• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (4)No (0)
Photo

Editing problems

Posted by Grandmaster P~M on Dec 31 2012 - 11:30 AM

I recently tried to edit the front post of my comics topic, but when I finished and previewed the edit, the formatting was completely messed up. I tried editing it again, but this time the edit came out as raw HTML, and I am kind of annoyed... Any idea why this happened?

This has happened to me as well, and it's pretty annoying. perhaps the most annoying was just now when I tried to update my game topic, and most of it suddenly was replaced with a link and a smiley I never intended to even use.

Dual Matrix
Dec 31 2012 12:28 PM
Same for me I also see it a lot like working links with
[url]
in front of it.

Form what I can tell the post editor now auto-changes BBCode to a new format.

The old format for images was: (EDIT: Can't post that because image tags inside a codebox kill themselves now too.)

Now it automatically changes from that to this:
[img=imageurlhere]
However, this seems to break on several occasions. My game topic banner (just an image) no longer shows up, and if I try to add it the top of my post vanishes completely regardlessof code method. The banners and screenshots further down works, despite being the same. My entire section about character creation seems to disappear too, while the first part of screenshots (which comes right after) gets half converted to the screenshot link that character creation should have.

Sometimes a smiley will appear and have /> appended to it, like a malformed HTML code.

Code tags themselves now add a parameter for showing line numbers, which is unwanted. I'd much rather that option still be off by default.

But yeah, bottom line is that I don't dare to edit my topic anymore because I'm afraid it'll just wipe itself again. I've had to limit my image use, which is fine in one way but also a bit annoying when I want to use it for a top banner and similar.

Edited by Katuko, Dec 31 2012 - 12:38 PM.

Grandmaster P~M
Dec 31 2012 12:57 PM
Do you guys get the problem that I have, with the raw HTML?

Do you guys get the problem that I have, with the raw HTML?

I did a few times before when editing posts, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Is this still happening after the recent upgrade?

It's happening to me. Some posts with lots of quotes will completely disassemble into HTML.

Grandmaster P~M
Jan 08 2013 08:50 PM
Here's another example. Quick, before he edits it!

Here's another example. Quick, before he edits it!

Don't worry, I'm too lazy to replace it all with proper quote tags... :P

~Shockwave~
Jan 09 2013 07:17 PM
Isn't there a check box to enable HTML? I thought I saw that somewhere....

Than the Moa
Jan 09 2013 07:39 PM

HTML posting is disabled due to the issues it can introduce.

Is that because a hacker can post some malicious code and hack the forums with it, or just because it's glitchy or slows down the server or something? Because I think the disabling may be glitching and the raw HTML is showing.

JrMasterModelBuilder
Jan 11 2013 09:21 PM

Is that because a hacker can post some malicious code and hack the forums with it, or just because it's glitchy or slows down the server or something? Because I think the disabling may be glitching and the raw HTML is showing.

Yes, as XSS attack would be a trivial task if unfiltered HTML could be posted. Simplely entering code like this:
<script type="text/javascript" src="URL_TO_SOME_JAVASCRIPT_FILE"></script>
could inject any JavaScript the hacker wanted with full access to the DOM.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder, Jan 11 2013 - 09:21 PM.

Than the Moa
Jan 12 2013 01:16 AM

Disabling HTML editing shouldn't introduce the error you're experiencing.  What is happening for you is that the html characters (likely the closing and opening tags) are being escaped (ignored) by the forum for some reason.

Grandmaster P~M
Mar 03 2013 03:48 PM
Anyone experience this after yesterday? B6 wants to know if it's still happening after the upgrades.

Canis Lycaon
Mar 03 2013 03:53 PM
I experience this from time to time; all you need to do to fix it is use the full editor button. Then, press done, and the problem will be fixed.

Makuta Luroka
Mar 04 2013 08:56 PM
This might be unrelated, but yesterday, while quoting another post and responding, I hit backspace after making a typo, and the quote box disappeared, leaving just the text inside.

Dual Matrix
Mar 05 2013 10:46 AM

This might be unrelated, but yesterday, while quoting another post and responding, I hit backspace after making a typo, and the quote box disappeared, leaving just the text inside.

Thant's perfectly normal :)

Yes, it is unrelated, however, did you already have a significant amount of text typed, or did you make a typo on the first word you typed? Because if you hit the backspace to edit a word in a string of words, then there may be a problem (I hope that wasn't confusing :P ).

-Rez

Checking again to see if anyone is experiencing this bug. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users