The Watchtower - Young Justice Discussion

Bundalings

Like military wise. Like when snipers use camouflage clothes and other things from their environment to make themselves look like a piece of the environment they are in. Then they find the target and squeeze the trigger and get out of there like nothing happened. Also fixed the errors.

Also by alternate universe character, I mean from this universe we are in, in the RPG.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Um, Bundalings? In his history, it says he has the skill to camouflage himself, but this is never mentioned in his Abilities.

Sometimes I'm bad at reading.

I'd need to see an explanation of how the character got to universe 16 before approving of it.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Flaredrick, you can't make this alternate reality character. Not because of the rules, but you already have four characters, which is the limit. To create this character, you must kill off another, or shelf one.Camoflagre is an ability, and must be listed.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Alias: Alchemist

Name: Trinity Evans

Age: 16Faction: The TeamAlignment: Neutral GoodEquipment/Abilities: Innate magical ability of 'Alchemy', or simply put, matter conversion. This ability allows Trinity to take an object in the solid state of matter, and re-shape it to form something else. Also has experience in sciences such as chemistry, and mechanical science. Weaknesses: Alchemy takes concentration, an can be exhausting when performed under combat, and when rapidly using this ability. Naivety can get the better of her, showing a side of her that doesn't seem to get the point trying to be made. Trinity is also very gullible.Appearance: A blond-haired girl with dark green eyes. Her hair is almost always pulled back into a single braid. Wears an olive military jumpsuit (jumpsuit is cut to her size).

Personality: Relaxed, curious, and quite naive. Overtly optimistic, and enjoys seeing the light side to things. Doesn't understand anything outside of her expertise in mechanics and science, and is often amazed when shown something she has never seen before.Origin: Trinity Evans claims that she has had a quite normal life. Oddly enough, it's hard to validate this story. Trinity Evans lacks a birth certificate, and other records. When approached about this, she'll ask what a birth certificate is. The popular belief on Trinity's origins is that she is an amnesiac with no memory of her past, and now has a new identity. Whatever the case, Trinity lacks any sort of ill will towards anyone, and shows more interest in using her powers to provide resources, fix things that her fellow members require, or in rarer cases, actual serve as back-up on missions. If anyone asks her about her role on The Team, Trinity would say she's having the best time in her life.

I thought of it as, she would take a stone, and be able to turn it into an object with the same mass and weight as the stone. Of course, the new object would be made out of the same stone that it was originally formed from. She can't change an object's properties, such as changing sodium to potassium. That stone is still a stone, just reshaped.

I know you guys are busy, but is there any word on when the Unjust League plot will continue?

Bundalings was handling this, but he seems to be absent from the game recently, so I can take over it. He did send me his plans for the mission, so I can use those.

I thought of it as, she would take a stone, and be able to turn it into an object with the same mass and weight as the stone. Of course, the new object would be made out of the same stone that it was originally formed from. She can't change an object's properties, such as changing sodium to potassium. That stone is still a stone, just reshaped.

As long as she is not able to turn anything into a complex object, approved.

By complex, I mean electronics and the like, not something with ornate designs on it.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Hello all. I'm a fan of Young Justice, so I thought I'd give this a shot:Alias: OxideName: Derek WarrenAge: 27Faction: CadmusAlignment: Lawful NeutralEquipment/Abilities: Derek possesses the ability to dissipate his own mass as well as up to three pounds (roughly one and a half kilograms) of additional matter into a gaseous state and re-form himself and that matter as they were before dissipating. He must be in direct contact with any additional matter to dissipate it, and he cannot dissipate portions of masses larger than three pounds, nor can he dissipate or re-form any additional matter while he remains in a gaseous state. He primarily uses this power to transport himself quickly across long distances, though his speed is limited to approximately 75 miles per hour (~121 km/h). He can remain in this form indefinitely, though without any other substance to "push" himself along (I.e. in a vacuum), he is incapable of movement.On the not-so-superhuman side of things, Derek is quite versed in the use of most conventional firearms. He has received some training in close-quarters combat, though he isnt a master at it. He typically carries a Glock 22 pistol, a silencer for said pistol, and a combat knife, though the amount of other equipment he can carry is limited for obvious reasons.Weaknesses: While in his gaseous form, Derek is still subject to the laws of physics, meaning he can still be set aflame, trapped within airtight spaces, liquified or frozen at sufficiently low temperatures, etc. In addition, he needs all or most of his mass to re-form his human form, and if he is sufficiently diffused, he can be rendered incapable of re-forming entirely. Finally, any injuries sustained in his human form will still be present no matter how many times he dissipates for at least as long as it would to naturally heal such injuries.Appearance: Derek's 5'6" frame is lined with thick muscles. His skin is unusually pale, and his eyes are gray. His hair is cut very short, but it is typically covered by a wool ski mask with two eyeholes. He wears dark grey combat gear on missions and occasionally a headset or a pair of sunglasses depending on the occasion.Origin: Before he gained his powers, Derek served on Cadmus's security detail. He was selected to take part in a top-secret experiment to replicate the effects of Lex Luthor's soft drink and imbue ordinary humans with the Meta-gene, and willingly allowed himself to be subjected to several doses of various chemicals and types of radiation. Finally, after nearly a month spent in the facility's infirmary, his body seemingly disappeared. He re-formed later, having spent nearly an hour in the facility's ventilation system in his gaseous form. He was immediately put through a rigorous training program with a few of Cadmus's other enhanced soldiers, and now acts as one of their field agents.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

Um, Kaithas, couple of questions about your post. Firstly, doesn't the memory transfer thing require skin on skin contact? Could someone with better knowledge of the Tameraneans clarify whether it would work through boots or metal gauntlets?

Secondly, the heat you'd need to raise gallium to to get it to oxidise is at least 250 degrees, and since Erika doesn't seem to have any heat reisistance powers are you sure thats something you want to put on her feet? :P

7AOYGDJ.jpg

There seems to be a suspicious lack of Kyle Rayner.

Anyway, profile time!

~~~

Alias: Brother Bellamy (Blue Lantern)

Name: Louis Bellamy

Faction: The Team

Alignment: Neutral Good

Equipment/Abilities:

Blue Lantern Ring: Like the many members of the various Lantern Corps, Louis wields a power ring to assist him in protecting the people of Earth. However, the powers of a Blue Lantern Ring are surprisingly limited compared to other variations of the rings - much of its power requires the presence of a Green Lantern nearby in order to be used. By itself, it can only provide the ability to fly and create a protective aura, although said aura can be manipulated slightly to augment one's strength or create a larger shield, although such uses are only defensive.

When in proximity to a Green Lantern Ring, the Blue Lantern Ring's full potential is unlocked, allowing it to utilise the usual abilities of power rings (the creation of energy constructs), along with others that are unique to it - such as healing wounds (to the extent of regenerating lost body parts), negatively impact rings that operate on the opposing side of the emotional spectrum (it can neutralise the corruption of red rings, prevent the energy-stealing powers of the orange rings and drain power from yellow rings), and scan the minds of others to create illusions based on their hopes and dreams.

The Blue Lantern Ring is also capable of charging a Green Lantern Ring to twice its maximum power level, and can work effectively without recharging by feeding off the hopes of other people, and can give its wielder precognitive visions.

Weaknesses: As a Blue Lantern, Louis cannot use his powers to their full potential without being in the presence of a Green Lantern, which severely limits his capabilities. Due to his age, he is incapable of properly deciphering the visions that are given to him by his ring. Without his ring, he is also just an average and somewhat scrawny human teenager, and as such is rather lacking in martial prowess.

Appearance: Standing at a height of a metre sixty-five, Louis is somewhat scrawny and short for his age. He is clearly of European descent, possessing a medium skin tone and dark brown hair (which is tied back into a ponytail with a pale blue scrunchie). His eyes are a startling blue, and are described by some as being capable of staring into your soul. Along with the mildly cheery expression etched on his face, this gives him a rather youthful appearance.

Louis regularly wears clothing that conceals most of his body as to hide his scars, and usually wears a simple long-sleeve shirt and dark-coloured pants, although at times he does put on a jacket or sweater. His uniform is also simple, possessing absolutely no differences to the generic uniform of the Blue Lantern Corps.

Origin: Originally just another average teenager who would spend the rest of his life as another cog in the wheel that is society, Louis' fate changed forever during a regular trip to the central business district of his home city. While travelling via the subway, a fight between superhumans nearby lead to an accident that caused the tunnel to collapse on his train. Most of his fellow passengers died, and he was trapped underneath quite a bit of rubble, unable to free himself. But he never gave up hope. Even with only one small bottle of water in his possession, Louis never believed that he would not be rescued. He believed that saviours would come to rescue him and any other survivors.

As the days passed and as he felt as if he was growing closer to death, he still held the hope that he would be saved. And his hope came true. Rescue workers managed to successfully dig him out of the rubble, freeing him from the dark prison that he had been trapped in for the last few days. And his unrelenting hope that there would be salvation was rewarded, as while he was recuperating in the hospital, he was transported to the planet Odym, where the leaders of the Blue Lantern Corps evaluated him for several days to see if he was deserving of becoming a member of their organisation - to see if he was deserving of bringing hope to the universe.

He was, and was granted the use of a blue power ring.

Now returned to Earth, Louis acts as a trainee Blue Lantern, and the backup for Sector 2814.

Edited by Content with Life

Pointing this out, there is already Blue Lantern PC in the game. He does not have the last two powers of this one, of supercharging Green Lanterns and the clairvoyance. Anyways, I going to have to limit the visions to only coming when he is near a Green Lantern, which shouldn't be a problem as I am talking with a member over PM who wants to make one.

But other than that, this character is fine. Approved.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Thanks.

But I do have a question though.

Why does your profile state that the home of the Blue Lanterns is on Oa, when it's clearly on Odym? And how exactly did Abin Sur bring him there? The Blue Lantern Corps were formed long after Abin Sur's death. It was formed following Ganthet and Sayd's exile.

Krayzikk and Kaithis, that's not how Zeta Beams work. Even on the return trip.

To Zeta back, you have to get to another Zeta Tube.

Also, that's very nice of them to abandon the mission and not help with destroying the sound nullifiers.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Krayzikk and Kaithis, that's not how Zeta Beams work. Even on the return trip.

To Zeta back, you have to get to another Zeta Tube.

Also, that's very nice of them to abandon the mission and not help with destroying the sound nullifiers.

First of all, I did preface the post with a warning that I was making up how it worked. Because there is zero explanation on the first post, I haven't seen the show, and try as I might, I can't find an explanation on how they operate, or how they function online. Which, really, I shouldn't have to go looking for in the first place. Because if it was going to be important, or it was going to be this big a deal to make up a way that it worked, you really should have explained it in the first place.

Second, the sound nullifiers are destroyed, as you would know, if you read Adders' posts properly. They were designed to self destruct once his ransom was payed. And his last post said quite explicitly that the ransom was payed, and the self-destruct sequences had been initiated. In other words...

Bad guy is gone, nearly impossible to follow. The things they came to destroy are destroyed. The team split up, and thus, kinda hard to get back into contact and arrange a way for them all to leave at the same time. Objectives are all accomplished.

So... If all of the things they set out to do are done, the villain is gone, and they had separated into their own separate groups and would probably depart as such... How did they abandon the mission again?

I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but please, take into account both a lack of information and take the time to read the entire situation before accusing two players, and by extension, their characters.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I know you do not know how they work. That is why I said something. You even stated you didn't know how they worked, so that was even more reason for me to point it out.

Quoting the Young Justice Wikia:

Transport by Zeta-Beam requires a machine at both ends of the journey.

To explain the zeta beam, it connects two machines to transport users quickly. You enter into one, and come out in the other. The Justice League has many at various locations around the Earth, and then a few in the Watchtower.

About the sound nullifiers self destructing- my bad. Didn't see that.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

If that's how Zeta Tubes work, that's something that should have been explained in the beginning. Especially since (And believe me, I checked) there is no explanation of how they work anywhere in the game. All it says is "teleportation network".

And it might also have been a good idea to mention it when the original teleportation set them down in a Beijing street, instead of an access point.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

It's not mentioned because it is a very prominent element of the show, and it can be easily looked up on the Young Justice Wiki, which is what Bundalings and I use when looking for an explanation to a contested portion of the RPG.

Perhaps it was never mentioned because the party was originally set down outside of Beijing, and then magically warped in? Because the scene where the Leaguers went to Beijing was foggy at best?

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

That first portion alone, to be perfectly blunt, renders your point invalid. The whole point of an RPG's first post is to explain the world, and then to deliver any relevant details. Not to require a player to have watched the show, because that alienates people. And the second portion of that first paragraph is rendered invalid by one fact alone; not all of us know of the Young Justice Wiki, and no one bothered to insert a link to it in the first post, in case someone wanted to check something. Nor could I find it when I attempted to search for Zeta Tube information on multiple occasions.

And it doesn't matter if it was foggy. If you know what I'm referring to, clearly you saw the relevant posts. It would have been simple to poke a head in and go "Uh, you can't warp to the middle of the street", instead of leaving it be and establishing a precedence. And I'm told by a friend of mine that watched Justice League Unlimited that they could theoretically appear anywhere, something that is backed up by the sole piece of information on Zeta Tubes that I could find, namely:

Known as a Zeta-Beam, this ray became infused with radioactive energy and evolved into a teleportation beam. The beam reached the planet Earth where it struck archaeologist Adam Strange, transporting him twenty-five trillion miles through space to the planet, Rann. Sardath explained to Adam that once the Zeta-Beam radiation wears off, he would instantly teleport back to his point of origin.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Which again, leads back to my point that if you had just linked that page, or even linked that Wiki as a whole, in the first post, we wouldn't be having this issue. The DC universe is far too large, and with too many different media, to assume that the players can just find what they need easily. Some of us haven't watched, or have no way to watch, YJ. So the first post plus what we can find on the internet is the only way to get our information.

TL;DR: Link the wiki in the first post next time, please. Because the issue here stems purely from the fact that you (And when I say you, I mean the staff, not you specifically, because I don't know who it was) assumed that we would know.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

Hey everyone, calm down. No point getting worked up over these honest mistakes. My apologies for not explaining Zeta Tube technology in the opening post, I'll add some world building stuff like that first chance I get. Honestly I just didn't think to.

This RP certainly doesn't take place in the DCAU universe, though. The opening post does mention this is in Earth-16 (which is exclusive to the Young Justice TV show and accompanying comics, [which we aren't pulling from here, too obscure]).

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Hey everyone, calm down. No point getting worked up over these honest mistakes. My apologies for not explaining Zeta Tube technology in the opening post, I'll add some world building stuff like that first chance I get. Honestly I just didn't think to.

Actually, on this note, I do apologize. I was a bit irritable this evening, and it bled through a bit. Sorry, folks.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

Submitting another character for approval:
Alias: Wyvern
Name: Jenni Tozawa
Faction: The Team
Alignment: Lawful Good
Equipment/Abilities: A suit of reactive techno-organic armor dubbed the “Wyvern-Type Reactive Biosuit” by Jenni’s father is permanently bonded to her skin on a cellular level, essentially giving her an extra layer of muscle that grants her additional strength (she can lift up to 90 lbs/40 kg in optimal conditions) and speed (she can run up to 26 feet per second/8 meters per second), as well as protection from most forms of physical harm. The extent of these abilities, however, is entirely dependant on her own emotional state and physical condition, and the suit’s protection comes at a price: due to a flaw that her father never corrected, any amount of force inflicted on the suit will result in an internal electric discharge directly proportional in intensity to the amount of force applied. In other words, while Jenni will not receive injuries from trauma absorbed by the suit, she will still feel the pain of each blow. The suit can be damaged, though it can “heal” itself at a rate slightly above that of the average human.
In addition to this, she is a black belt in Kung Fu and is currently seeking training in other martial arts.
Weaknesses: As stated above, Jenni is still very much capable of feeling pain despite the suit’s protection, and enough force can cause her to black out from pain. She requires extra exercise in order to keep her muscles healthy due to the suit’s semi-organic nature, and her condition has a great degree of influence on the suit’s efficiency; i.e. any exhaustion she experiences will also be felt by the suit. She is quite frustrated in regards to the turn of events that led to her current disposition, and this frustration can lead to her losing control and wearing out both her and the suit faster. The suit can be punctured, and without its protection, Jenny is still susceptible to injury.
Appearance: Jenni’s hair is jet black and is often kept in a ponytail that falls just below her shoulders. Her eyes are brown and her skin is very pale, possibly due in part to the suit. The Wyvern Biosuit itself appears to be composed of many fibers of metallic yellow muscle tissue interwoven into a thick, smooth fabric. It is form-fitting as per its design, though it does add considerably to Jenni’s bulk and covers her entire body save for her head, hands, and feet. When not out on missions with the Team, Jenni will wear typical casual clothing, though she does seem to put extra effort into covering the suit.
Origin: Jenni lived most of her life supported by the immense wealth of her Japanese father Hikaru and her American mother Bailey. Hikaru’s own father had once run a multi-million dollar electronics conglomerate, though after the old man’s death, Hikaru inherited the company along with a large sum of money, but decided to sell the business and move to America with his wife and daughter. There, he became a private inventor, selling his devices to anyone willing to pay for them. However, he soon became buried in his work and spent little time with his family, sending Jenni off for Kung-Fu lessons at a prestigious martial arts dojo when she didn’t have school. It wasn’t long before his wife left him, letting him keep Jenni but taking nearly half of their amassed wealth. Though Jenni still respected her father, he grew even more reclusive, becoming focused almost solely on this project of his.
That, however, was only the beginning of their troubles. One day, their home in Miami, Florida was invaded by a squad of government agents who arrested Hikaru on the grounds of possessing contraband alien technology. Jenni was forced to take refuge in her father’s workshop, where she discovered what he had been working on: the Wyvern-Type Reactive Bodysuit, a suit of armor that had been painstakingly constructed from cloned Eel muscle tissue and technology leftover from the Reach occupation. Or, more specifically, two suits: one for her and one for him.
Jenni donned her own suit and used it in conjunction with her martial arts prowess to escape the agents. With nowhere left to turn, she was taken in by the Justice League and was told that everything would be taken care of, though she hasn’t seen her father since and still worries that they may have overstepped their authority. Eventually, her skills and enhanced abilities earned her a spot on the Team.
Edited by Zyke the Space Biker

67tlbk.png

Origin: As a ten-year old moving from Canada to the US, things were always a bit different for Marshall. His dad left him at a young age, and his mom contracted cancer and died when she volunteered for a scam treatment that stole all her money and left him without an adult in his life. Naturally, he grew up to hate the world. Before she died, however, he received combat training with swords and his fists. However, he used these skills for his own purposes. He was a pickpocket, bordering on kleptomania, by the time he got caught up with molecular scientists and tried to steal from them. In an attempt to escape their clutches, he took a nosedive into a vat of untested chemicals, which gave him his powers. With his new ability, he became a rampant thief, a true pest to the inhabitants of Happy Harbor. He was quickly recruited to the Unjust League before anyone else could speak to him, and the rest is to reveal itself in time.^Some changes to the profile.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Kaithis and Krayzikk, you aren't breaking any rules, but you are tennising. If possible, could you type the posts out over PM and then combine them into one big post? This would just be something to lessen the tennising, but you don't have to do it if you don't want to. I would appreciate it if you did, but it's not necessary.

Can someone please give me an update on the situation on Beijing. I'm sorry I've been out, but lately my own health while being here seems to have affected me. I'll try to get back in the game today or this week.

It's over. The Chinese government payed the ransom money, and all the sound absorbers self-destructed. The League is heading back to the Watchtower.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?