• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Cyanistes Caeruleus

BBC 65

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,778 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 12:17 PM

Because 'blue tit' was just too short for a title. 

[Entry pic] [1] [2] [3]

Thought I'd just whip up something real quick, I don't have much time at the moment for MOCing.  Picture 3 is a pretty poor angle.  It looks best from a distance I'd say, because the actual thing is bigger than the bird is in real life. 

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#2 Online Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 12:50 PM

Well that's quite interesting. I like the organization of the colors. Certainly better than what I have built, LOL. :lol:

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#3 Offline The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 03:26 PM

That's a pretty nice MOC! The color contrast looks very nice the way you put it together, my only gripe would be the lack of eyes. Good luck!

#4 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member

• 2,778 posts

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 03:34 PM

Well that's quite interesting. I like the organization of the colors. Certainly better than what I have built, LOL. :lol:

I doubt that, you always seem to come out with brilliant stuff, and I built this in about an hour out of sheer boredom.  If you devote a little work to it, you ought to be one up on me.

That's a pretty nice MOC! The color contrast looks very nice the way you put it together, my only gripe would be the lack of eyes. Good luck!

I wasn't sure about the eyes, I figured the stud thick end of the 4 length liftarm looked sufficiently like an eye.  Trying to fit anything else in would either be too big, or the wrong colour.  Making black eyes on a black background in Lego is a tricky thing to get right.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

#5 Offline The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 03:38 PM

My suggestion would be to use a red axle for the eye. I would say "paint the pupil on" but painted parts aren't allowed. So, in short, keep the liftarm, but replace the black axle with a red one.

#6 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member

• 2,778 posts

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 04:05 PM

I don't have a red axle in that length, but I don't think it will work well anyway.  There's already a lot of colours, but they're all in that same kind of area of green/blue.  Throwing in red eyes will make it look like a sort of devil-bird or something. 

Edited by Taipu1, Jun 06 2013 - 04:05 PM.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

#7 Online Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 04:25 PM

Wait, the black axle there is 4-length, right? Not sure how the internal connections of the head work, but couldn't you replace that with a pair of red 2-length pins?

Never mind, I see that it's 3-length. That's even easier; just replace it with a light grey one. Just an idea.

Edited by Chro, Jun 06 2013 - 04:26 PM.

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#8 Offline Shadow Flaredrick

Shadow Flaredrick
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,493 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 05:02 PM

Looks very tropical, and I like what you did with the Adaptive Miru. Be looking forward to see you in the contest polls.

Bionicle Hitman VI: Final Hour Guns, Explosions, and hoards of countless enemies!

Join before all 11 spots are filled!

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#9 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member

• 2,778 posts

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 05:23 PM

Looks very tropical, and I like what you did with the Adaptive Miru. Be looking forward to see you in the contest polls.

Glad you think the Miru works, I wasn't really sure about it.  The colours are a bit more overtop than the actual bird, so I can see how it has a tropical look, even though it isn't meant to be. 

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

#10 Offline Your Evil Friend

Your Evil Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Submerged!

• 1,166 posts

Posted Jun 06 2013 - 05:35 PM

I doubt that, you always seem to come out with brilliant stuff, and I built this in about an hour out of sheer boredom.  If you devote a little work to it, you ought to be one up on me.

Dont tell him that. You'll build up his confidence and make him too egotistical. He'll then build an army of self aware amazing... uh I mean average MOCs to destroy Humanity. Phew. I think we're safe.

Anyway. Onto the MOC. Its very very nice. You have done a great job on the body shape. Looks really bird like. I cant help but think that maybe the beak could have been done better, but I dont know. Maybe some gold or yellow Bohrok eyes would have sufficed. Great work though. I love this!

#11 Offline The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 07 2013 - 06:51 PM

Those wings are incredible. Given I had the parts, I would build a few others in different colors right now...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users