RPG: Young Justice - Aftermath

Bundalings

IC:"If they don't know how to operate their own Zeta Tube, I'm not sure how they got this far." He replied, stretching slightly. It was odd; his demeanor outside of the mission was almost completely different from when the mission was occurring. He moved lazily, as if even putting in the energy to move was too much effort. Where during the mission he had seemed alert, it was now questionable whether he would notice an enemy right in front of his face,

"Shall I activate the thing, and get us back? Pretty sure it's like, midnight back home. Not a time for people like me to be up and about."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Oxide

Oxide cocked his head as he received a transmission from some of the guards about to confront the Unjust Leaguers.

"The intruders have been spotted," he announced over comms. "They're on a flight of stairs near the floor where the nanos are being stored. I'm moving out."

He dissipated and headed into the vents, but didn't go directly for the intruders. Instead, he stopped by the armory along the way, picking up a MAC-11, some magazines, and two flashbang grenades.

A minute later, he joined the guards near the stairwell door with his pistol in one hand and a flashbang in the other.

67tlbk.png

OOC: Note, I have no idea how the tubes actually operate on the return trip. So really, I'm making this up whole cloth. :P

IC:

Samuel fished the recall device out of his pocket, after a moment of searching. It was small, about the size of a garage door opener, with a single button on it. It was standard procedure for deployed teams to take at least one or two, in case they needed to escape without having access to a tube entry point. It reversed the transportation, bringing those who activated it back to their original departure point. The young man rested a hand on Erika's shoulder, and pressed the button, causing both of them to vanish into thin air.

Idly, the device was tossed into a basket on the Zeta Tube console.

"Well, that was fun. And there's my good deed for the day." The notoriously lazy League member started walking towards the door, raising a hand as if to wave goodbye. "You lot go have the poor excuse for what passes as a post-mission party up here. I'm gonna go sleep.""This event messed up my schedule."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Hey Canis, a few questions. First off, is the Team still outside the Cadmus facility? Secondly, no matter where they are, can we have a description of their surroundings? I'm not entirely sure how to proceed with no description of the base's exterior. Is it disguised as another building? Or is it a standard military base..?

IC:

"They're probably inside, can you pinpoint them?" Trinity asked, trying to find a way in.

IC:"In that case, g'night."Samuel replied, pausing just long enough to look back and deliver the farewell, before stepping out of the Zeta Tube room. His strides were fairly slow, uniform in their energy efficiency, each one carrying him a bit deeper into the Watchtower. If anyone were to follow him, or even listen, for that matter, they would know that his course was taking him towards the member's quarters. But at a crucial section, those footsteps paused.

He glanced about him, making sure no one was looking, before he turned right, away from the hallway that led to his room. His footsteps became significantly quieter, as if he was trying not to be heard. Not that he needed to worry too much. By this time of night, most of the Team members were in their quarters sleeping, as were the live-in League members. The only exceptions would be those monitoring the security systems. Finally, he stopped before a set of doors, and slipped through them, quiet as a ghost.

The Watchtower was equipped with a fully functional holographic training room, meant to serve multiple purposes, and offer a wide variety of training simulations. But less anticipated is the room connected to it; a fully functional gym, outfitted with every piece of fitness equipment the mind could imagine. After all, before one worked with combat scenarios, they needed to be a semblance of physically fit first.

And it was here that Samuel began. A treadmill for fifteen minutes of cardiovascular activity, before a visit to the weight machines. His muscles burned after only a few repetitions, but he pressed on, continuing his routine. Once a day, every day, without fail. That was his philosophy. In light of his previous activities, however, he did cut down on the quantity, Three sets of ten repetitions, instead of the usual five. He wasn't quite sure how much time went by before he finished, he had taken his watch off when he entered. Not that it really mattered. As long as he left before the early risers, there wasn't a problem.

With his warm ups done, he stepped out into the main room. The training room had been soundproofed quite carefully, and for obvious reasons; no one wanted the sound leaking out into the rest of the tower when people were trying to work. And it was due to this, and this alone, that he could work at night with no one the wiser. Well, not quite no one. There were still cameras. Chances are the head honchos knew about his routine, and chances are it was the only reason he'd been bumped off of the Team. Idly, he slid his iPod onto a universal docking station, bringing up his favorite playlist as he keyed in the scenario he wanted.

As music began to flow through the room, the simulation appeared. Nothing too complicated. An obstacle course, making full use of the room's capabilities. It stretched on for several dozen yards, and Samuel knew that once he reached the other side and began to come back it would increase in difficulty. So it was best not to put it off. The young man broke into a run, jumping onto the first stage; a narrow beam, suspended several feet above the ground. He ran across it quickly, not slowing as he ducked down to pass under a rapidly appearing beam. He turned to the side and continued as a mock blade swung at his side, missing by inches.

A few jumps, rolls, and close calls later, he reached the other side, panting heavily.

"C'mon Samuel, this is just round one. What's wrong with you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Wha-"Samuel turned rapidly, pausing midway through his second run just in time for a revolving beam to slam into his side, hurling him to the floor. Emitting a groan, he propped himself up on an elbow, and looked towards the door.

"What, Erika? What are you doing here? Knew what?" There was a brief pause, as it finally clicked in his mind. "Simulation turned on by itself. Darn thing interrupted my nap."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just got the wind knocked out of me for a second there." Samuel pushed himself into a sitting position, glancing at Erika with an eyebrow raised. "As for what I was doing, as I think you witnessed, the Lazy Bugger decided to try a training sim.""The results were predictably along the lines of failure. I should probably stick to what I'm good at."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Erika sighed. "I don't think so. One way to tell-"She kissed Sam.There was a long, long pause wherein Samuel simply stared blankly. It was almost as if someone had run a magnet over the computer that was his mind, and it was taking time to recover from the catastrophic system failure that resulted."Um. What just happened?"Erika poked Sam in the nose. "I read your mind. And I knew it. You train here every night."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

There was a second long pause, during which Samuel twice opened his mouth, as if about to speak, before closing it again. The aforementioned systems failure had apparently not yet finished, as he found himself out of the witty comebacks he was so accustomed to making.

"... You cheated."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Well, cat's out of the bag now. Yes, I practice here nightly. That may or may not have something to do with why I spend every day sleeping." Samuel sighed slightly, rotating his right shoulder slightly. It was the one he hit when he landed, and it wouldn't be inaccurate to say it was rather sore. "And I think it might be a bit overly optimistic to say that the quiet, not-so-snarky version is the most accurate.""And," He said, rolling his eyes slightly, his tone amused. "I would have though kissing someone just to determine if they're being truthful was obviously against the rules."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Awkwardly, Samuel cleared his throat, his cheeks tinged with red. "Um, I didn't get the chance to thank you earlier. For catching me, I mean. Being a pancake on the pavement would not exactly have been my idea of fun.""And the wings thing was really cool."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Erika turned even redder."Thanks, but I had no idea it would do that. For all I knew there were gonna be two pancakes.""Thanks for the shielding, too. I wouldn't have been able to save those people..."She bit her bottom lip. "Um, tomorrow morning..."

Edited by The Fourteenth Doctor

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:"There was only ever going to be one splat on the ground." Samuel commented, blinking after a moment when he realized that the comment had been spoken aloud. "As for the shields... Hey, I had to do something useful. Just a shame the T-2 got away.""And what about tomorrow morning?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Oh."The response was slightly delayed, accompanied by a blink, and an almost imperceptible reddening of his face. He clasped his hands on his lap, blinking again as he processed the question.

"Sure. Why not?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Um." This time, Samuel's face turned a shade of bright red, and he blinked again. Once again, he was at a loss as to what he wanted, or needed, to say, try as he might to figure it out. "One day, I'll manage to retain my ability to speak when that happens.""But apparently that day isn't today."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Many adjectives have been applied over the years, but I think that's a new one." Samuel blinked again, blush not yet fading. "Geez, why is it that my vocabulary suddenly shrinks at the worst possible moment."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC:

The Cadmus facility is a normal scientific research place. It has labs and such.

IC: Blue Lantern [beijing]

Norin Gar rose up from the air, entering the smog level. Then, he saw a blue light, floating. He floated over to it to find Brother Bellamy. "Brother Bellamy! What are you doing here? It is good to see you!"

IC: Red Prince [Cadmus]

J'Azzon reached out with his mind, scanning the facility. 'Found them. Follow me.'

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:"...""If both of our vocabularies have shrunk, we might need to work on communication." Samuel grinned at the remark, finally relocating his sense of wit. "Because that might be problematic."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: (Alchemist, Cadmus Facility interior):

"Alright, I'm making an entrance. Hopefully they wont mind," Alchemist declared, She went to the doors, placing her hand on one and muttering, "Quod natura imperfecta reliquerit, non possum perficere."

She averted her gaze as the glass forming the interior of the door became a small replica of the globe, and fell to the floor. She stepped inside, waiting for Prince to lead the way.

IC:

"Not too fond of your parents?" Samuel asked, turning his head slightly to look at her. After a moment's thought, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders in a half-hug. "I got along with mine pretty well. Might be because I wasn't living with them by the time the whole "teenager" thing kicked in."

"Though Bats had words for me a few times. Supes normally just gave me a look."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Samuel was silent for a long, long moment, processing what he just heard. He turned in place slightly, shifting so that he could reach her more easily, and hugged her quietly, resting a hand on her back.

"I'm sorry."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Neither of those are justification." Samuel replied, hugging her slightly tighter. "A bad relationship between parent and child is one thing, but to not even report you missing... Frankly, that's horrible."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Don't the combination of those weapons far exceed his weight limit for oxidation

IC:

Slight backed up, smirking. "Means a lot, Runes." He eyed her staff cautiously, raising an eyebrow. "And what does that do?" he asked, somewhat confused. He took a smoke bomb from his pocket, tossing it out into the hall through the hole he'd made. "There's some cover for you."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: "They-they might have been paid a lot to not-"Erika laughed quietly. "I don't know why I'm defending them. Doing a shabby job of it too."IC: Alexandra shrugged. "Oh, nothing."She swung, and the door shattered on impact, pieces scattering into the hall behind as she jumped back behind the wall, breathing heavily."Just pure, destructive energy."

BZPRPG Profiles