Ozzy the Ostrich

Okay guys, I didn't try to go overboard, because you can't really do much with a bird MOC. I figured that the image of something like a Finch would be triggered by the word "bird", so I thought outside of the box and came up with something that is pretty uncommon. So, without further ado, I give you Ozzy. My top three choices were: Ozzy, This vulture thing, and a T-Rex/Velociraptor (no matter how many times I'm told that it's a lizard, it's not. It's skeleton is more bird-like than anything). But in the end, Ozzy won. Because Ostrich's are AWESOME!!!

LINK

C&C Appreciated!

Ozzy will be being displayed at BrickFair Virginia!!!

Edited by Wasp

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

If you're going to make this your BBC contest entry, then you need to enter it officially now. You can't post a bunch of MOCs and then decide you're going to enter one later. If you do that, you will be disqualified.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Okay, I didn't know that. I'll build the rest and post them AFTER the contest is over. I want to make sure that I do my best.

EDIT: Ozzy is officially my BBCC entry. I am perfectly happy with the way that he turned out and believe that he's a winner. Good luck everybody!

Edited by Phantom Terror

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I don't think that building a finch would be too 'mainsteam', because it's harder to build a finch than an ostrich IMO. I'm going for a more or less 1:1 scale Macaw, because I figure a parrot's pretty hard to do and is unlikely to be duplicated, and then I can pull the dead parrot sketch at brickfair :D

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Building the torso was actually pretty difficult... and the feet were a nightmare to figure out because I didn't want to go with the all-too mediocre Piraka feet or Onua claws.

Edited by Phantom Terror

HERE!

I myself prefer meltdown claws, those bendy claws from Phantoka I believe :D

I honestly have never used piraka feet as feet, because I think there's so terrible XD If I'm making a spiky moc, it's gonna need bigger, thicker feet, and for a skeletal moc, they're too big. But there are other uses, like ribcages.

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Thanks Whip! The compact design was really hard to make with what I was working with. The build may look simple, but it was hard as #### to figure out. Also, are slightly bent dekar knives allowed? If not, I can unbend them.

HERE!

Ostriches are indeed awesome.:D I think I like the legs and body the most. The compact design is cool. I think the beak looks a little weird but I'm not sure what else you would have used at such a small scale anyway. Good luck in the contest!

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

This. This bird here will take over the world. It will turn everyone into pink teddy bears. It's adorableness would make lava cry itself to stone. so. adorable.

Edit: Yes, but please try to be more specific next time. What exactly makes it adorable? :>

-Wind-

Everything makes it adorable, wind. :P

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

This. This bird here will take over the world. It will turn everyone into pink teddy bears. It's adorableness would make lava cry itself to stone. so. adorable.

Edit: Yes, but please try to be more specific next time. What exactly makes it adorable? :>

-Wind-

Thanks Arzaki, I'm glad that you think that he's adorable!

HERE!

• 2 weeks later...

Ozzy looks awesome!

The legs are really well done, with the way you integrated the tubing and all.The neck is really flexible, which I like. And the armor coverings work really well.

This is why I voted for Ozzy.

Thank you KitKat!

The legs are possibly the highlight of his flexibility, because he's got two joints at his ankle. The neck was a bit of a challenge to figure out at first, but I eventually got it! And the armor was a pain to figure out how to cover the entire body.

HERE!

• 2 weeks later...

The body is amazing, the leg is easy but good and the neck/head look really good.

Thank you. The simplicity works well with this MOC.

Awesome! And cool way to use those armor pieces from Toa Ignika. :)

Toa Ignika armor? I think you mean Toa Mahri Matoro armor. TMM was the first set to use them.

HERE!

Toa Ignika armor? I think you mean Toa Mahri Matoro armor. TMM was the first set to use them.

Oh, right. I'm not that much into the Mahri so I forgot. XD

It's the same color on both sets, so you could use either one really.

Bliss.png

Oh, right. I'm not that much into the Mahri so I forgot. XD

It's the same color on both sets, so you could use either one really.

Therefore my confusion.

-G u u R a h K