RPG: Young Justice - Aftermath

Bundalings

IC:

Ricardo looked up to see Thirteen suspended in the air. He climbed up to him and gestured with his head as saying what's wrong. He then looked at his face and body. He seems to be injured, but he doesn't know how. If he felt cold, he could warm him up with a small flare.

He then extended his hand to say, Grab on to me. He would take Thirteen up to the roof top in which he can relax from the climb to muster some strength for walking.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Mister Thirteen shook his head. He appreciated the gesture, but he really didn't need help. He had a relatively minor injury, he wasn't crippled. If anything he should be offering to carry Wild Fire. He was the one who'd nearly been suffocated and boiled alive. Thirteen was amazed the guy was standing let alone climbing. Plus, with the whole "solid metal" thing making him way heavier than a human, Thirteen seriously doubted even a fit and healthy Wild Fire could have carried him. So he kept clambering upwards until he haled himself over the edge of the roof, and could scan the skyline for any more of the devious devices

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

By Samuel's own estimation, he'd been in the silent zone for ten minutes. But he could already feel the effects kicking in. His balance was a little off, and the mental strain was significant. Were it not for his concentration on the task at hand, it would be outright maddening. As the metal titan's charge began, his breathing had been heavy, erratic. His eyes were wide with the pupils dilated. For all intents and purposes, he looked exhausted, mentally and physically.

Which is why it was a shock when he collided with a wall of solid energy. It was barely strong enough to withstand the impact, but it wasn't intended to block him; with his current state of brittleness, and the speed at which he was running, it was entirely likely that the impact would cause structure damage. Samuel took the brief respite to straighten, and wipe the beads of sweat from his forehead.

He looked for all the world like a different person. He stood tall, rather than the slight slouch he usually appeared to possess. His eyes were alert and focused, his feet sliding into a stronger stance. He dropped the shield he had created, it had outlived its usefulness, and hurled a second disk, aiming for the center of his foe's chest. By this point, Thirty One was just a few yards away. And Samuel would prefer, if possible, to keep it that way.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Rick gave a nod, and followed Thirteen up to the roof. He stood tall, taking in the air to help relieve him of the deprivation.He scanned the rooftops just like Thirteen was doing. He made sure to grasp every bit of detail from the skyline.

IC:

Ghost finished cleaning the barrel, and began to put it back. He began to have the feeling that something was going to happen, then again he always felt like that. But just in case, he walked over to the best spot for cover and fire. Once he made himself comfortable, he turned of the laser sights on the A-91. Can't be too careful.

OOC: I have no idea if this counts as meta-gaming.

Edited by Flaredrick: the Sniper

OOC:Does it count as meta-gaming? Not really.Does it count as god-modding? Yes. You can't just activate a camouflage ability. IC: Red Prince [Watchtower]'What, having school or being the king's relative?'

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Oxide, inside Cadmus base, night

Derek Warren was, in a word, bored. Being stuck on guard duty while you're the only living result of a highly volatile genetic research project can do that to you. He held his silenced Glock 22 close to his chest as he idly paced the hallway labeled BIOTECH RESEARCH. He was an elite agent, not some rent-a-cop that kept test tubes and petri dishes safe from whatever sort of person would bother to steal test tubes and petri dishes.

Yes, tonight was going to be a long night.

67tlbk.png

IC: The energy disk hissed right through Thirty-One's chest, exploding in a puff of crystalline powder as it exited the other side. But through the cavity now piercing the Professor's torso Sam and Erika could see droplets of silver dripping down from top to bottom...Indeed, similar liquid metal was oozing out from all the cracks that had been put in the mad genius' body after the impact with the wall. Coming from his centre, this couldn't just be the readjustment in pressure. No, this was specifically due to the recent blockade Sam had pulled. The crash with the wall and the shuddering and fracturing within Thirty-One's metallic frame had created a lot of cracks that were, even now, crackling together as he moved. Creating friction. Which created heat. At this rate the supervillain would be liquid again far faster than Sam or the aforementioned villain had expected.

Thirty-One grabbed a couple of arms that had fallen on the ground after snapping off in the impact and swung them in two broad arcs at Sam. If the hero tried created another wall, the arms were swinging wide enough to go round it and hit him anyway. Thirty-One was hoping to force him into created a proper dome

IC: Mister Thirteen tapped Wild Fire on the shoulder and pointed to a noticeable blot a couple of rooftops away. He made a sweeping bow to suggest Wild Fire go first to destroy the machine. He had promised him he could explode it after all

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:Samuel crouched low as the blows flew towards him, oval shields blocking the parts that he couldn't dodge. At first glance, this seemed to be only an evasive maneuver, meant to get him out of the way of the attack. But it served a far more significant purpose.

He's melting. Which means I need to break him up fast. Even as he ducked, his eyes were staring at the target's chest, searching for faults, cracks. There. Upper left of the center of the torso, a point where several cracks and fissures met. The point of greatest vulnerability. With his foe's arms still extended from the attack, only a few moments had passed, after all, he sprang into action.

The secondary purpose of the crouch was similar to that of a coiled spring; extra force. A cone of energy, tapering into a fine, lance-like point, appeared around his right arm as he pushed off, extending his legs, driving the point of the lance directly towards the weak point.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

He gave a nod and began to run along the rooftops to destroy it. He didn't want to be too close to it, because of shrapnel. He was just one rooftop away, and the machine was right there. He then lit up his fists and opened them, revealing fire shooting out from them. He then began to create balls of fire on both hands.

When they reached the level he wanted, Wild Fire threw both fire balls at the machine.

IC: The lance struck through the Professor's torso, sending flakes of drips of the supervillain's metallic substance flying out from the wound, spraying out from both exit and entry wounds. Sam caught a cloud of gallium right to the face as his momentum carried him towards Thirty-One.
That was going to turn out to be a bit of a problem.
The material, while separated from the main body, was still technically part of Thirty-One, so he still had some level of influence over it. Not much, but enough. Any solid parts were melted by Sam's own body heat, and the metal quickly spread out to cover his face in a silvery mask notably devoid of airholes. That was as far as the Professor's influence ran, but it didn't need to go further. The mask clung to Sam's skin through its own inherent properties; gallium could wet to skin, bonding to it like an adhesive on the atomic level. It wasn't fused permanently to his skin or anything, but it was certainly cloying enough to give the man some serious trouble
IC: When the fireballs hit the machine, steam began to hiss from various vents as whatever chemicals were being used for the refrigeration overheated...and promptly exploded.
As Mister Thirteen watched the machine go up in a plume of smoke he reflected on how good it was to actually hear the thing go boom

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: A gauntlet covered hand was put on the back of Thirty-One's head.The metal on the palms was made out of Tungsten, because of the need to resist extreme temperatures. No gallium damage.Erika fired, pumping the pure power of the sun into Thirty One's metal head. The temperature started to rise extremely rapidly, her ultraviolet laser burning into the supervillain's chrome dome.The gallium would boil a thousand degrees Kelvin before her equipment got soft.At this rate, he'd vaporize quickly.OOC: autohit granted by Adders

Edited by The Fourteenth Doctor

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Samuel's reaction, all things considered, was a very level-headed one. In this instant that the gallium began to fly towards his face, the end of the lance shifted, developing rear-facing barbs. The young man took a swift step back, pulling his arm with him, causing some additional damage to the wound as he did so. A curved forcefield, almost opaque, appeared in front of him, protecting him from his foe.

Now, lack of oxygen was starting to get to him. The construct vanished from his hand, replaced by a simple covering on the bottom of his hand. If the metal stuck to his face, it could stick to the skin of his hand. He gripped the edge of the "mask", biting back a growl of pain as he pulled it off. The connection wasn't too strong; closer to a strong variety of duct tape than anything else. Hurt like a son of a gun, but no real damage.

That done, he blinked, and took several breaths. He needed to get back to fighting the metal man...

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: One of the benefits of being pure metal, one both Thirteen and Thirty-One shared, was a lack of internal organs. It meant they weren't going to suffer punctured lungs, or bleeding kidneys, or even something mundane like appendicitis. And in this particular instance it meant no brain to be melted away by high-temperature headshots. The Professor remained perfectly alive despite what passed his head currently trickling down his ankles.

Alive, but in serious pain.

Even his metallic form couldn't shrug off the effects of that kind of heat. Fortunately that very same heat radiating outwards completed the liquefaction of his body, allowing him to completely forgo all attempt at a human form. Put simply, he melted. He dropped down to the ground as a silver puddle to escape the heat of the blast, and swiftly started flowing away around to Erika's feet. She wouldn't be able to fire without blasting her own legs off. And then he started sliding up her boots...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:A shield erupted between the mass of Thirty One's body, and the amount of metal that had already reached Erika's feet, effectively bisecting the metal puddle. The shield keeping Samuel from Thirty one had fallen as well, allowing him an easily look at the amorphous mass before him.

"I am going to give you a very, very simple choice, you gallium based cretin." The words were quiet, but not from any artificially induced cause. Thirteen and Wild Fire had seen to that. No, this was a quiet, barely contained rage. "As I'm sure you guessed, this isn't a fight that we have to win. We just have to keep this up until our colleagues finish destroying your machines.""I would be willing to bet that the government is getting ready to hand over your ransom. So I am going to give you one chance to leave. Leave, collect your money, and don't come back. Because if you do, or you don't take this chance, I will make your life miserable for the rest of your days."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: The puddle on the ground rippled, and a rudimentary mouth appeared on the surface. Thirty-One was still too warm to form solid shapes.

"Even if your two colleagues were here the pyrokinetic's powers are ineffective and personality too crude to be of any threat to me. As for that aluminium airhead, well, he can't even touch without being corroded into something akin to tissue paper. Your plan of sending them to destroy my machines is sound in theory, but as they have to cover a city of six and a half thousand square miles looking for only ten more I don't think its a plan they're going to accomplish quickly. I'm fairly confident that, with my current hold on your remaining ally, I could break something crucial. Her bone structure appears to be reminiscent of terrestrial humans, so I'd only need snap a few toes or twist her ankle to cripple her and effectively put her out of the fight. You have demonstrated that you are unable to contain me even at the peak of your power, and the strains you've taken over the course of this skirmish have rather taken their toll, if the decreasing complexity of your constructs is any judge. I do not think you have it in you to create another of those admittedly impressive vacuum traps. So, if you please, refrain from making threats. Threats are for people who actually hold the upper hand. And you, I'm afraid, do not hold the upper hand." The mouth became rather stricter, more of a straight-line at this point, "I do. So enough bluffs about being the Bad Cop in an effort to save face. It is insulting to both my intelligence and yours. Since you have realised this entire pugilistic affair is nothing more than stalling tactics until I am paid, I suggest that you retreat. The machines automatically self-destruct once they receive confirmation the ransom has been paid, at which point I will happily leave. If you feel standing doing nothing is not heroic enough then I'm sure there's some car crash you an go help the victims of."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Erika bit her lower lip and thought for a second. Why was he turning into silver powder around the laser burns?There were only two things that were likely to have caused it: the heat from the blast or the ultraviolet blasts from her gauntlets.Both could be applied at the same time.She boosted, feet tugging at and then pulling out of her boots, finishing her ascent about ten feet up, and then beginning one long laser blast at Thirty-One. As the metal heated up, it would start to form into a silvery powder. Gallium oxide. OOC: From Professor Wiki: "At room temperature, gallium metal is unreactive towards air and water due to the formation of a passive, protective oxide layer. At higher temperatures, however, it reacts with oxygen in the air to form gallium(III) oxide."

Edited by The Fourteenth Doctor

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Oh, the alien could fly? He possibly should have expected that, there did seem to be rather a lot of aliens with the power of self-powered flight. As soon as she had slipped out of her boots he pulled back underneath the shield Sam had created. The flight had taken him by surprise, but he knew full well she had energy-based offensive capabilities. She'd already blasted him once, it was entirely possible she had the power to completely boil him.

She really was a bit of a cretin, attacking while her teammate proposed peace. When you were making the supervillain look trustworthy, it was possibly time to reconsider your role as a hero

IC: "Should we split up?" Mister Thirteen suggested, "There are, what, ten more of these things to find? And there doesn't seem to be any more security than that guy back there." He rubbed his injured hand in a manner that managed to be both sub-conscious and self-conscious at the same time, "We have a lot of ground to cover and its not like it takes both of us to break one machine."

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Marshall loaded both of his pistols, readying them for combat. As per orders, he wouldn't rush in with guns blazing, but it couldn't hurt to keep them prepared.

"Should I scout ahead?" he asked, cracking his knuckles with a smirk.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

GM IC: Equalizer [Cadmus Facility]

"First, we wait for Heliogram to step up to the plate and cast his illusion on us." The young member of the Unjust League heard this and made a carefully made hologram around the others. They now appeared to be regular, run of the mill Cadmus scientists. Equalizer said, "I parked the van so we wouldn't be noticed after we got out. We go in, go to the lab with the nanobots, get them into a transportable container, and boom tube out." The oldest of the Unjust took out a briefcase and showed the contents. A round container and a Father Box were inside.

"No one has to even know we were there."

IC: Blue Lantern [beijing]

The member of the Blue Lanterns had been watching the two destroy the sonic device, and then decided to speak.

"Hello. I am Norin Gar of the Blue Lanterns, fellow Leaguer. I have an idea that can destroy the sonic absorption devices easily. My powers are limited, but I am creative with them. I can activate my protective aura, fly up above the sound nullifiers and then stop flying. I will fall down very quickly, and like a meteorite, crash into the devices."

For an alien, Norin's English was incredibly good. Maybe it was due to the fact he wasn't actually speaking English.

IC: Red Prince [Watchtower]

'I guess it would be for the other kids. Then again, we do spend less of our lives, percentage wise in school than you do. I got out of school about six years ago, at an age comparable to nine. We Martians age three time slower than humans.'

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:But Thirty One's cover vanished as quickly as it had arrived.

Samuel hung back, keeping a reasonable distance between himself and Thirty One. His power was at the ready, in case he or Erika required a shield. But it was quite clear that right now, the Solar Angel's powers were the most effective.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Oh hey there." Mister Thirteen had no idea who this was, but he didn't remember him from the Justice League meetings. Kind of looked like the Green Lanterns though...only bluer. "You couldn't do something more...long range, could you? Smashing them one at a time makes you just as slow as us."

IC: The shield had bought Thirty-One a few moments of time, and he had decided to make use of them. When you had an enemy bombarding you from above, you didn't just sit there and take it. He flowed across the ground, making sure to spread himself out into a wide pool. It meant he was more likely to be hit, but any hit he did incur would have less impact after hitting less of him, and the greater surface area allowed him to dissipate heat faster. He sped along the asphalt, heading not directly towards Sam, but to a bunch of nearby civilians all starting to recover from the mass deafening but still to shaky to stand. Risk of collateral damage should stop the alien just glassing the area, though he needed something to distract the heroes completely.

A pseudopod of liquid gallium shot out of the main body, wrapping round a streetlight. The metal pole greyed and crumpled in the tendril's grip, the gallium corroding it into the consistency of damp cardboard, and started toppling down, severed wires crackling, upon the helpless citizens. Since that wasn't going to do much to deter someone with hard light powers, Professor Thirty-One severed a few more lights, the same wide area he'd built up moments ago allowing him to reach many at once. They all toppled in a line like steel trees, raining metal spikes and shattered glass down on the people below

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"I kinda agree. You and me can both take them out from afar with your light formations, or whatever the Lantern's ring power gives off, and my fire."

Rick really had little knowledge about the Lanterns, and only knows that they are aliens (or humans) whose power comes from a ring. And they can make anything with their mind, in which the ring forms it. At least, that's what he knows.

IC: Blue Lantern [beijing]

"I don't spend a lot of time on Earth. There are other planets, like Mars and Ungara in the sector. I spend a lot of time on Odym." Norin looked at Wildfire and said, "Blue Lantern rings are different. We don't have construct generation most of the time."

"But I can destroy them quicker. If a descend at an angle, I can pick up more speed, and then I can alter my path to start slamming into them as fast as I can in a rapid fashion."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Oxide, Inside Cadmus Facility, Night

Derek was almost relieved when his earpiece chirped to inform him of a lapse in the mundane goings-on of the night.

"Alert, unidentified vehicle on approach, over," a voice in his ear told him.

Finally, a chance to actually do something.

"Er, wait, scratch that. Vehicle has Cadmus markings, over."

...Or maybe not. Derek allowed himself a disappointed sigh and continued on his patrol.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC:But the glass never reached its destination.

Samuel, alert for the next move, had created an angled shield to send the debris sliding to the ground, rather than raining onto the people below. It was relatively easy to do; the construct was large, but it was simplistic, allowing him to maintain it with less effort than others.But there was one very, very large drawback to spreading out one's mass, particularly for Thirty One, as Erika was about to demonstrate.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Erika kept firing, drawing a weaving pattern across Thirty One. At this point he was hot enough to make the oxidization near instant, and she cut her into three sections. He could reform, but slicing would hurt.And the oxidization was speeding up. To spread out that far he'd given up much of the protective layer that normally protected gallium from the process, meaning Erika didn't have to do it all.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Given the oxide layer is something on an atomic scale not, like, a gel he's slathered in, pretty sure that spreading out isn't going to do squat to remove it :P

IC: And thats where the duo's lack of organisation had fallen into Thirty-One's hands again. He'd noticed they were dangerous when planning, so had quickly concocted a plan where they'd act on instinct rather than use some brainpower. And they'd done exactly what he wanted them to and more besides. Putting a shield over the civilians rather than himself allowed the Professor, who had been moving steadily towards Sam while snapping the lights, to make a final leap, molten metal leaping through the air towards the hero. Even if he didn't hit, the convection from the heat he was giving off should provide a little extra trouble.

The way the two heroes were acting separately from each other also gave him a few unexpected bonuses. The aerial bombardment severing him in three at the last moment meant that there were now three parts of him flying through the air in a surge of silver, acting on the last thoughts before they'd been sliced apart. They were bound to splash around any shield the hero raised, should he notice his peril and be able to focus enough to put one up in time.

The second benefit was also to do with shields. Because Same had brought up a large construct to defend the civilians, it was also covering Thirty-One, who had been in the same area after all to bring down the street lights in the first place. He was once more provided with cover from the airborne alien's attacks

IC: "He can only destroy them quicker if he can find them quicker," Mister Thirteen shrugged, "He's kind of in the same boat we are really. But an extra set of powers would come in handy, we do have a whole city to cover."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

GM IC: Unjust League in Cadmus [Cadmus]

The group walked forward, towards the entrance of the facility. A guard was sitting in his guard post. The holograms flashed blurry ID cards at him, and the guard was too tired to notice. He pressed a button, and the group was inside Cadmus.

They walked over to a board and looked at it. One slip of paper appeared, and then Heliogram's image turned to a scientist. He asked, "Where is the nanobot lab? Just got transferred there." The scientist pointed along, and the group walked down.

They walked down, and then Heliogram tripped. He fell over, and the illusions vanished. Equalizer kicked him and yelled, "cool dude! Now they know we're going to steal the nanobots!" The young Unjust Leaguer responded, "Actually, before you said that, they didn't know what we were going to steal."

OOC:

Cadmus members may now respond to the mission.

GM IC: Superboy [Watchtower]

Kon-El turned to Zatanna. "The Justice League mole in Cadmus just contacted us. The Unjust League is there, and trying to steal some nanobots. I'm assembling a team to go and stop this." Superboy leaned over to a microphone and said, "Alchemist, Red Prince and Ironwood, Zeta to Cadmus now."

OOC:

The Team may now respond to the mission.

GM IC: Vandal Savage [Warworld]

"Our mole inside Cadmus has contacted us. How should we respond."

"Yes Teekl, I think it is. That's the same one thats pretending to be a mole for the Leagues, isn't it?"

"It is. But how should we respond."

"Send the press. The world must know about the Unjust League and the Team."

"Excellent suggestion, Darksied. Your genius must be a great tool when ruling Apokolips."

OOC:

Non-existant reporter characters may now respond to the mission.

Alchemist has leadership of a squad in the Team, as there are no non-GM characters on the Team participating in this mission. Kaithis's is off some where.

Slight and Runewalker are to compete for squad leadership in the Unjust League.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Think of a way to contact him. He's around. In new york. With time manipulation. Speed isn't a factor.IC: Alexandra's scythe flashed to life, freezing the air around it as she muttered something in Runic."Would both of you please shut your mouths before you give away anything else, like our secret identities?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Slight face-palmed, groaning. "You are kidding me." Both guns were brandished instantly, and the teen dissapeared with a "snap." He reappeared behind the guard who had checked their IDs. After the metallic sound of a knife slicing through the air and a yell, said guard slumped back. Slight was gone again, then appearing with the group.

"Give me the location of the nanos," he said, with a tone best described as irritable, "I'll be in and out in minutes."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Oxide, inside Cadmus facility

What looked like smoke billowed out of a vent not far from the Unjust Leaguers, but rather than lingering around near the roof like commonplace smoke, it decided to condense into a cloud near the floor. In the blink of an eye, the cloud was replaced by Field Agent Oxide, silenced Glock 22 and all. Five quiet, metallic coughs sent five bullets towards the would-be thieves before the masked guard dissolved into his gaseous form once more.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png