• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (1)
Photo

Unable to Log In to Archives

Posted by Pereki on Jan 26 2013 - 08:02 PM

This problem is specific to me, but I thought I might as well post it here; in part because it may be someone else is experiencing this problem, and in part because I do not know where else I would post this. :P

I am not able to log in to my account on the archive. I am fairly certain I am using the correct username and password, since they have not changed since the downtime (unless I had to reset my password before the downtime because I momentarily forgot it, and then put it back to normal afterwords, which I can't rule out as a possibility since I cannot remember anything for certain). Is there any way to fix this? I was hoping I would be able to go back and look at my old posts some time, but that would be incredibly difficult if I could not access my profile.

You may need to use a different password with the archives. Whichever password you had before the downtime should be used on the archives. If you still have the same password as before, then we have a problem to fix...

-Rez

You may need to use a different password with the archives. Whichever password you had before the downtime should be used on the archives. If you still have the same password as before, then we have a problem to fix...

-Rez

I am fairly certain I have the same password as before. However, it may be that my password on the old forums is different, because I have a feeling in the back of my head that I may have forgotten my password and reset it (where the new password is sent to me via email) right before the forums went down. At that point, I would have used the email password to access the new forums, changed my password back once I remembered it, and then deleted the email.

Of course, if all of that is the issue, then I suppose this isn't a site problem at all. I posted this out of the possibility I was experiencing some kind of error on the old forums. However, that is seeming less likely, as I allow the second possibility to grow larger in proportion to the first in my head...

Have you tried using the 'reset password' function on the Archive to get a new password?

Yes. I assumed it was no longer functional, because I never seemed to receive an email with a new password.

EDIT: I just tried again, and when using another email I guessed may possibly have been mine when the forums went down, I accidentally reset the password for my sibling's old account (which I had completely forgotten the existence of), which she will have no problem with my using. So, while I can't log in to my account, I will still be able to access my old posts now. Problem solved.

Thank you for the help!

Edited by Tazakk, Jan 27 2013 - 10:09 AM.

Than the Moa
Jan 27 2013 03:38 PM
Resolved.

locked issue

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users