• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Issue Information

• Suggestion

Photo

Extra Participants in Group PMs for POBZPCs

Posted by Meiko on Dec 27 2012 - 12:35 PM

It would be cool, now that group PMs is now a Premier Perk, if people could add an extra 3-5 participants.

Can't you just create a messaging function on the wiki, or create a private page that only staff members can view?

Sure that's most likely possible, but it would require we hack/tweak the MediaWiki software, which we won't do for two reasons:
  • If something goes wrong we'll most likely lose information
  • Every time we update the MediaWiki software, we'd have to tweak it again, which we could very well have circumstance 1 occur each update.

May I ask what makes BZPower a viable site to hack/tweak to let you have bigger discussions? The staff have to tweak it after every update as well. It seems like you're just taking advantage of your PMOBZC rank to do something on BZPower that you don't feel like doing elsewhere. It's not like Skype is the only option out there.

-Rez

• TCW is partnered with BZPower. It would be a nice thing for us, since we do some nice things for them. We can very well use BZPower less. It just makes it a lot simpler here, since all of our staff have an account on BZP.
  • I removed the part about it being POBZPC. It could very well be a perk for any premier member. I wasn't trying to take advantage of any perk.

• TCW is partnered with BZPower. It would be a nice thing for us, since we do some nice things for them. We can very well use BZPower less. It just makes it a lot simpler here, since all of our staff have an account on BZP.
  • I removed the part about it being POBZPC. It could very well be a perk for any premier member. I wasn't trying to take advantage of any perk.

That just sounds like blackmail to me. If BZPower won't let you have 15 participants than you just won't use the site. But regardless, the more people that we're able to add, the higher propability of spam there will be. If trollers/flamers/spammers see that they can message 15+ members at a time, they might just get a 6 month membership. It's only $10 after all. The way I see it, the more people you add, the higher the risk of spam is.

-Rez

That just sounds like blackmail to me. If BZPower won't let you have 15 participants than you just won't use the site. But regardless, the more people that we're able to add, the higher propability of spam there will be. If trollers/flamers/spammers see that they can message 15+ members at a time, they might just get a 6 month membership. It's only $10 after all. The way I see it, the more people you add, the higher the risk of spam is.

-Rez

It's not blackmail at all. With partnerships, both partners provide benefits for each other. That's how any partnership works. And if we can't use BZPower for the conversation, so be it. That's why I made a suggestion in the Tracker.

Edited by Meiko, Jan 09 2013 - 07:31 AM.

The problem is, you're partnership with BZPower isn't rellavent to the subject. If you and TCW are the only people that want such an upgrade, then it's not a viable option. From what I've seen, you are one of the only people who would like this option. One should not simply change something because of one person's opinion, because the majority doesn't want the change.

-Rez

-Rez

A'm gonna aswer this thing with a quote from the original tracker topic:

My suggestion however is to make this a premier perk. From my point of view, if a spammer decides to pay money to BZP just to do this, s/he can be just as easily proto-dropped/banned and all the staff loose is some time and gain a bit of annoyance, in return for money that can continue to support the site. And honestly, I doubt any spammer would pay to spam.

Also, I saved my vote till now and voted yes, your argument about partnership convinced me.

The problem is, you're partnership with BZPower isn't rellavent to the subject. If you and TCW are the only people that want such an upgrade, then it's not a viable option. From what I've seen, you are one of the only people who would like this option. One should not simply change something because of one person's opinion, because the majority doesn't want the change.

-Rez

...Which is why I started a topic in the Tracker to see if anybody else felt the same way. Nobody—not even the staff—can tell other peoples' opinion on something without asking for it, which is exactly what I did. That's the whole concept behind the tracker.

Let's calm down here people. If you're not interested, say so. No need to attack the person making the suggestion.

-Rez

...Which is why I started a topic in the Tracker to see if anybody else felt the same way. Nobody—not even the staff—can tell other peoples' opinion on something without asking for it, which is exactly what I did. That's the whole concept behind the tracker.

This tracker has been open for weeks, I'm only explaining that no one else requires this option. I apologize if I sounded blunt or harsh, I was just trying to make a point and it probably didn't come out quite as well as it could have. I meant no offense to you in any way.

-Rez

We feel the current limit for Premier Members is sufficient and will not be increasing it for OBZPCs.

locked issue

moved issue from Forums Issues

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users