• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (2)
Photo

"Fixed" toolbar messing up screen

Posted by The Renegade Emperor on Jan 29 2013 - 03:35 PM

So, the problem is this: after the recent upgrade of the toolbar that fixes it at the top of the screen, I've experienced some "asymmetries" in the pages.

Here's a sample of what I get.

As you can see, when I open one of the boxes of the Toolbar it hides a part of it; something similar happens for example when I look at some people's "info card" ( dunno how to call it ), as shown at the bottom left part of the screenshot: the arrow on my "info card" isn't pointing to my name. 

Is it just my computer or is this happening to someone else?

I'm not seeing it. What OS and browser are you using?

The Renegade Emperor
Jan 29 2013 03:48 PM
I'm using Windows Internet Explorer on a Windows XP-running computer.

Try another browser. Check if you get the same results.

The part on the online users section is a bit of a problem, since the padding was adjusted so the navbar doesn't overlap the logo and stuff, but can be fixed through the script that handles the hover-menus.

Than the Moa
Jan 29 2013 06:56 PM
Can you check it now?  I made an adjustment that should help, though I should warn you that you are using an outdated browser (IE8 is the last version available for XP and they are currently up to IE10).  I suggest using Chrome or Firefox for an optimal experience as those are the most up-to-date with current web standards.

Not experiencing on Chrome windows 7

The Renegade Emperor
Jan 30 2013 08:44 AM
Checking with Chrome...

Yep, it works there. I suppose I should start using Chrome to come on BZP, then.
Okay, I think my issue is resolved now, after all. :) Thank you all!

Excellent, glad to hear.

A tip for everyone - always try to use the most recent browser version your OS supports!

locked issue

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users