RPG: Young Justice - Aftermath

Bundalings

IC:

Kella fell steadily through the air. She had had enough in her to get off the ground, but not enough to actually keep her airborne. Kella sunk once, before crashing into a building. Luckily for her she was too high to actually go through it but unfortunately she was too low to completely avoid it. Her body bounced and skittered across the gravel before coming to a halt. She lay in a precarious position, the upper half of her body sprawled across the gravel and the lower, dangling haphazardly off the edge of the roof.

Slowly, she tried to raise her head before failing and dropping into unconsciousness. The last thought Kella had before the pain took her completely was 'Help'.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC: A figure appeared next to Kella, a shock of orange energy dissipating from his skin.Seth had abused his power something horrible to get there in time, pardon the pun.He fell to his knee for an instant before shaking it off, pulling her onto the roof, and feeling for her pulse.

Edited by The Fourteenth Doctor

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: "No, if you could refrain from blowing any stuff up that would be helpful," Mister Thirteen answered Wild Fire, "Though tell you what, you get the next one."

IC: Just because Lady White was on the ground didn't mean she was off-limits. Alesiu lashed out again, her gauntlet construct plunging down at ground currently occupied by the Lady's head...

IC: "Still seems a shame," Liam said, shaking his head, "What can it do? Got some heavy firepower?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Kella's pulse, though faint, was there and far stronger than a Human's. The only movement the girl displayed was the unsteady rise and fall of her breathing.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC: Seth slid his arms under and picked Kella up gently, though from her vitals and the dent in the concrete, she wasn't fragile.The chronokinetic boosted, running a ways out of town and stopping.Now, the question. Take her back to the Watchtower and risk her freaking out once she was up there, or attempt to stabilize her here until she was conscious...

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

As Thirteen and Ricardo talked, Samuel was standing on the edge of the building, eyes roaming the skyline. One machine down, eleven to go. The nearest of those eleven was placed seven blocks to the east, and the field of silence would likely start to occur again halfway between his present location and the device. A glance at his watch told him that three minutes had passed since the destruction of the device behind him, which meant that it had been three minutes since the one who planted it was given his first clue that something was amiss.

After all, no intelligent villain built their devices without a way to know if they were working. Which meant that whoever planted them would likely come looking to see what had happened.

"Alright, let's move. We haven't got any time to waste. The longer we linger here, the more likely that whoever planted the thing comes back to see what happened. And I don't know about anyone else, but I think it'd be nice if the most hazardous thing I had to do on this mission was risk electrocution."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Right. Well then let's go." He headed towards Lazy Bugger's position and looked out beyond. He say where Samuel was looking at. "Okay, so let's go and destroy quickly so no one knows we're here as you said.

IC:

"Time for some bass." Sound Master heard the call from Umbra, and made his way to activate the Boom Tube. Once activated he walked in it, arriving to Umbra's position. He say him tackle someone just as he arrived. He observed his surroundings, then Umbra. He charged up a blast of sound made his way towards the person Umbra tackled.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Umbra [New York City]

Sound Master was about to fire the sound at the person that Umbra had tried to tackle. Clutching his broken noise, lying on the roof, Umbra said, "Stop! I need the father box you used to get here. Give it to me."

IC: Red Prince [Watchtower]

The Martian looked at Superboy, who was monitoring the activities of all deployed members of the Team from the Watchtower. He pressed a button, and started to speak to Timeshifter on the ground, "Seth, who do you have there? Should I take some people down? We can't bring a civilian up to the Watchtower."

IC: Magnon [Kansas]

Magnon looked at the Red Lantern. He turned to Lady White and said, "I have an idea. If you could turn intangible, fly up to our opponent, and turn tangible just long enough to grab the ring off her finger, we can defeat her. It's crazy, but it just might work"

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Erika nodded, hovering off the ground again. "Let's get to it!"IC: "No," Seth said, wishing he'd left his receiver behind. Yes, mission alone.Though technically it wasn't a mission.Gotta start getting solo experience sometime. "I'm fine, thanks. Could you stop watching me, please?"IC: Rone fell into his shadow form, running a few feet to the right and popping out, shadows pulling back into him.IC: Alexandra shook her head. "I don't think so. But I can try."She took his wrist, tracing her finger over the watch.Glowing lines followed her index finger, binding into an intricate line of symbolsThey glowed brighter when she was done, the watch heating up just enough to hurt a tiny bit, before cooling quickly.The fissure was gone, though a tiny, barely visible line remained.Well, and a few runes on the band, but those were fading quickly.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Huh. Look at that," he tapped at the glass idly, and said of the stolen watch, "I guess the warranty's still void." Smiling at the subtle joke, he crossed his arms.

"I wish I could do something that."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

GM IC: Superboy [Watchtower]

"Not until you answer my first question. Besides, I'm your supervisor. I always monitor everyone on missions. Who is that?"

OOC:

Kaithis, what is wrong with his posts? Ezra kicked Umbra in the face. Umbra is clutching his broken nose. He asked Soundmaster for the Father Box while clutching his nose. I don't see what is wrong.

The shadow manipulator stood up, and stumbled towards the one of the two of his opponents that controlled metal. He pressed a button on the Father Box, and a Boom Tube popped up under both him, and the female of the twins.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

At least, that is what Umbra planned to happen.

Father boxes are miraculous machines, capable of creating boom tubes to transport people across vast expanses of space, among other functions. They were a game-changer, an ace up the sleeve, something that could be counted on. Which is of course why the Light, and by extension their operatives, counted on it so much. Without any shadows to move through, it was Umbra's fall-back plan. But they hadn't counted on one thing.

The boxes were precision instruments. They had to be, to operate so effectively. They could deal with minor stresses, minor problems, as long as the internals were all functioning correctly. But some of those internal mechanisms were metal. Which is why, the moment that Umbra specified to his newly arrived backup that the box was the key to his transport, those mechanisms were moved out of alignment. Not irreparably so, if she so chose Erza could move them back at any time, but most certainly not correctable in the midst of a fight. So when her foe pressed the button, there was a pause, as he expected he and his target to be moved away to a location of his choosing.

But nothing happened.

And in that instant, the moment where Umbra blinked once again in pain, he could see that she had already crossed the short distance between the two of them. Her steel-covered fist rocketed towards his jaw, seeking a blow that would take him out of the fight. His senses were impaired by the pain from his nose, and the effects it caused, and she was so fast; it would take more than luck to evade it. But she wasn't done. The metal support structure below Soundmaster shot up through the concrete, bands seeking to wrap around his ankles. It was doubtful that he would be able to escape imprisonment; he had arrived to the battlefield too suddenly to make an accurate assessment of his foe's capabilities. A mistake that he shared with his comrade.

However, it was well known that no plan was without fault. But to safeguard against the possibility of their escape, she was identifying every source of metal around her; and she noted several very, very useful ones indeed. The metal zippers on their pants, the metal pieces used in the construction of Umbra's armor, the tuning fork Soundmaster carried, the katana Umbra carried. And that was just the surface.

"I am going to give you both one chance. Leave now, don't come back. If you do not comply, I will end this fight with whatever means necessary."

OOC: I have two things to make note of. First, the presence of metal in the father box was verified with Bunda. Second... She means whatever means necessary. And there is no rule against killing PCs on the front page.

You have been warned.

IC:"Great. Let's go."Were the only words Samuel said, before he stepped off the edge of the building, much to the shock of his comrades. But when they looked over the side, they did not see what they expected; the lazy League member was standing a few yards below, perched on a square of blue light. After a pause, he created another one a yard or two lower down, dropping to it without hesitation. He looked up at the people still on the roof, and raised an eyebrow."Act lively now. I promise, the platform won't hurt you.""Much."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Seth tapped his earpiece. "Fact is, I'm not on Team business. Direct to the top. So please let me use my own judgment."

IC: Erika just hovered down.

"I know that I'm no fun, but I'd rather not burn my feet."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Mister Thirteen shrugged, then hopped down along the platforms. He'd usually just jump down, but that often ended up cracking the pavement. This way should avoid any unnecessary property damage at least.

IC: Professor Thirty-One was speeding past weeping civilians as he headed for one of his silence engines. He reasoned that whoever broke his device (it hadn't broken on its own, he'd designed them too well for that) would be headed next for the nearest machine to the one they'd already broken. So that's where he was going too. It should be too hard to set up an ambush and take them out once they got there

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"The power of imagination." Samuel deadpanned, jumping off of the platform to land on another that appeared in midair under him. The old platforms vanished as soon as no one was standing on them, gone as if they never existed. He glanced at Erika, and rolled his eyes slightly, grinning.

"Well pardon me, but not all of us can fly."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: I didn't realize how far Rhode Island is from DC. Driving was a bad idea. >_>itotallyforgotcanishadsportsmastergiveanunnamedmemberoftheunjustleagueafatherboxnowtodeviseacoverupyousawnothingADDITIONALLY: I said this in private but I'm just going to say it publicly. While Snark (or do you prefer Kray? Calling you the full Krayzikk is UNACCEPTABLE) isn't autohitting, really, he's strayed pretty close a couple times. So everyone just be aware of the autohitting rule. And two implied extensions of that rule:1) Take a hit when reasonable. That means pretty often. Constantly dodging your attacker's strikes is unrealistic (unless that's like, your power) and not how games like this are played.2) While killing is not exactly outlawed in the opening post, death's remain the character owner's decision. Unless, of course, it's punishment. Or if they get themselves into a really deadly situation and have no reasonable way out. Then if they don't kill their own character, a staffer will step in to demand a retcon or just ax the character theirself.Once again, no one's broken any rule as of yet (so far as I can see), so that's just a friendly PSA.IC / Zatanna Zatara / The WatchtowerZatanna appeared seemingly, but not actually, by magic next to Superboy. Her approach was simply quiet. "Calm down, Superboy. We can't keep the kids on a leash." She looked at the display. "Though I can see why you're worried. It looks like that girl really caused some damage." She paused for a moment and then said to Seth, "Timeshifter, are you sure you don't need assistance? You are dealing with an individual of unknown power and I'm sure we would all mourn for you if she woke up and turned you into a splatter on the sidewalk."IC / Lady White / KansasLady White became intangible, and the strike to her head passed through. But it hurt. It hurt bad. Something about the emotional energy could effect her, despite her death. She fell to her knees and shuddered.But through the fog of pain, she heard Magnon's order. She faded away. Hopefully now that she was nearly invisible, the Lantern would turn her attention to Magnon. Once she was fully distracted, the ghost would strike.IC / Ironwood / The WatchtowerAfter his observation of several practice fights, Ironwood retired to his room. It surprised him that given the number of members of the Justice League and the Team they were each afforded their own room, but the League seemed to have limitless resources. He wondered why they had never rebuilt the Hall of Justice. He knew, everyone knew, that it was just a facade to direct attention away from the then secret Watchtower, but he wondered if floating in their technological castle they were too far removed from the Earth below.But those thoughts were 'above his pay grade,' as they say.His room was full of plants and books on botany. He had never been particularly interested in plant life, and now his feelings towards it were more love-hate than anything. On one hand, he had a deep connection to plants. He could feel their presence, heal ill trees and literally sow seeds from his own being. But it was forced on him, and he resented it. It was like a sixth sense, constant awareness of Mother Nature. On Earth, he felt raw from overexposure. On the Watchtower, he felt numb, being so far out of his element.He flopped on his bed and took out a book, leaving the door open so he could watch people pass by. He liked people. At a distance.IC / Heliogram / Rhode IslandSoundsmith tossed a small device from hand to hand in the front passenger seat of the van. The group had just exited Happy Harbor and the roads looked empty. "So... long drive?" asked Heliogram. Soundsmith turned back to look at him. "Nope," he said clicking a button on the device. A bright light flashed in front of the car and a moment later they were on an altogether different stretch of empty highway, having seamlessly transitioned by way of father box."Well that's one way to save on gas," muttered Heliogram. "Why didn't we just boom tube straight into Cadmus?"This time Equalizer answered. "This is a covert mission. If we used the box in Cadmus, or even in DC itself, people would know. We've traveled to a stretch of road that doesn't see much traffic. It's not a long ride from here to our destination. We can boom tube out once we have the goods."

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC: Not again! Why did the people she fight keep vanishing! First that one at the crater, now this woman! Was it just how people died on this world? Did they fade away rather than leave a corpse? That hardly seemed fair...

She swiped at the air a few times, just making sure that there was no-one there, no-one to rip and tear and rend...

IC: Wild Fire was wise to be cautious, but he perhaps should have realised that being crouched did not make you invisible. And than running ahead of the rest of your team just made you isolated and easier to ambush...

Professor Thirty-One waited until the group entered the silence of the machine they were targeting before making his move. There would be less awkward noises and cries for help to alert the rest of them that way. He pooled out in liquid form along the ground, slithering under Wild Fire's feet before suddenly flowing upwards, submerging the hero in liquid metal

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Kray or Snark works. Many people use them interchangeably. :P

IC:

"That guy has clearly never seen a horror movie." Samuel said, as he continued his descent, watching Ricardo round the corner. A foolish move; none of the others had descended all the way. "Because the first rule is always to never split up.""Thirteen, Angel, we're not splitting up. We are, however, going to try and follow as quickly as we can. Hey, Angel. If I were to jump, think you could catch me?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Samuel paused in his descent, mulling over the answer for a moment. He'd made it roughly halfway down, which meant that if he fell, it would be a roughly five story drop to the pavement below. If Erika was wrong, he wouldn't have time to regret the decision. Though at the end of the day, due to one of his tricks, he was the only one that would have to deal with the consequences if he was wrong. So what it really came down to was one thing; How much was he willing to trust her word?

The gods of irony are laughing at her code name right now.

"Thirteen, I know for a fact that you can drop from this height. So get ready to drop. Angel... Do me a favor. Live up to your code name." After only a momentary pause, just enough time for Thirteen to make his preparations, the platforms vanished.

And Samuel Jade was plummeting toward the concrete below.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Erika swooped, trying to catch him.Funny thing about her gauntlets. They were calibrated to allow her enough power for flight, and save the rest in a battery. When they were suddenly put under stress that was over twice what they were used to, they did the logical thing.They released extra power for the few seconds it took Erika to land, amplifying the normal trail they normally deprived her of.Result?It looked, just for a few seconds, like she had wings of light.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

The wind sent Samuel's hair flying in every direction as the windows rushed by. And as they rushed by, the concrete rushed up to meet him. Four stories to go. Three. Two... And just as he started to suspect that his gamble hadn't paid off, he felt two arms slip under his shoulder, and his fall suddenly slow to a safe speed. And it was in that instant that, out of the corner of his eyes, he spotted two graceful wings of pure energy flare out to the sides.

The effect was only momentary, and an instant later, her felt his feet touch the ground. And a moment after that, he realized that the thumping sound he heard was not, in fact, a drum, but his own heart, beating at a mile a minute, only now starting to slow. That had been very, very close.

"Thank you." He said after a long pause, heart beginning to settle into a normal rate again. "Any by the way? The angel thing? For a moment there, you looked the part."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"That's uh, a neat little side effect, then." Samuel said, taking a step to the right once he realized that they were still quite close together. "Well, there goes the foot. Right into my mouth. Not for the first time today, mind."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Mister Thirteen dropped to the ground with a clang, small cracks spreading from the point of impact. Lightweight metal was still metal, and dropping into a three point landing like that was akin to smashing the asphalt with three hammers. Ah well, not as bad as it could be.

"Ahem," he said pointedly to the other two, "If you two could perhaps flirt when we're not on a mission? I mean, if you're going to force me to be the responsible one, we're screwed from the get-go." He gave a shiny smile to show he was still partly joking, not outright insulting

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"Right!" Samuel said suddenly, snapping back to the mission, and pivoting to hide the slight tinge of color that had started on his face. "Our most foolish member has rushed ahead. Hopefully, he hasn't ended up easy pickings for whatever it is that set this elaborate system up.""So let's get going, shall we?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Brother Norin [beijing]

The Blue Lantern began to slowly float down to the ground, using his power ring's powers to float him down to the ground. More people were starting to hope after having sound restored to them. He had been in pain while the devices were active, but he enjoyed pain, almost.

At least, that which came from his ring.

IC: Magnon [Kansas]

The fifty thousand year old ancestor of humanity ran towards the Red Lantern, and jumped through the air. He tried to punch his opponent.

GM IC: Superboy [Watchtower]

"That is why I am worried. That person is obviously a metahuman, which is why we care. In addition, do you see how she is wearing a lanyard? If you zoom in, you can see where it is from. Lexcorp."

"Considering you've murdered our father box- and yes, I mean murder, that thing was a sapient being- and you're preventing me from shadow porting, how am I supposed to leave?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:"The fundamental difference between a father box and a mother box is that the former is made on Apokolips. Thus, it is a servant of Darkseid. And I have no regrets for slaying a servant of Apokolips, and I highly doubt that it could be slain by a slight misalignment of a metal piece anyway. That would be far too fragile a creature."

"As for how you get out of here, you can do what everyone else does. Walk." Erze replied, a sarcastic edge to her voice. "You do remember how to walk, don't you? Shadowjumping hasn't made you too lazy?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Seth sighed in frustration. "So, me staying alive worries you? Thanks bunches. Ms. Zatara, if I need help, I'll call you."The chronokinetic put a finger to his earpiece, aging two specific parts. The locator and the sensory input. The only part left operable was the health pickup. If he started to get stressed or hurt, his heartrate would change, and they could see that.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:Without pausing to wait for a response, Samuel began moving again, jogging down the street. But unlike his predecessor, he was careful to stay within sight of his comrades. "Come on, we've got a fool to rescue.""The guy probably managed to walk straight into the big bad."

fK5oqYf.jpg

ic:the foolish firebug woke up to find himself trapped in liqiud metal. looks like the mastermind is a metal power user. he tried to make a fire, but the liquid kept him from that. "show yourself," said ricardo. "or are you just going to keep me here talking to myself like i got problems." gee, he's already in a problem right now.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: The punch slammed Alesiu into the ground, and for the second time in the day she found herself in the middle of a crater. Facedown, she was unable to see her attacker, but that didn't stop her snarling in rage. Without Lady White putting a block on her powers, they were starting to return, fuelled by her own fury and those of the civilians she'd been attacking who had nowhere to go after she'd wrecked their cars.

Her forcefield suddenly exploded outwards, a wall of hard light expanding like a bubble to throw back anyone around her and give her some room to get back on her feet

IC: As he'd walked into the area of soundlessness created by the next machine, Ricardo's words went unheard. Professor Thirty-One continued to envelop him, silently drowning him in gallium.

Was this the only hero? He wondered to himself. Had it just been one guy? If so, this was going to be easier than he thought

7AOYGDJ.jpg