• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (2)
Photo

Broken images everywhere...

Posted by ~Shockwave~ on Jan 04 2013 - 10:49 PM

they're everywhere. on the front page. In place of what I'm going to assume are emoticons. 
I'ts the same symbol that replaced the thumbs up/down when those where broken. 

I'm hoping I'ts not my computer, and if it is I haven't the slightest clue what happened.

On the front page as in the main page where all the news stories are? Or the forum index?

It could be your internet connection. If it timed out before the images loaded, then they will appear as broken. Did you try refreshing and/or bypass your cache:
  • Firefox / Safari: Hold Shift while clicking Reload, or press either Ctrl-F5 or Ctrl-R (⌘-R on a Mac)
  • Google Chrome: Press Ctrl-Shift-R (⌘-Shift-R on a Mac)
  • Internet Explorer: Hold Ctrl while clicking Refresh, or press Ctrl-F5
  • Opera: Clear the cache in Tools → Preferences

~Shockwave~
Jan 05 2013 06:34 PM
where the news stories are. And proto bars are broken and spinnies. and smilies. 

the things that say "NEWS" BZPOWER" And such will sometimes be broken. And come to think of it, all of these where fine until the thumbs up/down where fixed. Can't say if that is related though.

All of those work fine for me. As Meiko said, this problem may be on your end.

~Shockwave~
Jan 07 2013 09:35 PM
Hm... suggestions?

Than the Moa
Jan 08 2013 06:45 PM
Clear your browser cache altogether.
Make sure you don't have an ad-blocker or similar software set to block those images or images sourced from a specific url.

~Shockwave~
Jan 09 2013 04:41 PM
oh... that didn't even cross my mind... I guess I never thought it would do that. I'll edit my results after checking my adblock stuff.

Problem solved. My new approach: when all else fails clear the cache.

Edited by ~Shockwave~, Jan 09 2013 - 04:54 PM.

Glad to see this is cleared up.

locked issue

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users