• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Suggestion

Photo

Vote to kick option for group PMs

Posted by Cee Matrix on Jan 31 2013 - 06:42 PM

Okay so I started up a group PM with some buddies a while back. One guy I added doesnt come online at all and I think the space could be used better seeing as Im all out of places now. I think that the group leader should be able to start a "vote to kick", where if the majority agree, the user gets removed. Failing this, maybe just let the group leader be able to kick with out a vote, although I prefer the democracy rule as it stops the possibility of leaders getting power crazy and kicking members who they dont like, yet others may.

Any one else agree? 

Couldn't you just create a new PM conversation?

Couldn't you just create a new PM conversation?

Yes, but isnt it easier just to have a kick option. Im not saying I wont do it, but Ill hold back until I can get an answer.

The Renegade Emperor
Feb 01 2013 01:18 PM
I see what you did there. :P

I'd agree with such a change.

I think the process of voting to eliminate one member from a conversation would be too tedious to bother considering. Allowing the conversation starter to "kick" members makes a lot more sense.

However, I really don't see a need for this function at all. As Sumiki pointed out, it would be far easier to just create a new PM conversation. It takes what? a couple of minutes? Not really a big deal.

On another note: if you're using the PM system to chat, I would recommend using an instant messaging program instead, like Skype or AIM. The PM system really isn't built for that, which might be why you're not getting exactly what you want out of it.

Hmmm. This is a good idea. 

Engineer Alexandra Humva
Feb 05 2013 12:01 PM
I agree with Viserys; it's really something better left to the conversation starter. Voting is obtuse and if the conversation starter wants someone gone, it's his or her right, being the starter and all that.

Correct. I agree with AH, leaving this option to the head of the PM chat would be wiser. I think it is a good idea, however.

Thanks Peach. I just dont want head of groups to get all power crazy, but they have so little power to do ANYTHING at the moment.

Engineer Alexandra Humva
Feb 05 2013 10:06 PM
It's their PM. If they go all power crazy dictator mode, people can just... go away.

moved issue from Community Issues

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users