Remembering BIONICLE on the Web

I remember reading the end of the Mahri saga, when Matoro sacrificed himself for Mata Nui. Previously, they had never really addressed the concept of death; they just kind of said "Oh, you lost your mask, now you're unconscious for a bit." But in the comic, they said it straight out, and that really drove it home. Matoro was my favorite character, too. That was the first comic that really made me... just nostalgic, and sad. Journey's End was just an echo of this to me.

I remember reading the end of the Mahri saga, when Matoro sacrificed himself for Mata Nui. Previously, they had never really addressed the concept of death; they just kind of said "Oh, you lost your mask, now you're unconscious for a bit." But in the comic, they said it straight out, and that really drove it home. Matoro was my favorite character, too. That was the first comic that really made me... just nostalgic, and sad. Journey's End was just an echo of this to me.

What about Toa Lhikan? He died more or less permanently, and Vakama spent a whole year of story angsting about it. Matoro's sacrifice was a big deal, but it wasn't the first serious treatment of death in the story by a longshot.My fondest memories of the BIONICLE website have to be the early days... the lexicon, the Mata Nui Online Game, Takua's chronicle updates in 2002-2003, the various collectibles charts, etc. The Mata Nui Online Game in particular was the single most immersive experience there has ever been in a LEGO online game, or arguably in any LEGO video game whatsoever.Thankfully a lot of the old BIONICLE web resources are still available through the Wayback Machine, and the Mata Nui Online Game can even be downloaded for offline play. The 2004 site is not as accessible with the Wayback Machine, but I honestly have no particularly special memories of that version of the site.

I remember my first real introduction the Bionicle storyline, the Mata Nui promo CD. I remember the Bohrok Swarm promo CD, too, oh how much fun I had with those minigames. At the time I hadn't played the MNOG much, and didn't know about them, took me forever to figure out the Nui Jaga Koli thing:)

I remember playing the MNOGII for hours on end, and never get anywhere due to all the glitches... and me being an 8 year old and not very fluent in english

I remember getting caught up in the hype for Bionicle Heroes, and coming back time and again to the game's website. The game's main theme is still awesome today.

I remember how excited I got when I saw the new 2008 frontpage and learned of the new story and sets (more Makuta? YES PLEASE). The Toa Nuva were back, and they were up against eight, count them; eight Makuta, and the Mask of Life made its own body and Takanuva came back. the 2008 year as a whole was a momentous clash of tried and true old concepts meeting fresh new ideas. It was a thrill-ride.

I remember having so much fun with Bionicle, and as I sit here looking at my MOC's, my literal tons of pieces and the few sets that are still intact, I can't help but feel a little sad and let down.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

*sniffles* Ok, I can do this! *sniffles*

I fondly remember when the website changed from 2007 to 2008; It had such a new and exciting feel! Also, I enjoyed the battle for power, and how it felt like I was affecting the war and how you won prototype pictures! Earlier on, in 2005 I used to watch the hordika animations, and battle my friends in Hordika Spinner Challenge. in 2006, It was also rather fun enslaving poor matoran in piraka attack, and playing VNOG. 2007 brought a new, mysterious feel to the website, and I would watch the creeps in the deep animation over and over. Going back to 2008, I had to know absolutely every inch of the bionicle website! I read every bio, be it toa, makuta, or weapon! 2009, was a bit on the dull side, IMO, and I didn't really use bionicle dot com for anything aside from entering bio codes, although I enjoyed the MLN bionicle campaign. Lastly, in 2010 I checked bionicle.com every day for story updates to savor the last breaths of my beloved franchise as long as I could. :crying:

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

2001-2003: Didn't really do much, but I got a little interested

2004-2007: HOLY KARZ!!! WHEN DID THEY DO THIS!?!?

2008-2010: Uh... What happened?

My fondest memory has to be The Free the Band promotion.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Ah man, I remember spending hours as a kid playing the MNOLG. Not even playing it, exactly—mostly just exploring it. I would go up onto the cliffs and stare into the telescope for ages, listening to that eerie music.

I always assumed there were Throwbots out there.

I remember when I first when on the website in 2006. Constantly playing any games I could.... I also remember the P:iraka Online Animations I could never seem to get past some of those mini-games...

Well, guys, it has happened. The actual Bionicle website is gone, may it live on in our hearts

I remember seeing the animations and listening to the music you would hear by the telescope in MNOG good time, good times....

The most fond memory I have of bionicle.com was putting codes in to Kanoka club to redeem Club points for my Lego page. ^_^

Playing MNOG II and VNOG was also something I felt nostalgic about. Plus I remember watching the Metru Nui and Hordika animations, which were sick.

Goodbye bionicle.com. You will be missed and all good things must come to an eventual end.

--==My MOCs==--