• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (1)
Photo

Unable to Log In to Archives

Posted by Pereki on Jan 26 2013 - 08:02 PM

This problem is specific to me, but I thought I might as well post it here; in part because it may be someone else is experiencing this problem, and in part because I do not know where else I would post this. :P

I am not able to log in to my account on the archive. I am fairly certain I am using the correct username and password, since they have not changed since the downtime (unless I had to reset my password before the downtime because I momentarily forgot it, and then put it back to normal afterwords, which I can't rule out as a possibility since I cannot remember anything for certain). Is there any way to fix this? I was hoping I would be able to go back and look at my old posts some time, but that would be incredibly difficult if I could not access my profile.

You may need to use a different password with the archives. Whichever password you had before the downtime should be used on the archives. If you still have the same password as before, then we have a problem to fix...

-Rez

You may need to use a different password with the archives. Whichever password you had before the downtime should be used on the archives. If you still have the same password as before, then we have a problem to fix...

-Rez

I am fairly certain I have the same password as before. However, it may be that my password on the old forums is different, because I have a feeling in the back of my head that I may have forgotten my password and reset it (where the new password is sent to me via email) right before the forums went down. At that point, I would have used the email password to access the new forums, changed my password back once I remembered it, and then deleted the email.

Of course, if all of that is the issue, then I suppose this isn't a site problem at all. I posted this out of the possibility I was experiencing some kind of error on the old forums. However, that is seeming less likely, as I allow the second possibility to grow larger in proportion to the first in my head...

Have you tried using the 'reset password' function on the Archive to get a new password?

Yes. I assumed it was no longer functional, because I never seemed to receive an email with a new password.

EDIT: I just tried again, and when using another email I guessed may possibly have been mine when the forums went down, I accidentally reset the password for my sibling's old account (which I had completely forgotten the existence of), which she will have no problem with my using. So, while I can't log in to my account, I will still be able to access my old posts now. Problem solved.

Thank you for the help!

Edited by Tazakk, Jan 27 2013 - 10:09 AM.

Than the Moa
Jan 27 2013 03:38 PM
Resolved.

locked issue

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users