiu ran pell-mell at her with a small construct forming round her fist of a spiked and clawed gauntlet, ready to gouge and tear flesh...

IC: As Mister Thirteen laid into the machine, the spinning, flickering machinery slowed and juddered, and a distinct whirring sound could be heard as the grand thing died. Wait, heard? Well that was a good sign. With the machine destroyed there was nothing vanishing the sound in this area. So that was one down, only another eleven to go...

Back at his master device, Thirty-One noticed one of the various lights going out. Hmm, one of his silence engines had been compromised. Blast, he knew he should have hired some guards for the thing, but he'd had very little funding left after purchasing machine parts...

Oh well, he'd just have to check it out himself. He had more than enough skill to take out any would-be hero chancing their luck with a little vigilantism...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"Ah, good. It didn't blow up on us."

A momentary pause, as the others shot Samuel a look. "What? It didn't. I mean, there was roughly a fifty fifty shot that whoever built it had rigged up some kind of hidden booby trap, but they didn't."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Marshall nodded knowingly, leaning back in his chair. "I probably should've showed up. What did they tell you?" He checked his watch- a small crack noticeable in the face. Evidently, how thievery had been rough on the chronoinstrument. "Hey, can your magic fix glass?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC / Jordan Alatya / Cadmus, Washington DCJordan shrugged. "I'm not combat trained. I'm just developing it for Cadmus."IC / Lady White / KansasLady White was distracted by the pain of the scalding blood that had struck her arm as she dove to the side. She hadn't managed to dematerialize in time. That had made her let up on the mental assault, and it was clear that this, in combination with the seemingly unquenchable rage inside her attacker, that allowed the Red Lantern to strike back so powerfully.The Red Lantern's next strike was more physical in nature, and Lady White saw it in time. She faded from view and the attack passed through her... but she still felt it. Something in the Red Lantern's energy allowed it to harm her despite her ghostly form. She fell back, landing out of easy reach to catch her metaphorical breath. Even ghosts could get worn out, though not in the same way as fleshbags. "Her rage is too strong, I cannot get into her mind very easily," she called to Magnon. How are we going to tame this beast?IC / Heliogram / En Route to DCHe was still hungry, but the conversation in the back seat distracted him. He kept trying to think of some cutting remark to interrupt the two, but couldn't, so he sat in silence, stewing. At least the drive wasn't long.Equalizer tossed a folder to him from the driver's seat. "Can you replicate them?" she asked, forcefully."Heliogram flipped through the folder. Pictures of various Cadmus employees, names, facts about them schedules... there must have been a mole that Sportsmaster was in contact with. But Heliogram was most interested in the pictures. There were enough. "Yes, I can do it."The plan was pretty simple. He would cloak them all in an illusion and they'd just waltz right in. None of the people they were posing as were working that day, so they didn't run the risk of running into themselves. True, someone might notice they weren't supposed to be in... but that's why Sportsmaster was sending metahumans and magical beings to do the job. They could take Cadmus if it came to it. Hopefully.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC:

Wild Fire looked at his team dismantling a machine which seemed to be causing the disturbance in area. "So...you want me to blow it up?" He asked feeling awkard not helping them at all. He needed something to do, but this seemed to be good.

OOC: I'm pretty sure, I did not help out, since I was gone. Also Basilisk, I'm currently waiting on your response.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg