• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (3)No (1)
Photo

Font Problems in the Tracker and Blogs

Posted by Reznas on Jan 12 2013 - 07:38 AM

Recently, I've been experiencing some problems with the fonts in the blogs and the tracker. I am able to add color to my text, but any time I add font, it reverts to the default font once posted. I've seen this happen to others as well, such as Velox who I know uses the Courier New font. I'll try adding font to this post and if it works, then apparently it got fixed in the tracker. As for the blogs, my most recent entry is having the same problem.

-Rez

EDIT: This is confirming that the problem continues.

Dual Matrix
Jan 12 2013 08:49 AM
Test Test Test Test  Test Test Test Test <-- All different fonts in font dropdown bar.

The font dropdown is still working, how do you get your almost unreadable font?, BBcode?

Test <-- New times roman using BBcode swich on.

Test <-- New times roman using BBcode swich off.

Maybe the editor doesn't recognise your font anymore?

Which font do you use?

EDIT Font and colors:

Test <-- New times roman font dropdown + color

Test <-- New times roman BBcode swich on + color

Test  <-- New times roman BBcode swich off + color

No problems for me.

Edited by Dual Matrix, Jan 12 2013 - 08:57 AM.

You were using one font which seems to be working. But any time I use Comic Sans, or other fonts they don't work. Here is a test:

Text (Arial), Text (Comic Sans: Problem), Text (Courier New: Problem), Text (Georgia), Text (Lucida Sans Unicode: Problem), Text (Tahoma), Text (Times New Roman: Problem), Text (Trebuchet MS: Problem), and Text (Verdana).

-Rez

EDIT: Note that whenever I try to edit the post it removes over half the text and adds some weird HTML into the editor. When I copy and paste it back in, it removes all color and font from every piece of text.

Edited by -Reznas-, Jan 12 2013 - 09:12 AM.

Dual Matrix
Jan 12 2013 09:13 AM
Which color are you exactly using and how exactly do you type it BBcode off/on?

Which color are you exactly using and how exactly do you type it BBcode off/on?

The color is obviously green and having BBCode switched on or off is irrelevant. Both ways have the same end result.

-Rez

Dual Matrix
Jan 12 2013 01:18 PM
Test Test Comic sans <-- TEST

Still working in green...

Edited by Dual Matrix, Jan 12 2013 - 01:23 PM.

Test Test Comic sans <-- TEST

Still working in green...

I never said I had problems with color; however, I do experience many problems with the font.

-Rez

Edited by -Reznas-, Jan 12 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Dual Matrix
Jan 12 2013 01:51 PM
Yes, but I couldn't replicate your problem, don't you see I used a font you listed as not working and it worked even in the same color as you use it. I have no idea what could cause this with you

Yes, but I couldn't replicate your problem, don't you see I used a font you listed as not working and it worked even in the same color as you use it. I have no idea what could cause this with you

That wasn't Comic Sans MS I'm afraid, so yes, it is a problem.

-Rez

Than the Moa
Jan 12 2013 03:34 PM
The display issue appears to occur in IE (Version 10) and Firefox (version 18) when I'm on Windows 8.  All the fonts display properly in Chrome (Version 24).  Please give as much detailed information as you can about the browser and operating system you are running on to help us narrow down the problem.

Some further investigation on my part seems to indicate a stray ' symbol get's added to the end of the font name in the style attribute. Firefox and IE don't appear to like this and it causes them to ignore the font completely, Chrome seems to ignore the the symbol and still displays the font.

Edited by Than the Moa, Jan 12 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Dual Matrix
Jan 12 2013 05:14 PM
test test this is written in Comic sans MS

The above thing is written in Comic Sans MS does it look like it?

So with IE you just never see any font? But I use Chrome(windows 7 when i got to my PC i'll check which version) and still can't see the font in the first page.

Edited by Dual Matrix, Jan 13 2013 - 07:58 AM.

I run a Windows 7 Home Premium as well as Mozilla Firefox 18.0. Perhaps the ' symbol should just be removed all together?

-Rez

Than the Moa
Jan 13 2013 04:52 PM

I run a Windows 7 Home Premium as well as Mozilla Firefox 18.0. Perhaps the ' symbol should just be removed all together?

-Rez

That would be wise, though we don't really have control over that as it has to do with how the editor works and it would take quite an effort to dig that up.

Dual Matrix
Jan 13 2013 05:22 PM
Ok just noticed this weird thing: The original post by Reznas about removing the ' has no font but when than the Moa quoted it it has, do you guys see the same?

Than the Moa
Jan 13 2013 09:17 PM
While we continue to investigate the issue, you can use the bbcode mode and use the font tag like so

[font='comic sans ms']Message here[/font]
and you will get the font you want.

Testing to see the difference...

-Rez

EDIT: It seems to have worked. Now I'll go back to the RTE and see if it changes anything.

EDIT: Alright, after returning to the RTE, it changed the font to "comic" rather than "comic sans ms". The weird thing is that there are no ' marks before or after "comic". Here is a screenshot:

Posted Image

Edited by -Reznas-, Jan 14 2013 - 08:46 AM.

Dual Matrix
Jan 14 2013 11:38 AM
Tesing: Message here

code:

I typed this:
[font='comic sans ms']Message here[/font]

I get when look at the edited code:
[font=comic sans ms]Message here[/font]

Edited by Dual Matrix, Jan 14 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Engineer Alexandra Humva
Jan 14 2013 12:11 PM
I can confirm this happening in the blogs, though something strange I've noticed is that I'll post a blog entry, it won't display the font, I'll go edit it, then publish it again without touching anything, and the font will appear just fine.

If I edit it again without doing anything the font will vanish, and if I edit it once more, the font reappears.

This happens to me, but only in content blocks.

Testing due to Site Upgrades.

-Rez

EDIT: Seems to be fixed! Issue resolved I suppose.

Edited by -Reznas-, Mar 03 2013 - 01:31 AM.

Dual Matrix
Mar 03 2013 03:12 AM

Testing due to Site Upgrades.

-Rez

EDIT: Seems to be fixed! Issue resolved I suppose.

Eeeh Rez, I don't think the issue is resolved :)

The font most likely vanished after you edited it.

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users